Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

dogsicle posted:

huh, didn't realize 1 did it and haven't played 3

There are moments in 3 when it's possible to end up having an NPC summon you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Summoning NPCs in 1 sometimes granted their equipment if you beat the boss with them (the Witch lady, Paladin Leroy), and 3 has that AND you can get gestures!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

it's ok if a youtuber uses racial slurs or expresses ugly views as long as you can give a cheap enough justification for it

listen havnt you ever shouted racial slurs during an intense gaming moment

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Colonel posted:

it's ok if a youtuber uses racial slurs or expresses ugly views as long as you can give a cheap enough justification for it

i'd say it's more like "it's ok if a youtuber uses racial slurs or expresses ugly views as long as they're willing to graciously accept that they'll lose viewers/their sponsorship over it"

free speech, meet free market :unsmigghh:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Jay Rust posted:

Summoning NPCs in 1 sometimes granted their equipment if you beat the boss with them (the Witch lady, Paladin Leroy), and 3 has that AND you can get gestures!

It's not required to summon NPCs in 1 to get their equipment. You have to beat Leeroy as a black phantom to get his equipment, and beat Four Kings to get Beatrice's equipment.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
What's the overlap of people trying to downplay this and people getting really upset at that guy playing Cuphead badly?

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Viewtiful Jew posted:

What's the overlap of people trying to downplay this and people getting really upset at that guy playing Cuphead badly?

Total eclipse.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I wish they wouldnt say that word and then laugh and smile and carry on

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I had already assumed that PDP had leaned into appealing to a racist fanbase like the other personalities that had gotten burned in similar ways

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I had already assumed that PDP had leaned into appealing to a racist fanbase like the other personalities that had gotten burned in similar ways

Too big to fail

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

listen havnt you ever shouted racial slurs during an intense gaming moment
tfw you get REALLY into a game and accidentally recite all 14 words while standing and saluting the portrait of adolf hitler hanging over your tv

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

i'm still bummed the mouse didn't go after him but then i just wanna watch youtube and social media burn

homeless snail posted:

tfw you get REALLY into a game and accidentally recite all 14 words while standing and saluting the portrait of adolf hitler hanging over your tv

the things you can't see from the facecam...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My first time through a souls game I let myself get summoned for each boss like five times just because I like to fight bosses. And then I will fight them solo until I can win.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

yeah summoning is honestly a great implementation of that. it's limited by (replenishable) in-game resources but as far as I'm aware there's absolutely nothing in any of the games (although I never played Demon's Souls) that you lock yourself out of by not playing solo-- not even meta-game stuff like trophies or whatever, it's all honor system. hell you're even rewarded with covenant items and stuff for being a host if you're in the appropriate one. i think it's a really creative take on an "easy mode" that basically says "hey, it's ok if you can't do this alone" :unsmith:

One of the coolest thing Demon's had was that one of the "bosses" just pulled other people playing online at the moment into the arena and it was a PvP battle. It rarely ever happens to you but when I last played hte game like a year ago I played as the boss for people like 5 or 6 times. Very cool encounter

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The White Dragon posted:

i'm still bummed the mouse didn't go after him but then i just wanna watch youtube and social media burn

Disney dropped him at least, right?

In Training posted:

My first time through a souls game I let myself get summoned for each boss like five times just because I like to fight bosses. And then I will fight them solo until I can win.

I still wish souls games would let you re-fight bosses solo like Majora's Mask. All games should do that. Why did Zelda stop doing that it was cool.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/vanaman/status/906983575337107456

Uh-oh everybody we gotta defend Felix now game company is doing a bad thing that might affect his livelihood we gotta stand with our gaming brother.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I've finished everything in Picross e6 and now I guess I gotta buy e7

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm not sure they can do that? Not that YouTube cares that much when it comes to dmca claims but

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

pewdiepie already got his millions

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Motto posted:

I'm not sure they can do that? Not that YouTube cares that much when it comes to dmca claims but

They can, copyright law is really stupid.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

PewDiePie will rue the day he tried to gently caress with Turt Reynolds.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PewDiePie's audience is 16 year old middle class white boys. He won't be affected by this even though it should actually ruin his career.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

They can. Nintendo and Sega have both pretty conclusively proven that you can do that.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

a.lo posted:

pewdiepie already got his millions

I wonder what the first YouTube billionaire will be like

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

maybe its that one guy that made that naruto hell song

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

YouTube was sold to Google for $1.65 billion so, the guys who made it. :cheeky:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

thats basically what notch is, minecraft got as big as it did because of youtube

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Endorph posted:

thats basically what notch is, minecraft got as big as it did because of youtube

So Youtuber's are fatass fedora wearing white men that are racist and hate women.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I said come in! posted:

So Youtuber's are fatass fedora wearing white men that are racist and hate women.

yes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Where do I sign!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm glad of it

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Yeah

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I thought it was evolution of dance man

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

People don't realize how intimidating youtubers can be

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

I said come in! posted:

Sometimes they're shirtless bodybuilder white men that are racist and hate women

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

gangnam style is a cool guy at least

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Endorph posted:

Oh I forgot he was a billionaire

Does he still just sit inside his mansion being garbage on twitter all day

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Help Im Alive posted:

Oh I forgot he was a billionaire

Does he still just sit inside his mansion being garbage on twitter all day

Of course lol

He's going to keep on grinding that axe until he throws himself off the roof of his candy palace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I46Uv9s05Zo

In non pewdiepie news, I am psyched for No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again, so I decided to turn one of my favorite songs from the series into a playable GH3 custom! Hell yeah!!

Also in doing this I learned that Akira Yamaoka produced the soundtracks for No More Heroes 2 and Shadows of the Damned. Which is a cool fact I didn't know.

• Locked thread