Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Count Bleck posted:

She's so tiny and adorable :3:

there's also a dude who is definitely not just a lalafell red mage

his name is literally Vermeil lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Countblanc posted:

there's also a dude who is definitely not just a lalafell red mage

his name is literally Vermeil lol

Why don't we have this game why is it JP only?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Granblue Fantasy? It's translated and internationally playable

Shy fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 11, 2017

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Count Bleck posted:

Why don't we have this game why is it JP only?

It's in full english. Cygames loves the west.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
that said there's no [easy] way to get it on your mobile device as far as I know, which makes it a lot less appealing for me since if I'm gonna be tied to my computer I want to play something a bit more engaging

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I think it'll just run in Chrome if you're on Android, or you can get the APK real easy (and they never update it because it's just a browser view with more caching and notifications).

IDK about iOS though.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

SonicRulez posted:

Before:

After:

For such a small change, it feels like a big deal.

I like that you changed your outfit to match.

I've been thinking about getting a haircut but I've had black + white highlights since I started and I don't know if I want to buck that trend.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

vOv posted:

I like that you changed your outfit to match.

I've been thinking about getting a haircut but I've had black + white highlights since I started and I don't know if I want to buck that trend.

I was so nervous to change it! I've had the black with blue highlights since I started. I changed the style for SB. That screenshot is where I left before the expansion started downloading. I'm just glad it looks nice. And the only other 70 I have is PLD, so the white still works out.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
So my raid static pretty much has Faustdeath in O4S down. In fact we almost downed him tonight.
Whereupon our NIN had a lag spike. Which was so bad it gave him a triple rabbit. During Ten Chu Jin. Resulting in a 0.5% enrage. :negative:

On the bright side, it only took us two raid nights to learn, and the first night was after a series of successive oneshots of O1S, O2S and O3S.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
I've done the dweebiest thing where I originally made my highgal in 2.0 with the short swept back hair, then in Heavensward I switched to the slightly grown out hair and in Stormblood to the short braid. Like it's slowly growing.

My anime character's hair has more character development than Lyse does.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

And now World of Darkness is done (aside from not getting the CoD minion...)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

24 man roulette is going to be so dope.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

GreenBuckanneer posted:

And now World of Darkness is done (aside from not getting the CoD minion...)

Thankfully WoD is painless enough to farm the minion for

Hra Mormo posted:

I've done the dweebiest thing where I originally made my highgal in 2.0 with the short swept back hair, then in Heavensward I switched to the slightly grown out hair and in Stormblood to the short braid. Like it's slowly growing.

You are not alone friend. When the road trip happened in Heavensward I made sure my guy's hair grew out a little.

We are dweebs together.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sometimes, I run around Limsa, or even Rhalgr's, and people-watch.

People have really bad taste.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Sometimes, I run around Limsa, or even Rhalgr's, and people-watch.

People have really bad taste.

Bikini-hater spotted

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm angry that male characters can't wear bikinis.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I saw Thelast Samurai in Limsa today.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Thankfully WoD is painless enough to farm the minion for

Someone hasn't tried queueing for 24-mans in this, the brief period of time where nobody who knows how to do them still cares about them

The only time I legitimately ran out the instance timer in a 24man was a month ago when helping a friend through their first time CT series. Very much looking forward to the roulette.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

24 man roulette is going to be a trainwreck

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Only having 3 tanks is going to ruin bone dragon, because the halving of potential pps (provokes per second)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I want to Bone Zone so hard right now. It's such the highlight of my FFXIV career.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

This game is also about redemption. Fordola will be given a chance to join the Scions as a penance for her crimes. She'll be exiled from Ala Mhigo and told to serve the rest of her life as a Scion, away from her homeland, the one thing she loved. So she gets punished and has to do good. Plus, it spices up the Scion roster.

That's pretty optimistic, considering the game has already set up a contrasting scenario for Fordola in Yotsuyu, and they've put a lot more effort into setting up Yotsuyu for the redemption arc. I would not expect Fordola to survive the arc wrap-ups for Stormblood, likely after showing up as a dungeon or instance boss following a rejected redemption window and leading some kind of counter-rebellion.

Not that Fordola has a ton of things to want to 'redeem' herself for anyways. She's has never known actual Ala Mhigans as anything resembling a power that can resist outside forces, and doesn't understand the whole 'Ala Mhigan Pride' thing when her people have spent her entire life getting crushed under Garlean heels. She took the only path she ever saw to a better life then one of suffering until death, and now she's going to feel like she's being punished and ostracized for it. And she resents Lyse because she wasn't there to experience that kind of crushing oppression and is openly treating Fordola as a blood traitor anyways. There is going to be a lot of resentment building between Fordola and the people of the liberated Ala Mhigo between now and the end of her story. Besides, Fordola's kinda gone down the path from anti-villian to just straight-up baddie in Stormblood. and they're just not going to walk back that kind of character development without reaching some kind of dramatic resolution to that arc first.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mr. Locke posted:

Not that Fordola has a ton of things to want to 'redeem' herself for anyways. She's has never known actual Ala Mhigans as anything resembling a power that can resist outside forces, and doesn't understand the whole 'Ala Mhigan Pride' thing when her people have spent her entire life getting crushed under Garlean heels.

I'd say she understands Ala Mhigan pride, but framed differently than how Lyse sees it. To Fordola, Ala Mhigan pride is about proving themselves to be useful enough and strong enough to stand as valued citizens of the Empire, rather than as some backwater shithole populated by savage yokels. To Lyse, it's about being free of the Empire and standing as their own independent nation. The two different views come from their two different contexts: Lyse, growing up comfortably in Sharlayan and dreaming airily of a free Ala Mhigo, and Fordola, growing up sucking dirt in Ala Mhigo and seeing anyone who even dares to raise a hand being killed or worse. Fordola accepts the Empire as an inevitable presence that you simply learn to live with, whereas Lyse sees them only as temporary invaders that can and will be driven out.

Regardless, I still think they've got a good amount in store for us with Fordola, considering how every other "poster" character has had their respective tables set for post-4.0 MSQ content.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Sep 11, 2017

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Phone posted:

I saw Thelast Samurai in Limsa today.

Did he at least look like Tom Cruise?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mr. Locke posted:

That's pretty optimistic, considering the game has already set up a contrasting scenario for Fordola in Yotsuyu, and they've put a lot more effort into setting up Yotsuyu for the redemption arc. I would not expect Fordola to survive the arc wrap-ups for Stormblood, likely after showing up as a dungeon or instance boss following a rejected redemption window and leading some kind of counter-rebellion.

Not that Fordola has a ton of things to want to 'redeem' herself for anyways. She's has never known actual Ala Mhigans as anything resembling a power that can resist outside forces, and doesn't understand the whole 'Ala Mhigan Pride' thing when her people have spent her entire life getting crushed under Garlean heels. She took the only path she ever saw to a better life then one of suffering until death, and now she's going to feel like she's being punished and ostracized for it. And she resents Lyse because she wasn't there to experience that kind of crushing oppression and is openly treating Fordola as a blood traitor anyways. There is going to be a lot of resentment building between Fordola and the people of the liberated Ala Mhigo between now and the end of her story. Besides, Fordola's kinda gone down the path from anti-villian to just straight-up baddie in Stormblood. and they're just not going to walk back that kind of character development without reaching some kind of dramatic resolution to that arc first.

If we're exiling Fordola for her crimes against Ala Mhigans, I think would like to see some kind of prisoner exchange program between Ala Mhigo and Doma. Banish Fordola to Doma, put her to work rebuilding there. Banish Yotsuyu to Ala Mhigo, put her to work rebuilding there. The juxtaposition between the two is sufficiently interesting that I would like to see how those two separate plotlines play out, drawing contrasts and similarities between two strangers in strange lands, and a WoL who is uniquely equipped to see how things play out on both ends thanks to being able to pop back and forth at a whim.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Count Bleck posted:

Did he at least look like Tom Cruise?

maybe?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

My take on the conflict between the two is that only one is going to be redeemed, and I think it heavily relies on who's their mentor Gotetsu is a much better mentor and example for Yotsuyu to learn and change from than Lyse:Fordola.

I think it will specifically be Lyse's failure to rehabilitate Fordola that leads to her first actual character development in the entire expansion.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

SKULL.GIF posted:

My take on the conflict between the two is that only one is going to be redeemed, and I think it heavily relies on who's their mentor Gotetsu is a much better mentor and example for Yotsuyu to learn and change from than Lyse:Fordola.

I think it will specifically be Lyse's failure to rehabilitate Fordola that leads to her first actual character development in the entire expansion.

What's great about this is that Gosetsu succeeding still develops his character, because for all that he is a pillar of Doman culture and society (the thing Yotsuyu hates most), his whole bushido act was ultimately kind of selfish. He wanted to die without any thought of what his death would mean vs. him surviving, to the point where he literally could not process the idea that people might reincarnate to fulfill their destinies that may go unfinished after a single death. For him to convince Yotsuyu to live for something constructive, he'd have to accept that he can do something constructive without throwing his life away, and that the Doma of today needs that attitude more than it needs more unthinking sacrifice of lives.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think it's less her 'rehabilitation' and more her acceptance that's in the cards. Fordola doesn't seem like the repentant type, but I can see her swallowing her pride, accepting that what she strove for has come to nothing, but realizing that there's still a future for Ala Mhigo, ripe and ready to be plucked. The only reason I speculate on this is because there's a bit of dialogue when Hien is talking to Lyse in prison about why people simply buckle under the whims of the Empire:

Hien: "But if one who has known their pain can convince them to strive for something greater, and rekindle the fire in their hearts...then they will remember what they have lost. And they will rise."

Why this caught my eye is that the writing team's generally been good about keeping their ducks in a row. This exchange comes after the attempted assassination on Zenos, and Lyse doesn't have to do a whole lot of convincing to help retake Ala Mhigo, which tells me it's a lesson meant for the future. And who knows the pain of occupied Ala Mhigo better than Fordola?

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Hra Mormo posted:

My WoL's hair changed when I hit HW and did a couple Dark Knight quests.

From brown with armor-matching highlights on the gold saucer ponytail hairstyle to the edgiest thing I could come up with. I'll probably change it again when I hit SB.

Dressup is incredibly important.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

PlatinumGames are making a Granblue game.

PlatinumGames :allears:

also +1 destroying Lalafell. The Granblue ones look significantly better designed.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

PlatinumGames are making a Granblue game.

PlatinumGames :allears:

also +1 destroying Lalafell. The Granblue ones look significantly better designed.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
lalafell are badass

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My WoL's changed haircuts since a month into SB from the big braid to the cool short 2B hair.

Felt weird to get rid of the facepaint though, had that since I made the character.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Okay, if BLM potatoes floated I would play a tater tot

Mister Olympus posted:

Someone hasn't tried queueing for 24-mans in this, the brief period of time where nobody who knows how to do them still cares about them

The only time I legitimately ran out the instance timer in a 24man was a month ago when helping a friend through their first time CT series. Very much looking forward to the roulette.

I'll admit towards the end tanks started not knowing how to position the loving floating eye boss, so I can imagine

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

okay except that one

this dude cool as gently caress

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Holy poo poo, loving SOLD. I mean the other images already sold me but this is incredible. :allears:

Also all you people who change their hairstyle each patch really confuse me.
I change my hairstyle about once a week.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Okay, if BLM potatoes floated I would play a tater tot

I'll admit towards the end tanks started not knowing how to position the loving floating eye boss, so I can imagine

Is "center of the room" too loving complicated?

...in my heart I know the truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
My favorite lalafels are still the "old man" ones, where they still look like a fresh-faced baby, but with gray hair and a mustache. I can't tell which one I like more, the one who couldn't walk to go visit his friend any more at the lighthouse because his gout is acting up, or the one with the "lecherous anime grandpa" personality who you find in town just grabbing some catgirl's rear end, which he has to raise his arms all the way up to reach.