Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The YouTube link to the Nick Mullen IBM commercial is dead now. Did they remove it to renounce Nick Mullen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

it's a combination of finding Gaiman really overrated and thinking Millar's not all bad (Starlight was awesome).
Yeah I'm pretty sure I overrate him, but I like his type of stories and structure (except ending a story which he is bad at) and magical realism/old gods living in the present appeals to me a lot.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hello I'm the guy who will go to bat for Kick-rear end as a cohesive whole, don't @ me

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

So I think what I'm getting from this thread is that 95% of Grey Wolf goons are metal head comic book fans.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Goons will be goons

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Comics are dope

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
It must rule to be this normal

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/906214957288710144

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Comics, like wrestling, are something I enjoy learning about from fans but don't personally want to put time or money into

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Corncobs are combustible.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Henchman of Santa posted:

Comics, like wrestling, are something I enjoy learning about from fans but don't personally want to put time or money into

exactly this

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

wrestling and metal are as good as jen kirkman has become insane

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Verrit: still hilarious, still not owned

https://twitter.com/jakeanbinder/status/906607179242893313
https://twitter.com/verrit/status/906342066678099969

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

wrestling and metal are as good as jen kirkman has become insane
Pro Wrestling is basically capitalism incarnate and its hilarious that if I had the money to start a sizable fed and go "Okay now I want to consider you guys workers so you can form a union and health/travel will be insured" I would instantly become the greatest owner in the history of pro wrestling.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

lol what's the tax return thing even about?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bryter posted:

lol what's the tax return thing even about?

bernie also was kinda slow to release his taxes, because clinton has been running for national office for the past 20 years she was rapid to deploy hers, bernie released his tax stuff and it was...something about them I guess? Like, he released one form but not another and clearly in THAT form that's the one where he wrote "SECRET RUSSIAN DONATIONS" so he's hiding something.

Like, the only actual critique of his tax poo poo was that it was kinda a dick movie that in one interview he was all 'well my wife handles the taxes you need to ask her'. Like, yea, minor dick move when 'yea we're workin on that' would be just as good.

By which I mean he basically shot all women in the back while screaming "I'LL NEVER TALK ABOUT MY RUSSIAN JEW MONEY!!!!"

As someone who took a bit to shake the 'but what about trump's taxes????' mind myself Chapo was 100% right that 'but the taxes' is maybe the single dumbest way to attack any politician ever, because it requires them to be both cartoonishly corrupt where they're just boldface taking obvious felony level fraud stuff, but also so stupid they don't hide it and just write "ILLEGAL TAX STUFF" on the forum. It's like they expect there to be a line in either of their taxes that says "TREASON MONEY".

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

It has nothing to do with "ILLEGAL TAX STUFF," but between tax returns and financial disclosures, it can become much clearer where people's connections are. Tax returns can give a more complete picture than yearly financial disclosures, but I'm sure the Dry Boys wouldn't be happy if Trump decided to nix doing those. All Bernie had to do to release his was call his accountant; it's not some complex act. It's a dumb thing to drag your feet on releasing, but it's also a dumb to still bring up once it's been released.

Neon Belly fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 10, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/jonwhitebriefly/status/906695910150758400

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

achillesforever6 posted:

Pro Wrestling is basically capitalism incarnate and its hilarious that if I had the money to start a sizable fed and go "Okay now I want to consider you guys workers so you can form a union and health/travel will be insured" I would instantly become the greatest owner in the history of pro wrestling.

ICP are seen as great wrestling company owners with JCW because they pay their workers well and on time. The most carny act in a carny industry treat the workers like actual people and it's why they can always gets decent names working for them.

I have to say I love that ICP is having a face turn in 2017.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The_Rob posted:

ICP are seen as great wrestling company owners with JCW because they pay their workers well and on time. The most carny act in a carny industry treat the workers like actual people and it's why they can always gets decent names working for them.

I have to say I love that ICP is having a face turn in 2017.

Terry Funk found out that theyade a bunch of money selling a bootleg of a Japanese hardcore show that he worked on with a comedy commentary dub over it and was rightfully mad

This got back to ICP, who reached out to him and arranged to visit him at his ranch and talk to him and apologize

They visit him, spend an hour or two talking, shake hands, leave. Terry Funk finds an envelope full of money on the counter that they just left there without saying a word about it

Icp are his favorite band now and he's never listened to any of their songs

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Holy poo poo, poor Jen Kirkman. :(

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
When youre very normal

https://mobile.twitter.com/DmitrysPlane/status/906654744848019456

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Has there even been a single case of anybody ever using Verrit for it's intended purpose yet?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Has there even been a single case of anybody ever using Verrit for it's intended purpose yet?

peter's been mad, red, and nude online for almost 2 weeks now, so.... yes?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I still do not understand what that would even look like

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
Let's see how ol Mikey Boy's handling this Real Journalism thing

https://mobile.twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/906876727334510592

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

TetsuoTW posted:

I still do not understand what that would even look like

Verrit is literally some dumbshit citation system for arguing with your dad on Facebook. It's like snopes, but requires more effort and is worse in every single way.

Imagine an online argument about whether Obama is a muslim, but instead of a link that the person clicks on which says "no he's not a muslim" he has to go to a website and then enter a code on his own.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 10, 2017

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Verrit is literally some dumbshit citation system for arguing with your dad on Facebook. It's like snopes, but requires more effort and is worse in every single way.

it's the tim & eric cinco family products version of snopes

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Imagine an online argument about whether Obama is a muslim, but instead of a link that the person clicks on which says "no he's not a muslim" he has to go to a website and then enter a code on his own.

Except that there's not actually a Verrit code for Obama not being a secret Muslim because it's all inspirational worldview quotes and poo poo.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Thompsons posted:

Let's see how ol Mikey Boy's handling this Real Journalism thing

https://mobile.twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/906876727334510592

Hahahahaha

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

New ep is good. I love that there's a The Troops barbecue chain

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

New ep is good. I love that there's a The Troops barbecue chain

Everything they brought up was great, from how did this not exist post 9/11 to the reveal that the owners are just capitalist class assholes trying to cash in.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

sleeptalker posted:

Except that there's not actually a Verrit code for Obama not being a secret Muslim because it's all inspirational worldview quotes and poo poo.

yea despite claiming to be all about fact checking and honest discourse or whatever, it's pretty blatant hillary/dnc establishment shilling

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

if you check code 48631 you'll find out that "love trumps hate"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/jackdwagner/status/906941480006148096

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/dalykyle/status/906988455879692288

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Who is Jack Wagner?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

and also snopes lays out evidence and poo poo

as far as i can tell a verrit code is only useful for telling you whether or not the verrit you got the code from is real, not whether the thing in the verrit is actually true. verrit.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

I've used Verrit to verify that stupid Verrits, like a Verrit that just says "covfefe," are real and not photoshop jobs, so I guess yes?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Guys you're being assholes about this. No one can use Verrit for its intended purpose because it just came out and it's not Thanksgiving yet. When we use Verrit to win arguments with our drunkles over dinner, then you'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

TetsuoTW posted:

and also snopes lays out evidence and poo poo

as far as i can tell a verrit code is only useful for telling you whether or not the verrit you got the code from is real, not whether the thing in the verrit is actually true. verrit.

Yes. Verrit is based on the assumption that everyone already trusts verrit as the sole arbiter of facts.