Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
The slight blurriness of her hand as she's having an existential crisis is a great touch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

2fer. Mana's MVP status will remain, forever

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I can't wait for the realization that Toda's perverted thought images are her own imagination.

She hasn't revealed Toda's thoughts to Mana, correct?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

If I weren't so graciously Lum-ified already I'd totally take Mana in a VR mask as an avatar.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Backfired a bit.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

That last panel is beautiful.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

You know, she could have easily tested the mind-reading thing by having Mana, like, read off numbers or words from a random generator on the internet or something, while she was looking away from Mana.

:shrug:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Sure but teenagers don't make the best decisions normally much less when under pressure.

Also we wouldn't have gotten Mana-VR and that won't do.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Well, if this is seriously the first time she's ever doubted her own mind reading abilities, then it's likely she's never tested them before and doesn't even know where to start.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Well, if this is seriously the first time she's ever doubted her own mind reading abilities, then it's likely she's never tested them before and doesn't even know where to start.

Yeah

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Mana should get her own spinoff where she solves mysteries. :colbert:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I like the implications of her sitting on her back as if she chased after her and actually pounced, which gave me the vivid mental image of David Attenborough narrating the scene in slow-motion: "And here we see the Mana, a fearsom predator, chasing down her subject until she gets close enough to lunge and make a successful capture.."

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

Mana should get her own spinoff where she solves mysteries. :colbert:

Would a detective have their own laboratory? I think not. Mana is a scientist.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Mousou Telepathy getting kind of yuri all of a sudden

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Test psionics and stop wearing a bad shirt in one smooth motion. Mana is very efficient.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The shirt is good, actually.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Is this where they forget about Toda and end up together?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Yo, I'm making a thread for Mousou Telepathy, suggest a thread title please cause I suck at puns.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Yo, I'm making a thread for Mousou Telepathy, suggest a thread title please cause I suck at puns.

Mousou Telepathy: Insufficient Mana

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tarezax posted:

Got it in one.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Tarezax posted:

one and done

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Tarezax posted:

Our work here is done.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Tarezax posted:

The OP's still poo poo though, this was a ploy to buy time, why do you need to ruin everything

EDIT it's up

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Sep 3, 2017

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

SatansBestBuddy posted:

The OP's still poo poo though, this was a ploy to buy time, why do you need to ruin everything

EDIT it's up

gently caress yeah!! Another manga successfully grows up out of the incubator of the SDLM thread!! :):respek::)

I'll add your OP to my OP!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
New sleepy princess

We got the Hot Springs episode.

RIP demon priest. I love when the teddy bears aren't the main focus of the panel, just casually going along with the princess. Almost a little game of finding them.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Huzzah! posted:

New sleepy princess

We got the Hot Springs episode.

RIP demon priest. I love when the teddy bears aren't the main focus of the panel, just casually going along with the princess. Almost a little game of finding them.

It's always super fun to look in the backgrounds of comics like One Piece, Monster Secret, etc. and see the easter eggs. Attention to detail!

I've got two new chapters of ninja Normal Girl Shinobu-Chan!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I think Teasing Master Takagi-san is making more progress than this poor perfectly normal high school girl. :(

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Artificer posted:

I think Teasing Master Takagi-san is making more progress than this poor perfectly normal high school girl. :(

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter of Totally Normal High School Non-Ninja Girl - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Ninja-Shinobu-chan-no-Junjou/Vol-004-Ch-019--It-s-not-complicated?id=383220

:smug: Shinobu is best Shinobu.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

New chapter of Totally Normal High School Non-Ninja Girl - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Ninja-Shinobu-chan-no-Junjou/Vol-004-Ch-019--It-s-not-complicated?id=383220

:smug: Shinobu is best Shinobu.

Pafait. IT'S PARFAIT OH MY GOD YOU GUYS. Did the scanlators never hear of parfaits before?! What the gently caress is a "paffe"?? :supaburn:

EDIT:

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Sep 9, 2017

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

DrSunshine posted:

Pafait. IT'S PARFAIT OH MY GOD YOU GUYS. Did the scanlators never hear of parfaits before?! What the gently caress is a "paffe"?? :supaburn:

That reminds me, I did eventually find my krape thread. I got one with newtele and bananana.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Pavlov posted:

That reminds me, I did eventually find my krape thread. I got one with newtele and bananana.

Noo stop triggering me. :qq:

Pretty sure he's just an ordinary normal high school boy, this boy named Sasuke.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

This is such a solid little series. Even the side characters are getting their time to shine. Does it really end in 14 chapters? Ah well.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Nate RFB posted:

This is such a solid little series. Even the side characters are getting their time to shine. Does it really end in 14 chapters? Ah well.

Why do translators never translate that confused "Ehhh" sound into something someone would actually say in english?

Or are all translators just canadian

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Weebs?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Pavlov posted:

Why do translators never translate that confused "Ehhh" sound into something someone would actually say in english?

Or are all translators just canadian

Um excuse me, I translate, I don't rewrite the author's work. :smugbert:

EDIT: But yeah, it'd be super easy to just make it "Whaaaaaaa?!" Why this never occurs, even in the better translated ones, I have no clue. They must be putting some effort in since they bother to translate and redraw the sound effects too!

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 11, 2017

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
this seems appropriate
https://twitter.com/_Plombo/status/906731883437981696

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Um excuse me, I translate, I don't rewrite the author's work. :smugbert:

EDIT: But yeah, it'd be super easy to just make it "Whaaaaaaa?!" Why this never occurs, even in the better translated ones, I have no clue. They must be putting some effort in since they bother to translate and redraw the sound effects too!

I think the localization of "Eeeeeeeehhh?!" is the dramatic Teen Sigh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I dunno, it may be more of a regional thing. "Ehhhhhh?!" isn't just a Japanese thing, I'm pretty familiar with it in my area.