Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

on DMCA, the DMCA system built into youtube is garbage nonsense so it doesn't really matter what one dev does vs another, because there's no "precedent" really, arbitration is determined by the people who did the DMCA takedown. and 99.99% of it never goes to court

if campo santo did go to court they probably would have an argument about potential damages. it may not fall under copyright infringement though. but, again, the DMCA takedown is garbage nonsense, and Youtube/Google learns the wrong lessons from every single thing that happens and otherwise does nothing, so. i'm not really gonna be mad at campo santo

im kinda mad at them just because they turned 'pewdiepie is a racist' into 'actually, let's discuss the logistics of dmca' but then again nobody was going to care that he was a racist anyway so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Motto posted:

I like when Mario jump on the turtle

Is mario or the turtle racist?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You can't do that

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Nope you can't do that

just try me mothereffer

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's not David Sirlin's Chess 2.0 by David Sirlin, so clearly garbage.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I just preordered YS 8 from Amazon in order to save $10.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Erg posted:

just try me mothereffer

I believe you

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There were some people last month who were like: "Here's my top 10 GotY for this year, two of which are games that I haven't played yet because they haven't been released yet but I'm sure they'll be in my top 10", like cum on

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Andrast posted:

Is mario or the turtle racist?

Paper Mario shows that he had like, two koopa friends, he can't be racist

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

THE BEST GAME COMING OUT THIS MONTH IS YS 8 AND I PREORDERED IT AND AM CURRENTLY PRAYING THAT IRMA DOESN'T KILL ME SO I CAN PLAY YS 8 ON TUESDAY, BECAUSE YS 8 IS NOTED BEST GAME OF THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER 2017

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

chumbler posted:

It's not David Sirlin's Chess 2.0 by David Sirlin, so clearly garbage.
I'm sorry that came out 3 years ago

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

There were some people last month who were like: "Here's my top 10 GotY for this year, two of which are games that I haven't played yet because they haven't been released yet but I'm sure they'll be in my top 10", like cum on
I played chess in early access, its really good. and now its finally going to come out in stepmember 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samus Returns is GotM

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
look at mario

he aint give a gently caress bout no turtle, bitchmade plumber motherfucker

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

a.lo posted:

I believe you

ty

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

corn in the bible posted:

its like ico, not like sotc. so i guess the answer is no unless you also really liked ico

I never played Ico but I heard it was pretty good. I'm gonna add TLG to my list.

Also I forgot to add Vampyr to my list.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

How does Wario feel about the Koopa Troopas and the Goombas? As the anti-Mario, does he fight for them? Does he champion their causes?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Endorph posted:

im kinda mad at them just because they turned 'pewdiepie is a racist' into 'actually, let's discuss the logistics of dmca' but then again nobody was going to care that he was a racist anyway so
i mean i have not seen many good uses of the DMCA takedown so I dunno what would qualify. I do know that let's plays are generally not taken to court, and that every fair use case is unique and may come down to the judge you get, so there's not even really a baseline

mostly the only time i see the DMCA come up in the news is when it's abused

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Raxivace posted:

How does Wario feel about the Koopa Troopas and the Goombas? As the anti-Mario, does he fight for them? Does he champion their causes?

no, wario is anti-mario in that he is ancap and mario is monarchist

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Erg posted:

THE BEST GAME COMING OUT THIS MONTH IS YS 8 AND I PREORDERED IT AND AM CURRENTLY PRAYING THAT IRMA DOESN'T KILL ME SO I CAN PLAY YS 8 ON TUESDAY, BECAUSE YS 8 IS NOTED BEST GAME OF THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER 2017

I also hope you don't die from a hurricane.

I was looking at fidget cubes on Amazon and I couldn't figure out what was a decent one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raxivace posted:

he exploits them for labor in his microgames factories

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Raxivace posted:

I think that as long as Koopas and Goonbas can help him get mo money, then he will enlist their help because Wario is all about the scrilla

^^^^^Case in point^^^^^

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

littleorv posted:

I was looking at fidget cubes on Amazon and I couldn't figure out what was a decent one.

that's cool

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

no, wario is anti-mario in that he is ancap and mario is monarchist

Waluigi is definitely woke though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My game of the month is Splatoon 2 again. Ys VIII is cool though and I hope Samus Returns is good!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

a.lo posted:

that's cool

Your name is familiar

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Endorph posted:

i would have called that post out if i saw it, so either i didnt see it or i forgot to. regardless, i do not think you should do that thing, and that was a bad post for that person to make

uh-huh

Endorph posted:

like 80% of your wife's posts were about an underage succubus girl from an anime nobody watched, which is why i made fun of you

Oh gently caress off. How dare you try dragging her into this when she never did anything to you and then try to use that as fuel against me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Nope you can't do that

Can I say it bc I played it a year ago

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quest For Glory II posted:

i mean i have not seen many good uses of the DMCA takedown so I dunno what would qualify. I do know that let's plays are generally not taken to court, and that every fair use case is unique and may come down to the judge you get, so there's not even really a baseline

mostly the only time i see the DMCA come up in the news is when it's abused

There's a psycho person named Alex Mauer who is being taken to court for their abuse of DMCA on YouTube with regards to them mass flagging tons of Let's Plays and the developers stuff. They were served a Cease & Desist by the developers, who that person also threatened to kill (along with YouTubers who were making videos talking about the situation).

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

he exploits them for labor in his microgames factories

wtf makes you think wario would pay money to build factories

wario is incapable of exploiting koopas for labor cause he's busy freeloading labor off of his neighbors

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My GotM: your mom

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

uh-huh

Oh gently caress off. How dare you try dragging her into this when she never did anything to you and then try to use that as fuel against me.
dude im not dragging her into anything, your wife's fine and you're fine. i don't have any five year plan against you and i have like, no negative thoughts about you whatsoever. i cant drag your wife into anything because there's literally nothing here. i can barely even remember posts you've made in the past or posts ive made in response. i just make fun of random posters in the dreaded Anime Chat Thread because random jerking around is 60% of that thread's body.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hot take: you're a mentally damaged person for dragging someone's wife and what they do into a thread about video games.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Unfunny Poster posted:

There's a psycho person named Alex Mauer who is being taken to court for their abuse of DMCA on YouTube with regards to them mass flagging tons of Let's Plays and the developers stuff. They were served a Cease & Desist by the developers, who that person also threatened to kill (along with YouTubers who were making videos talking about the situation).
Yeah I know of that. Alex used to be a cool chiptune musician and I hope they get help.

Basically the DMCA/ContentID system was a bad solution to a problem because Google didn't know how to solve said problem with actual manpower/manhours, and the current demonetization scraper is the same exact thing

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

GotM is Battlefield 1 cuz I unlocked the weird sawed-off mosin-nagant and I killed like 5 people with it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

Hot take: you're a mentally damaged person for dragging someone's wife and what they do into a thread about video games.
dragged her into what???

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Endorph posted:

dragged her into what???

Do gently caress off please.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

hey guys 9/11 is old enough to gently caress this year

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Do gently caress off please.

don't make me have conflicting thoughts about this, jojo friend

Adbot