Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Benne posted:

If they channel Sting/Vader or Awesome Kong/Gail Kim then that might be interesting, but I have zero faith the match won't fall the hell apart.

I want a remake of this promo but with Alexa and Nia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7XhwNT7U5s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

quote:

In the latest Observer, Meltzer notes the plan is to have the Four Horsewomen of WWE vs the Four Horsewomen of MMA. He adds that the end goal is to have Stephanie McMahon (or Charlotte Flair - although less likely) vs Ronda Rousey in a singles match at Wrestlemania

HHH, Shane and Stephanie match at Wrestlemania lol

And Roman main eventing

Fun

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

And Roman main eventing

Fun

I love how Wrestlemania has slowly been morphing from the one reliable show where the right things happen, to now where it's just Vince McMahon taking a poo poo in our mouths for 7 hours straight.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

And Roman main eventing

Fun
Alexa said in an interview that she thinks the next big goal is a women's main event at Wrestlemania. And lo, the digit on the monkey paw did curl, and the 'ownership of womens revolution on a pole' match was set in stone.

edit: I also love your avatar, because I love Dougie :kimchi:

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Oh my loving god they really are going to have Steph beat Ronda just so that Steph can get her back for that one Wrestlemania lmao

I mean, how many casual fans even remember that? It wasn't a very good segment. They could have just never mentioned it again and Steph would be fine. She is just that petty of a person lmao

Queering Wheel fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Sep 11, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

I love how Wrestlemania has slowly been morphing from the one reliable show where the right things happen, to now where it's just Vince McMahon taking a poo poo in our mouths for 7 hours straight.

It would have been better if we had just treated Mania 30 as a series finale and walked away

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

And Roman main eventing

Fun

Wait, who would Hunter and Shane be working? I'm not doubting that they could have matches, but Trips hasn't really been hinting at anything, and I doubt they can drag the Owens thing out that long for Shane.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Wait, who would Hunter and Shane be working? I'm not doubting that they could have matches, but Trips hasn't really been hinting at anything, and I doubt they can drag the Owens thing out that long for Shane.

Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke respectively

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I feel like even if Stephanie got herself a Ronda Rousey vanity match, she's not winning through anything but extreme heeling.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

oatgan posted:

Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke respectively

Ha! Hell, see if Ronda will bring Travis and he can do a spot with Hunter.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Steph vs. Emma for credit for creating the Women's R[EVOL]ution

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Dave says to expect Shayna to win at the MYC Finals, because it would give the UFC 4HW heat.

The future for Kairi at that point is unknown. :sigh:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
What was the last really effective babyface build that WWE managed? As in, intended to get someone over as a face AND got a great reaction? I'd say Nakamura in NXT, but honestly, he didn't need any build beyond being Shinsuke Nakamura, and giving them credit for not trying to actively sabotage him until he hit the main roster seems like faint praise.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's fine as long as it doesn't make Kairi look like a chump.

I doubt they did the Candice angle just to have Shayna win completely clean.

Gaz-L posted:

What was the last really effective babyface build that WWE managed? As in, intended to get someone over as a face AND got a great reaction? I'd say Nakamura in NXT, but honestly, he didn't need any build beyond being Shinsuke Nakamura, and giving them credit for not trying to actively sabotage him until he hit the main roster seems like faint praise.

Bobby Roode on Smackdown.

"Just have him use the music"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They'll do a ref stoppage from ground-and-pound, just to make it extra clear that Kairi sucks and suck all heat from the finish.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Gaz-L posted:

Finn Balor (the first time)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

They'll do a ref stoppage from ground-and-pound, just to make it extra clear that Kairi sucks and suck all heat from the finish.

bingo

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Gaz-L posted:

If we're talking WWE as a whole, I'd say DIY and/or Johnny Gargano.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

that sounds badass actually

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

tyler bate

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

oatgan posted:

that sounds badass actually

If they'd trained the audience (assuming any of them stay to watch the match) to react to stoppages, then maybe. More likely you'll get dead silence as people wonder what the gently caress just happened.

Vaguido posted:

If we're talking WWE as a whole, I'd say DIY and/or Johnny Gargano.

This is likely my fault for mentioning NXT with Nakamura, but I was meaning main roster. Though DIY is a really good example of doing it well.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
If we're talking just main roster, the last real babyface to get reactions was probably Dean Ambrose before Brock hosed his momentum. He still had good reactions after, and his WWE title run was pretty decent outside of the Dolph match, but he was super hot before WM32.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

You're going to get dead silence regardless of what you book in the 205 live time slot

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Frankston posted:

I want a remake of this promo but with Alexa and Nia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7XhwNT7U5s

this is incredible, thanks. why did they call it his White Castle of fear? theres so many things they could have called it but they settled on white castle? and didn't even have all the women there chomping down on little burgers? what the hell hahah

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Maybe try a serious gimmick next time Kairi, like friend of Ronda

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I don't know what's more silly, that the McMahon's think they're a major draw or that they think Rhonda Rousey in 2017 is a major draw. MMA fans absolutely hate the WWE and still hate Lesner and unlike WWE fans aren't likely to hate-watch the WWE after one of their people show up on the broadcast.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Well why wouldn't Vader live in a Brothel of Fear with Harley Race and a leprechaun

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

I don't know what's more silly, that the McMahon's think they're a major draw or that they think Rhonda Rousey in 2017 is a major draw. MMA fans absolutely hate the WWE and still hate Lesner and unlike WWE fans aren't likely to hate-watch the WWE after one of their people show up on the broadcast.
I'm guessing the idea is going to be, thanks to Steph's delusions of being a great heel, that MMA fans will watch something they don't care about if it means seeing a Fake Wrestler getting beat up by An Actual Fighter. Or Ronda getting cheated out of an obvious victory by a dastardly cheater. That MMA fans don't give a crap about either of those things in a wrestling context is just one of the many problems.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Ronda Rousey is a mainstream name, she is not there to attract die-hard MMA hardcores.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
MMA fans don't even give a poo poo about Rousey anymore, who's going to care about this feud except Stephanie McMahon and someone jerking off over Becky

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Always a great idea to put your Fake Wrestlers against Real Fighters, worked wonders for Inoki and New Japan in the early 2000s.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I wish I had greater influence over wrestlefans so I could organize the masses into canceling the network right before Wrestlemania

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

MMA fans don't even give a poo poo about Rousey anymore, who's going to care about this feud except Stephanie McMahon and someone jerking off over Becky

You give MMA fans too much credit.

They're excited about Batroc the Leaper.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I would make all the wrestling fans give me their money and then instruct them to walk into the ocean and never look back. In order to give Vince the biggest "kiss My pecker" statement you ever seen.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

Vince's little girl wanting a vanity match is all that matters in this situation

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I don't know what's more silly, that the McMahon's think they're a major draw or that they think Rhonda Rousey in 2017 is a major draw.

The McMahons and Rousey are both major draws

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
booking Ronda Rousey to do a match at Wrestlemania is not like Inoki New Japan

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Also keep in mind around this time last year Dave was adamant that the long term plan for the Wrestlemania women's title match was Charlotte vs Dana Brooke

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
PWInsider:

quote:

The current plan for former WWE NXT Women's champion Asuka is for her to debut on the Raw brand, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

Asuka is currently out with a collarbone injury but is slated to appear on the WWE live events in Japan next week, which are Smackdown-branded events.

WWE will be helping to promote her debut with a planned WWE Network Collection of Asuka matches, which will debut on the streaming service in October.

So Asuka will be on RAW, and probably debut at or after TLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Ronda doing the media rounds for Mania will be good for business and tapping out Stephanie (who the fans in attendance will hate) is better than bringing in an outsider for a one shot to destroy an actual wrestler