Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
and another chapter! http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-101-001--Untitled?id=383402

just play this on a loop while reading this chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK5Sn-hGZ7M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Good.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
thank god this was rapidly approaching Mega Bummer Status

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
So Helk's hair is darker now? It never properly gave the impression that it was blue, but now that it's darker I have no idea again.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 10, 2017

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
It turns out Helck was quite literally about the friends he made along the way.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

You know, Helck is one of those stories where 90% of the time, the heroes are the ones with all the cards and who overwhelm the enemy, but it's still great. I know they're generally pulling stuff out of their asses, and they keep reminding us that the main demon force is off fighting the significantly more powerful and dangerous NWOs over there in somewhere-else-land. I know this human incursion is really just something they're sort of dealing with, something that could overwhelm them if left unchecked, but still relatively possible to hold off right now. There's really not much tension in that.

It's still great, though, because all of that somehow feels right for this story.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Helck has revealed that to him, the Will of the World is merely a Devil Trigger and can easily be turned off upon sufficient twig thumping. We see that Pwii's power does not diminish so much as flip off completely once the notes stop coming. Things are looking up. However, I am still left with one question.

Where did Cless go?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Or Rafaed for that matter.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Helck has revealed that to him, the Will of the World is merely a Devil Trigger and can easily be turned off upon sufficient twig thumping. We see that Pwii's power does not diminish so much as flip off completely once the notes stop coming. Things are looking up. However, I am still left with one question.

Where did Cless go?

He got teleported. Maybe he will get his own Piwi.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodyle posted:

He left hours ago, I'm less concerned about him. He peaced out real quick.

Lurking Haro posted:

He got teleported. Maybe he will get his own Piwi.

Oh, totally forgot about that. Neat. I hope we get to see him do Helck's journey all over again in a different place and meet the other 2 Kings.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Cless will repeat Helck's arc but with the demon emperor in place of Vamirio. Just a twenty foot tall dragon claiming to be John from HR.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Will the dragon also be tsundere tho?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

Impossible. Cless is far too pretty for tsunderes to exist.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Mr. Lobe posted:

The dragon will be incredibly light-hearted and relaxed, playing the foil to Cless' noble and tense personality.

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
i randomly clicked this thread earlier today and I'm a little over 20 chapters in (I haven't read manga for years years years), this manga is chill and good and funny and cute. I am happier than before clicking on thread.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Rushi posted:

i randomly clicked this thread earlier today and I'm a little over 20 chapters in (I haven't read manga for years years years), this manga is chill and good and funny and cute. I am happier than before clicking on thread.

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
oh hello c:

i am almost caught up this is a fun relaxing read for me

i know i am lame and jaded and its weird that this sticks out to me but, i like that its about cute demongirls/demonpeople and not forcing pervy fanservice nonstop...or am I crazy or is has it not really been at all? i like all the tiny animals and funny demonpeople. i just feel like i'm on a gentle balance of fist of the north star back and forth with animal crossing and i finally feel alive

edit: oh my i just got to the part with the cute little 4 panel comics

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Rodyle posted:

he better not show back up to gently caress things up again. this arc needs to come to an end

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
oh no the binge ends D:"

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Rushi posted:

oh no the binge ends D:"

It was a good time though, I'm sure!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rushi posted:

oh hello c:

i am almost caught up this is a fun relaxing read for me

i know i am lame and jaded and its weird that this sticks out to me but, i like that its about cute demongirls/demonpeople and not forcing pervy fanservice nonstop...or am I crazy or is has it not really been at all?

Did you notice how throughout the adventure Anne had all those hot springs episodes Vamirio was never in danger that necessitated Helck to rush in to save her and was able to handle most every obstacle put in her way on her own?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

RareAcumen posted:

Did you notice how throughout the adventure Anne had all those hot springs episodes Vamirio was never in danger that necessitated Helck to rush in to save her and was able to handle most every obstacle put in her way on her own?

It's charming and innocent and I love it. A goddamn fresh breath of air.

If helck didn't end on the power of friendship i would become a one man riot

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

If helck didn't end on the power of piuy i would become a one man riot

Fixed.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I do love that Vamirio isn't getting damseled. In fact I really enjoy that they kind of show that Helck and Vamirio have different strengths, because Helck is stupidly fuckoff strong, but Vamirio is a walking nuke that just casually sets the planet on fire. Actually I enjoy how all the characters get to be cool in different ways. Spy girl whose name escapes me I just assumed was going to get in trouble and, to be fair, she does, but she also gets herself out. It's all good.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Asuta is cool and so is her sister, Isuta.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
humans that are not cool: most of them, really
demons that are not cool: YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

humans that are not cool: most of them, really
demons that are not cool: YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

Anne (from Management) isn't cool, cos she's all about making things really hot (by setting them on fire).

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 11, 2017

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Rushi posted:

i know i am lame and jaded and its weird that this sticks out to me but, i like that its about cute demongirls/demonpeople and not forcing pervy fanservice nonstop...or am I crazy or is has it not really been at all? i like all the tiny animals and funny demonpeople. i just feel like i'm on a gentle balance of fist of the north star back and forth with animal crossing and i finally feel alive

No, I agree, this is refreshingly light on fanservice. It holds up pretty well on a second read too... actually some of the sillier parts play better that way.

I still think it drags in the later chapters a bit but, all told, good epic manga.

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

It was a good time though, I'm sure!

i'm so happy to have something to read every...whatever the release schedule is, at least :,)

RareAcumen posted:

^^^^^

Also I was just under constant fear it'd become demon girl harem because knights of cydonia broke me.

Agronox posted:

No, I agree, this is refreshingly light on fanservice. It holds up pretty well on a second read too... actually some of the sillier parts play better that way.

I still think it drags in the later chapters a bit but, all told, good epic manga.

Agreed! I think it helps keep the sillier parts cute n' fresh~

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

Rushi posted:

Also I was just under constant fear it'd become demon girl harem because knights of cydonia broke me.

While i really like that it didn't happen in Helck i also can't be mad at Knights of Sidonia because of how ludicrous the harem was.

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

Bistromatic posted:

While i really like that it didn't happen in Helck i also can't be mad at Knights of Sidonia because of how ludicrous the harem was.

I watched it based on a review Hideo Kojima gave when just S1 was out and was really into it and then had trust issues as I could of never expected it or the direction it went but oh man did I watch it.

psst how often do issues of Helck come out? c:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Bistromatic posted:

It's hard to get mad at a harem where the MC only really has eyes for the one girl who is also a mech and a giant tentacle.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Did Knights of Sidonia's anime fully cover the manga? If so, how amazingly did it cover the romance between a boy and his giant robot/tentacle girlfriend, because it was absolutely amazing in the manga and I will forever respect KoS for actually going for it :allears:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The anime doesn't fully cover the manga but I think it's still worth a watch. And yeah, I'm the same way about that romance. He tried so much interesting and genuinely scifi stuff in that manga--it'll always have a special place in my heart. And yeah, the anime did a good job with what of the romance they were able to cover.

So I just burned through Helck after keeping it on the backburner for a while. Kind of wishing I'd waited another few months, you know? But still better than picking up just a bit earlier, at least, since the latest chapter's such a hopeful moment.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Asuta is cool and so is her sister, Isuta.

The one reading manga to the other telepathically long distance was the most endearing thing. For that alone, they're among my favorite characters.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-101-002--Untitled--002-?id=384490

I felt like it was getting a bit word salad-ey but then ~the twist~ happened and it turned into the good ol' Helck I remembered. :allears:

~healing!~

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the humans are going to put the blob king in a jar for safekeeping

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
There was some high level magical calculus going on there but they kind of forgot to carry the one at the beginning there. I wonder what Azudora meant about going berserk, though.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Ahhhh, nothing but a nice dose of "Get hosed, Mikaros!" to start the day with. :allears:

And I'm a little confused. So Cless let himself be taken into hyperspace willingly, so he could kill the humans so they'll resurrect, right? But how did he know that the King is still alive to resurrect them?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Coffee Mugshot posted:

There was some high level magical calculus going on there but they kind of forgot to carry the one at the beginning there. I wonder what Azudora meant about going berserk, though.

Using the Will of the World to power himself up, I imagine.

amigolupus posted:

Ahhhh, nothing but a nice dose of "Get hosed, Mikaros!" to start the day with. :allears:

And I'm a little confused. So Cless let himself be taken into hyperspace willingly, so he could kill the humans so they'll resurrect, right? But how did he know that the King is still alive to resurrect them?

Oooh, I thought him killing everyone was ruining Team Helck's plans

edit: I'm really bad at bbcode

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

amigolupus posted:

Plot twist: he didn't!

• Locked thread