Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I tested the Rat King with a group of 3 in the open world and there was no damage increase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I don't think we should have to choose between story and grimoire. Give me both, like practically every other RPG/thing out there

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

What exactly should I be spending my glimmer on at level cap? I'm at the currency cap and don't know what I should buy, just buy stuff and break it down for parts?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Javes posted:

I tested the Rat King with a group of 3 in the open world and there was no damage increase.

Once you get four it shoots much faster apparently

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Javes posted:

Maybe it's on the same target? So it's for boss fights and yellow/orange bars?

I NEED SCISSORS
Dec 6, 2004

Ask me about "probable reason" or whatever you call that thing.
Anyone try the 300 nightfall yet? Is it possible below 300?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

ankle posted:

What exactly should I be spending my glimmer on at level cap? I'm at the currency cap and don't know what I should buy, just buy stuff and break it down for parts?

I buy weapon mod packs and the map things that highlight caches on each planet. I just spend down to like 70,000 at the start of a session and usually it's back up to the max by the time I finish for the night.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Beat the campaign! I really liked it overall, but I do wish that Ghaul survived the final mission and was the ultimate boss in the raid, like Oryx was. As it is, while Ghaul was kinda interesting he doesn't do a lot and everything with him and his army is wrapped up a little too well right at the end.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

texaholic posted:

I got it on the fourth try with some random [KINK] dudes from the discord. I guess we got lucky?? and yeah the gun sucks it is a kinetic sidearm what did you expect.

How many zavala tokens did you get? We ended up beating it 4 times and I got 25~ tokens all together which was nice.

Yeah it was like 4 tries for us we just had to do other stuff in between. Lots of tokens. I think I got an exotic engram too. Wasn't a big deal trying.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Policenaut posted:

I'm an Exo does an Exo need to take a dump

Only if they feel like eating. This is real. Exos poo poo and piss.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You can also see what you would look like, head to toe, in a shader by going to your INVENTORY and hitting "Preview" on the shader.

Otherwise you only get to preview each specific piece of gear, if you hit Preview while in the "modify this piece of gear" screen.

I realize that, it is more of a QoL complaint then anything. I want a button on the head to toe preview that says "apply to all equipped" armor.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

texaholic posted:

I realize that, it is more of a QoL complaint then anything. I want a button on the head to toe preview that says "apply to all equipped" armor.

Same!

Also, holy crap it takes a lot of Glimmer to apply shaders.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Beat the campaign! I really liked it overall, but I do wish that Ghaul survived the final mission and was the ultimate boss in the raid, like Oryx was. As it is, while Ghaul was kinda interesting he doesn't do a lot and everything with him and his army is wrapped up a little too well right at the end.

I'm still pretty sure they'll use Cum Ghost Colossus Gahul as a raid boss at some point. They wouldn't spend all that time in the code mines to give him the spoogified effects and only use it on a cutscene you can skip.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I NEED SCISSORS posted:

Anyone try the 300 nightfall yet? Is it possible below 300?

A streamer beat it at 282 but it took him twelve hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3kYTZpie50

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Is it me or is Wizard jumping really lovely? I keep dying jumping around The Rig

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

E2M2 posted:

Is it me or is Wizard jumping really lovely? I keep dying jumping around The Rig

It's not just you, warlocks absolute suck at jumping

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

E2M2 posted:

you just gotta use to it

also you can "cancel" the warlock and titan jump by hitting the jump key again, I'm just saying in case there any new players.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Father Wendigo posted:

I'm still pretty sure they'll use Cum Ghost Colossus Gahul as a raid boss at some point. They wouldn't spend all that time in the code mines to give him the spoogified effects and only use it on a cutscene you can skip.

The Traveler blew him to pieces. He's not coming back.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
attn: The Best Halo Yet-ers

get your clan reward for nightfall

YOU'RE WELCOME and keep grinding meaningless clan xp, tia

I NEED SCISSORS
Dec 6, 2004

Ask me about "probable reason" or whatever you call that thing.

actionjackson posted:

A streamer beat it at 282 but it took him twelve hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3kYTZpie50

Yikes, looks brutal, but probably possible with the right group. Thanks!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
how the gently caress do you embed gifs from imgur anymore

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Played a bit of stormcaller today after trying to stay only dawnblade and lmao my little arc soul buddy was shooting dudes for exactly 69 damage, what a guy

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

FishBulb posted:

No? lol

Warlocks are amazing and I feel like I can get anywhere. The glide is so goddamn good. Easy to control.

Git gud?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Dawnblade doesn't click until you realize you can literally fly with it activated

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead

FishBulb posted:

After D1 I'm really used to the warlock jump and haven't had any issues with it ever. Even in the taken king raid.
That being said, I'm loving terrible with the hunter jump, even with the triple.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mill Village posted:

The Traveler blew him to pieces. He's not coming back.

also that was a CGI cutscene so it doesn't represent an engine feature

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I have it on good authority that Ghaul was called Cum Ghost internally.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I have it on good authority that Ghaul was called Cum Ghost internally.

Ghaul was C.G.I, we already covered that

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
[Lionel Hutz Voice] Cum Ghost Internally? No...Cum Internally, Ghost!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Raid Boss has leaked

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Actually rat king is awesome, in PvE, the invisibility completely breaks aggro.

Too bad it's a side arm

Vintersorg posted:

No? lol

Warlocks are amazing and I feel like I can get anywhere. The glide is so goddamn good. Easy to control.

Git gud?

I'm pretty good, good enough to realize when a thing is poo poo bad, like warlock jumping, at least.

Rotten posted:

After D1 I'm really used to the warlock jump and haven't had any issues with it ever. Even in the taken king raid.
That being said, I'm loving terrible with the hunter jump, even with the triple.

Hunter Jump is like, basic action video game jump. What the hell.

They both suck compared to titans though. Even with less good skating they can still do a decent job of it.

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead

FishBulb posted:

Hunter Jump is like, basic action video game jump. What the hell.

They both suck compared to titans though. Even with less good skating they can still do a decent job of it.

Guess I'm just too used to dumpster jump. I do like titan jump though, feels catapulty.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

FishBulb posted:

Actually rat king is awesome, in PvE, the invisibility completely breaks aggro.

Too bad it's a side arm

Yeah, even if you don't like it you can only infuse it into another sidearm

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Raid Boss has leaked

The cabal empire expanded so rapidly under Ghaul because they had so much cum and sweat and spit to fuel their war machines

Loving Leader
Sep 17, 2004

HOT PIE COMIN THROUGH

Loving Leader posted:

Straight Fire Food Blog

Yes. We are PS4 Destiny Clan. Started by a small group of Goons in the first Destiny, and we are looking for any members. We've sort have been playing together for the last 3 years, some come and go. Some come, go, and then come back. Basically PVP and PVE.

Some members: Absolomb, poooM, myself, Furbo, blah blah blah.

Join

If you're interested. PSN: BaxterFied or PM on here.

Want to make a note there is like 20 of us.. we just made it to level 2...

#blessed

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Warlock jumping for life. So good it makes the hunt for the captain on the rocks easy as pie. I wouldn't think any jump sucks so Fishbulb you're weird. :cheeky:

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
there's only one true warlock and they have the best jump, it's called BLINK maybe you've heard of it??? drat amateurs

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i thought I was going to stop playing after hitting level 20 and finishing the story but decided to keep going until I unlocked my third subclass, which I already did and now hours later I'm still playing just trying to get my outfit right

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Seeing all the people around me getting exotic engrams from public events when I haven't gotten a single one yet is a bummer.

On the bright side I now have a full set of the coolest shader I've found so far, but now I know I'm never going to use them because I'll be too paranoid about finding a much better piece of gear literally 30 seconds later. I guess that's less of an issue once you start hitting light level softcaps, it sounds like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
just find the gear that you like the look of and go nuts, man