Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Anyone got any recommendations for a brain training app? I tried Elevate and that seems pretty cool and the pro version is on sale at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
They're all bullshit.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dugong posted:

Anyone got any recommendations for a brain training app? I tried Elevate and that seems pretty cool and the pro version is on sale at the moment.

That's probably the best on iOS still.

I wish Nintendo would bring Brain Age to iOS. The latest one on 3DS is really really good.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Are there any good apps for recording video on a 6? Googling is just showing me apps for recording screens.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

Are there any good apps for recording video on a 6? Googling is just showing me apps for recording screens.

What are you looking for specifically that the camera app can't do?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Ojjeorago posted:

They're all bullshit.

I just like the games and the short length makes them good for my commute :shrug:

Yeah brain age would be p cool and way better than Mario run

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

EDIT: Figured out it.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 16, 2017

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Dugong posted:

I just like the games and the short length makes them good for my commute :shrug:

Yeah brain age would be p cool and way better than Mario run

I'd go for WarioWare, personally.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Is there an IRC client that doesn't disconnect you when your device goes into standby? I use colloquy but it's annoying how it disconnects in standby unless I'm missing a function or setting.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
[quote="“Housh”" post="“475843596”"]
Is there an IRC client that doesn’t disconnect you when your device goes into standby? I use colloquy but it’s annoying how it disconnects in standby unless I’m missing a function or setting.
[/quote]

Your two options are setting up an external server to act as the primary IRC client (ZNC is what I use) and connect to it instead of directly to your IRC server(s), or IRCCloud which allows for persistence of up to an hour without paying, forever if paid. Or doing something with tmux/mosh shell with a vps/home server. The “external server” has very low needs, could be any old computer that can run linux up to and including a raspberry pi. The former is cheaper even with a VPS and more extensible as I remember IRCloud pricing.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

In TYOOL 2017, just use Discord.

edit: Assuming it's your server that you're trying to run. If you need persistent connection to other's servers, then yeah IRC's a bit poo poo and your best bet is usually a ZNC bouncer.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Thanks! Using IRC Cloud cause I think the free 2 hours might be enough. I'll eventually setup ZNC on my PLEX server and switch to that.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
How do I view my Facebook newsfeed from most recent? It used to be in the settings menu (the three bars, bottom right corner). I can't seem to find it now.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Aggro posted:

How do I view my Facebook newsfeed from most recent? It used to be in the settings menu (the three bars, bottom right corner). I can't seem to find it now.

I believe that's been removed for a long time now. It's there.

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 29, 2017

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Friendly can sort by most recent.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Michael Scott posted:

I believe that's been removed for a long time now.

Nah I just opened the app on mine and since the slight redesign super recently the settings page is super stripped down. I used to have like 50 things I could click (half of which would take me to other apps) and one of them was most recent feed. It has moved about 5 times in the last few years though.

It's so annoying. I guess it must have something to do with saving bandwidth/CPU cycles on their end because it makes no sense to make it so difficult to do.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Michael Scott posted:

I believe that's been removed for a long time now.

Actually, not true.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
I'm an idiot, please disregard! I swear they removed it at one point then brought it back.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Alarm clocks, again. I started using Alarmly, which has math puzzle options for turning off the alarm. Having to actually think a significant amount has really helped me wake up, and it has a wide range of possible math difficulties, but the alarm is instant full volume and we've gotten used to the gradual volume alarms. Does anyone have a recommendation for something that has both?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is there a way to use a date criteria in Overcast's smart playlists? Like if I want a playlist of episodes less than one week old, or more than one month old? Mostly I want to be able to have a list of current/recent episodes and another list of old backlog episodes.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

withak posted:

Is there a way to use a date criteria in Overcast's smart playlists? Like if I want a playlist of episodes less than one week old, or more than one month old? Mostly I want to be able to have a list of current/recent episodes and another list of old backlog episodes.

Hmm, I only see Oldest to Newest/Newest to Oldest globally or by podcast. Nothing granular like that from what I can tell.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:siren: ProTube has been removed from the App Store 👿👿👿 :siren:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

[quote="“Quantum of Phallus”" post="“475994187”"]
:siren: ProTube has been removed from the App Store 👿👿👿 :siren:
[/quote]

http://jonasgessner.com/protube2-statement.html

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RIP

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

*publishes open API, throws tantrum when people make user friendly apps with said api*

If ads are such a big deal, they should have done a better job incorporating them into the streams.

And no matter how hard they try, youtube red is never gonna catch on. People just don't give enough of a poo poo to pay a subscription for minecraft and cat videos.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

xzzy posted:

*publishes open API, throws tantrum when people make user friendly apps with said api*

If ads are such a big deal, they should have done a better job incorporating them into the streams.

And no matter how hard they try, youtube red is never gonna catch on. People just don't give enough of a poo poo to pay a subscription for minecraft and cat videos.

YouTube is pretty much the #1 streaming music site on the web and now one of the big ways around playing music in the background is dead.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

xzzy posted:

YouTube Red is actually pretty great - if you aren't married to a streaming music service, you get a top-tier one included in that price which makes it a killer value.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

IuniusBrutus posted:

YouTube Red is actually pretty great - if you aren't married to a streaming music service, you get a top-tier one included in that price which makes it a killer value.

I know it's great. But lots of great things never hit critical mass and youtube red is one of them.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I'm having a hard time getting photos off of my phone onto my computer (first time). I have iCloud set up, and the computer sees there should be a picture there. But the thumbnail is an exclamation point, and the picture itself is just a circle with a line through it. I've also tried emailing it to myself off of the photos app, and it's not working. Does anyone know what those icons mean in iCloud?

Does Gmail have a file size limit? I was sending the full sized picture because what's 833 kilobytes these days.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Imo use google photo or amazon prime photo.

I know some people have had great luck with iCloud but I never have.

If you had a mac you could air drop it but I'm assuming you are on a PC.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

MarcusSA posted:

Imo use google photo or amazon prime photo.

I know some people have had great luck with iCloud but I never have.

If you had a mac you could air drop it but I'm assuming you are on a PC.

Google Photos for your JPGs. Amazon Prime Photos for your RAWs.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

PhotoSync will upload your photos to a whole slew of services (Dropbox etc and your own file server) both manually and automatically, including serving direct http access to your phone so you can download via a browser on your desktop. And you can geofence it to automatically upload your photos whenever you get home, or whatever.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
Man getting an ipad after years of android is loving rough. Are their any decent keyboards? I've been using swiftkey for years but it doesn't seem to have many features on IOS. Seems like the default IOS keyboard is the only one that can split?

Also lol at apps like tinder with the crazy zoom. Is that a pretty big issue with ipads?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Demon_Corsair posted:

Man getting an ipad after years of android is loving rough. Are their any decent keyboards? I've been using swiftkey for years but it doesn't seem to have many features on IOS. Seems like the default IOS keyboard is the only one that can split?

Also lol at apps like tinder with the crazy zoom. Is that a pretty big issue with ipads?

1. Not really, and yes.
2. It’s not a huge issue, but it’s hilarious which apps only have phone versions and not proper tablet/Pro versions (LinkedIn, I’m looking at you)

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy

Grassy Knowles posted:

2. It’s not a huge issue, but it’s hilarious which apps only have phone versions and not proper tablet/Pro versions (LinkedIn, I’m looking at you)

How does Instagram not even have a crappy iPad app yet?!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It seems like Facebook buy popular apps and then put 0 resources into them. IG and WhatsApp don't look like apps owned by a Billion dollar company.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

bobfather posted:

Google Photos for your JPGs. Amazon Prime Photos for your RAWs.

If you're on the Beta, Google photos now supports HEIC.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

cbirdsong posted:

This still blows my mind.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

cbirdsong posted:

No one remembers how long it took Facebook to put out an iPad app (a year and a half after the iPad was released. 6 months after the iPad 2 was released). And even then, it was still only barely optimized for the iPad screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

IG looks fine on iPhone.

It's insane they don't have an iPad app, though.