Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

"This time it's different, because you're Special" is the premise of all media ever

umm have you ever seen stand up my guy??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

You have to pay 60 dollars for this game then they constantly try to goad you into spending more money and people who buy it on the PC and XBOX one get less content for the same price

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

The speaker was a bitch and I'm not sure how is mask falling off killed him

I didn't even realize that he presumably died there until I read it in this thread and saw it again on my alt playthrough. Like I guess the Consul punches him off screen or something? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Carmant posted:

You have to pay 60 dollars for this game then they constantly try to goad you into spending more money and people who buy it on the PC and XBOX one get less content for the same price

hello bernstein

this is woodward

youre not gonna believe the scoop i just got

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Don't mind him, he just heard someone say "you're special" and well force of habit

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Carmant posted:

they constantly try to goad you into spending more money

Really?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
There is some scannable lore about the speaker in the new tower it is near the staircase(above it) on the way to ikora/clan lady/new monarchy. It basically says this is the speakers living quarters, there have been many speakers before. IIRC it was pretty vague about the fate of the traveller, I don't remember verbatim.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

What can you even buy with Real Money? Cosmetic stuff? You can get purples from the Bright Engrams but they are just jumped up 10 power greys.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's all it is and some blue powerups for armor. There's a set of armor for each class too but I wonder if it resets weekly with the ingame currency for bright stuff. Right now you can get the gloves for 800.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I think someone figured out a roundabout way to turn real money into legendary shards but no one cares because we're all swimming in those anyway. Same for the ability to buy blue mods, it's so minor it's only barely pay to win and won't matter in the endgame.

According to Reddit one of the perks you can get on eververse ghosts is +10% XP in a given destination which would be great but I'm not going to put down money for it.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Sep 11, 2017

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I know it's very early but is there a go-to Warlock build for Strikes that people have had success with? I've been getting by with Stormcaller and that Arc helm exotic but it doesn't feel great. I think someone mentioned earlier a Void build with the Void exotic helm? Do you even need one build, or have to switch a bunch during the Nightfall?

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 11, 2017

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

texaholic posted:

There is some scannable lore about the speaker in the new tower it is near the staircase(above it) on the way to ikora/clan lady/new monarchy. It basically says this is the speakers living quarters, there have been many speakers before. IIRC it was pretty vague about the fate of the traveller, I don't remember verbatim.

I wonder if they're going to expand on that last line from the Speaker, "I never said it spoke to me" or if it's just kind of a neat hint about how the last city's government works.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I got one of the ghosts from Eververse that gives you +10% XP in the crucible. Seems lame since it's exactly the same as the kill tracking ghost only it doesn't also track kills.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Carmant posted:

Hi there :wink:

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

mikeraskol posted:

I know it's very early but is there a go-to Warlock build for Strikes that people have had success with? I've been getting by with Stormcaller and that Arc helm exotic but it doesn't feel great. I think someone mentioned earlier a Void build with the Void exotic helm? Do you even need one build, or have to switch a bunch during the Nightfall?

Voidwalker devour build is really fun. Pair it with gear like Nezarec's helm that gives ability charge on void kills. Dawnblade with starfire protocol is kinda OP.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

mikeraskol posted:

I think someone mentioned earlier a Void build with the Void exotic helm?

Yes.

If you can master Blink and have average aim you don't even really need to switch it up for PvP aside from your guns.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Man, I can't choose between hard light and sweet business. One gives me every damage type and the other is a minigun.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

Avalanche posted:

So how is everyone on Bone Krew meeting up? Apparently there's a slack channel?

Ain't no boners on discord

aint no one slackin here boss, we prepping for the raid

https://i.imgur.com/WVQRxfQ.gifv

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Javes posted:

Voidwalker devour build is really fun. Pair it with gear like Nezarec's helm that gives ability charge on void kills. Dawnblade with starfire protocol is kinda OP.

Cool, I'll give that one a try tonight maybe. The only exotic armors I have are 3 helms, the Arc crown, Nezarec and the quest reward one. Would love to get a Starfire Protocol.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
So on nessus (I think??) there is an adventure that shows the cabal are "making a powder fit for a king" out of what they're mining. Dinklebot also discovers that first they turn what they're mining into a goo before it becomes powder. The patrols have you recovering empty ether containers.. are the cabal fuckin with that yayo??

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 11, 2017

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Synthocepts are really fun. I've now cleared several lost sectors just by non-stop punching guys.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hulk Krogan posted:

I wonder if they're going to expand on that last line from the Speaker, "I never said it spoke to me" or if it's just kind of a neat hint about how the last city's government works.

All of D2 suggests there isn't a government. It's some kind of meritocracy. Everyone does whatever they want and who the gently caress is going to stop them? If they got a ghost they'll just respawn if you kill them. :shrug:

Sometimes a few people with a common view get together and do some stuff together. Until they don't want to anymore.

Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

There a chance I could get a clan invite? PSN is SamuraiJakkoff

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

96 spacejam posted:

Yes.

If you can master Blink and have average aim you don't even really need to switch it up for PvP aside from your guns.

I'm pretty new and still figuring stuff out but any way you can expand a little bit on the switching guns. Obviously I understand that you mean some guns are better for pvp and some are better for pve stuff. But which are better, in your view? And are you talking a specific gun in particular?

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Hey guys, remember this?

Whatever happened to it, I wonder? SIVA fallen and that particular strike never made it to the final game. I would have thought the content was all wrapped up by the time they showed off the game for the first time. There was only mere months left to release.

I have a feeling we'll see SIVA Fallen in week 3 for the NF, but not sure what "Time warp : rings" means for tomorrow or Zero Hour for week 4.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Theres a government because Zavala, Ikora, and Cayde are the vanguards for their classes and obviously direct public works projects.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

xzzy posted:

All of D2 suggests there isn't a government. It's some kind of meritocracy. Everyone does whatever they want and who the gently caress is going to stop them? If they got a ghost they'll just respawn if you kill them. :shrug:

Sometimes a few people with a common view get together and do some stuff together. Until they don't want to anymore.

I guess they never made it clear exactly what role the Speaker plays or how much power he has but even if he's just a ceremonial figure or whatever, the implication that he's actually just full of poo poo and no one really knows what the Traveler wants is potentially interesting.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The Speaker is the space pope so he lucked out.

edit: are there any funny messages on the Tower PA like Destiny 1?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The goal of New Monarchy is to replace the government with a new monarchy so presumably it's not a monarchy right now.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

So what is Trials of the Nine exactly?

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

strangemusic posted:

So what is Trials of the Nine exactly?

Sweaty crucible for tryhards. A good mode.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

echronorian posted:

So on nessus (I think??) there is an adventure that shows the cabal are "making a powder fit for a king" out of what they're mining. Dinklebot also discovers that first they turn what they're mining into a goo before it becomes powder. The patrols have you recovering empty ether containers.. are the cabal fuckin with that yayo??

That's the backstory to the leviathan. It eats planets to convert them into wine for the royals. Not even kidding.

The pre-order emblem of a goblet/chalice is a direct reference to it

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 11, 2017

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

That's the backstory to the leviathan. It eats planets to convert them into wine for the royals. Not even kidding

Man now I really want to drink Pluto. Not like anyone's going to miss it, right?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Pluto isn't a planet you loving neanderthal

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Pluto isn't a planet you loving neanderthal

Neither is Nessus. :smug:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The real question of our time is how fast the traveler's light burst expanded. I mean if it was light speed, the pyramids won't have seen it for at least 100,000 years given the milky way has a radius of about 50,000 light years.

Answering this should tell us when Destiny 3 will be ready. Hope y'all are patient.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Hulk Krogan posted:

I guess they never made it clear exactly what role the Speaker plays or how much power he has but even if he's just a ceremonial figure or whatever, the implication that he's actually just full of poo poo and no one really knows what the Traveler wants is potentially interesting.

At least Destiny 1's plot being complete gibberish makes a lot more sense that way.

xzzy posted:

The real question of our time is how fast the traveler's light burst expanded. I mean if it was light speed, the pyramids won't have seen it for at least 100,000 years given the milky way has a radius of about 50,000 light years.

Answering this should tell us when Destiny 3 will be ready. Hope y'all are patient.

It's space magic, it probably took like five minutes. Kinda makes you wonder why anybody on Earth still wants to put up with the Traveler anymore considering it just brings a neverending rain of world-ending catastrophes down on the whole solar system.

Vatek fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Sep 11, 2017

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

That's the backstory to the leviathan. It eats planets to convert them into wine for the royals. Not even kidding.

The pre-order emblem of a goblet/chalice is a direct reference to it

drat that owns

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

xzzy posted:

NERD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Should I make a second titan so I can get more stuff

I mean I wouldn't make a hunter then but that's also a pro