Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

It's good that D2 explains how to jump high as a Warlock. I don't remember the first game explaining that and I thought the Warlock jump was garbage for the first few hours. Taptap!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Vintersorg posted:

Warlock jumping for life. So good it makes the hunt for the captain on the rocks easy as pie. I wouldn't think any jump sucks so Fishbulb you're weird. :cheeky:

Jump Bad so what

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
if it makes you guys feel any better i just got the achievement for 15 exotics

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

White Men and Warlocks Can't Jump, a Croata Jonze Joint

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Father Wendigo posted:

I'm still pretty sure they'll use Cum Ghost Colossus Gahul as a raid boss at some point. They wouldn't spend all that time in the code mines to give him the spoogified effects and only use it on a cutscene you can skip.

Behold my perfectly crafted Semen Lord! 5,000 hours, $50,000 in advanced shaders and digital materials! You may weep in awe if you wish. *player presses B*

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Can you invite iF4rt3d on Xbone to Big Dumb Spacemen ty

Kinuven
Dec 9, 2004

I'm getting my men.
Please send a PS4 clan invite to kinuven

Thanks!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Please invite psn: angryavatar as well, thanks!

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
So the resources that are spread around the zones. We just turn those in for rep now right? We don't have to gather an insane an amount of them to upgrade weapons and armor right?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

AnElegantPeacock posted:

So the resources that are spread around the zones. We just turn those in for rep now right? We don't have to gather an insane an amount of them to upgrade weapons and armor right?

You don't even have to upgrade weapons and armors at all!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Yeah. Not having to level stuff up is the best

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Correct. And the tokens are really easy to get so you don't really have to go searching for them like in the first game.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
And unless there's some super optimal resilience/mobility/recovery spread, it seems like Armor is purely cosmetic now. I don't understand these complaints that shaders will be scrapped "once I find a better piece of armor"

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

FishBulb posted:

You don't even have to upgrade weapons and armors at all!

Sick. I'm gonna get the Full EDZ set for my Hunter and look like a S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Beat the Nightfall, got Wings of Sacred Dawn from a drop in said nightfall in addition to a heckin bunch of other good stuff including TWO Wicked Sisters from Zavala afterward from all the coins. I am a happy camper. Thanks goonfriends for being the best people to run really fast up an elevator with.

Mummy Brigade
Sep 12, 2004

Jeez. You're kind of a bitch.
Sent a request to join Bigg Dumbb Space Mans. PSN: MummyBrigade

Also, can't wait to test the Borealis out in this week's Nightfall. Gotta run it tomorrow night before the reset.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

And unless there's some super optimal resilience/mobility/recovery spread, it seems like Armor is purely cosmetic now. I don't understand these complaints that shaders will be scrapped "once I find a better piece of armor"

There probably is, and given that armor can't be fully adapated for the 3 stats it's probably worth having the "crucible set" again.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
:siren:

Hey warlocks, just got a Starfire Protocol and in addition to the extra fusion nade, a fusion nade kill completely refills your rift charge.

Seems extremely good for raiding imho. Extremely.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Admittedly I'm new to Destiny and dumb as hell, but don't exotic pieces have special effects that you're going to want for some of the harder content? I actually don't like the look of most exotic armor I've seen so far, so if I can just roll with a cool-looking legendary piece and infuse it and not be a terrible anchor dragging everyone down in endgame content, that would be pretty cool.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Admittedly I'm new to Destiny and dumb as hell, but don't exotic pieces have special effects that you're going to want for some of the harder content? I actually don't like the look of most exotic armor I've seen so far, so if I can just roll with a cool-looking legendary piece and infuse it and not be a terrible anchor dragging everyone down in endgame content, that would be pretty cool.

You can only wear one piece of exotic armor at a time, so odds are you'll find one that works really well for your play style and feed it a bunch of the legendaries the game barfs at you.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

To be fair, "mandatory equipment" for raids in D1 were for one of two reasons 1) you were doing some sort of gimmick or special ability, like having Touch of Malice for the sisters in the KF raid, or b) you were making up for people being terrible at the game who needed to have the game on easy mode, such as requiring everyone in your raid group to have Gjally or Sleeper.

So like, go with whatever you like best and don't worry about it. poo poo like that will be figured out later but if you are a good player who can listen and coordinate well you will probably do well no matter what.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

any leaks or rumors as to how much Xur's gear will cost?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I like how the campaign's ending pans to the Reef for a bit because the campaign forgot about them. :v:

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I just caved in and got this game. Please send a clan invite to PSN: DivisionPost. Thanks!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hey, I got Coldheart but my brother didn't. We both beat the game and are level 20. What gives?

grissenko
Jan 18, 2006

Oh he's so pringles. Where yo curleh mustache at?!
Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

Hey, I got Coldheart but my brother didn't. We both beat the game and are level 20. What gives?

Coldheart is a preorder item that you get after you finish the story and are level 20. Did you both preorder? If so, it might just take logging out and back in, for whatever reason it takes a bit for some people and not for others.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I didn't preorder and I got coldheart after beating the campaign. Did I just get lucky?

grissenko
Jan 18, 2006

Fun Shoe

nachos posted:

I didn't preorder and I got coldheart after beating the campaign. Did I just get lucky?

I've heard that a number of people got it that didn't preorder. Since it was in the game box, it might have ended up being a "Day 1 Edition" sort of thing and not really a preorder. But you could just be lucky, too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

grissenko posted:

Coldheart is a preorder item that you get after you finish the story and are level 20. Did you both preorder? If so, it might just take logging out and back in, for whatever reason it takes a bit for some people and not for others.

Yep, though I did it digitally.

Also sweet I got the Skullfort! Too bad Shoulder Charge can't kill.

e: Also lol that a preorder weapon is a sword you get right as you get another sword.

grissenko
Jan 18, 2006

Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

Yep, though I did it digitally.

Also sweet I got the Skullfort! Too bad Shoulder Charge can't kill.

It might just be slow. Try the logging in and out thing, and if that doesn't work, maybe give it a day. If it's not there by tomorrow, submit a ticket, there are others having issues getting theirs.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Yeah I can't imagine that being good for PVP but it's awesome in PVE.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

RBA Starblade posted:

I like how the campaign's ending pans to the Reef for a bit because the campaign forgot about them. :v:

My favourite bit was when it panned to Saturn and you can see Oryx's dreadnought and the bigass hole in the rings is still there. I want to say you can see it from Titan too but that may have just been a shadow from one of the other moons.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
So how is everyone on Bone Krew meeting up? Apparently there's a slack channel?

Ain't no boners on discord

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Avalanche posted:

So how is everyone on Bone Krew meeting up? Apparently there's a slack channel?

Ain't no boners on discord

Gotta post your stats..

grissenko
Jan 18, 2006

Fun Shoe
Effing Forzathon is eating into my Destiny time! Don't these people know there are more important things to do this weekend than drift like a child?!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

My favourite bit was when it panned to Saturn and you can see Oryx's dreadnought and the bigass hole in the rings is still there. I want to say you can see it from Titan too but that may have just been a shadow from one of the other moons.

I also liked that some of the no-name guardians towards the end of the game retaking the City are in old raid gear. Someone was wearing a Vex head. :3:

RIP Speaker. You never told us anything but were probably an okay dude. I avenged him by throwing my shield at Ghaul and donking him in the head. :v:

I now have six exotic weapons and two exotic armors, god drat. I remember it took ages to get anything that wasn't from Xur in D1.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

el B posted:

Gotta post your stats..

11" length, 5" girth.

grissenko
Jan 18, 2006

Fun Shoe

Avalanche posted:

11" length, 5" girth.

Seems legit.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

grissenko posted:

Seems legit.

It was longer, but some tearin happened while rippin.

(sent a pm to wrecks box one per instructions on bungie clan thingy. Xbox name: Chewie B)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grissenko
Jan 18, 2006

Fun Shoe

Avalanche posted:

It was longer, but some tearin happened while rippin.

(sent a pm to wrecks box one per instructions on bungie clan thingy. Xbox name: Chewie B)

That can happen with tearin and rippin.