Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oddium posted:

fusion is my favorite metroid by far

It has a lot of really cool atmospheric stuff going on that I don't think it gets nearly enough credit for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
My favorite Metroid is Guacamelee with a skin that turns the character into Samus.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Saint Freak posted:

My favorite Metroid is Guacamelee with a skin that turns the character into Samus.

Same except Bayonetta

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Fusion feels too linear/I don't like that it locks you out of the other areas/they made walljumping bad/I don't care about adam

but I like the fusion suit and SA-X is cool

Super Metroid/Prime for life

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
wonder if the new Metroid is gonna be better than AM2R

that game was a pretty tight experience actually and I recommend it every chance I get

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Super Metroid is one of those few games that really is a timeless classic. Impeccable controls, great level design, still very playable in 2017.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Once they make human-game marriage legal in 2027, I'm going to marry Super Metroid

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Super Metroid but it's the Zero Mission controls

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

haveblue posted:

The adpocalypse happened because Disney sponsored Pewdiepie, Youtube was proud of having a popular star/mascot on their platform, then someone pointed out to both of them that he's actually a huge shitbird. Disney cut their ties to him and Youtube went one step further by implementing new tools in their ad services to allow ad buyers to exert more control over what sort of videos their ads get played in front of. This resulted in a lot of advertisers opting out of the edgier classifications favored by huge shitbirds and thus the revenue for those videos plummeting. It's sheer coincidence that a lot of gaming-oriented personalities are huge shitbirds.

Except that whole thing also affected non "huge shitbird" people as well. It was also lovely because it flagged for innocuous stuff like people doing a video talking about a news event being flagged as "inappropriate" (eg. a police shooting being talked about). That's kind of dumb and bad to have your system do. It also flagged people for video games stuff again, for innocuous reasons. Sure there were issues that needed addressing but the whole thing was so ham fisted by Google's incompetent coding that it did more harm than good.

Unless you think NerdCubed is a huge shitbird because of how he gets excited over Legos or something.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Sep 11, 2017

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

exquisite tea posted:

Super Metroid is one of those few games that really is a timeless classic. Impeccable controls, great level design, still very playable in 2017.

the controls are trash compared to anything modern and the item equip stuff is weird nonsense. plus the bosses suck and it's ugly. i really don't like that game

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Phantasium posted:

It has a lot of really cool atmospheric stuff going on that I don't think it gets nearly enough credit for.

I've generally seen the atmospheric stuff praised but people dislike how linear it is.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

haveblue posted:

The adpocalypse happened because Disney sponsored Pewdiepie, Youtube was proud of having a popular star/mascot on their platform, then someone pointed out to both of them that he's actually a huge shitbird. Disney cut their ties to him and Youtube went one step further by implementing new tools in their ad services to allow ad buyers to exert more control over what sort of videos their ads get played in front of. This resulted in a lot of advertisers opting out of the edgier classifications favored by huge shitbirds and thus the revenue for those videos plummeting. It's sheer coincidence that a lot of gaming-oriented personalities are huge shitbirds.

I can't stand Youtubers but that's a lot of crap and you know it. The ad-friendly stuff has been flagging all sorts of stuff just for violence and swears.

Plus I'll just come out and say it, I'll take a few random, ignorable shitbirds over corporate dictates any day of the week.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I spent all weekend playing Destiny 2 and I came back to 20 pages of posts in this thread.

I tried to read them, I really did.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

oddium posted:

the controls are trash compared to anything modern and the item equip stuff is weird nonsense. plus the bosses suck and it's ugly. i really don't like that game

I like all 3 of the holy 2d trinity but Nightmare still takes the cake for worst boss in any of those games

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

oddium posted:

Nah.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am still ill, apparently, and just read 700 posts and good grief. I thought September would be nicer to each other. Please people, lets not let our anger and fury at bad people, bad weather and bad situations devolve into madness in the chat thread. Let us love and enjoy games and talk about said games!! :D

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean, one of my Remember Me videos got flagged for "violence" because apparently the sci-fi game where you manipulate people's memories was too violent for YouTube's advertisers.

Even though the game was specifically designed around not being overly violent by Dontnod and there's little to any blood anywhere within the game. In fact you only incapacitate the baddies, you don't even kill them. :psyduck:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I didn't say they did it competently.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Instead of arguing over the best metroid game can we please agree as a collective that prime 3 was the worst in the series?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

glam rock hamhock posted:

I think Metroid doesn't come out until Friday because Nintendo like doing that for whatever reason.

Because they know gamers love a good weekend blitz

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Macarius Wrench posted:

Instead of arguing over the best metroid game can we please agree as a collective that prime 3 was the worst in the series?

That's not even the worst Metroid game on the Wii.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Macarius Wrench posted:

Are we pretending that Other M doesn't exist and also do we consider Federation Force to Not Be A Real Game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

fusion is my favorite metroid by far

It feels good to play and it has great bosses. I just don't like replaying it because of how much unskippable text there is, so I just play ZM for the millionth time instead

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

respectable

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Metroid Prime Hunters was pretty bad

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Does the dishonoured 2 PC version still run like rear end? I may have to keep an eye out for a cheap ps4 copy for some stability.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like Prime 3 because it's like fake Halo. And it introduced God's control scheme to MP and allowed for the greatest release of all time, Prime Trilogy on Wii

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Saint Freak posted:

Are we pretending that Other M doesn't exist and also do we consider Federation Force to Not Be A Real Game
Do we know that FF wasn't some completely different IP that they slapped Metroid onto half of the way through?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I will say that the gravity boss in Fusion is super cool.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

littleorv posted:

Does the dishonoured 2 PC version still run like rear end? I may have to keep an eye out for a cheap ps4 copy for some stability.

The PC stuff was mostly fixed a long time ago, either way there's a demo so you can see for yourself.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

The PC stuff was mostly fixed a long time ago, either way there's a demo so you can see for yourself.

Last I remembered there was a beta version on steam or whatever it was called and I still had memory leak issues. I'll give it another shot though since it was a long time ago now I guess.

I feel old :negative:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's been too long, I just don't care about Metroid anymore

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

haveblue posted:

Same except Bayonetta

I really like that you can constantly flip the visor up and down during cutscenes.

I like metroid games and I feel like they have a really good atmosphere most of the time. They do a great job of putting you in an alien world and just letting you explore around and take it all in and it's pretty swell.

I never played Federation Force, no desire to play it, but I really didn't like how they kept trying to push that Federation Force deserves to be a metroid game. It was like they completely misunderstood the criticism of the game's reveal and thought people were complaining about the story so they felt like they had to make sure people knew that the story proves why it is definitely a metroid game, as if the story has ever been the main draw of a metroid title.

I really don't know what the deal with that was. It really sticks out that they thought the problem was whether Federation Force "deserved" to be a metroid game or not, rather than the actual content of the game looking bad.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

LawfulWaffle posted:

I spent all weekend playing Destiny 2 and I came back to 20 pages of posts in this thread.

I tried to read them, I really did.

Yeah that's certainly a lot of content to wade through after a hollow weekend.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Ridley Scott will be the head writer for Metroid Prime 4.

He will finally reveal the origins of the Chozo and it will turn out they didn't create the Metroids after all, Ridley did.

Ridley the dinosaur not...not RIdley the Scott.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Ridley Scott will be the head writer for Metroid Prime 4.

He will finally reveal the origins of the Chozo and it will turn out they didn't create the Metroids after all, Ridley did.

Ridley the dinosaur not...not RIdley the Scott.

Will samus end up plugging in her beam cannon to one of them for some hot alien sex?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/ricksteeezy/status/907081554278490112

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh cool, Orwell is getting a 2nd season. That was a fun game and I highly recommend it if you liked Her Story or Contradiction.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

here's something quite incredible: these monsters once were edible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
I just started playing 7 Days to Die and I have to say, out of all the zombie survival games I've forced myself to try and like by wasting innumerable hours playing them, this one has been the least painful.

• Locked thread