Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

My C&C:
  • Hair should be brown on top and grey on the sides with a clear separation between the two
  • No tie
  • Less of a chin/more chins
  • Bigger nose
  • Eyebrows a bit lighter and more rectangular
  • Bigger bags underneath eyes
  • Right eye should be less Sloth-like
yeah I was going to do some changes but honestly I'm stretched on budget and time and not everything can be perfect

just wait until you see Idrissa, the spaceship you can bang

cummin to steam soon(tm)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

TheAgent posted:

yeah I was going to do some changes but honestly I'm stretched on budget and time and not everything can be perfect

cummin to steam soon(tm)

Can't loving wait :allears:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

AP posted:

He thinks CIG made a tiny room system inside his space helmet and feeds oxygen into it from a tank on his spacesuit.
In his defense, that is is a very CIG thing to do.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

TheAgent posted:

cummin to steam soon(tm)
Are you having this commissioned?
:laffo:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

Listen to this explanation of the stamina system.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/174050227?t=26m53s

Just listen to it, he thinks CIG is inventing all kinds of complicated poo poo for something really simple, that guy isn't all there.

I am on a phone and came in a couple minutes early to hear him expressing unabashed excitement about CIG's plans to give clothing real "flow". They will flutter one day and this is thrilling. Remember that clothing choices will one day serve as triggers for NPC-generated missions.

So much vision on display it gave me revelatory flashbacks.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

Are you having this commissioned?
:laffo:
I originally had my hand drawn person sticks but I got super drunk one night and started throwing thousands of dollars at artists

waiting to see lando and a few other characters before approving the $400 fuckable spaceships

backgrounds are trucking along too

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
still hope it's up on Steam before citcon but for sure ill have a streamable demo to beet and a few others around then

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Wow what a car crash interview. He basically took the time to explain how everything he has been criticised for is 100% correct.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Gamechanger is so obviously an outpost/station builder ala X3 it's silly.

CIG are groundbreaking, if you ignore other games that have done the same thing of course.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

TheAgent posted:

still hope it's up on Steam before citcon but for sure ill have a streamable demo to beet and a few others around then

:popeye:

Dont play with my heart like this

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait what the gently caress star citizen is coming to steam early access?

holy poo poo

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Agent Citizen is cumming to early access on Steam

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

I love you guys

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc9b2oK3boU&t=615s

This game changer thing. (Very big ship, so expensive, my guess would be base builder concept)

When Ben tells her it's a ship that is a big deal and he's not exaggerating, she clasps her hands together and bounces up and down like a 12-year old who has been told they're going to the ranch and she's can pick any pony she likes.

"I'm so excited!" she whispers.

…to pay money for a description and picture of an idea of a ship with no ETA that will be playable in a game with no ETA.

Backers, get a refund and use some of the money to buy

and then allow yourself to turn the pages once a month. This will give you THE EXACT SAME EXPERIENCE that you are getting out of Star Citizen right now.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

TheAgent posted:

dev update
  • 4 characters back from artist, final art approved
  • total of 8 characters left to design and complete
  • still need simple animations/facial expressions/poses (might be outside of budget before early access)
  • first background for crowd imperial games office (day) complete
  • more than 20 more backgrounds to go, including exterior / interior port ostagar and interior stimpire ship
  • 25% of the writing done on first pass playthrough
  • basic choices and stats still NYI, after first pass
  • entire basic design / plot flowchart 100% complete
  • 6 new music tracks, including "full verse" (ewe2 I should really get you to do the credit song)
  • voice acting is out of budget for EA release, but something being considered
  • tons of inside thread SC jokes / bad dad jokes
  • includes your favorite space denizen personalities, including streamers, employees, thread regulars and 100% totally fuckable spaceships
steam EA should be before Citcon this year
:eyepop:
This was a real post.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

This is a good click.

two one weeks!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/907355031225151488

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, the star citizen parody dating sim is real?!
I cant wait to see the steam trailer.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

:eyepop:
This was a real post.
yea, my whole goal is to release a pretty much bug free, multiple branching and complete game, including outsourced artwork and maybe some programming, within a narrow budget and release it on Steam before 3.0 hits the PU

I'm for real making Love Pledge, it's cost a lot so far and my gal thinks I'm crazy and wants a new bedroom set instead of anime pictures so I have to put something out so I should stop playing destiny 2

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://clips.twitch.tv/FantasticYummyJellyfishSMOrc

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

My dev source (different from the agent's btw) is being a bit tight-lipped about what's coming down the pipeline. I'm sorry my original estimates about june/july didn't pan out. It was the original plan but all go for a gamescom release (from what I hear). Plus, there's a great surprise that people don't know about that should be packaged with the 3.0 release. Here's hoping.

It looks like the "great surprise" is a base building concept ship sale.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Pharohman777 posted:

Wait, the star citizen parody dating sim is real?!
I cant wait to see the steam trailer.
there will be dev diaries and not trailers, since I want to be real with my fans

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I sent you a PM. I'll fix Chris for free if I don't have to attempt to animate his hands wildly.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I should mentioned I've also stupidly and drunkingly hired actors from I'm Chapman College (which Sandi knows all about) to play devs in Germany, Thailand, Russia, Texas and santa Monica

so instead of paying off my car I am doing this. I should stop drinking

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AP posted:

It looks like the "great surprise" is a base building concept ship sale.

I thought it was grabby faces

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

TheAgent posted:

yea, my whole goal is to release a pretty much bug free, multiple branching and complete game, including outsourced artwork and maybe some programming, within a narrow budget and release it on Steam before 3.0 hits the PU

I'm for real making Love Pledge, it's cost a lot so far and my gal thinks I'm crazy and wants a new bedroom set instead of anime pictures so I have to put something out so I should stop playing destiny 2

No way :allears:. If you include Tony Z please make sure you've informed the artist to include his thousand-yard, broken man stare.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You might be right, moma can you confirm which poo poo surprise is the "great" one?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Latin Pheonix posted:

No way :allears:. If you include Tony Z please make sure you've informed the artist to include his thousand-yard, broken man stare.

that's Brian chambers!

and yes, there's a character named Bryan who is in the game and plays an important role

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

TheAgent posted:

that's Brian chambers!

and yes, there's a character named Bryan who is in the game and plays an important role

Oh whoops, you're right, no idea where that came from!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I'm still convinced that was originally their big surprise

But when Chris saw the crowds reaction he texted Ben and told him to start working on a new ship

So Ben spent day and night eating as much as he could. Finally , after 4 days straight. His body produced the newest concept ship

And it will cost $3,000 United States dollars

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

TheAgent posted:

that's Brian chambers!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/907374617286901763

TOS has had more updates than the game.

Mind you they can't do it now because Derek has mentioned it.

AP fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Sep 11, 2017

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Latin Pheonix posted:

Oh yeah, if that's the case then yeah, I can't imagine there'd be any issue blocking him from using the CIG Rights company to house his new ideas, whether they're actually good ideas would be another matter entirely :cheeky:.

That said, I'll put on my Coutts hat and try to see things from their perspective: The whole IP thing is basically Coutts making sure that either they get their money back or CIG cannot develop the game any further should they fail to pay back the loan. The IP itself might have no artistic or commercial value, but CIG need the IP to continue developing SC/F42. Coutts demanding the game's IP is essentially their way of making sure that CIG don't just default on their loan and keep on merrily developing SC/S42; if they default, they lose the ability to continue working on SC/S42, full-stop. CIG may be able to start up a new game but it would have to be completely new and separate from SC/S42.

To briefly expand on your point about SC's IP; yes it's derivative and not really original (definitely no argument from me there!), but there's a ton of IP buried in it that CIG would need to continue development. As a simple example, each ship would have its own design/sound/literary rights attached to it, including coding as to how it behaves, so there's a bunch of unimaginative but nonetheless vital IP in the project that CIG would need to continue functioning. Even the list of backers would have a form of database right in the UK.

So yeah, CR could just default on the loan, walk away and try to dream up some new IP completely unrelated to SC/S42, but they would not be able to use anything that they worked on for the past 5 years. It also would not be totally unexpected if they made a new, similar game (say 'Solar Commodore'), that whoever holds the IP would sue the crap out of them for breach of said rights if Solar Commodore has somewhat similar aspects to Star Citizen (even if they have no intention of developing Star Citizen).

Also one last thing to highlight: one of the IP rights that CIG currently has (for now) is the literary copyright for all the code they've written; this includes stuff like 64-bit positioning, 'megamap' tech, any dynamic sound code they've written, planetary tech, physics nesting, etc, etc. So if CIG defaults on this loan and the literary copyright of the code goes to Coutts, none of the code would be usable by Crobberts and crew in the future without Coutts' (or whoever they sold it to's) say so.

This sounds good to me. :hfive:

If they can't even build another space game that's probably good then; since it could be derivative of SC. Though the code thing isn't as critical because since day zero when they just had arena Commander it hasn't exactly changed a whole lot for the better. :3:

I just hope CR and family don't get away with all the money. That would be the biggest anti-Disney ending possible that would break my lil heart. Though I can't help but feel like it is the most realistic to happen. CIG shuts down and CR just says a final "whoops we tried guys lol!" and drives off into the sunset in a new Porsche with millions in the bank and nothing to worry about except which Monaco cruise he's going to be going on this month.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

alphabettitouretti posted:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-29-star-citizen-would-be-the-worst-scam-in-the-world

quote:

quote:
At Gamescom we're getting a good look at Star Citizen version 3.0. Are you in a state now that you'd term beta? What's next?

Chris Roberts: The term beta in terms of Star Citizen - with 3.0 the game is moving into a phase akin to Early Access. It'll build and grow from there, and then you could say 'well, it's not really Early Access anymore'. The price will probably go up a little bit and it will have much more of the features and content going on.

MVP here we come.

quote:

3.0 is the first time you'll have some of the basic game loops and mechanics. It's the first one which has proper persistence for your character, ship and items in terms of what their state is, their location is. When you log off and your ship is damaged, when you come back it'll still be damaged. There are a lot of jobs and options. The AI is still fairly basic - there's a lot more coming, but the AI... the previous 2.63 update was done the old scripted way. Now it's a scalable, modular mission system which designers can build from different blocks. We have procedural missions so there's a lot of 'go deliver something to this place', 'go identify a dead body on a spaceship', 'go after this particular pirate'. It's all templated up. There's a basic buying and selling mechanic, hauling cargo, the ability to earn and spend money on clothes, weapons, ship items or ship weapons. 3.1 will let you buy ships as well. And then from there we'll add more features for specific activities - mining, repair, building out more of the infrastructure for a dynamic universe.

It's hard to believe this is plausible given current progress.

quote:

When will you make the call to raise the price point? Do you have enough money to finish the game?

Chris Roberts: We run the business like a live business - we look at what we bring in every month, every year and plan our business by that. If that changed, we would change what we do. Outside the fact we're not finished or released, the company runs like we had an online game which was monetised every day. Which it essentially is - we have people joining every day, buying a starter pack or a ship. All the money we've raised dictates our budget - to a certain point where we have pretty much everything on our wishlist. Right now it's a very not-for-profit enterprise where we plough the money back in.

Just fuckin :eyepop: to all this.

Crobber destroying the "it's a donation" line.

I just stopped by to say I freaking called it.

About a year ago in July 2016, when I wrote that he couldn’t develop the game pitched, and that he was going to dump it as per releasing an MVP, some people thought I was just off my meds.

From $160m crowd-funded game, to an Early Access MVP with no promises of delivery.

You were warned.

I like how he says the public schedule is the internal one. I guess 3.0 did come out in 2016.

I am also thrilled to see that he is still reading my articles because I was the first and only person to leak that the internal and public schedules were different. And the fact that he even mentions it – and having lied consistently about this project since the start – proves that I’m right, and that he’s lying about it.

As I wrote a few days ago, now that they have started yet another shell company in the UK and which is no doubt designed to shield the IP from impending and/or future litigation, anyone giving money to this project now, is just funding an exit strategy.

…and, awh, wuh… we’ll have what will sort of determine a sort of… MINIMUM VIABLE PRODUCT FEATURE LIST for what you would call STAR CITIZEN the COMMERCIAL RELEASE, which is basically when you say, “OK! Ah, we’ve gotten to this point and we’ve still got plans to add a lot more COOL STUFF and MORE CONTENT and MORE FUNCTIONALITY and MORE FEATURES”, which by the way includes some of… the LATER STRETCH GOALS we have cos not all of that’s meant to be for ABSOLUTELY RIGHT HERE, on the commercial release…“Chris Roberts, April 18, 2016

I hope those guys enjoy their $160m MVP. The project is dead. He got rich from gamers. The End.

ps:

BREAKING!! There is a new Star Citizen ToS in the works. Sources say it is likely to go online with the 3.0 release.

Remember May 2016 when I said a ToS change was in the works for 2.0 & would REMOVE backer promises? Then it happened? Sure you do.

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal
Holy poo poo, an actual game related to Star Citizen is going to be released and it's coming from a SA user.

Can't wait for the Reddit brigade to review bomb it when it hits the store front. Ironically, it will also come with lot's of refunds.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

tuo posted:

So 3.0 will be Beta and go straight to MVP, and everything after will cost even more money...CIG, never change! Also RIP all those 3.1, 3.2, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2 powerpoint slides...

I do have to say this, though: TheAgent also called this one, quickly followed by Derek "signal boosting" him.

False.

I wrote about the MVP back in June 2016, long before TheAgent started doing leaks mentioning anything of the sort.

tuo posted:

In before Derek posting a tweet claiming that he called it first.

But I did :grin:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

lol pro click.

Streamer then goes on basically advocating for refunds. Burn this heretic imo.

D_Smart posted:

I just stopped by to say I freaking called it.

:same:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

well HECK Phil posted:

Holy poo poo, an actual game related to Star Citizen is going to be released and it's coming from a SA user.

Can't wait for the Reddit brigade to review bomb it when it hits the store front. Ironically, it will also come with lot's of refunds.
I'm talking with Steam right now, because I'm assuming what people will do will buy and then refund immediately. If that happens enough, they yank the game off Steam drat quick, effectively closing any hope of the game being on that platform.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
r/lovepledge_refunds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
can't wait to fight derek smart in space court over love pledge, because I have a sneaking suspicion he's going to try and sue me