Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I may have a stroke if the Colts lose and the Jaguars are in sole possession of 1st place in the AFC South.

I cannot believe that Watt/Clowney /Mercilus had zero sacks.

The Jaguars are now over .500 for the first time in over 2,000 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Clowney was invisible the entire game, Mercilus for most of it. The Jags just ran away from Watt the whole game and no one else could do anything

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Congrats to Jags fans for being the sole 1-0 team in the AFC South.

john donne
Apr 10, 2016

All suitors of all sorts themselves enthral;

So on his back lies this whale wantoning,

And in his gulf-like throat, sucks everything

That passeth near.
In defense of the Texans, the Jaguars have invested a ton of high draft picks into their OL and running game. It had to pay off eventually.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I think every TE we have got a concussion. That's not good.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

john donne posted:

In defense of the Texans, the Jaguars have invested a ton of high draft picks into their OL and running game. It had to pay off eventually.
A 2nd and 2 thirds over three years is "a ton"?

edit: Cann played decent today but I consider him replacement level.

Then again I thought the Jaguars were going to be godawful this year and they just beat Houston at home, so I should probably just be ignored.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 10, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Texans have invested in their line too, but the best one is holding out and the rests are busts whether it be FA or draft busts

e: If Romo was still holding onto any possibility of unretiring to be the Texans QB he had to see the o-line today and just think lol nope

Intruder fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 10, 2017

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Sorry about all of your tight ends.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Glad I slept through the game

10 sacks, woof

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Congratulations to the division leading Jaguars

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

fast cars loose anus posted:

Glad I slept through the game

10 sacks, woof
I've gotta say, great av + post combo.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Christ, I didn't drink enough and still watching watching this shitshow colts game.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jags bitches

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I've gotta say, great av + post combo.

I got it after one of Schaub's disasters the year he fell apart but it's hard to capture that in an av so I went with buttslide instead

I'll change it when/if something good happens

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Andrew Luck is the greatest QB ever. Look at the team without him.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Brissett just came in and immediately dropped a bomb to Moncrief.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tolzien threw more TDs to the Rams than Goff did.

So he's gotta be cut after this game. Pagano has got to be fired. If Tolzien still has a job this week, I've gotta wonder what Ballard is thinking.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Codependent Poster posted:

Tolzien threw more TDs to the Rams than Goff did.

So he's gotta be cut after this game. Pagano has got to be fired. If Tolzien still has a job this week, I've gotta wonder what Ballard is thinking.

Something along the lines of "My God, we could actually possibly get a top 3 pick"

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
extremely glad houston looks like rear end

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

Something along the lines of "My God, we could actually possibly get a top 3 pick"

Only if they shut Luck down! But he didn't do that. So Luck will drag the team to 7 wins or so.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Only if they shut Luck down! But he didn't do that. So Luck will drag the team to 7 wins or so.

If you keep Luck on the roster you can still sell tickets using the "Luck might play" lie.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Athanatos posted:

If you keep Luck on the roster you can still sell tickets using the "Luck might play" lie.

Which is exactly what Irsay did with Peyton's injury year, so I'm definitely not discounting it as a possibility

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
2 of the Topic QBs did not survive the day

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Athanatos posted:

2 of the Topic QBs did not survive the day
That was a savvy Topic change.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Goddamn. This clown show at QB has got to end at some point, it's embarrassing watching a young QB get pulled at halftime of the opener.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

b0ng posted:

Goddamn. This clown show at QB has got to end at some point, it's embarrassing watching a young QB get pulled at halftime of the opener.
He was a statue in the pocket, pulling him was the right call. Every passing play was a sack or int risk. Watson was much more elusive in the pocket.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

b0ng posted:

Was Savage ever anything but a placeholder for Watson? I mean, he was garbage so if he stunk it up, why not pull him.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
savage should not have been drafted period

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pagano said they got their asses kicked by the 49ers. I think he's just practicing for a few weeks in advance.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans looked fine against a really good Raiders team, just could not get into the red zone when it mattered. Adoree Jackson looked good, Corey Davis looked good. I still think we can take the division.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Pagano said they got their asses kicked by the 49ers. I think he's just practicing for a few weeks in advance.

He is probably suffering from CTE like most of the o-line.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Bill O'Brien is a goddamn idiot.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Titans looked fine against a really good Raiders team, just could not get into the red zone when it mattered. Adoree Jackson looked good, Corey Davis looked good. I still think we can take the division.

we lost therefore we were sit those are the rules

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Titans will win the division and get blown out in the wild card round and I'll be happy with that.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Yeah, it's a bad look to be playing 2 qb's in your opener. The Texans are giving the Browns a run for the money in terms of QB signing incompetence.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Raiders looked good from their new additions, and the Titans had flashes of really cool stuff and then some absolute boners, mainly marked by getting mentally rattled after that bullshit penalty in the 3rd quarter, after which the offense died forever.

I'm not convinced they'll win the division because that... concept is foreign to me after so many years, and I'm convinced that somehow Watson or Bortles is going to have a field day and split the series and then around Week 12 Mariota dies and the Texans take the division because that's just... how it goes.

But if they do make the playoffs, I'll be ecstatic, curbstomped once inside or not.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Neil Armbong posted:

Yeah, it's a bad look to be playing 2 qb's in your opener. The Texans are giving the Browns a run for the money in terms of QB signing incompetence.

The bad look was going in with Savage as your starter

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

purkey posted:

The bad look was going in with Savage as your starter

He legit outplayed Watson in preseason. Preseason Watson looked like straight garbage

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Metapod posted:

we lost therefore we were sit those are the rules

The only thing that was truly poo poo were some of the calls by the refs. Legit 3 or 4 were awful, awful bullshit, and none went the Titans way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

So where do you think we are all at after week 1?

(It's ok to put the Colts 4th)

• Locked thread