Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

it is good, but i tried some of the world 2 challenges after finishing that bit of the story and they really stomped my poo poo. it doesn't feel good :(

i think the challenges are meant to be done a bit later than you unlock them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Metroid is a bad series

i like it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
metroid rules

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

3d world felt kind of soulless, but it's one of my favorite platformers because cat toad felt really good

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I only like two games out of like six that I've played, but I really really love those two games. I am so conflicted, I'm not happy at all

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

3D Land and World were both good

I actually didn't like 3D Land that much and I can't really articulate why. I say this with full knowledge that it is one of the few games I've 100%d

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

Metroid is a bad series

You have bad opinions

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I like metroid, but I like the games it inspired more, generally

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Raxivace posted:

Anyways we all know the best Metroid game is Prime Pinball.

I saw a top ten metroid game list once when there were only 11 metroid games and they put other m at number 10 instead of prime pinball because "prime pinball is the better game but it doesn't count because it is pinball."

Wtf is that poo poo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
2d mario has never appealed to me that much so 3d world and land being designed as 2d mario put into 3d has never been a big draw to me

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

gently caress it, everyone else is getting into a dumb slap fight at least mine is going to be about videogames.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Butt Ghost posted:

I like metroid, but I like the games it inspired more, generally

None of the games it inspired have been close to being as good

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I like the boss fights in Metroid, but the actual exploration doesn't do nearly as much for me.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quest For Glory II posted:

it's a cartoon network studios cartoon but it does have sweet anime references in it

The Colonel posted:

it's a western cartoon

actually the opening is animated by a japanese animator so maybe that counts idk

All anime is haram.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i've been playing quake 2 and i'd like to say that quake 2 is a fun fps game

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Sakurazuka posted:

None of the games it inspired have been close to being as good

o ya well ur significant other likes bad anime

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm cautiously optimistic about Samus Returns because I played Mirror of Fate.

Though tbh I hate that one the least of all 3 Lords of Shadow games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wish :(

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Unfunny Poster posted:

All anime is good.

:yeah:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Apparently American McGee wants to do an Alice 3 per some headline I saw get retweeted.

That'd be cool because I enjoyed both the Alice games he made. I even enjoyed the Red Riding Hood Diablo-clone he did as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akaneiro:_Demon_Hunters

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Super Metroid was my first Metroid game. It's also the most perfect game in the world

I played Prime next. It's okay but I'll never play it ever again.

Then I played Fusion. The story and narration and computer dude were all dumb and I didn't enjoy myself

Zero Mission was real cool

I played Prime 2. I don't remember much about it, I'll amend that some day.

I rented Other M before I knew about its eventual reputation. I hate Metroid now

That's me. That's what my life is like. Take it or leave it

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I'm more of a fan of sword metroids. I love SotN and Aria. Rabi Ribi and Hollow Knight are both really good and introduce neat mechanics. And while Momodora IV is kind of simple, it's one of my favorite steam games because of how good it feels (also it's really pretty)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hey!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

o ya well ur significant other likes bad anime

drat we have to stop her from watching Bleach

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I saw a top ten metroid game list once when there were only 11 metroid games and they put other m at number 10 instead of prime pinball because "prime pinball is the better game but it doesn't count because it is pinball."

Wtf is that poo poo

weird but true. personally i would just not acknowledge the pinball game or make my list 9 entries rather than give other m any recognition though.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Unfunny Poster posted:

All anime is haram.
anime is bad, but 2 year old anime chat thread drama that's my poo poo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I am glad Bayo1 and Vanquish are coming to PS4 but also sad they didn't come to Switch first. Platinum, please

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Unfunny Poster posted:

Apparently American McGee wants to do an Alice 3 per some headline I saw get retweeted.

That'd be cool because I enjoyed both the Alice games he made. I even enjoyed the Red Riding Hood Diablo-clone he did as well.

He's been trying to get that kickstarted for years but it always misses funding

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sometimes i feel like the only person who likes baby ridley

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You are

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Raxivace posted:

I like the boss fights in Metroid, but the actual exploration doesn't do nearly as much for me.

That's super interesting to me. I'm the exact opposite.

I might enjoy the boss fights more, but Samus never really had a good way to dodge attacks.

Have you ever played AM2R? That should turn you off Metroid boss fights forever.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Anime is good, is older than anyone posting here, and will outlive all of us.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

dogsicle posted:

sometimes i feel like the only person who likes baby ridley

killer furby ridley was the best part of Other M, maybe the only good part besides the surprise Phantoon battle

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

homeless snail posted:

anime is bad, but 2 year old anime chat thread drama that's my poo poo

loving awful dude, wait until its 18

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

though I think part of the reason I'm not as hot on metroid isn't because of the shooting, but because the setting doesn't really appeal to me. it's just like a bunch of different colored caves systems to me.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sakurazuka posted:

He's been trying to get that kickstarted for years but it always misses funding

It's to the point where he's actually going to EA with pitches and artwork and stuff for the actual game, rather than make it on his own since EA own the IP.

I may go back and play Alice 2 at some point when my list of games to play has reached zero.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Raxivace posted:

I plan to live forever, along with anime.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

Have you ever played AM2R? That should turn you off Metroid boss fights forever.
I have not- I thought about it until Samus Returns was announced so I'll just play that instead.

I wouldn't even disagree that Metroid fights don't have significant flaws, but I dunno I just like shooting the monsters fast.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Raxivace posted:

how can someone who has never existed truly know what it means to live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Baby Ridley for Mario Kart 9.

• Locked thread