Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I'm at 262 right now. I have off all day tomorrow too so I'm going to try to get to 280 at least. I haven't done the nightfall or the Crucible challenges yet either.

Edit: I also found my first Exotic Engram out in the wild and was super excited to open it. Got back to the tower and it yielded the only piece of exotic armor I already had.

Daric fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Mill Village posted:

My Titan's grenades take a bit to recharge with my current build, but my melee charges very fast.

I use Insurmountable Skullfort with Striker. As long as my melee kills, I get the charge back immediately. Even if I don't have the charge, killing an enemy with my melee triggers health regeneration and recharges the melee hit. It's great when I really need to heal and I have no cover nearby.

I should've been more specific, I meant the barrier, rift and dodge abilities new in D2. :shobon:
Hunter dodge is incredibly low cooldow, but it's also purely personal. I was wondering if the Titan and warlock ones are slower since they work for everyone.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Lumpy posted:

Don't worry, in three weeks we'll have half the posts in the thread being "okay, most people stopped playing, we need to consolidate the clans..." posts.

This thread is 75% a guestbook for retards who don't actually play looking to reap benefit from those who do.

Shocked to say it but I'm with Bone Krew on something, PS4 poons need the guidance of real men in their lives.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Your convertible is waiting for you outside. Spool up your dick and take it for a drive

iamthehans
May 1, 2012
Have room in my clan if people are looking for an active group of people add hansell on PSN

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

In Destiny 1 if you rapidly decrypted engrams of the same type there was a high chance of getting duplicates.

Source: My 7 Light Beyond Nemesis helmers

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Zipperelli. posted:

I'm like 99% sure it's the raid.

If you look at the achievements you can get on the bone, one of them says to complete the "Leviathan" raid.

There's also a thing you can scan in one of the missions on Titan where your ghost says it's a system for detecting incoming ships wanting to dock, and it's picking up something absolutely massive underwater. Definitely going to be related to the raid.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
The Leviathan is on Nessus

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Legs Benedict posted:

Source?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

No

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It's gonna try and eat Nessus

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's gonna try and eat Nessus

Well yeah but i mean it definitely isn't swimming underwater on Titan and poo poo

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Leviathan is so big that it's literally planning to gobble up Nessus.

Do the Adventure in the southwest corner of Nessus (Invitation from the Emperor), it's cool and good.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the leviathan the raid is about is not the same leviathan the hive killed off, because it is dead and was also a Light follower

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Dude all this poo poo is in the game

the leviathan is the cabal emperor's ship and now that Ghaul is dead he's inviting loyalist red legion dudes back into the fold if they can accomplish poo poo for him. There's the 7th division on Nessus trying to get vex data about the planetoid's composition so it can be fed to the leviathan when the emperor drives it to the system. you gently caress up the 7th division and intercept a transmission from the emperor saying they don't get to rejoin but if anyone that doesn't suck rear end can get the job done they are welcome back to the fold when he arrives

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Dude all this poo poo is in the game

the leviathan is the cabal emperor's ship and now that Ghaul is dead he's inviting loyalist red legion dudes back into the fold if they can accomplish poo poo for him. There's the 7th division on Nessus trying to get vex data about the planetoid's composition so it can be fed to the leviathan when the emperor drives it to the system. you gently caress up the 7th division and intercept a transmission from the emperor saying they don't get to rejoin but if anyone that doesn't suck rear end can get the job done they are welcome back to the fold when he arrives

Also, they want Nessus so they can grind it to dust and make wine out of it. The Cabal are hedonists.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i hope the final raid boss is just the pre-nerf story turbines that people couldn't figure out

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the leviathan the raid is about is not the same leviathan the hive killed off, because it is dead and was also a Light follower

There's a fish that's like, building sized outside the window on Titan when you're under sea level. This is tiny compared to the planet sized "leviathan" on fundament that got hosed up by the neo-hive. There's a bunch of bad info and theorycrafting flying around because of a medium sized fish being confused with a planet sized worm God rival and Reddit being bad. See also: Rasputin Shot The Traveler bullshit theories

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

DrNutt posted:

Also, they want Nessus so they can grind it to dust and make wine out of it. The Cabal are hedonists.

I'm gonna join them and spend all day jacking off

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

There's a fish that's like, building sized outside the window on Titan when you're under sea level.

Link to this?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I wish they had kept the grimoire cards up on bnet in a legacy section somewhere, like how they archived all your previous halo games when another one came out.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The cabal emperor peers through the void at the edge of the universe to send a message to the guardians

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/892450446564085760

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=341NKM2C8tI

IT'S A GIANT WOOOOOORM

Instant Gears of War 2 flashbacks.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

RBA Starblade posted:

My bad, I meant recoil, damage is on weapons. I guess my real question is do mods apply at all in the Crucible?

Also I've gotten six exotics (only one's armor), broken down enough stuff for 30 shards, have 230 or so light, and I'm decked out in legendaries. I guess I'm ready for the raid and nightfall when I get to it. :v:

raid is probably going to be 280 light so you're basically just starting.

you burned all your legendaries early and basically grinded "incorrectly" which is very much a thing in this stupid series.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Vatek posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=341NKM2C8tI

IT'S A GIANT WOOOOOORM

Instant Gears of War 2 flashbacks.

Oh maaan that's loving cool :D

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mr. Unlucky posted:

raid is probably going to be 280 light so you're basically just starting.

you burned all your legendaries early and basically grinded "incorrectly" which is very much a thing in this stupid series.

Welp!

The legendaries were all 210 or so and I have a full second set of 220-230 (seriously with zero grinding, just following milestones in between missions) so it's not that bad.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
actually its very bad the milestones are to be saved for last and basically the only source of gear that's 270+

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I made it to 270 and only have the crucible milestone left. I don't think I can hit 280 without starting a second character. :smith:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mr. Unlucky posted:

actually its very bad the milestones are to be saved for last and basically the only source of gear that's 270+

gently caress

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
we don't even actually know that the raid requires 280 to go in, but 230 is probably not high enough. also, don't forget that things like the nightfall and call to arms milestones are almost definitely weekly.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
play patrol for 8 hours so you get like 20 sets of legendary turn ins for devrim kay, then do the story and you will get a ton of bright engrams from all the exp it gives, then do the exotic quests and milestones 1 by 1 and if you spaced it all out correctly you'll be at 285 and raid ready with no alts needed.

it's dumb but this is how you do it. you can get to 265 with basically just blues so dont waste your good drops before then.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I'm gonna hit 280 as soon as I win a few more crucible matches

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Don't worry about breaking 280 this week. The way Power scales, you just need to exceed the power level for an activity and you're doing the Max Possible Damage. You gain trivial amounts of damage resistance as you push higher above the activity's power level.

Unless you're doing the 300 Prestige Nightfall, there's nothing in the game above 260 right now.

Tuesday you'll get showered in weekly loot so fast you'll be above 280 in no time.

Bets on the Raid unlock/recommended levels? I'm thinking 250 unlock, 270 rec.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

its almost like it's a game with a long tail and you can take your time with it if you want instead of doing things in the Optimal Reddit-Approved Poopsock Method

don't worry my dude you're fine, you may just be a week off from raiding or whatever

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
(If you're not 280 you'll probably crest it after the first raid section drops something, and the first section will in all likelihood be 270 recommended)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Oh yeah and I forget everything resets the day before, stop freaking out ffs

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'm also 279 light and i did my poo poo super hosed up

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Legs Benedict posted:

its almost like it's a game with a long tail and you can take your time with it if you want instead of doing things in the Optimal Reddit-Approved Poopsock Method

don't worry my dude you're fine, you may just be a week off from raiding or whatever

This. The game has been out less than a week yo.

Dwitzl
Feb 4, 2008

You got dem orrrrbs?

Darth Windu posted:

Should I decrypt any yellow engrams I get or wait until I'm max light

Engrams Power level is determined at the moment it drops- so its in your benefit to decrypt them ASAP, the only exception is engrams that are presented as rep gains or milestone rewards that are held onto by a vendor or such person- those will calculate light level based on when you take them from the vendor.

SO if you reach a milestone at a low power level, then go level up a bit, and then go back and get the reward from the vendor, it will re-calculate the dropped light level for that reward. An engram that you have in your own posession, however is going to stay at whatever calculated level it was when it dropped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i'm also 279 light and i did my poo poo super hosed up

Do you have any +5 Legendary Mods you can put in?

Play The Game and hope for an Exotic Engram, too.