Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

homeless snail posted:

hey guys 9/11 is old enough to gently caress this year

*starts counting on fingers

I don't think that's correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Septembro halation

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

homeless snail posted:

9 and 11 year olds?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

Yeah I know of that. Alex used to be a cool chiptune musician and I hope they get help.

Basically the DMCA/ContentID system was a bad solution to a problem because Google didn't know how to solve said problem with actual manpower/manhours, and the current demonetization scraper is the same exact thing

It's just google wanting to save money by not hiring actual people to do the work.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

what i'm gathering from this is that it is time you shall be banned for your filth

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Europeans...

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Andrast posted:

It's just google wanting to save money by not hiring actual people to do the work.

ah, the valve model

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Please don't gently caress underage terrorisms

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oops haha I mean I'd never gently caress 9/11

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quest For Glory II posted:

Yeah I know of that. Alex used to be a cool chiptune musician and I hope they get help.

Basically the DMCA/ContentID system was a bad solution to a problem because Google didn't know how to solve said problem with actual manpower/manhours, and the current demonetization scraper is the same exact thing

I think she should be sued heavily by both developer studios she abused the DMCA system (the legal one, not YouTube's ContentID/Copyright thing) with. Then she can go get the mental health she needs, because nothing she did gave any implication of a lack of mental coherence.

Re: DMCA, it was a good solution to the problem at first but they allowed so much flagrant abuse of it by people and so little protection for the YouTube content creators it has gotten stupidly one-sided. The fact you have to give your own personal information to defend yourself, but the person filing the claim doesn't have their legal contact info shared with the defendant is dumb. Also the whole part where stuff that isn't even remotely controversial gets demonetized for being "Advertiser unfriendly" based off Google's poo poo algorithm is equally dumb and bad and Google should probably not be so dumb or bad.

Endorph posted:

dragged her into what???

:thinking:

Endorph posted:

like 80% of your wife's posts were about an underage succubus girl from an anime nobody watched, which is why i made fun of you

Thanks for showing you're a mentally unstable person who lacks all self awareness.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Someone brought to my attention that Paul Rudd will eventually star in a rom com opposite a woman who hasn't been born yet

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This taxi driver sounds awfully like Kiryu...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Endorph posted:

dude im not dragging her into anything, your wife's fine and you're fine. i don't have any five year plan against you and i have like, no negative thoughts about you whatsoever.

What's this then

quote:

like 80% of your wife's posts were about an underage succubus girl from an anime nobody watched, which is why i made fun of you

I'd have more respect for you if you'd just come out and say that you wanted to bully me because that's what you wanted to do instead of trying to cover your rear end like "oh it's all fun and games, nobody was getting hurt" even when I was the resident punching bag for so many people and any time I dared speak up about anything I'd get poo poo on for it, even if it was something other people got away with no problem. All my life I've had to put up with bullshit like this where people just keep going "oh no it was all just a joke I don't have anything against you" as if that suddenly makes it all okay, as if it undoes whatever harm they've already done. You stand up and talk about how awful it must be for someone to receive so many private messages and public messages calling for someone's death and then tell me that you were only making fun of me because of my SO and that everything is fine and there's nothing wrong when I see dozens of posts public or private talking about how much of a fuckhead I am and that people think I should go kill myself and that they're glad I'm dead or wished I was dead or are glad I'm gone and that nobody ever liked me and people were only just tolerating me and that it is me who is weird for trying to stand up for himself, all because bullying on the internet isn't real, it's not a real thing that anybody has to put up with ever, it isn't like it has any lasting harm when you talk about how you hate someone so much you'd pay them to go away even though it's all fine and nothing is wrong.

Just gently caress off with that poo poo. Fuckin hell.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm not reading that

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I did

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Where's the receipts

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

I'm not reading that

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Go figure Zaphod was the good guy all along and not a mentally unhinged weirdo named Endorph.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Meet n gently caress columbine

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

Go figure Zaphod was the good guy all along and not a mentally unhinged weirdo named Endorph.

this is a weird take to have

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fine: making fun of posting
not fine: telling someone to kill themsevles

things ive done: make fun of your posting
things ive not done: told you to kill yourself

things im fine with: that other people have called you kind of a lame poster
things i do not approve of: that other people have told you to kill yourself

youre right tho i could have worded that post better, plus bringing your wife up unprompted was weird. for real dude, i don't hate you. like seriously, i don't. literally the only negative thought i have on you is that you're kind of a hypocrite about some things and like, i totally am that also. this isn't me covering my rear end or anything i seriously haven't even thought about you in ages since we stopped posting in the same circles. i didnt enact some masterplan to run you out of the anime forum or anything. i make fun of every other poster in that subforum. if you think ive ever done anything uncalled for then i apologize for that, but I seriously just want you to understand that I don't really care about you at all because you seem to be dedicating a lot of thought to the idea that I'm somehow arrayed against you, which just isn't true.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 11, 2017

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

homeless snail posted:

I'm not reading that

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

everyone just chill and get tricky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkh4OYRYzXY

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

is 9/11 hot?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Butt Ghost posted:

is 9/11 hot?
on the advice of my lawyer I will say it is not hot enough to melt steel beams

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

homeless snail posted:

I'm not reading that

Boy I'm glad you guys are here to specifically say you didn't read an honest recount from someone who has been frequently bullied. You sure are cool people who would rather look the other way.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Someone brought to my attention that Paul Rudd will eventually star in a rom com opposite a woman who hasn't been born yet

Pretty sure that has already happened numerous times with other actors, though I can't recall any names off the top of my head.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

homeless snail posted:

on the advice of my lawyer I will say it is not hot enough to melt steel beams

lol

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Was mario sunshine out yet when those two towers came down

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

chumbler posted:

Pretty sure that has already happened numerous times with other actors, though I can't recall any names off the top of my head.

i don't think any actor has appeared with someone who hasn't been born yet

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aurora posted:

this is a weird take to have

I mean, watching someone go "blah blah blah your wife blah blah blah" and then turn around and say "WHAT DO YOU MEAN??? I NEVER MENTIONED HIS WIFE!!!" kind of implies they lack of mental clarity or are capable of owning up to what they did not an hour prior.

Zaphod at least stuck to his guns even when said deranged person started calling him a neo-nazi for no real reason other than they are mental unstable, which is shown by how they jumped into dragging a dudes wife into a discussion needlessly like a loving idiot.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a.lo posted:

sunshine came out in august 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

I mean, watching someone go "blah blah blah your wife blah blah blah" and then turn around and say "WHAT DO YOU MEAN??? I NEVER MENTIONED HIS WIFE!!!" kind of implies they lack of mental clarity or are capable of owning up to what they did not an hour prior.

Zaphod at least stuck to his guns even when said deranged person started calling him a neo-nazi for no real reason other than they are mental unstable, which is shown by how they jumped into dragging a dudes wife into a discussion needlessly like a loving idiot.
idk if you're gonna buy this but his wife was an active poster in the same threads he and i were posting together in at the same time he was and they posted together on a lot of the same things, it isn't like i doxxed his wife or anything she was just kind of part of his Forums Identity and viceversa. you're right that it was a weird thing to bring up tho.

also my point wasn't 'i never mentioned her' but rather that there's nothing to drag her into.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

why does cold steel include achievements for getting every chest. they exist only to torture me hwen they dont trigger

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sometimes this thread feels like it's in e/n instead of games

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

a.lo posted:

No, but Melee came out in Japan two months afterwards. Coincidence???

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ugh Yakuza 5 starts off with inverted horizontal whyyyy

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i want to steer the thread in any other direction so i'll say that i watched several episodes of ok ko and really enjoyed it and also watched the first season and a half of bojack horseman and i'm still a little undecided on it (i wish the characters would surprise me more)

i also watched stranger things for the first time and it was neat even though hopper was like, too perfect, but i was willing to overlook that since it was nice to have a character like that who wasn't an idiot

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"It's OK I brought up this other dudes wife pointlessly, it's because he's a hypocrite and that justifies my action. I really don't hate him or mean anything malicious by it, I swear"

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

a.lo posted:

paper mario was out, because that was what I was playing when we were waiting for them to let people back on the airport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Stexils posted:

why does cold steel include achievements for getting every chest. they exist only to torture me hwen they dont trigger

i got owned when the direction i headed at the end of chapter 3 turned out to be the opposite direction of chests

• Locked thread