Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Pixel cloud, sephiroth, and noctis are good. Pixel yshtola is also not terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fairlight
May 18, 2007

I already rolled all the mons last time I think. I guess I can try for a second tifa, noctis or sephiroth to make pixel and non pixel versions lol

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Pixel Lightning sucks way more than she should given how good reg Lightning's active is. Fuckin change a row and +2 combo?

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Quick/dumb question:

If a skill says that it applies to Attacker & Healer, do both conditions have to be met or is it at least one?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Pixel Lightning sucks way more than she should given how good reg Lightning's active is. Fuckin change a row and +2 combo?

+2 combo cancels out the loss from having to do a 3x3 blob for the awakening.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Shroud posted:

Quick/dumb question:

If a skill says that it applies to Attacker & Healer, do both conditions have to be met or is it at least one?

At least one. But you don't get double benefit if they are both, just one bonus.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

LibrarianCroaker posted:

+2 combo cancels out the loss from having to do a 3x3 blob for the awakening.
Right but 100k true damage + a DKali change is a sick active, pixel isn't even close.

Shroud posted:

Quick/dumb question:

Just one.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Awesome, thanks guys.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Right but 100k true damage + a DKali change is a sick active, pixel isn't even close.

They are made for completely different purposes so that people want to roll for more than one copy.

On an unrelated note: gently caress the current JP ranking dungeon. I have never been good with crosses and you need make 3 (2 lights, 1 heart) quickly in order to get a good score.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I did it once and it took forever and I was still top 40%. I got my stone, that's all I need.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
Once I finally managed to OHKO every wave, I got 2% on both accounts (degraded to 4.5% now). I'm not consistent enough to chase the crown, but top 10% in a player skill heavy dungeon ain't bad.

maou shoujo fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Sep 9, 2017

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Does anyone have two Mizu claws from the MH collab they would be willing to trade me? I'm on NA.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Olothreutes posted:

Does anyone have two Mizu claws from the MH collab they would be willing to trade me? I'm on NA.

You have to have been friends for 30 days to trade. Just FYI in case you forgot

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Funso Banjo posted:

You have to have been friends for 30 days to trade. Just FYI in case you forgot

I had not forgotten, but I'm also willing to be patient if necessary. I tried letting a trade for a claw pend for a few days and got no response, they're all I need to get this Bhunter going.

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008
Boy am I glad I didn't clear out my FF pulls. I've got dupes of the following all ready for pixelation:

Terra, Squall, Y'shtola, Bartz, Zidane, Sephiroth, Noctis, Shantotto

Only real decisions to make are whether to pixelate Cloud, Onion Knight, or Yuna (lol no).

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

trucutru posted:

They are made for completely different purposes so that people want to roll for more than one copy.
yeah yeah I'm just not that much of a whale :(

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
pixel lightning has an actual use in the current endgame, unlike regular lightning, who is just poo poo now. not really a toss up.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Radra is out of favor and there hasn't been any full rainbow leads to replace him so Lightning has retired to become a button farmer. :v:

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Jesus Christ, double 7c Yuna is so busted on an Anubis/Diablos team. After a good momiji board change she's hitting for close to 100 million by herself.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This is my new endgame. I never have enough of these guys.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Mill Village posted:

This is my new endgame. I never have enough of these guys.

Same, but common masks.

Hell, I'm short on all the 5* or lower evo mats

isndl
May 2, 2012
I'm short on evo mats, but mostly because I'm skipping the evo mat dungeons to get more py farming in. I've run like three bars worth of Z8 today. :shepicide:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zo posted:

pixel lightning has an actual use in the current endgame, unlike regular lightning, who is just poo poo now. not really a toss up.
but button farming :(

(even though she's not actually good at that because a board changer is slower than a Ra)

(I'm just stuck in 2014 ok)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
What are the best subs for reincarnated Kushinadahime? I'm trying to learn how to use her to get better at the game but I'm getting the impression that I don't have many of her optimal subs.

isndl
May 2, 2012
When RKush first came out the meta team was 3x RHaku BValk, but with all the recent new 7c cards there might be better builds. You probably don't need a FUA because you should have theoretically perfect damage control thanks to no skyfalls, but the new Verdandi does look pretty sweet for Kush. Diaochan is nice for the move time, Princess Allura is pretty useful if you happen to have her from when Voltron was around. Yuna is a great move-time stick with the amazing double 7c, although her active is kind of redundant. There's probably a bunch of other neat options that I'm drawing a blank on.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

isndl posted:

When RKush first came out the meta team was 3x RHaku BValk, but with all the recent new 7c cards there might be better builds. You probably don't need a FUA because you should have theoretically perfect damage control thanks to no skyfalls, but the new Verdandi does look pretty sweet for Kush. Diaochan is nice for the move time, Princess Allura is pretty useful if you happen to have her from when Voltron was around. Yuna is a great move-time stick with the amazing double 7c, although her active is kind of redundant. There's probably a bunch of other neat options that I'm drawing a blank on.

Thanks. I have 3 RHakus but no BValk. I can make a new Verdandi and I have Allura but haven't done anything with her yet. Since I have no idea what I'm doing I'm trying to cover all colors so I have LKali, Y'shtola, RHaku, and (lol) Xiang Mei.

Does it matter whether I cover all colors or not, or that the 3 RHakus only trigger max damage if I make a dark match? Or does that not matter since I'm ostensibly doing between 7 and 9 combos, possibly using RKushi's active?

isndl
May 2, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Thanks. I have 3 RHakus but no BValk. I can make a new Verdandi and I have Allura but haven't done anything with her yet. Since I have no idea what I'm doing I'm trying to cover all colors so I have LKali, Y'shtola, RHaku, and (lol) Xiang Mei.

Does it matter whether I cover all colors or not, or that the 3 RHakus only trigger max damage if I make a dark match? Or does that not matter since I'm ostensibly doing between 7 and 9 combos, possibly using RKushi's active?

BValk was preferred because it covered the remaining light attribute while bringing Guard Break. RValk can do the same thing but her red attribute makes damage control on Vishnu/Parvati trickier. Allura pretty much handles the same role as the Valks and can clear trash orbs as well, though her light skyfall buff could be annoying in some cases (but maybe helps you clear bad skyfall buffs at the same time). Covering all colors is mostly for the Guard Break awakening, and isn't necessary otherwise.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'RHakus only trigger max damage if you make a dark match', of course your Hakus need dark matches to do damage? Your goal is to be doing at least 7c consistently every turn though, and one of Kush's weaknesses is that it can be difficult to reliably do more than 7c because of the RNG with orb counts and you can't hope for skyfalls to bail you out. Pairing with a Diablos friend is actually not that unusual for RKush because the big board can improve your consistency significantly.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

isndl posted:

BValk was preferred because it covered the remaining light attribute while bringing Guard Break. RValk can do the same thing but her red attribute makes damage control on Vishnu/Parvati trickier. Allura pretty much handles the same role as the Valks and can clear trash orbs as well, though her light skyfall buff could be annoying in some cases (but maybe helps you clear bad skyfall buffs at the same time). Covering all colors is mostly for the Guard Break awakening, and isn't necessary otherwise.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'RHakus only trigger max damage if you make a dark match', of course your Hakus need dark matches to do damage? Your goal is to be doing at least 7c consistently every turn though, and one of Kush's weaknesses is that it can be difficult to reliably do more than 7c because of the RNG with orb counts and you can't hope for skyfalls to bail you out. Pairing with a Diablos friend is actually not that unusual for RKush because the big board can improve your consistency significantly.

Thanks for the tips. I hadn't thought of using Diablos as a friend. I'll look into that.

I just ult evo'd Allura so I'll start messing around with her. Should I run like 2 RHaku, new Verdandi and Allura? Is there a reason that the Kalis aren't good subs?

isndl
May 2, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Thanks for the tips. I hadn't thought of using Diablos as a friend. I'll look into that.

I just ult evo'd Allura so I'll start messing around with her. Should I run like 2 RHaku, new Verdandi and Allura? Is there a reason that the Kalis aren't good subs?

That's a good starting point for your team, you might skip on the Devil Killer on Allura to help your damage control but it you already unlocked it then no big deal. LKali is pretty old and her overall stats and awakenings just aren't so good compared to the newer stuff. 7c is a really powerful awakening on top of the enhanced orbs and TPAs that Haku has.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

isndl posted:

That's a good starting point for your team, you might skip on the Devil Killer on Allura to help your damage control but it you already unlocked it then no big deal. LKali is pretty old and her overall stats and awakenings just aren't so good compared to the newer stuff. 7c is a really powerful awakening on top of the enhanced orbs and TPAs that Haku has.

Oh so I should be trying to dark TPA with this team and not trying to 8 or 9 combo? Bare minimum 7c with dark TPA then?

isndl
May 2, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Oh so I should be trying to dark TPA with this team and not trying to 8 or 9 combo? Bare minimum 7c with dark TPA then?

You want to be hitting 7 combos minimum because your leader skill doesn't really start to do significant damage until that point and your 7c awakenings kick in at the same time. A dark TPA is basically another 2x on your Hakus. Whether or not you should be doing the TPA is very subjective according to the board and team attribute spread.

At this point you're best off just using the team and getting a feel for the damage.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

isndl posted:

You want to be hitting 7 combos minimum because your leader skill doesn't really start to do significant damage until that point and your 7c awakenings kick in at the same time. A dark TPA is basically another 2x on your Hakus. Whether or not you should be doing the TPA is very subjective according to the board and team attribute spread.

At this point you're best off just using the team and getting a feel for the damage.

Cool, will do. Thanks again for your help :)

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well I was gonna co op Light Insect Dragon with myself and then send all the Cuatons to my main but none dropped so I guess serves me right for being a smartass.

Oh well, Alt got a stone at least. Might just throw my alt's Shynpys over instead

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
Actually got something cool from a free roll, tifa. Out of tifa, cloud, and lightning, which is most useful as a pixel evo? I don't have too many 7x6 leads, so perhaps tifa would be good to keep. Should I just make them all? Pixel cloud seems to have a better LS anyway since I don't have a system.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

pankus posted:

Actually got something cool from a free roll, tifa. Out of tifa, cloud, and lightning, which is most useful as a pixel evo? I don't have too many 7x6 leads, so perhaps tifa would be good to keep. Should I just make them all? Pixel cloud seems to have a better LS anyway since I don't have a system.

Cloud >> Lightning >> Tifa

(last two are really just personal preference on awakenings & active - heartbreakers aren't really cool anymore and rows are kinda useless in the current meta.)

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
I got Shantotto on my free pull and Reynn & Lann on my one gem pull that I'm allowing myself on a non-Yuna rate up day. All I can say about the twins is that it's my first guard break, I guess (and the evo art is great)?

As for Shantotto, that's uh, that's a lot of rows...

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I got something called Yda with my Free Roll. Double 7c and red? Sure why not. Probably will still never use him because of that poo poo active.

Let's do a Yolo Roll too: Squall.

Ok, sure.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Televisio Frankus posted:

I got Shantotto on my free pull and Reynn & Lann on my one gem pull that I'm allowing myself on a non-Yuna rate up day. All I can say about the twins is that it's my first guard break, I guess (and the evo art is great)?

As for Shantotto, that's uh, that's a lot of rows...

What does the guard break affect? The nulls 1 mil plus damage type effects? Or something else?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Funso Banjo posted:

What does the guard break affect? The nulls 1 mil plus damage type effects? Or something else?

ya, but only for that particular sub

it also boosts the atk of the sub by a significant amount

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Reco doing a box, FUA, and 10+ combos....dude is nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doDfRloecqk&t=341s