Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Macaluso posted:

Wait is that really the name of an ability? 👌

He has a lot of talents based on biology or virology, Vigorous Reuptake, Targeted Excision, Reactive Ballistospores, Universal Carrier, et al. Malthael (On a Pale Horse, Memento Mori) and Murky (A Time to Krill, Wrath of Cod) have some great themed talent names too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

EdRush posted:

He has a lot of talents based on biology or virology, Vigorous Reuptake, Targeted Excision, Reactive Ballistospores, Universal Carrier, et al. Malthael (On a Pale Horse, Memento Mori) and Murky (A Time to Krill, Wrath of Cod) have some great themed talent names too.

The best malthael talent name is obviously Throwing Shade

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

EdRush posted:

Murky (Fish Tank) has some great themed talent names too.

ftfy

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i like murky's level 20 talent i think its called Big Time gently caress Fish

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

All of ETC's non-generic talents are punny

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I wish Egg Hunt was called Shell Game

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Kusaru posted:

I picked up one of the Theramore Jaina skins because it was only 140 shards and got in a game with a Thrall.
"Jaina, it's been a long time."
"Not long enough."

Yeah, it didn't mention it but I could swear that there's a few voice lines that got added for that skin.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I wish Egg Hunt was called Shell Game

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Not many games are won at draft. This one was drat close:

Our opponent was favored

The Valla was a goon too :yeah:

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 10, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I haven't been playing much new Leoric - I just don't see when to pick him over Sonya or Dehaka now. If anyone knows when he'd be the better pick I'd be curious, I don't mind his playstyle or anything and Entomb is still one of my favorite ults in the game.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

EdRush, Emery, NBHippo vs me and Cruxtaposition just now. Was fun.

Aaod
May 29, 2004
Is it me or does Samuro fill a similar role to Sonya but does a way worse job at it? I have been playing him and liking how he plays but the entire time I am thinking to myself everything this character can do Sonya can do better.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Aaod posted:

Is it me or does Samuro fill a similar role to Sonya but does a way worse job at it? I have been playing him and liking how he plays but the entire time I am thinking to myself everything this character can do Sonya can do better.

Samuro has been continuously nerfed since stealth heroes are very powerful in quick match, but since they're much much weaker in anything else he will never be a good pick.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

BrianBoitano posted:

EdRush, Emery, NBHippo vs me and Cruxtaposition just now. Was fun.

Ending the game before I got my level 20 Nazeebo was not very gentlemanly or sporting of you all, chap. Grievous breach of courtesy, old bean.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It's called Egg Hunt because Easter Murky is canon.

Cruxtaposition
Jan 27, 2012

I'm mowing the air Randy! I'm mowing the air!

Aaod posted:

As far as merc'ing yes, except samuro is a roamer and sonya should be solo in a lane in 95% of situations that aren't teamfights.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

No Wave posted:

I haven't been playing much new Leoric - I just don't see when to pick him over Sonya or Dehaka now. If anyone knows when he'd be the better pick I'd be curious, I don't mind his playstyle or anything and Entomb is still one of my favorite ults in the game.

If the a) enemy team either has big beefy fellows for you to get value out of drain hope's percentage damage or b) there's squishies with no teleportation on their team and high aoe burst on your team for entombed value, leoric is probably a good secondary warrior pick.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Bought kel with my saved up gold, that dude is way more technical than I thought. All of his abilities are DELAYED skill shots :aaa:

Anyone have tips?

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

PantsBandit posted:

Bought kel with my saved up gold, that dude is way more technical than I thought. All of his abilities are DELAYED skill shots :aaa:

Anyone have tips?

Go for the blighted frost build on grubby's site. Combo is E>E>W>R>Q. If there's two easily chained enemies do that and put the nova directly between them, if not use glacial spike or a convenient enemy building and put the nova adjacent to the spike/structure in the direction they're coming from. KTZ is very similar to Kerrigan, just like you don't usually use impaling blades without primal grasp, you should rarely be using chains or nova without the other.

Keep an eye on other lanes, the good ult has global range and a 15 second cooldown, so if you see a low enemy running away toss it a bit ahead of them. It's pretty easy to avoid, but you might catch them, and even if you don't you could force them to slow down enough for a teammate to catch up and finish the job.

Completing your trait quest is essential, you spike so hard once you do. With that in mind, you should never be in a solo lane if you can at all avoid it. Get in on that level 1 brawl, an E-W combo can lead to picks and you're stacking Blight regardless.

If there's two of Diablo/ETC/Garrosh on your team, or Tracer/Genji/similarly mobile hero on the enemy team, resign yourself to not finishing your trait until level 16 or later, if ever.

Aaod
May 29, 2004
Kel might as well be a crowd control oriented support before he completes his quest, but after that he can poo poo out tons of AOE damage.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Thanks for the tips. I think my primary hurdle to get over is that he's soooo squishy and has extremely limited escape options compared to most other squishies. I died so many times :negative:

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

PantsBandit posted:

Thanks for the tips. I think my primary hurdle to get over is that he's soooo squishy and has extremely limited escape options compared to most other squishies. I died so many times :negative:

Your escape options are basically "Chain to spike/each other, nova optional", and "nova at feet, run and pray"

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I actually took Shifting Malice on occasion when the other team was just full of heroes with CC.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lprsti99 posted:

Go for the blighted frost build on grubby's site. Combo is E>E>W>R>Q. If there's two easily chained enemies do that and put the nova directly between them, if not use glacial spike or a convenient enemy building and put the nova adjacent to the spike/structure in the direction they're coming from. KTZ is very similar to Kerrigan, just like you don't usually use impaling blades without primal grasp, you should rarely be using chains or nova without the other.

Keep an eye on other lanes, the good ult has global range and a 15 second cooldown, so if you see a low enemy running away toss it a bit ahead of them. It's pretty easy to avoid, but you might catch them, and even if you don't you could force them to slow down enough for a teammate to catch up and finish the job.

Completing your trait quest is essential, you spike so hard once you do. With that in mind, you should never be in a solo lane if you can at all avoid it. Get in on that level 1 brawl, an E-W combo can lead to picks and you're stacking Blight regardless.

If there's two of Diablo/ETC/Garrosh on your team, or Tracer/Genji/similarly mobile hero on the enemy team, resign yourself to not finishing your trait until level 16 or later, if ever.

Isn't it better to do E>W>E? The stun is short enough that if they're quick they'd be able to run out of it, but if you do E>W>E they get pulled into the nova.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

SirSamVimes posted:

Isn't it better to do E>W>E? The stun is short enough that if they're quick they'd be able to run out of it, but if you do E>W>E they get pulled into the nova.

This. Also, your E has 4 seconds before you need to chain the second dude. Take your time.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

How can you tell where to place the nova if you haven't hooked the other enemy yet?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

It's basically simultaneous. The hook is so fast that it almost always hits. Just E, wait, W-E at once.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

PantsBandit posted:

How can you tell where to place the nova if you haven't hooked the other enemy yet?

Put it between the two people you're going to pull together.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Yeah, that's fair, and I'm sure it's essential if you're trying to hook someone with bolt or something similar.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
NA HOTS pros are so bad that the top team lets their core be destroyed by an arcane punisher in order to chase a Medivh halfway across the map for no reason

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Midnightghoul posted:

NA HOTS pros are so bad that the top team lets their core be destroyed by an arcane punisher in order to chase a Medivh halfway across the map for no reason

lordfrikk posted:

e: turns out the key is not to chase like a dumbass

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Did they get the kill!

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Check out this replay and look what the Li Ming does at 4:30 and 6:40. I know that I had fish eye but she goes right for my egg both times and just orbs it from range. And nobody on their team saw me place it either time.
https://ufile.io/hpbzh

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
I've had successful support + tassadar/zarya drafts but I've never won a game when my team drafted two traditional supports. So far it's always been LiLi + other healer. When is double support a good comp? What healer combinations do well in double support?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
These promotional crossover events are getting out of hand.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Dire Human posted:

Nothing says "maintenance mode with as little effort as possible" like a huge themed release of a long-requested character completele with animated announcement trailer and an in-depth making-of feature.

The "dead game in maintenance mode" meme is seen in the LoL and Dota communities as well, so I guess a game can be considered successful when it reaches the point where its players are addicted enough to loathe it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
By that metric every Blizzard game is wildly successful so I think we can call it flawless.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
kloctus when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Maybe it's just me being bad or exaggerating but it seems like lately even in my poo poo tier there have been too many Tyrandes shooting owls with almost infallible accuracy. Like shooting owls diagonally across map and hitting people coming back to lane with no minions to provide visibility kind of snipes.