Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Fangrim posted:

You can't in E:D. I've tried.

While it's true, that you can travel in any direction for an infinite time, when you finally get to another system without using hyperspace, there won't be anything there. You're at the right spot, but no sun(s) or planets will exist.

But we're not talking about another system. What he's attempting — in-system travel without QT — can be done in any number of games, including E:D, and wasn't even unique to SC back when the whole thing was first conceived. The only reason you'd do it, though, is because of the severely foreshortened scale that SC offers.

We can't really talk about anything else, since that's all SC has on offer. There are no systems to go to, just different parts of the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Beet Wagon posted:

Anime... is... bad...

Says every mature anime fan in public

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Star Citizen: Honest question regarding excitement about toilets

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Star Citizen... is... bad...

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Btw, where do i get the payment for my hard anti shill work?

From You must have a Something Awful forums account to view this message.?

Is this the right person? I am getting confused over here.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

Anime... is... bad...

Stay strong beeto-kun!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

AutismVaccine posted:

Btw, where do i get the payment for my hard anti shill work?

From You must have a Something Awful forums account to view this message.?

Is this the right person? I am getting confused over here.

Derek's usual fence is having issues due to Irma and things should be back to normal in about two weeks.

One nice thing about a war lord worth more than 160 million is the posting perks.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

posting is not a perk

It is an imperative

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Raskolnikov posted:

Derek's usual fence is having issues due to Irma and things should be back to normal in about two weeks.

One nice thing about a war lord worth more than 160 million is the posting perks.

Going to post enough to buy some PUBG hot pants JPEGs

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Ghostlight posted:

posting is not a perk

It is an imperative

:justpost:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Beet Wagon posted:

Anime... is... bad...

counterpoint: pineapples are good on blue cheese tacos with a dollop of yougurt to carry the flavor

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Toops posted:

:same:

peak citizen would be permanently squatting commando sliding backwards around port olisar dropping uncontrollable deuces ARK style.

Imagine this interacting with jet nipples and clipping through cockpits. Shart Citizen can be real. https://youtu.be/W2Aq-gm3An0

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Thoatse posted:

counterpoint: pineapples are good on blue cheese tacos with a dollop of yougurt to carry the flavor
The difficulty is spunking the yougurt in the taco without breaking it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Octopode posted:

Everything is fine, I've just found different forms of entertainment than posting on comedy forums about video games lately. Also, travelling for work quite a lot leaves little time to follow whatever this game has become.

Nice one, fair enough.

Harbinger73
Apr 22, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, pretty much.

When I posted my Tweet on Thurs, I specifically didn't say anything about what it was about. I had already written an article (just now published) but didn't publish it because I was awaiting additional info. Then the CIR company filing appeared in my Discord channel because one of our insider "aces" also knew about it, and posted info.

And just yesterday someone on Discord, where we were discussing it in private, was saying for me to just publish the article, so I don't get "scooped".

But the company filing is only the tip of the iceberg. I wish I didn't have to publish the article today though. :negative:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/905831110910738432

Who could of guessed that making up poo poo on the fly would yield results? Maybe I should try theorising more often. :effortless:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ugh, how much longer until CitizenCon?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Tane weeks.

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?
About a month and a half until Citizencon 2017.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
STEALING SOMEONE'S SHIP (ACTUAL THEFT)

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Climb aboard, sit in the right cockpit chair and fly off.

ACTUAL RESULT
It has come to my attention on another forum, that part of the game, or gameplay, may include the theft of your ship.

EXPECTED RESULT
In Star Citizen, we BACKERS paid REAL MONEY to back this game in the purchase of these ships. Given it is now possible to do this in SC (admittedly no actual loss or damage can be done), I don't appreciate the fact that someone CAN DO THIS with my PROPERTY and CONTRIBUTION to SC's development. Even if there is no short term damage, other than someone waiting in the wing for a ship owner to climb aboard my ship, during my gameplay, and just walk off with my experience for their own, is just not right. To this end, I would ask that you take this as a bug, and implement a fix, like cyberlocking your ship with a code, to prevent what will certainly be a controversial issue in the future of SC. As well, I have posted the following on another popular space simulation site.

---
In Star Citizen, it is possible to steal someone's ship which cost REAL money, and it was an oversight or exploit not seen or considered Roberts Space Industries, but it was not ever intended to be a part of the game. Although it is something than CAN be done in SC, as it is an Alpha build and I doubt it will be allowed to continue. Bugs have been filed because of it, and most would find it an immoral act purely because there are REAL dollars involved. Those REAL dollars in SC were put there by those BACKERS wanting a massive space experience, and IS NOT there for someone to STEAL, however fun, funny, or exciting you may think it is. I am a significant backer in SC, and I can guarantee you, I would not think it moral, fun, funny or exciting if someone STOLE my paid for property put there in earnest to build a game I wanted.

If it shows up in Elite Dangerous. I will ask Frontier for a full refund. I backed this game for fun, not to have someone fixated on stealing, try to convince anyone here this is acceptable behaviour.

Gameplay does not need to parallel life, and just because you have real life examples, true as they may be, makes it no more palatable, reasonable or acceptable.

It's not my lifestyle, nor is it something I find acceptable, even if it is considered gameplay.

Be well.
---

If you value my participation as a contributor to SC, now and in the future, you will give this bug serious consideration.

(and yes, SC gave me a sidearm, and I guess I could have just SHOT THE GUY, but hell, I'm not a murderer.

Be well.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

If SC called you and told you it loved you, could you love it back, even if someone stole your JPEG?

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Has that ever actually been addressed?

it seems an important issue that i might be able to steal what someone paid like 4k for, with only the most basic social engineering scamming techniques that I had down solidly since mmo's long since past.

These fucks gonna get grifted, is what I'm saying.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Star Citizen: (ACTUAL THEFT)

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

AP posted:

(and yes, SC gave me a sidearm, and I guess I could have just SHOT THE GUY, but hell, I'm not a murderer.

I'm reminded of the guy in E:D who wiped his save because he got a speeding ticket and then complained on the forums about it

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Stealing ships is like the only actual gameplay there is.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

It's really too bad SC isn't real. It would make the pain and suffering inflicted by the eve goons look like a warm up.

:smith:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I'm reminded of the guy in E:D who wiped his save because he got a speeding ticket and then complained on the forums about it

What. :what:

Harbinger73
Apr 22, 2016

Quavers posted:

I suggested similar a while back:

Don't really follow the thread too much anymore so missed your post but you know what they say about great minds. :thumbsup:

To be completely honest the list was just some wild "what if?" BS I came up with on the fly as I was fed of waiting for Derek to spill the beans on the ELE for the 50th time he's mentioned it's coming soon™ without ever dishing any dirt.

Here's the event as it played out on Discord:

As you can see Dark Off dropped a subtle hint that perhaps I should search Companies House otherwise I'd never have even found the recently set up shell company. After doing so I was encouraged to post here for greater visibility. I merely added the link to the shell company to #1 in the original list.

I'm only just catching up on the fallout from it all now as I've been busy this weekend. Nice to see it has gone GORFlike.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Ghostlight posted:

Stealing ships is like the only actual gameplay there is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdZf2XV3P00

Yep, its in the pipeline. :smuggo:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

It was something on the forums that the frogs were laughing at, probably a year or two ago at this point, the short version is that he was effectively doing a "no criminal acts ironman" run, but it was because he was a Very Serious RPer playing a Very Serious Space Game. So some NPC bumped into him while he was going 101 or whatever, he got a 200CR fine, and he ragequit his save and made this big effortpost in the bug forum about NPCs that don't know how to drive

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It was something on the forums that the frogs were laughing at, probably a year or two ago at this point, the short version is that he was effectively doing a "no criminal acts ironman" run, but it was because he was a Very Serious RPer playing a Very Serious Space Game. So some NPC bumped into him while he was going 101 or whatever, he got a 200CR fine, and he ragequit his save and made this big effortpost in the bug forum about NPCs that don't know how to drive

:cripes: I hate people.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Star Citizen: Ships, shops and shits.

Dooguk fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Sep 11, 2017

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

shoving-stick-in-his-own-bicycle-spokes.jpg

Harbinger73
Apr 22, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

Going to summarize this for people who don't want to read it:

<open with stolen goon art>
Self Aggrandizement
I called it in my first blog
I called it in the ELE blog
Here's a link to my blog about their terms of service and how they keep changing it.
Here's a link to my blogs where they denied somebody refunds and then that person went to the CA authorities and they stopped denying refunds.
Here's a link to my blogs about their engine and how it can't work and how I called that they were going to switch to Amazon's.
Here's a link to my blogs about how they're going to ship a MVP and then bail. None of this has happened but I'm right anyway.
Here's about fifty links to my blogs about their financial problems where I've been saying they would run out of money any day now for about two years. Here's a link to my blog about them taking some tax credits in the UK which totally confirms the rest of my blogs. Here's a link to my blog about a rumor posted on reddit that they may or may not be seeking $75m which also totally confirms the rest of my blogs.

Now, the new bit:
Here's a link to my completely empty tweet predicting total failure in the next two week time period.
Vague hand waving about how many people are talking to me.
People say Chris Roberts is looking to get out, and that other people are getting out. Shocking Revelation
People say that Chris Roberts is difficult to work with. Holy poo poo
I can't actually give you any detail on what is going on because my sources etc. etc.
Here is a link to literally the only new piece of information, and it is the new shell corporation as linked in the thread about three or four pages ago.

<close with stolen goon art>

PS this is not a mock post, that is the actual summary of the article.

:five:

That pretty much summarises most of Derek's posts these days. Referencing lots of previous posts followed by a single paragraph of new information at the bottom.

Although to be fair it's pretty apparent that there was advance knowledge of that shell company within the upper echelons of Derek's Discord Goon Squad (of which I'm not a member) given that it was hinted that perhaps I should search Companies House to see if there was a potential company for #1 on my list.

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?
Another thing I just thought of is that...Chris Roberts has been quiet since Gamescom. The guy loves to be on camera! Where has he gone? Is he still on vacation? Something does seem amiss considering he's seemingly poofed.

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal
Keeping up with this thread is a bitch. Any new leaks from theAgent or updates on Kayak and his two legged ear scratcher? Did Derek finally loving finish before Irma hit?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Dooguk posted:

Star Citizen: Ships, shops and shits.