Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Not Crazy Cat Lady Yorick, never going to buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Those both look incredibly good. I'm already calling that beekeeper skin a 1850 one

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

misguided rage posted:

uh why the gently caress is he leaving a trail of honey instead of a trail of angry bees. that's supremely hosed up

He's spraying the honey during his ult, but his basic Poison Trail is a yellow cloud with bees in it if you watch the video closely.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Vermain posted:

He's spraying the honey during his ult, but his basic Poison Trail is a yellow cloud with bees in it if you watch the video closely.
I guess but that's still not as good as a yellow cloud made of bees.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

misguided rage posted:

uh why the gently caress is he leaving a trail of honey instead of a trail of angry bees. that's supremely hosed up

hey, bees cant feel anger. its science and you might know this if you would listen to neil degrass tyson

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Is Vi super weak right now or something? I feel like I explode instantly and do no damage

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

RC Cola posted:

Is Vi super weak right now or something? I feel like I explode instantly and do no damage

You just have to pick one of the two.

Also her playstyle is binary and if she misses q early game she's 100% useless.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

RC Cola posted:

I have a 75% win rate with her this season, so I'm going with no. I'll edit this post soon with build and other info

Let me preface this by saying I am in silver.

Yeah you can definitely explode if you whiff a punch at the wrong time. I like going 12/0/18 with Heart of the Colossus for the extra durability. I know some people like Thunderlords on her, but I guess I'm not that confident. The big shield from HoC is huge for those early game fights.

I take AD Reds, Armor Yellows, MR Blues, and AS Blacks. I haven't done any experimentation here.

I usually go bottom side buff, wolves, top buff, then head directly the enemy buff camp across the one I just cleared. Most of the time I manage to get some combination of the buff, their flash, or a kill.

She is pretty binary in ganking, your Q has to either connect or burn flash. Q, AA, E is big damage unless you are way behind or not itemizing for AD or something. I go W, E, Q then Q>E>W. Red Smite+Red Buff makes this even better.

I start machete+3 pots, then rush Warhammer into Red Smite: Warrior enchantment. After that it is TriForce unless we're getting dumpstered then it doesn't usually matter. After Trinity, it depends. Sometimes I get Cleaver, other games it's Sterak's. Doesn't seem to be hugely important, but I am down here in Silver.

I try to focus on doing camps and messing with their jungler unless one of the lanes looks favorable. It's not too hard to drag most lanes to a decent gank on the strength of Vault Breaker and Assault and Battery.

Rygar201 fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 11, 2017

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

RC Cola posted:

Vi is a pretty unremarkable low-skillcap jungler (not a diss, I love playing Vi). Like any damage jungler, you just have to pick your moments and can't fight when you don't have a numbers advantage or don't have any of hp/mana/cooldowns. If you have flash-ult up and your midlaner isn't falling asleep, their midlaner is basically dead even if they're two pixels from their tower.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Missed chance to call the skin Stinged. 0/10

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shelvocke thats because 'The Stinger' is legendary Georgia wrestler 'Sting' a surfer character who was popular in the 1990s south and his skin when its finally sold by riot will sell like gangbusters. and its an Ezreal skin

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
I can't believe they are finally doing beekeeper singed. I have wanted this for years.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Taitale posted:

I can't believe they are finally doing beekeeper singed. I have wanted this for years.

Pizza delivery sivir when

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Luna Was Here posted:

Pizza delivery sivir when
They had the skin partially completed but then scrapped it because at the time they wanted to focus on "serious skins" that "Fit the theme of League of Legends" which I guess isn't an issue in a post Pug'Maw world

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Rygar201 posted:

I have a 75% win rate with her this season, so I'm going with no. I'll edit this post soon with build and other info

Yeah you can definitely explode if you whiff a punch at the wrong time. I like going 12/0/18 with Heart of the Colossus for the extra durability. I know some people like Thunderlords on her, but I guess I'm not that confident. The big shield from HoC is huge for those early game fights.

I take AD Reds, Armor Yellows, MR Blues, and AS Blacks. I haven't done any experimentation here.

I usually go bottom side buff, wolves, top buff, then head directly the enemy buff camp across the one I just cleared. Most of the time I manage to get some combination of the buff, their flash, or a kill.

She is pretty binary in ganking, your Q has to either connect or burn flash. Q, AA, E is big damage unless you are way behind or not itemizing for AD or something. I go W, E, Q then Q>E>W. Red Smite+Red Buff makes this even better.

I start machete+3 pots, then rush Warhammer into Red Smite: Warrior enchantment. After that it is TriForce unless we're getting dumpstered then it doesn't usually matter. After Trinity, it depends. Sometimes I get Cleaver, other games it's Sterak's. Doesn't seem to be hugely important, but I am down here in Silver.

I try to focus on doing camps and messing with their jungler unless one of the lanes looks favorable. It's not too hard to drag most lanes to a decent gank on the strength of Vault Breaker and Assault and Battery.

Usually Gold player, silver this season after playing a total of maybe 60 games the last 3 seasons. Maybe it's just not knowing what any of these new champs do.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Rygar201 posted:

The buff->camp->buff->invade pattern doesn't really work above silver unless you're playing against some garbage champ that doesn't belong in the jungle. Either they mirror your route, going buff->camp-> buff and you're just staring at each other, or they're just now getting to the camp and you're in an even 1v1, except that their teammates are closer than yours. (Playing Willump for years, you have to understand when you're totally on your own, and when their laners can just loving kill you.)

Also, there are plenty of champs that will just straight up kill you: Lee, Kha, Kayn, etc

Your ganking is pretty dependent on whether your flash is up. If you're level three with double buffs and have flash and they're halfway into the lane, they're probably either dead or chunked out. I would gank then, planning on using flash, then farming up till 6 and looking for ganks when you have ult.

Minor itemization notes: her clear is so healthy that there's no reason to do 3pot instead of refillable. Also, warriors -> trinity -> cleaver is 50% CDR, so don't do that.

This is just personal preference, but I run the same runes I do on Lee Sin and Kha: AD quints/reds, armor yellows, six scaling CDR blues and three flat MR, so that you have 40% CDR with warrior + trinity or warrior + cleaver.

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Sep 11, 2017

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

RC Cola posted:

Usually Gold player, silver this season after playing a total of maybe 60 games the last 3 seasons. Maybe it's just not knowing what any of these new champs do.

Spend more time watching lanes when you're jungling as her. There's no reason to stare at your champ when you're walking through the jungle, and even while clearing camps, all you're doing is using E. If you gank a lane that blew flash and is below 2/3HP it's preeetty hard to gently caress it up.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I guess I should buy scaling CDR blues now that they're like 10 IP a piece.

How do you like Kha this season KCW? I got him to mastery 7 earlier but haven't played him much sense.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Rygar201 posted:

I guess I should buy scaling CDR blues now that they're like 10 IP a piece.

How do you like Kha this season KCW? I got him to mastery 7 earlier but haven't played him much sense.

I suck rear end at duelist/assassin junglers so I'm like low-Gold-caliber on Kha, but he seems really good. As always, he snowballs super hard so you gotta be super on point in your early game.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I just tried proxy Singed (a la singed420) for the first time in 7 years of playing this game and did most damage, tanked most damage, had most gold and minions and went 2/9/19.

This should not work.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
What are people's thoughts on going tank supps and getting ardent after ss + fotm (obviously with bond of stone). I've been trying it out as braum + random other tank supps and it seems surprisingly effective, you still feel tanky enough to do your job but the damage comes in nice and fast after landing a q or w/e.

Locket is next item if the game goes that long (usually not) then just fill out appropriate resistance or snag a warmogs.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

What are people's thoughts on going tank supps and getting ardent after ss + fotm (obviously with bond of stone). I've been trying it out as braum + random other tank supps and it seems surprisingly effective, you still feel tanky enough to do your job but the damage comes in nice and fast after landing a q or w/e.

Locket is next item if the game goes that long (usually not) then just fill out appropriate resistance or snag a warmogs.

Oof, that's a good question. I've long been an advocate of Just Build The Broken Items, regardless of champ. Whether getting Ardent on Braum is worth it though... that might be too far, even for me. I certainly don't want to build it on Thresh, because if you don't build him tank he just explodes whenever you try to make a play.

It's kind of a cop-out, but I'd if you decide that Ardent Censer is still so busted that you have to build it on tank supports, then I'd say just play the supports that don't require BoS gimmickry for it to work: Taric, Alistar, Rakan. Plus, those guys have legit AP scaling, unlike Braum (yes I know his ult does scale)

If you locked me into a ranked game right now though and I was required to play Braum... nah, I wouldn't get Ardent. You're giving up your entire keystone to the gimmick, and the items are absolute trash until they're completed (and you're a support, so you'll have tons of time with just components in your inventory).

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

I just tried proxy Singed (a la singed420) for the first time in 7 years of playing this game and did most damage, tanked most damage, had most gold and minions and went 2/9/19.

This should not work.

it seems bad but if you look at what it is doing it is just like the easiest way to play top lane well. get a lot of cs, put a ton of pressure on towers, and become really hard to kill while also being threatening enough that they are forced to send multiple people to deal with you. proxy singed is just like the cheat code way to do those things without actually having to outplay your opponent

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It's kind of nice because instead of having to outplay people you just kind of run away and they outplay themselves

It seems like the most antisocial people would enjoy this, so as a goon, I'm all for it

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
New Xin Zhao update:

quote:

Summary of changes
New Passive - Determination
  • The passive portion of Battlecry (every third hit deals bonus damage and heals Xin) was transferred to the overall passive for his kit.
New W - “Wind Becomes Lightning”
  • This is a 2 part flowing attack with his spear that includes a sweeping slash in front of Xin, followed by a long-range thrust.
  • Slash - deals damage in a cone in front of Xin.
  • Thrust - deals higher damage at long range and slows targets hit for 1.5 seconds.

E modified
  • The attack speed steroid that Battlecry provided is now rewarded after dashing to targets with E (Audacious Charge)
R modified- now called “Crescent Guard”
  • Xin Zhao’s ultimate is still an instant cast sweeping circle that knocks enemies back and deals damage. The knockback still excludes the last target he dashed to or attacked.
  • NEW: For 3 seconds after casting Crescent Guard, Xin Zhao creates a zone around himself and will block damage dealt to him from champions outside of his guard area. The duration of this stance is extended slightly every time Xin Zhao attacks an enemy champion.

The overall goal of this change was to allow Xin Zhao to knock enemies back (besides his primary target) and become immune to damage from anyone outside of the circle attacking him so he can have his 1v1 with his primary target - at least until enemies walk back into the circle to attack him.
And lastly, it’s worth noting that he’s received a number of new animations, sound effects, visual effects, and even icons. The overall scope of this update wasn’t the same as a full-blown VGU like Warwick, for example, but we did take this opportunity to improve the quality of a lot of his visuals and sounds.

Source

It doesn't seem like enough to me to make him competitive but ok

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 12, 2017

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

New Xin Zhao update:

It doesn't seem like enough to me to make him competitive but ok

I think they're content at this point to have a relatively stable roster of competitive/pro picks with some occasional cycling depending on meta shifts, and then a bunch of champs like Annie, Garen, Urgot, Heimerdinger, etc. who scratch some particular playstyle/aesthetic itch and are viable without ever really moving into the meta. I think those changes make him more interesting and give him some more power, and that's probably all they're really aiming for.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
They don't want champs without skill shots or big flashy crap to be competitively viable.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

kingcobweb posted:

Oof, that's a good question. I've long been an advocate of Just Build The Broken Items, regardless of champ. Whether getting Ardent on Braum is worth it though... that might be too far, even for me. I certainly don't want to build it on Thresh, because if you don't build him tank he just explodes whenever you try to make a play.

It's kind of a cop-out, but I'd if you decide that Ardent Censer is still so busted that you have to build it on tank supports, then I'd say just play the supports that don't require BoS gimmickry for it to work: Taric, Alistar, Rakan. Plus, those guys have legit AP scaling, unlike Braum (yes I know his ult does scale)

If you locked me into a ranked game right now though and I was required to play Braum... nah, I wouldn't get Ardent. You're giving up your entire keystone to the gimmick, and the items are absolute trash until they're completed (and you're a support, so you'll have tons of time with just components in your inventory).

I dunno if you're giving up your whole keystone, I've found cotc kinda wonky on braum because unlike every other tank supp he doesn't get the bubble with his engage, it comes mid fight after the stun. This makes his lane trades kinda janky and weak compared to like an ali combo, it basically only is effective when you're all inning. Even without ardent I think I'd take bond over cotc for the %health (that always works) and giving your adc heals off your q.

The 10% extra shielding on ardent also combos well with fotm/locket, and unlike thresh braum has p good tank stats in general (i usually just go scaling armor/mr/health on him). Whether it's worth it over a knights vow or simply rushing locket faster is where I'm mixed. Ali does need BoS for it to work too, he doesn't have the aoe heal anymore and no way you're counting on his 7 minion passive to consistently proc in fights haha.

fwiw i do agree you're better off just playing janna/nami if you really want to focus on AC procs but I was more wondering if your team could use a tank supp if people thought it was viable to still build it.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

So the ult makes a wind wall in front of Xin? That seems kinda nice if it's like that and it isolates people? Nothing super fancy but wherever

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I don't think it's just in front of him

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Servaetes posted:

So the ult makes a wind wall in front of Xin? That seems kinda nice if it's like that and it isolates people? Nothing super fancy but wherever

It's not a wind wall, it's just 'don't take damage'

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
This is the first update that I don't really want to happen. Xin seems fine to me

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

This is the first update that I don't really want to happen. Xin seems fine to me
He's still going to play almost exactly the same though. They're just adding to his kit and giving him damage on his W instead of a steroid

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

I dunno if you're giving up your whole keystone, I've found cotc kinda wonky on braum because unlike every other tank supp he doesn't get the bubble with his engage, it comes mid fight after the stun. This makes his lane trades kinda janky and weak compared to like an ali combo, it basically only is effective when you're all inning. Even without ardent I think I'd take bond over cotc for the %health (that always works) and giving your adc heals off your q.

The 10% extra shielding on ardent also combos well with fotm/locket, and unlike thresh braum has p good tank stats in general (i usually just go scaling armor/mr/health on him). Whether it's worth it over a knights vow or simply rushing locket faster is where I'm mixed. Ali does need BoS for it to work too, he doesn't have the aoe heal anymore and no way you're counting on his 7 minion passive to consistently proc in fights haha.

fwiw i do agree you're better off just playing janna/nami if you really want to focus on AC procs but I was more wondering if your team could use a tank supp if people thought it was viable to still build it.

You're underselling Alistar's healing! It's not just minion deaths that add a stack, it's any time he CC's someone, and it instantly pops whenever a nearby enemy champ dies.

...but yes you would need BoS on him too

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

They had the skin partially completed but then scrapped it because at the time they wanted to focus on "serious skins" that "Fit the theme of League of Legends" which I guess isn't an issue in a post Pug'Maw world

the only problem with Pug'Maw is that it should have been Pug'gath.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Getting super loving tired of Ardent Censer Meta, man

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Servaetes posted:

Getting super loving tired of Ardent Censer Meta, man

I really, really want them to take another pass at support itemization during preseason. The buffs to Ardent were entirely because everyone just went Redemption first item, so they buffed Ardent to make it a viable choice... and now everyone goes Ardent first item instead. It removes a lot of the nuance from itemization, because you're almost always going to get the same 3 items every single game in roughly the same order, with the only variance being how fast you get them.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
dont listen to him, hes a pantheon player

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

its curtains for Kevin posted:

dont listen to him, hes a pantheon player

I play pretty much nothing except Ardent supports and I'm drat tired of it. Give me choices, Riot!! *bangs knife and fork on table*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Vermain posted:

I really, really want them to take another pass at support itemization during preseason. The buffs to Ardent were entirely because everyone just went Redemption first item, so they buffed Ardent to make it a viable choice... and now everyone goes Ardent first item instead. It removes a lot of the nuance from itemization, because you're almost always going to get the same 3 items every single game in roughly the same order, with the only variance being how fast you get them.

Athene's is p cool and I really do try to make it work but it always ends up worse than just going ardent. Maybe they could add 10% shielding/healing onto it or something, I feel like if nami can't justify it (and she's prolly the best with it cause her w is always gonna passively rack up the boosted healing in fights, even in just one cast it's nice to have that boost on a bounce) then it's just too weak.

• Locked thread