Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Jesus Christ what happened in here :psyduck:

Ok, so once again, if anyone is interested in sending supplies, or funds out there, you can PM me here, or email me here; explodingsims2@gmail.com, and I'll give you the address or paypal address.
Do note that if you're planning on sending money, he won't be able to use it until he gets a new card out there, which will take at least a week.

Also, if you're buying anything from Amazon, don't bother paying extra for one day shipping, it takes at least 4-6 days for anything to get out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Its also a good example of the goonthusiasm i spoke of.

YALL HAVES A HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT. GOOGLE PLAY LETS YOU DOWNLOAD GENERAL PATTON VS THE X-ECUTIONERS. LISTEN TO IT IN ITS ENTIRETY.

UNDERSTAND IT

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Hey man - you may be doing this right at this moment, but please remember to stay focused on the bottom (the jokes write themselves) and you'll get to the top in short order.

What you told me in the car re: (paraphrased) "I'm all about the presentation" stuck with me; it's what AI loves about you - you're an entertaining smart guy and that's hugely endearing.

With that said, time to do the hard work before you back to the self-gratification. If you can gently caress with that truck all last winter there shouldn't be anything preventing you from figuring out the camper's roof mechanism and getting the stove and heater working. If the two of us could get the roof halfway up with the engine hoist holding one side at 2:30am in the rain, I know you can crawl under that beast (which is totally safe - nothing is going to collapse on you from underneath) and figure out what's wrong and how to fix it.

Dangerous is relative - even if the roof came down completely, the beds are completely outside the roof and you'll be fine. I'm confident you can repair it without ruining it. You have the title in hand to permanent shelter for the foreseeable future without being dependent on further handouts, and that's a really powerful ace to have up your sleeve.

For the rest of the thread, the camper is otherwise in pretty good shape. It was clean inside, the canvas isn't ripped, and the appliances presumably work.

Likewise with the bike - it was in complete and perfect working order on Friday, and I also bought a little bottle of good lubricant for it that should be in the trash bag box, so Dave, please keep the Panther Piss away from perfectly good things that have no rust, such as the bike.

Please make good choices! We're all rooting for you! Get 'er done.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

On the subject of basic needs, are there plans to get Dave to a dentist? Chronic tooth pain is absolutely debilitating and miserable.

While full treatment is probably a bit beyond our reach, he needs to get evaluated and his teeth stabilized, at least.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Likewise with the bike - it was in complete and perfect working order on Friday, and I also bought a little bottle of good lubricant for it that should be in the trash bag box, so Dave, please keep the Panther Piss away from perfectly good things that have no rust, such as the bike.

Please make good choices! We're all rooting for you! Get 'er done.

Someones never had the safety off a can of panther piss i see

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Deteriorata posted:

On the subject of basic needs, are there plans to get Dave to a dentist? Chronic tooth pain is absolutely debilitating and miserable.

While full treatment is probably a bit beyond our reach, he needs to get evaluated and his teeth stabilized, at least.

They will not give him pain killers.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Please show us the thread's largesse is not in vain.

Dave, are you signed up for Medicaid?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Leperflesh posted:

They will not give him pain killers.

I don't think anyone suggested painkillers. Dentists may have other options for short-term relief. At the very least, I agree with an evaluation.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Tremek posted:

Please show us the thread's largesse is not in vain.

Dave, are you signed up for Medicaid?

I believe i was signed up for washington apple care through molina (sp?) But my wallet was stolen so many times i stopped replacing cards

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Understood - based on my limited understanding of the Medicaid system you will likely need to sign up in Nebraska.

Is there anything I can do to help you on this front? I know from helping another gent that it's a bureaucratic and annoying process, but if we could get you some care in Valentine that's going to go a long way to getting you feeling better.

Looks like much of it may be by phone? Possibly start here tomorrow?

http://dhhs.ne.gov/Children_Family_Services/AccessNebraska/Pages/accessnebraska_index.aspx

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Don't jump on people for expressing opinions, folks. We're all invested in this and that makes us emotional but that doesn't mean we can dogpile someone for what amounts to a rather mundane criticism.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Exactly, back to important topics.

1. Who else replaces lyrics to "Night Crawler" with "butt prowler?"

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

I grew up camping in a pop-up trailer like that for much of my youthful years, and if you can get it fixed up a bit I bet you'll be surprised how much you like it. Ours was an offroad model with a more solid beam axle, clearance and larger tires. I have fond memories of my dad struggling to set it up while I tried to help - they are lethal finger-pinchers until you get the hang of them, but are surprisingly comfy and ours stood up to some pretty strong desert winds over the years.

Tremek is a cool-rear end dude for getting you one!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Whenever Pat Benetar comes on the radio it's hit me with your cum shot, right in the faaaace.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

DICK DICER posted:

Exactly, back to important topics.

1. Who else replaces lyrics to "Night Crawler" with "butt prowler?"

I mean, I didn't do this before, but...

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

shy boy from chess club posted:

Whenever Pat Benetar comes on the radio it's hit me with your cum shot, right in the faaaace.

I mean my mom insists that's the hidden meaning of the original lyrics anyway soooo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Enourmo posted:

I mean my mom insists that's the hidden meaning of the original lyrics anyway soooo

cool mom

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0273/4347/files/1995_coleman_destiny_series.pdf?166952328207538286288

Here are some more pictures not sure this is the same camper. They are probably the similar.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
MY PACKAGE JUST ARRIVED IN NORTH PLATTE

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
oh my god

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

To north platte! :black101:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
no way

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

HOLY SHART

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

:dong: has arrived in North Blutte

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

DICK DICER posted:

MY PACKAGE JUST ARRIVED IN NORTH PLATTE

Aces

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Dave: Looks like there's at least one dental practice below in Valentine that takes Medicaid:

http://sandhillsfamilydental.com/financial-and-insurance-information/

Also looks like there's a Medicaid office actually in Valentine:

Looks like a 3 mile, 18 minute bike ride and it's right on your way into town off of 83.

PS, my wife went and looked this up and is now both reading the thread and emotionally invested in your continued well-being, so I'm gonna layer on some emotional baggage to take care of yourself. ;)

@Elephanhead: Good find, yes the camper is a Coleman Royale, title said 1985 but it looks like the designs are more or less the same over all years.

For the bike folks, the bike is a 2008 Trek 7500, 20" frame. That page indicates it came with 700x35c stock tires?

Other stuff I brought up for Dave that I can remember:

2 x 10-meal Mountain House meal boxes
2 x big tins of dried fruit
Some Nutrigrain bars
2 x big 7 gallon water containers
A medium-heavy insulated puffy-style XL jacket
Insulated winter work gloves
2 x pair heavy winter socks
Brand-new Camping toilet
LED head lamp - takes AAAs - he has a bunch
LED Coleman-style camping lamp - takes AAs - I brought him a 48-pack of AAs
If all else fails - a solar-charged LED inflatable camping lamp
Trash bags
Case of toilet paper
Costco bag of microfiber towels
2x spare (empty) propane tanks - I forgot to get these filled in the tire-changing chaos, but he now has 3 total propane tanks including the one that came on the camper.

So while not a complete and infinitely sustainable setup, it's what I could pull together on short notice.

*** per Dave, breaking news: Dave's original bike & box just arrived in North Platte. Who has ideas on how to use some social engineering to get Greyhound to deliver it to Dave, as opposed to him attempting to undertake a long and arduous journey to retrieve it?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Hey now, he's still got one option for making the trip back out there:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
BREAKING NEWS VALENTINE PREPARES FOR WAR AS TOP SECRET SUPERWEAPON, CODE NAME "BROWN NOTE" ANTICIPATED TO HIT CITY DIRECTLY

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
I'm glad to see things have been turning around here.

Dave, I'll keep this short: I totally can appreciate your strong strong urge to drop everything and grab your stuff, especially given that it is YOUR property and that greyhound has given you poo poo.

HOWEVER, PLEASE LET PEOPLE TRY TO HELP YOU TO DO THIS RATHER THAN GOING ALONE.

If you come back to valentine and all the nice stuff/general set up Tremek has given you is stolen or broken or messed up or what have you, having your bike and hammock isn't going to be as good of a situation as you're in now.

Edit: not sure to generally word what I'm trying to say, but just don't do anything insanely rash so you get put between a rock and hard place- lord knows you've been there too many times.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dave stopped moving, hurricane Irma weakening......Coincidence?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Dors dave know anyone in town? Maybe put the word out that if anyone is going to north platte, he'd chip in for gas money for a round trip. I (and I'm sure others) would be willing to help.

Other option: is it at that gas station? If someone sent them a fedex ground label would they be willing to slap it on?
If so and we know the box size, we can probably get it bike flighted for a few bux (I'm guessing like 30). Now that I think about it, that would be the better idea if we can get the size of the box.

Edit: bike flights is $50 plus insurance (assumes a standard large bike box and 65lbs), will take 3 days, which is a bit long, but it is fedex not greyhound so less places to go wrong.
I can email the shipping label to anyone.

nm fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 10, 2017

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
Consider U-ship, you'd be amazed at how cheap you can have stuff moved, especially with a wide schedule.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

McStephenson posted:

I'm glad to see things have been turning around here.

Dave, I'll keep this short: I totally can appreciate your strong strong urge to drop everything and grab your stuff, especially given that it is YOUR property

quote:

Edit: not sure to generally word what I'm trying to say, but just don't do anything insanely rash so you get put between a rock and hard place- lord knows you've been there too many times.

You act like im impulsive

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
A Mad Max: Fury Road reaction GIF re:my sincere assertions.

Touché.

edit: then again people are literally working to get a shipping label slapped on a box to "Burned Out Van, Valentine NE" soooooo

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

McStephenson posted:

Touché.

edit: then again people are literally working to get a shipping label slapped on a box to "Burned Out Van, Valentine NE" soooooo

The Jeep was burned out. The van is only clapped out :colbert:

(and engined out)

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

McStephenson posted:

Touché.

The property has an address as there is a locked house there.

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

nm posted:

The property has an address as there is a locked house there.

Guess I should have clarified; I know there's an actual address.

Also you kick rear end for trying to make this happen.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Local craigslist ad that casually mentions how the same out-of-towner who burned the jeep last year is back and needs a ride.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

angryrobots posted:

Local craigslist ad that casually mentions how the same out-of-towner who burned the jeep last year is back and needs a ride.

He's going to be locally famous one way or another anyway... might as well get a jump on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

angryrobots posted:

"Cool and Fun Guy Back In Town"

• Locked thread