Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think it was the annoying things like 'what's strong to poison' and mixing up Rock and Ground stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
If it wasn't in Red and Blue, it's bullshit.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Angus' post-pubescent voice in Thursday's TAZ special episode was extremely disquieting.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

there's also like 800 pokemon now so even if you have every type matchup memorized there's no way you're gonna remember the type of everything you fight unless you actually take the time to look them up

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

even though i think stuff like:

sexpig by night posted:

I think it was the annoying things like 'what's strong to poison' and mixing up Rock and Ground stuff

is total bullshit, most pokemon designs and names give you some clue as to their typing. dual-type pokemon suck for this though.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

As someone who has not watched the Nuzlocke run I think it's just kid of funny after Griffin talking about his elaborate unwinnable Pokemon gym to find out that he actually isn't that great at Pokemon, or at least is unfamiliar with the newer gen mechanics.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mikedawson posted:

As someone who has not watched the Nuzlocke run I think it's just kid of funny after Griffin talking about his elaborate unwinnable Pokemon gym to find out that he actually isn't that great at Pokemon, or at least is unfamiliar with the newer gen mechanics.

Yes, because he was 1000% serious about that.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Mikedawson posted:

Well, he did poo poo on the idea of a Bug-type gym, when Bug types are actually pretty cool.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
As someone who has watched the Nuzlocke run, it's a fun and wild ride.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/907041095581884416

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You'd think you'd see a bird goose stepping more often.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Yes, because he was 1000% serious about that.

I never said he was?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So I went to a comic con yesterday and saw a TON of TAZ cosplay. Mostly Taako, some Taako and Angus pairs. No full group of THB.
There was a couple in red robes and their daughter was Taako, voice and all. I loved it.
My GF, who has never listened, didn't understand why I was freaking out.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Today I learned that my friend is a cereal monster.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

dmboogie posted:

there's also like 800 pokemon now so even if you have every type matchup memorized there's no way you're gonna remember the type of everything you fight unless you actually take the time to look them up

Nah you just gotta care about your cute pets, the pokemons, like a real trainer would.

Also put like 500+ hours into simulator/web based comp pokemon matches like an insane person does (like me!)

Serf
May 5, 2011

Justin's review of Nier was what convinced me to buy Nier, and I was not disappointed.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/907003419310919686

"Forget fidget spinners, young people across the nation are obsessed with doing what they call "The Cronch""

-the news, soon, probably

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Sep 11, 2017

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nah you just gotta care about your cute pets, the pokemons, like a real trainer would.

Also put like 500+ hours into simulator/web based comp pokemon matches like an insane person does (like me!)

i have the capacity to care about one (1) bird per generation

i will name that bird pidgey and i will love it with all my heart. any bird that is not on my team? never heard of them

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I was at the second Boston show and some rear end in a top hat brought a sign to get picked for an audience question and just talked about his own podcast without asking a real question

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm sorry but a new scandal will soon rock Polygon.

Griffin's a goddamn thief.

https://twitter.com/Chris030898/status/907078352296607744
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/907080212969598976

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/907081504072880128

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
and for the record re the apology https://twitter.com/Chris030898/status/907080468067241984

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

inthesto posted:

I was at the second Boston show and some rear end in a top hat brought a sign to get picked for an audience question and just talked about his own podcast without asking a real question

God dammit, New York and Boston, get your poo poo together.

These shows sound like they're gonna loving suck to listen to.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

inthesto posted:

Yeah that dude sucked, and also the raccoon "question" was bad

There were some real gems in the rest of them though

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Stroop There It Is posted:

Yeah that dude sucked, and also the raccoon "question" was bad

There were some real gems in the rest of them though

The raccoon person was obviously trying to show off how funny they were, but the brothers managed to squeeze some comedy out of that one.

The podcast guy was just a total rear end and I'm not going to be sad when he gets edited out.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
DC had a person that wanted to vent about their job in a coffee shop, which was the bummer I mentioned earlier.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
The coffee shop girl was really funny IMO. She kept doing takes to the audience like Travis does when Griffin and Justin are talking. And Griffin's realization that it's the perfect situation for installing a trap door was really good.

Overall this show didn't stand up to the DC live show from last year in terms of buck-fuckin'-wild audience questions -- you know, the ep with "my dog keeps finding human remains" and "a relative whom I don't know at all gifted me a pair of tap shoes".

edit: also forgot to mention that Justin said "if you made a hole with a gun perpendicular [etc]" while asking a clarifying question to an audience question-asker and a weirdly small handful of audience members screamed uncontrollably at the They Might Be Giants reference. I felt like that should've landed better, given the crowd of total nerdlingers at that show.

prayer group fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Sep 11, 2017

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I think a lot of fans are trying really hard to be funny because they like those really funny brothers, the difference is when the brothers pick those intentionally funny questions it works out a lot better than when the audience isn't forcing unvetted ones into a live environment. I... I don't think shrimp heaven Daniel or the solo lemon flash mob guy were real. :ohdear:

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Been listening to the TAZ live show and I honestly really love it. Like all the live shows it felt a little fanservicey at times but it was still really good.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I think Neverwinter High was an amazing idea and easily could have sustained it's own arc. It's a shame it only got an hour and a half.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Mikedawson posted:

Been listening to the TAZ live show and I honestly really love it. Like all the live shows it felt a little fanservicey at times but it was still really good.
I loved that they lampshaded that, too. I thought they were all at their best and the riffing was great. Griffin's outrage at the way they bend the rules continues to be the best. I giggled that Justin and Travis could sing all of the rap from "One Week" but couldn't remember its lyrics.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

The obvious setup at "home ec" was amazing and I loved it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I feel like the episode suffered because the audience couldn't contain themselves and poo poo their pants in glee and excitement at even the merest hint of a callback or a goof.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Who What Now posted:

I feel like the episode suffered because the audience couldn't contain themselves and poo poo their pants in glee and excitement at even the merest hint of a callback or a goof.

Tbh I had the exact same reaction so I can't blame them

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The funny thing is I'm pretty sure Lycanthropy is a real spell Merle would have access to.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Who What Now posted:

They were remarkably horny for this one, to be sure

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

It kind of reminded me of the first Night Vale live show I attended. The fandom was at it's height so a lot of people were more hype than usual. Later shows I attended after the fandom died down were much more restrained. Such is the case with TAZ.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Mikedawson posted:

It kind of reminded me of the first Night Vale live show I attended. The fandom was at it's height so a lot of people were more hype than usual. Later shows I attended after the fandom died down were much more restrained. Such is the case with TAZ.

From where I'm sitting TAZ fandom has only gone up though?

Unless you mean, like, just in the last couple weeks since the Balance arc ended, but even if that's what you meant I'd disagree since the fandom still seems to be growing now

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

timp posted:

From where I'm sitting TAZ fandom has only gone up though?

Unless you mean, like, just in the last couple weeks since the Balance arc ended, but even if that's what you meant I'd disagree since the fandom still seems to be growing now

No, what I mean is I think in a year or two the live shows aren't going to be quite as hype as they were in Austin. The Balance arc just ended, and fans are likely to focus their interest on whatever new characters spring forth in whatever arc becomes the next big one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I didn't think the audience was that bad on the recording, in person it might have been too much I guess. All in all a good ep choc full of my favorite kinds of goofs.