Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Colostomy Bag posted:

So where do you think we are all at after week 1?

(It's ok to put the Colts 4th)
Jaguars are in sole possession of of 1st place in the AFCS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Titans are the only ones today that played an actual football team, and they looked good while doing it.

The Titans will have the division won easy. The Jags will fight the Texans for 2nd place but have it in the end, and the Colts will buy those hats with the propellers on them and look really cool in dead last.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans will split with the Colts and Jags and lose the division by one game

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Titans will split with the Colts and Jags and lose the division by one game
To who?!?

edit: fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/907039342404743169

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Sep 11, 2017

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

I guess maybe Deshaun Watson could be the real deal...

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bama

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

The loving Jags, probably.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I mean yeah maybe if the Defense is actually legit and not a one-week-wonder considering the Texan's OL and QB situation. I can loving believe that that stupid football field claimed another ACL. gently caress.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/nfloutsiders/status/906945021659803650

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MY QUARTERBACK

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

He was a statue in the pocket, pulling him was the right call. Every passing play was a sack or int risk. Watson was much more elusive in the pocket.

pubic works project posted:

Was Savage ever anything but a placeholder for Watson? I mean, he was garbage so if he stunk it up, why not pull him.

If a head coach can't figure out who the better QB is after OTA's, training camp and all the other poo poo that goes into an off-season then that is probably not a good head coach. If savage was just a placeholder why even have him be the starting QB in week 1 if his leash is so short that he could be pulled by halftime?

What I am saying is even with savage being legit bad it's a stupid way to run a football team. It was stupid when it was Hoyer/Mallet, and it's stupid now.

b0ng fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Sep 11, 2017

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
I haven't posted in TFF for years but I came back to revel in the glory of our first place Jacksonville Jaguars.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ManMythLegend posted:

I haven't posted in TFF for years but I came back to revel in the glory of our first place Jacksonville Jaguars.
:hfive: brother

I almost gave up in the offseason but I just cant stay away.

p.s. I cant wait to get completely crushed by the Titans next week.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I really thought Robinson was going to be our superstar receiver :/

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

p.s. I cant wait to get completely crushed by the Titans next week.

That which is dead can never die!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Jags will get injured and lose out to I guess the Titans even though the Colts have the easiest schedule but decided to not bother having a QB this year, or defense or offensive line, or head coach.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

purkey posted:

I really thought Robinson was going to be our superstar receiver :/
Same. I wonder what the FO is going to do, with it being his contract year? It is Marqise Lee's contract year as well. I wonder if they just let either or both of them walk if Dede Westbrook shows flashes? I hope they keep one of 'em unless Hurns and Westbrook both really go ham this year, but that seems unlikely.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans really need to beat the Jags Sunday. I can easily see them losing just as much, though.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Same. I wonder what the FO is going to do, with it being his contract year? It is Marqise Lee's contract year as well. I wonder if they just let either or both of them walk if Dede Westbrook shows flashes? I hope they keep one of 'em unless Hurns and Westbrook both really go ham this year, but that seems unlikely.

I can't see them screwing him over that badly given he's our best young talent. Maybe they just give him a one year extension and let him renegotiate off a full year next season?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Titans really need to beat the Jags Sunday. I can easily see them losing just as much, though.
I see the Titans winning because they have a top 3 OL compared to the Duane Brown-less Texan's bottom 3 and I do not think the Jaguar's offense can abuse the Titan's weaknesses on D.

ManMythLegend posted:

I can't see them screwing him over that badly given he's our best young talent. Maybe they just give him a one year extension and let him renegotiate off a full year next season?
True, I'm just not sure with Caughlin up there as the football czar and the impending Salary Cap Hell the team will end up in if it keeps spending like crazy in FA.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

ManMythLegend posted:

That which is dead can never die!

What is dead can never die!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/907228937406648320

Well that's coo-

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/907235126203076608

:tif:

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I really expected it to take longer than week one to reveal the division was living up to or exceeding its reputation.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I don't think it's even possible for a receiver to go ham in this offense. I figure they make an offer to Lee and let Robinson walk, but I don't know poo poo about poo poo

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

purkey posted:

I don't think it's even possible for a receiver to go ham in this offense. I figure they make an offer to Lee and let Robinson walk, but I don't know poo poo about poo poo
Yeah, we will see next week because the Titans Defense is not as good as the Romeo Crennel Texan's defense (though never underestimate the 80 year old Dick LeBeau, I guess?) but their offense is better, especially the Titan's OL. Therefore it could be more of a shootout and Bort may need to air it out a little, but if he does he should have more time and/or the WRs will not be covered as tightly.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Bort airing it out is a terrifying thought :/. But gently caress it, first place you fuckers!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans have 2 good offensive linemen and are refusing to pay one of them

This is going to be a long season. Geno is going to feast on Thursday

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Intruder posted:

The Texans have 2 good offensive linemen and are refusing to pay one of them

This is going to be a long season. Geno is going to feast on Thursday

Hey, hey listen. The Jaguars!

Edit: Also cut Myers

purkey fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Sep 12, 2017

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colts haven't cut Tolzien and he still might start again. If he does, I think the fans might be more hostile to their own team than the visitors this week.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I think the Colts should keep playing Tolzien personally

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Watson named starter vs the Bengals if healthy

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Intruder posted:

Intruder please...I like you. Please refrain from saying things like this. I don't want you to make the list.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

Do you really want the Colts to get a 1 pick again?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Codependent Poster posted:

It's not like the Texans are getting a 1 pick in the 2018 draft.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Oh no, what are they going to do, get another QB they fail to protect and keep healthy

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I just realized/found out that WRs Bryan Walters, Rashad Greene, Dede Westbrook, and now Allen Robinson are all on IR for the Jaguars. Right now they only have Hurns, Lee, Arrelious Benn and undrafted rookie Keelan Cole as WRs on the active roster...

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I just realized/found out that WRs Bryan Walters, Rashad Greene, Dede Westbrook, and now Allen Robinson are all on IR for the Jaguars. Right now they only have Hurns, Lee, Arrelious Benn and undrafted rookie Keelan Cole as WRs on the active roster...

Dede Westbrook is? I missed that one.

In Colts news:

https://twitter.com/mchappell51/status/907660179407286274

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

pubic works project posted:

Dede Westbrook is? I missed that one.
So did I, no idea what happened. Will suck once Benn and Lee go down with their yearly injuries.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Just heard on NFLN when discussing the AFCS:

"Let's not talk about the Colts"

E: I think MJD does a good job on tv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Intruder posted:

Hell, same.

• Locked thread