Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Sling TV update: I upgraded to get NFL Redzone. Now I don't have ESPN or any other ESPN channels, which I watch Gator football games on. I have to downgrade to get ESPN, which means I lose NFL Redzone.

Maybe I'm wrong and not reading the packages correctly though. But if I'm right this is stupid.

You get one or the other or you pay $40 for both. There are channels that don't carry over to the $25 package from the $20 one. Disney/nick jr. swap out too, only noticed because they're between cartoon network and cnn.

I've had the weathernation free preview for like, a month now. It loving sucks and looks like weather channel from the 90s, but it's better than nothing. And they have a PAC12 package preview up for me also, not that I give a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

LingcodKilla posted:

It's not sudden. He is not on the spectrum either. It's been diagnosed as ODD and some sensory issues. The new school year could be part of the problem this weekend but it's been a smoldering fuse for about two years right now. We got a lot of family support (manly my mother in law is a retired special ed teacher and lives next door) so it's not as bad as it could be.

Also bringing coffee and wine to your kid's school teachers is almost as good as having a 504 plan but now we got both!

Take him crabbing.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mr. Mambold posted:

Take him crabbing.

Seasons over.

Besides mom might start asking questions if I use him for bait.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

You get one or the other or you pay $40 for both. There are channels that don't carry over to the $25 package from the $20 one. Disney/nick jr. swap out too, only noticed because they're between cartoon network and cnn.

I've had the weathernation free preview for like, a month now. It loving sucks and looks like weather channel from the 90s, but it's better than nothing. And they have a PAC12 package preview up for me also, not that I give a poo poo.

I guess that's still $5 less than PSVue to have both. Still lame though.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Pesticide20 posted:

New Rick and Morty was good

Yeah I had completely forgotten about that Morty so it's pretty cool what they did. Also Simple Rick and Steve Jobs Rick.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I enjoyed Cop Morty

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It also answered my question of what Stand By Me would be like if it starred only Mortys.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

tastefully arranged labia posted:

It also answered my question of what Stand By Me would be like if it starred only Mortys.

I had no idea this was a question in my life, now I really want to know.

Moving sucks I'm behind on everything.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

I've been watching old It's Always Sunny in Philly episodes.
Everything was so comparitively sane back then.
The gang solves the gas crisis is one of the top 5 sunny episodes for me.
And Devito even predicted the creepy as poo poo whats-his-name fakeDad of Dee & Dennis did in real life.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The episode where they get hooked on crack is my favorite IASIF episode

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Which time they get hooked on crack?
Dennis & Dee are cool like that.
go on welfare is the 1st time
frank has amnesia is the 2nd or 3rd time

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

cream pies

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

:dadjoke:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I assumed that you and Frank were already doing that!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

That scene kills me every time.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I want thing to up my dad game

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYq3uAmlNdH/

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Sling TV update: I upgraded to get NFL Redzone. Now I don't have ESPN or any other ESPN channels, which I watch Gator football games on. I have to downgrade to get ESPN, which means I lose NFL Redzone.

Maybe I'm wrong and not reading the packages correctly though. But if I'm right this is stupid.

We sell sling where I work and you either went with orange or blue. You can combine both at a bundle cost that you can change whenever the gently caress you want. The best deal on new sling can be had by calling in the order to get the 7 free days plus prepaying for two months in order to get the Roku stick at no cost or taking the discount on the Roku premier plus. DO NOT GET THE AIRTV ITS poo poo.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

havent heard a peep posted:

We sell sling where I work and you either went with orange or blue. You can combine both at a bundle cost that you can change whenever the gently caress you want. The best deal on new sling can be had by calling in the order to get the 7 free days plus prepaying for two months in order to get the Roku stick at no cost or taking the discount on the Roku premier plus. DO NOT GET THE AIRTV ITS poo poo.

Also you can only have one device viewing channels that are owned by Disney. I think you can have up to four on anything else.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

After work today I stopped by the grocery store to get something for dinner. You know how they tend to have those cheap dumb gossip/weight loss magazines for lonely old ladies in a stand by the register? Suddenly an older dude in front of me with a dad mustache looks at me, points at the magazines, and and informs me "what they don't tell you is how many people Hillary Clinton had assassinated!". He then went on some incoherent tangent about how Obama really holds Indonesian citizenship, was actually born in Kenya, about how there were left wing antagonists in Charlottesville wearing KKK shirts trying to frame the :airquote: nazis :airquote:, all while the lady in front us in line is having some prolonged argument with the cashier about some loving coupons or some poo poo.

I think it's Amazon Fresh and Peapod for me from here on after.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Yeah I got the roku stick package. I was running into the issue this morning and only had time to poke around the website for a couple minutes and only saw the orange and blue deals. I'll take another look here shortly.

I was really looking forward to $25/mo though :(

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Yeah Dennis and DeeGo on Welfare is the best.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Game of Games

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

That too

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Yeah I got the roku stick package. I was running into the issue this morning and only had time to poke around the website for a couple minutes and only saw the orange and blue deals. I'll take another look here shortly.

I was really looking forward to $25/mo though :(

Tell you what though since we don't get discounts since we are subcontracted (dish Network owns sling) you could sell off a share of your account similar to how a gently caress ton of us buy into Amazon prime/ Netflix accounts. Just make sure the people you sell shares to know to stay the gently caress off your channels. Also I know that the directvtv stream thing let's you get nfl Sunday ticket with an active .edu email for $80

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Tell you what though since we don't get discounts since we are subcontracted (dish Network owns sling) you could sell off a share of your account similar to how a gently caress ton of us buy into Amazon prime/ Netflix accounts. Just make sure the people you sell shares to know to stay the gently caress off your channels. Also I know that the directvtv stream thing let's you get nfl Sunday ticket with an active .edu email for $80

i am going redzone only this season since i don't have enough faith in the bucs to pay money to watch them. this will be the year they make the playoffs just to spite me.

i did something similar to what i think you're talking about with chegg. costs $15/mo and i was charging kids $5/mo to use it. i was clearing $40-50 profit every month last semester.

if you're a student and you go to a big school, you could probably clear a few hundred easy.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

You work at sling?

Can you get someone on fixing feed drops (xbox one, specifically)? I'll be at the end of an episode of whatever and the screen just goes black until I turn on the controller and back out to the menu or change the channel, meanwhile whatever episode was on next jumped feeds.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

i am going redzone only this season since i don't have enough faith in the bucs to pay money to watch them. this will be the year they make the playoffs just to spite me.

i did something similar to what i think you're talking about with chegg. costs $15/mo and i was charging kids $5/mo to use it. i was clearing $40-50 profit every month last semester.

if you're a student and you go to a big school, you could probably clear a few hundred easy.

I think I pay like $20 a year for prime access (no tv) and my last tenant has me on Netflix. Beyond that I pay $10 a month for YouTube red just so I can have the loving cellphone screen off while crushing it.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

You work at sling?

Can you get someone on fixing feed drops (xbox one, specifically)? I'll be at the end of an episode of whatever and the screen just goes black until I turn on the controller and back out to the menu or change the channel, meanwhile whatever episode was on next jumped feeds.

I work for a subcontractor of dish network that has a sales contract. I only know about sling because we run it on a few big screens and we have a team dedicated to selling it over the phone. I'll ask around if anyone on that team has the same issue to see if they found a solution but we don't do customer service in house so I'm limited. I don't have a phone or email for my team it's loving weird and cool. I can sell sling bit only if my inbounds don't qualify for anything else so lol.

Anywho glad that's your only problem. I'm giving pa a kidney in a few months hence I can't enlist lol.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I think I pay like $20 a year for prime access (no tv) and my last tenant has me on Netflix. Beyond that I pay $10 a month for YouTube red just so I can have the loving cellphone screen off while crushing it.

ProTube was like $3 and did background play. Unsurprisingly it was very recently pulled from the App Store, wonder if it'll be back

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Anywho glad that's your only problem. I'm giving pa a kidney in a few months hence I can't enlist lol.

Oh, I have leagues of problems, but that was the only consistent one with sling. Thanks though.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

After many moons rain has finally returned to the bay

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

alright which one of you in Florida were on the news:

http://i.imgur.com/rGOQ7c9.gifv

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Sep 12, 2017

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

Oh, I have leagues of problems, but that was the only consistent one with sling. Thanks though.

Buddy we talked face to face in a Walmart parking lot and then later on the bonaroo grounds you gave sage advice about how to not hate life in my 40s which as you said: kill the boozing. Then in my fortune the old guard in camp shut off the intake valve of future psychodrugs (never did them before).

Biggest bitch I have now is even though I still think workings two jobs and shoveling crippled neighbors drives builds character I still don't know what to do besides saving 90% after tax including living cost and buying a house/land outright and bringing in a vetted tenant with the purpose of covering property tax and 10% less of their technical share of the utilities as an incentive for a sweet rear end place to keep a bedroom.

Also to the other guy. Do some classic Wisconsin anticommunist poo poo with air horns and prerecorded doctrine poo poo that leads him to duck and cover/choring. It's a loving shame that he speaks in tongues while he sleeps *hint* little poo poo needs to learn the dot dot head way. I'm glad I got to drink tonight.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Buddy we talked face to face in a Walmart parking lot and then later on the bonaroo grounds you gave sage advice about how to not hate life in my 40s which as you said: kill the boozing. Then in my fortune the old guard in camp shut off the intake valve of future psychodrugs (never did them before).

Wait, I gave sage advice? Was I cooking at the time and talking about seasoning?

I kid. Man, that's been a while now. I'm having a hard time painting a picture, but I know I spent a good deal of time hanging out in walmart parking lots for bonnaroo like '07-09. Glad I managed up something helpful. Most of the time I'm talking wildly out of my rear end.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

Wait, I gave sage advice? Was I cooking at the time and talking about seasoning?

I kid. Man, that's been a while now. I'm having a hard time painting a picture, but I know I spent a good deal of time hanging out in walmart parking lots for bonnaroo like '07-09. Glad I managed up something helpful. Most of the time I'm talking wildly out of my rear end.

Straight up man. It was 09' But fuuuuck. I get shouted out of yospos as I don't code for $100k plus a year. Do we have resources for... studied for an econ degree and I hold two jobs and have a solid resume going on over ten years with 100% attendance. Where the gently caress do I go?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Anywhere you want?

Seriously, any urge to move on, start your own thing, or play it safe and retire early?

I don't know, man. Masters of our own destinies and all. Do what feels right.

Take a vacation and relax for a bit. Might be asking the wrong person altogether. I mean, I've displayed enough trainwreck qualities here that I'm probably the last persons' advice you'd want now.

I guess my going thing (on bad dates and in worsd conversations) is that money is only going to make you so happy, find another outlet to fill the void. Maybe dial it back on the job count, but that's all you.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/advil/status/907092348345241601

Mind fuckin blown

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:stare:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The biggest :stare: in that thread was the realization that my car has an arrow on the gas gauge indicating the filler cap side, I've been driving for 12 years and never noticed that.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

orange juche posted:

The biggest :stare: in that thread was the realization that my car has an arrow on the gas gauge indicating the filler cap side, I've been driving for 12 years and never noticed that.

Ok seriously?

• Locked thread