Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

PMush Perfect posted:

Or maybe I could be a half-asleep idiot
:j:

Ignore me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Endorph posted:

trigger's made four tv anime and only one really had any real amount of fanservice

Kill La Kill's fanservice is very memorable, though, and not always in a good way. Plus there was some fanservice in the later episodes of When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

In KLK the fanservice was, at least, thematically one of the points of the show. Even if someone thinks it was in bad taste it served a specific purpose in that story.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

YF-23 posted:

In KLK the fanservice was, at least, thematically one of the points of the show. Even if someone thinks it was in bad taste it served a specific purpose in that story.

I was fine with most of the fanservice, but Raygo molesting his daughter on-screen was definitely in bad taste. It might not have been intended as fanservice, but all the previous fanservice made it come across that way.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
While the shot is definitely bad for the fanservice, what bothered me more in the moment was how bad her running form was. She's training to be a pro hero, she should be able to do better than "stereotypical unathletic girl run with flailing arms". I get that she was panicked, but come on :argh:.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

The Lord of Hats posted:

While the shot is definitely bad for the fanservice, what bothered me more in the moment was how bad her running form was. She's training to be a pro hero, she should be able to do better than "stereotypical unathletic girl run with flailing arms". I get that she was panicked, but come on :argh:.

The dumbest part of Momo's outfit IMO are the high heel boots. Even from a height perspective they're dumb because she's like the third tallest person in the class.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The titles of the three last episodes have been revealed on Twitter. They are:

Episode 36 - Stripping the Varnish

Episode 37 - Bakugo Katsuki: Origin

Episode 38 - Encounter

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Terper posted:

The titles of the three last episodes have been revealed on Twitter. They are:

Episode 36 - Stripping the Varnish

Episode 37 - Bakugo Katsuki: Origin

Episode 38 - Encounter

Any episode with Origin in the title has been great so far, and I hope they do just as good a job adapting this one.I'm very excited.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Endorph posted:

trigger's made four tv anime and only one really had any real amount of fanservice

Kill la Kill had at least 5 series worth of fanservice.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
little witch academia was one episode longer* than kill la kill and had characters wearing outfits specifically designed to avoid upskirts, counterbalancing kill la kill

*i've never watched the kill la kill ova

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

My Hero Academia Anime Thread: Nobody's Satsuki

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the kill la kill ova is good

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Man I was hoping we'd get Encounter.

That's a great hook for season 3.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

why are we hellbent on talking about what's forthcoming in the anime thread

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's badass to constantly post about cool stuff that happens later in the manga in anime threads

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cant wait for the anime to get to The Death Of All Might

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i can't wait for the part where tokoyami inherits the power of one for all, further cementing himself as the best character

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
They should have just made Mineta a girl cause all the girls in this show are boring af except for Uraraka and the male cast is just Fujoshi bait.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Tollymain posted:

cant wait for the anime to get to The Death Of All Might

Ah yes, the chapter after One More Day.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

They should have just made Mineta a girl cause all the girls in this show are boring af except for Uraraka and the male cast is just Fujoshi bait.

:thunk:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dekumom is best girl.
:smugbert:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Well, he's wrong, but Mineta as a girl would be a improvement.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Mordaedil posted:

being a gross pervert isn't really okay regardless of gender

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The All for One episode was really good

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mordaedil posted:

*She's

poo poo I forgot about Dekumom. She doesn't make up for Momo's 0 personality or The Frog Problem.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Fabricated posted:

being a gross pervert isn't really okay regardless of gender

Yeah. If you're going to complain about Mineta, suggesting a genderbend on the character isn't solving the problem.

Just leave my good friend Mineta alone.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
There's some really good fan art of girl Mineta out there, but the best bits of it are for scenes that haven't come up yet in the anime. It's a nice take on the design, and in my opinion a lot funnier than normal Mineta.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

YF-23 posted:

the specific purpose was to get me to drop it like the hottest and heaviest rock and it did that very well

Fabricated posted:

I get you but man, comparing MHA to say Yuuna/Souma/Black Clover/etc I feel kinda blessed it has all been as tame as it has. Like, Horikoshi isn't going back to add nipples to full-frontal shots in his volumes is all I'm saying- like the mangaka that does Yuuna.
I suppose this is fair as MHA is really the only "boiler plate" shonen I watch now, but it's just super disappointing going from honest stories about how not to be like your abusive father and connect with other loved ones who were hurt too, how to live up to your own expectations, how to trust yourself more and then just Yo Look At These Hot 10th Graders,

yeah i dunno it's weird!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

it's ok if mineta is a girl because it's funny and empowering when a girl thirsts for hot boys

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

it's ok if mineta is a girl because it's funny and empowering when a girl thirsts for hot boys

instead of being horikoshi's self-insert, she would be the fujo fandom self-insert

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
let girls be horny too

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Futaba Anzu posted:

Don't post my alternate universe blog

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Futaba Anzu posted:

Nina?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I think the difference is that there's something a bit less inherently bad about make a female pervert character when (especially in Japan) it's something of a taboo for women to even express that they have sexual interest at all. Still a weird thing to do with a character, but it'd be a little bit less awful.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

PMush Perfect posted:

I think the difference is that there's something a bit less inherently bad about make a female pervert character when (especially in Japan) it's something of a taboo for women to even express that they have sexual interest at all. Still a weird thing to do with a character, but it'd be a little bit less awful.
Molesting people and violating their privacy is just as bad if it's a woman doing it. Like full stop.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
The idiot otherwise child-like pervert is a classic comedy relief character. The problems with Mineta are twofold:

1. His schemes go beyond 'high school idiot pranks' and into outside sexual harassment (groping, etc.)

2 The show seems rewards his antics by burying him (and the camera) waist-deep in titty. Which is kind of weird and off-putting, I'm a show that seems to take seriously the question of heroism, of good and bad behavior.

The tone would be a little different if it was Lady Box Wine instead of Mr. Grape Juice, but the problems would remain.

Like, uh, electricity dude trying to hit on chicks and being slapped around by Jiro is a similar kind of joke and infinitely better executed. The scene where they're in the locker room, Mineta tries to peep in, gets Jiro'ed worked more or less OK too.

TLDR: Call the police on Mineta.

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Sep 12, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The locker scene with Mineta is probably the worst for me as Jiro is sad and embarrassed that she was the only girl Mineta wasn't trying to perv on, implying she would've felt better if she DID get creeped on, ending the scene with the notion that Perving On Women Is Good Because At Least It Makes Them Feel Attractive which hooooooly poo poo what. like it's the the intent probably but yeah that's probably been the worst for me

Kaminari is mostly fine, like the cheerleader outfit thing is weird but also he actually talks to the girls and they're just not interested cause he's a goober.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 12, 2017

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Moltrey posted:

The locker scene with Mineta is probably the worst for me as Jiro is sad and embarrassed that she was the only girl Mineta wasn't trying to perv on, implying she would've felt better if she DID get creeped on, ending the scene with the notion that Perving On Women Is Good Because At Least It Makes Them Feel Attractive which hooooooly poo poo what. like it's the the intent probably but yeah that's probably been the worst for me
I forgot about that part. Well, scratch that. I meant the basic structure of "he tries to peek through the hole, surprise, it's Jiro's quirk" is a superhero twist on your like basic teen comedy.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Moltrey posted:

Kaminari is mostly fine, like the cheerleader outfit thing is weird but also he actually talks to the girls and they're just not interested cause he's a goober.

I don't see how Jiro's reaction was portrayed as positive though, lots of people have self image issues and lots of people like to be seen as attractive so Jiro getting annoyed that she is ignored in favor of the other girls because she is not as buxom as them or whatever is a very realistic issue for a teenager to have. While I'm sure she doesn't want to be perved on by Mineta that doesn't change the fact that she could use his opinion on her as a baseline for how she thinks other boys look at her, now obviously that is not a good thing, but it's a very common way of thinking so it feels like realistic characterization, not an endorsement of that way of thinking. It's how that is handled in the future that really matters, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't mind if you don't care for Mineta, just don't fall for the "he'd be fine if the character were female" trap. Problematic is problematic, let's avoid the double standard.

Or we could just support my good friend and long time colleague, Mineta in his troublesome developmental years.

• Locked thread