Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What am I looking at here? Is Paddy showing off his bling with a bank card?

Have you guys voted yet (Lurkers included)? It is incredibly easy and you can still sign up until the 22nd and they have polling places that include supermarkets so there are no excuses if you are eligible.

NZAmoeba posted:

He looks genuinely uncomfortable smiling

Isn't that his default state regardless of facial movement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
I vote on election day like the Lord intended.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
I'm voting tomorrow so I can start drinking as soon as I wake up on election day without having to worry.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

yikes, point taken

'I know several crackheads', lol

I have to vote at work (or, the papers are here and I have to scan them here) so once I get a private moment I will

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
A friend got a new huge HDTV and the first time he used it was the Northland By-Election.

We were all shitfaced, and every time Paddy's horrifying mug appeared in fully-visible-pore HD there were audible shouts of alarm.

I don't think he really uses the HD much any more.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Wow all those facts and all of them are on one side of the national/labour divide hmmmm

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Somfin posted:

Wow all those facts and all of them are on one side of the national/labour divide hmmmm

lolol

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Sept 24 can't come soon enough because if I hear "what does this have to do with policy? I only care about policy. Is this policy evidence based?" from another person this week I'm going to punch them.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Sept 24 can't come soon enough because if I hear "what does this have to do with policy? I only care about policy. Is this policy evidence based?" from another person this week I'm going to punch them.

What does this have to do with policy? I only care about policy. Is this policy evidence based?

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Haven't voted yet, will probably vote sometime this week. Still can't decide between Labour and Greens. I've voted Labour, Green, Green, Green in the ones I've been elegible to vote in. I still want to vote Green but part of me wants to reward (sounds dumb I know) Labour for finally pulling their heads out of their arses and making some positive changes to their image and policy. I think I still align more with the Greens but I'm going to go over policy again this week before I vote.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

If you're wanting to vote to change the government, there's a strong argument to be made for both, but consider making a strategic vote for the Greens to ensure they

A) stay in Parliament
B) have equal or greater influence in a likely coalition that will probably include NZFirst.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
Easy for me. Green party vote, Labour electorate vote. Cos it's either that or Nicky loving wagner.

But yeah, now that greens are safely back over the 5%, a green vote means pulling Labour back over to the left.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

El Pollo Blanco posted:

gently caress TOP and all of this garbage, who ever thought that "smug and condescending" was a good way to win people over

I don't know what to do with my electorate vote now, I'm not really into Greg O'Connor and don't especially want him in Parliament over another list candidate

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Given the evidence that they won't poll over 2%, the rational thing would be for TOP to pull out

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

The Schwa posted:

gently caress TOP and all of this garbage, who ever thought that "smug and condescending" was a good way to win people over

I don't know what to do with my electorate vote now, I'm not really into Greg O'Connor and don't especially want him in Parliament over another list candidate

On current polling O'Connor is gonna make it in on the list anyway, may as well vote to stop Hudson from winning if you can stomach it

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

yeah, that's probably the way I'll end up going

I've been voting so hard to get Dunne out that now I don't know what to do with myself

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

The Schwa posted:

I've been voting so hard to get Dunne out that now I don't know what to do with myself

You have my sympathy at this difficult time etc.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

The Schwa posted:

who ever thought that "smug and condescending" was a good way to win people over

Wow, do I have news for you.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Smug and condescending does play well with people who self-describe as leftists, but are wont to complain about 'the feminazis', though.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Smug and condescending does play well with people who self-describe as leftists, but are wont to complain about 'the feminazis', though.

I think you'll find that the hip new term is femo-fascists.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

El Pollo Blanco posted:

a head for the left, a heart for the right!

:fuckoff:

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Midget Fist posted:

Haven't voted yet, will probably vote sometime this week. Still can't decide between Labour and Greens. I've voted Labour, Green, Green, Green in the ones I've been elegible to vote in. I still want to vote Green but part of me wants to reward (sounds dumb I know) Labour for finally pulling their heads out of their arses and making some positive changes to their image and policy. I think I still align more with the Greens but I'm going to go over policy again this week before I vote.

GREENS

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Yeah please Party Vote Green (/electorate vote Labour)

we are kinda fighting for our very survival here, and every vote counts. If the Greens fall below 5%, then you're gonna have to deal with three years at least of Minister Winston.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
I can't decide whether to vote tomorrow, or wait for my easy vote card

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

If you follow any of Bill English's social media lately you'd think his son was the one running. I guess they got some focus group data that his son is hot or, like, actually seems human or something?

I voted for the Greens when overseas voting started last week~ I voted Mana last time because I would've loved to see Laila Harre back in parliament, but this time there's no point since even if Hone wins his seat back that's all they're getting, and I don't even know who #2 on their list is.

SuperiorColliculus
Oct 31, 2011

Solid party vote Greens/electorate Labour vote from here in the Bay Area. I'm apparently in the Dunedin north electorate - I guess technically that's the last place I lived in NZ?

I went old school and posted forms to LA.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
I really just want to vote for the sweet release of death but I guess I have to vote for a legitimate party.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Midget Fist posted:

I really just want to vote for the sweet release of death but I guess I have to vote for a legitimate party.

a stake for the heart, a hammer to the head.

Trompe le Monde
Nov 4, 2009

Voted yesterday. Went party vote greens, Epsom electorate vote Paul Goldsmith in the hopes that I won't have to see David Seymours face in the next parliament. I will be drinking heavily if my greens come in under the five percent and drinking even more heavily depending on how Epsom left voters go.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Hmm, the new and popular United Future dude is standing in my electorate. A bunch of my normally sensible friends have been impressed by him.

So it looks like I'm about to read up on UF's policies in this TYOOL 2017. Funny how these things go.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

I'll be voting labour/labour but that's just me probably vote early if I run across a polling place in Palmy.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

cptn_dr posted:

Hmm, the new and popular United Future dude is standing in my electorate. A bunch of my normally sensible friends have been impressed by him.

So it looks like I'm about to read up on UF's policies in this TYOOL 2017. Funny how these things go.

My general understanding of them the last time I looked was that when it comes to social welfare etc they're actually pretty good. The "feed the poor" type of Christian. Why they sided with National though...

edit: I was another foreign kiwi voting at the High Commission in Ottawa as I happened to be visiting that city when polls opened (I live in Montreal now) I was their first customer through the door, so the guy working there who resembled Santa was being very careful with making sure he got the paper work right.

Registered in Epsom, voted Green/Goldsmith

NZAmoeba fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 11, 2017

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Yeah UF are okay. They had the Christian thing under Dunne because he was Christian, but they're pretty generic Lib-Dems outside of that. Their actual platform is centre-left, but Dunne tended to let his personal stuff get in the way.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I'll probably still vote for Julie Zhu, since she seemed cool the few times I've met her. I assume it'll go National anyway, due to the godforsaken racist conservative shithole that is Howick. But I suppose it's nice to be able to at least have options for my meaningless vote.

(party vote Green though, no question)

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Yeah Julie is cool and I'm not gonna stop you if you wanna vote Green/Green. Labour electorate vote only really matters in tight electorates -- if National were always gonna walk home there's not a lot you can do.

In other news, back to being worried about Jacinda being a wolf in sheep's clothing again!

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/political/339209/the-leader-interview-jacinda-ardern

"We are going to destroy neoliberalism by doing absolutely nothing, and keeping all the major parts of it in place."

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Practically it's not very clear how they're planning to stay in TPP but also renegotiate, because we've already ratified it.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
I'm still tossing up Green or Labour for my electorate vote. I really want to vote for Chloe Swarbrick, but Priyanca Radhakrishnan probably has the better chance.

Party vote Green for sure though.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
I'm loving this insanely postmodern trend of saying neoliberalism has failed while refusing to do anything to dismantle it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Saying you're very concerned about things whilst doing nothing is a time honoured political tradition, nothing modern about that.

• Locked thread