Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

i could have done without the personal foul in the particular situation he did it in but then he won the game like 3 plays later so all is forgiven

The personal foul is exactly why I love him, it's great to have a player who will actively stick up for Rodgers now that Sitton and Lang are gone. Between Bennett and Daniels the team has a lot of fire to it on both sides of the ball.

Sure it's silly and stupid but wow it's fantastic seeing a Packer step in to protect his teammates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Dexo posted:

Glennon looked fine most of the game.

All he was asked to do is not turn the ball over, and play conservative. When he was asked to actually pass it in the late drives he was able to do so and keep moving the chains. Also The gently caress I'm throwing to any of those receiving options unless I have absolutely no choice to but to do so.

Cohen? Howard? Ya'll are gonna be our entire offense I guess.

The Bears only chance at winning is going to be playing games like this. Heavy RB feature, with some TE catches, while milking as much clock as humanly possible.

We currently have negative Wide receiving options on the team.

The offense definitely looked the best when it was heavy run mixed in with play action when that worked it looked great. Half of glennons targets were to TEs/RBs which might've been the game plan... but how much of that was because the Bears WR suck (given) and how much of that was fear that Glennon would toss an INT?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

adaz posted:

The offense definitely looked the best when it was heavy run mixed in with play action when that worked it looked great. Half of glennons targets were to TEs/RBs which might've been the game plan... but how much of that was because the Bears WR suck (given) and how much of that was fear that Glennon would toss an INT?

Gonna go ahead and go with the sucky recievers meaning any passes that Glennon throws have to be drat near perfect or else it's an int because not a single loving reciever can get any separation.

Edit: Don't get me wrong I don't think Glennon is good or anything, and Trubs should be starting, but man, at least when the Bears had Devin Hester as WR1 he could run himself open and get separation. Might not be the right route, he might drop it, but he'd be able to separate.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 11, 2017

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Dexo posted:

Gonna go ahead and go with the sucky recievers meaning any passes that Glennon throws have to be drat near perfect or else it's an int because not a single loving reciever can get any separation.

Edit: Don't get me wrong I don't think Glennon is good or anything, and Trubs should be starting, but man, at least when the Bears had Devin Hester as WR1 he could run himself open and get separation. Might not be the right route, he might drop it, but he'd be able to separate.

Glennon played well enough to keep mitch on the bench for better or for worse. Not just Hester, Ashlon too although he was too injured to be that effective consistently and he seemed to pass that mantle down to Kevin White.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

adaz posted:

Glennon played well enough to keep mitch on the bench for better or for worse. Not just Hester, Ashlon too although he was too injured to be that effective consistently and he seemed to pass that mantle down to Kevin White.

Alshon got separation through his body and jumping ability. He's able to actually box out a receiver and create openings.

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!
At this point I'd put Sanchez out there to throw at whatever practice squad guys the Bears can find to play WR before Trubisky. No sense risking an injury.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Which is the worst rivalry in the division, Lions-Vikings or Bears-Vikings?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Honestly, from what I saw, I think Glennon did ok. Nothing spectacular, but his receivers literally and figuratively dropped the ball at the end.

I'll take a Bears loss though anyway.

Shangri-Law School posted:

Bears-Vikings, in terms of sheer suck shared.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Why is Lions-Bears not an option? They've produced some of the most truly putrid games I've ever watched and the only notable moment I can think of in recent memory is Calvin Johnson getting jobbed on the definition of a catch

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Why is Lions-Bears not an option? They've produced some of the most truly putrid games I've ever watched and the only notable moment I can think of in recent memory is Calvin Johnson getting jobbed on the definition of a catch

Chicago-Detroit hate is at least kind of a thing.

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Lions-Packers is the lamest

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
It's Vikings/anyone

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

It's Lions-Vikings.

The Packers have somewhat of a rivalry with everyone else, with the Lions being their weakest. The Lions also share Michigan with the Packers, with the UP as Packers country and most of the Lower Peninsula rooting for the Lions.

The Bears typically get some Detroit-Chicago and Minnesota-Chicago hate.

The Lions have no real reason to care about the Vikings. It's never been a rivalry from close cities, or from two teams that were both good at the same time. And, the reaction to getting the Vikings for Thanksgiving (twice) was considerably muted than when Green Bay or Chicago came for Thanksgiving.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

It's always been a "Fuuuuuck the pack" for me. Plain ole "gently caress the bears " cause Cutler seemed to BS a win every season but he's gone and that teams the new Lions. The Lions themselves are like the youngest brother, used to be tiny and cute, then hit puberty a few years back and got taller than you. Then they got into anime once Suh and Megatron left so you're not really threatened by them

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Sep 11, 2017

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Sure it's silly and stupid but wow it's fantastic seeing a Packer step in to protect his teammates.

Up-ending a defensive player for a potentially late hit is good as hell and builds team rapport, imo

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
The point is that everyone hates the Packers, the St. Louis Cardinals of football

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

It's Vikings/anyone

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yaws posted:

Aaron Rodgers has the most punchable face in sports. You just look at the guy and your gut reaction is just to lay him out. He can't help but look smug.

Aaron Rodgers has alienated every family member and friend in his life, except Clay Mathews.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lions-Vikings is not a rivalry. Hell, most fans would probably feel like our game tonight is a bigger rivalry for 2009 alone. At best the Lions are fourth, behind (in order) the Packers, the Bears, and Success.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Sep 11, 2017

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Yeah, while I hate the Packers and enjoy reveling in the Bears' misery, the Vikings are just sort of... there :geno:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Aaron Rodgers is beloved by the entire nation of Canada for humiliating dollar-store-knockoff-Trump Kevin O'Leary on Jeopardy.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

That's pretty good, but he's no Andy Richter.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Mike_Daniels76/status/907070754340130818

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:allears:

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BGrifter posted:

Aaron Rodgers is beloved by the entire nation of Canada for humiliating dollar-store-knockoff-Trump Kevin O'Leary on Jeopardy.

Haha I didn't know about this. His smug face is perfect in the picture.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

That's pretty good, but he's no Andy Richter.

I think the more interesting part of that is Wolf.

Poor ol dumb Wolf

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/MACHE275/status/907291405697110017

if he actually gets away with those cleats tonight Diggs will be my new favorite player

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

adaz posted:

Yeah, honestly I was expecting a much much worse performance by Glennon. He wasn't amazing by any stretch, but he was serviceable and made some good throws.

It was an ugly game for Atlanta. Uglier than I would have hoped, but for Week 1, @ Solider Field which is like an ancient indian burial ground for Atlanta, I guess I will take it. Bears front 7 are legit.

Cohen looks like an absolute stud, what an impressive performance. Sucks about White, sorry to hear that Chicagoons. Looks like next year is the last year of his contract, do you think they keep him around simply because he was a high pick or do you think they cut ties?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

IcePhoenix posted:

https://twitter.com/MACHE275/status/907291405697110017

if he actually gets away with those cleats tonight Diggs will be my new favorite player

On one hand, gently caress Randy Moss.

On the other, he makes olds cry so whatever.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
You cut ties with White. The dude came out of college as a raw physical specimen that needed time to develop and mature. After three injury destroyed seasons, the dude has not had time to develop and mature, as well most assuredly losing that raw physical talent. From what little pre-season I watched the dude couldn't get any separation from the DB covering him.

The dude's career is toast.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

fishing with the fam posted:

You cut ties with White. The dude came out of college as a raw physical specimen that needed time to develop and mature. After three injury destroyed seasons, the dude has not had time to develop and mature, as well most assuredly losing that raw physical talent. From what little pre-season I watched the dude couldn't get any separation from the DB covering him.

The dude's career is toast.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/01/bears-trying-to-remind-kevin-white-he-was-once-good-at-football/

Note: not the onion.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

That was the WR coach lying his rear end off to seem more important.

Everyone was watching their old tape. Cruz watching old Giants stuff, Wright was watching old titans stuff etc etc.

It's way less funny but yeah.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

I remember reading that and thinking "how depressing". I feel awful for the kid.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Dexo posted:

Glennon looked fine most of the game.

All he was asked to do is not turn the ball over, and play conservative. When he was asked to actually pass it in the late drives he was able to do so and keep moving the chains. Also The gently caress I'm throwing to any of those receiving options unless I have absolutely no choice to but to do so.

He finished the first half with like...40 yards passing. If you can't ask him to do more than that then sit his rear end down.

quote:

Cohen? Howard? Ya'll are gonna be our entire offense I guess.

It might have actually worked had Glennon not been late on his throw for 2nd and goal. The Bellamy pass was pretty good, 3rd down was awful, 4th down he failed to step up and lost the game. Dude cannot move at all in the pocket, and if the offense ever gets behind in the sticks he's only capable of getting Tarik Cohen killed for a 3 yard gain.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/DrewMahowald/status/907677153092923393

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
The throw is obviously impressive but I'm also marveled by Wright catching it. Like, how the hell did he track that ball coming in?

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

This is exactly the type of Vikings poo poo that gets you excited about the season before finding new and creative ways of sending your hope spiraling into oblivion

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bradford was absolutely on fire that game. Saints defense and all, but he was making some really really nice throws. Teddy is not getting his job back.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
he'll get his job back next time Bradford shatters into a million pieces, which will be in approximately 3 games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
keep dreaming, bub !!! the Vikings paid top dollar to questionable tackle talent this offseason to make sure he stays healthy. everything's going to be a-okay for ol' Sammy.

• Locked thread