Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

hey now, David Icke is a left wing conspiracist who says reptilians are white people from Mars, not Jews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

hey now, David Icke is a left wing conspiracist who says reptilians are white people from Mars, not Jews

That's genuinely refreshing to know.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

MizPiz posted:

That's genuinely refreshing to know.

There was an entire court case about it, iirc.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

I had no idea such a thing could even exist

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 223 days!

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCTTq0q4h-A

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Michael Bayleaf posted:

I had no idea such a thing could even exist

David Icke possesses the Hottest Take of All Time, which is that the Protocols of the Elders of Zion are real, true, and totally legitimate, but the Jews are only used as an innocent scapegoat to cover up the fact that it's REALLY about lizard aliens, who are not a metaphor for anything and are actually lizard aliens.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Your Parents posted:

David Icke possesses the Hottest Take of All Time, which is that the Protocols of the Elders of Zion are real, true, and totally legitimate, but the Jews are only used as an innocent scapegoat to cover up the fact that it's REALLY about lizard aliens, who are not a metaphor for anything and are actually lizard aliens.

i remember watching jon ronson's rulers of the world documentary on david icke and he was also talking to a leftist jewish group planning on protesting him. at first they thought he was talking about jews when he said "lizard people" so were going to protest a seminar he was holding in toronto but as they learned more about him you saw more and more of them start to realize "oh no he's literally talking about lizard people..."

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/ProgressBar2017/status/906614188134498307

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

nice

anyways here's where david icke came out as a nutjob in 1991 after being told in 1990 by a psychic that he'd been put on earth to recieve messages from the spirit world. before he started ranting about lizard men he was a fairly well known (in britain) sports commentator for the bbc. then he went on wogan and blew it all up

https://youtu.be/NapHiWsoFXI

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
he'd been into new age bullshit since the 80s but in was in the 90s he really went crazy

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

wasn't he married to a jewish lady and so those are the only conspiracy theories he won't have anything to do with

or am i thinking of art bell

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 223 days!

Your Parents posted:

it's tragic, really. gifted by fate with a take too hot for any sane mind.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/ItMeIRL/status/906909968321753088

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/ItMeIRL/status/906887279276371968

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Powaqoatse posted:

no yea no the eagles are apparently the best songsmiths to ever grace this earth :|

irl the only good things the eagles ever did was naming that one live album "hell froze over" or whatever as an internal joke that was super public

Incorrect

They also did the theme for the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy TV show

e: Journey of the 18th lv Sorcerer

Nebakenezzer has issued a correction as of 18:03 on Sep 10, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Nebakenezzer posted:

Incorrect

They also did the theme for the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy TV show

e: Journey of the 18th lv Sorcerer

double incorrect son, hitchhikers guide is monty python for blind people

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

:bisonyes:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Your Parents posted:

It blows me away that goons jump out of the woodwork to defend how Icke is actually funny and different, when he is constantly touring among neofascist and white supremacist groups to peddle this poo poo and there is no air between him and a normal white supremacist aside from how creative he is. Ranting about the Protocols, Holocaust denial, all that poo poo.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Icke is actually funny and different.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
https://twitter.com/JulianAssange/status/906630669085835269

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i sure wish assange would throw himself in front of a tank

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

such a rapey coward

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

The spainyards are getting really upset!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lol but also he does know that the catalonia independence movement has a strong leftist element to it, right?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

He's right.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

this is going in the cursed images thread

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Darkman Fanpage posted:

lol but also he does know that the catalonia independence movement has a strong leftist element to it, right?

if he has putin's hand shoved up his rear end, i imagine his goal is more "wreak chaos in the west" than any ideological bend

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

sure, but for all the wrong reasons

& yeah. assange is a putinite fascist and the only reason hed back up a local ethnic independence movement is that is messes with the eu.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Powaqoatse posted:

sure, but for all the wrong reasons

Yep. But I'm fine with getting help freeing nations lacking self-determination even if allies' motivation is nationalistic or to "weaken the west."

Edit: I see we have the same assessment.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

btw i read an interview with the catalan president, he seems alright

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

it'd be a pretty hilarious self own if putin managed to pull another trumpening but this time with a leftist that spearheaded climate change reform that tanked russia's economy

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/DOGGEAUX/status/906992231134855168

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Business Gorillas posted:

it'd be a pretty hilarious self own if putin managed to pull another trumpening but this time with a leftist that spearheaded climate change reform that tanked russia's economy

heck yeah thatd be a pro trumpening

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the modern catalan independence movement exists pretty much solely because catalonia is wealthier than the rest of spain

Fallen Hamprince has issued a correction as of 23:29 on Sep 10, 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Fallen Hamprince posted:

he modern catalan independence movement exists pretty much solely because catalonia is wealthier than the rest of spain

he modern *grunt, snort''
she old fashioned *drool, gibber*

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

wut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

they're trying to make you feel better about your penis