Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Funso Banjo posted:

What does the guard break affect? The nulls 1 mil plus damage type effects? Or something else?

No, ignoring nulls is the Void Damage Penetration on pixel ults. Guard Break is for ignoring the defense of monsters, particularly notable on enemies like Predras, EKMD, Awoken Meimei, Metatrons, etc. Anytime your attack hits them for 1 damage it's probably because you failed to break their defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Paul Zuvella posted:

I got something called Yda with my Free Roll. Double 7c and red? Sure why not. Probably will still never use him because of that poo poo active.
her :eng101:

(she's from 14 so it's not unreasonable you didn't know)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Yda should get a Lyse evo.

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug
Just lol if all your subs don't have double 7c awakenings

Also, everyone should roll for Yuna. And if you use Anubis, also roll for Cecil, since he is an excellent inherit.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yda should get a Lyse evo.

she has one and that's why i'm going to sell yda instantly if i pull her. i'd rather not have the worst part of stormblood in my box.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Shows how much I pay attention to filler collab units, I guess.

UberChair
Jan 8, 2008

This club is borin' the crap outta me!
Hello! I noticed there was a godfest going on currently and therefore it was as good a time as any to hop back on the ol' PAD-train, since I hate my free time and possibly my wallet and want to drown them both in colorful orbs and animes.

However, it's been years since I played this game and aside from a general knowledge of "if it has cool art and is also a god, it might be a good pull", I have almost no clue what kind of team I should be building. My box looks like this so far:

Not pictured: tons of evo material since I wasn't really paying attention to the giant letters saying "Evo Carnival" or whatever on the PAL machine. Nephthys was my first REM roll and I got Fujin a little later, who I understand is good later on? Not sure about now. Either way, I'm focusing mainly on metal dragons and snatching relevant evo mats for Nep and such, since I'm overwhelmed by all these crazy dungeons and poo poo going on now.

Is that what I should be doing now? The New Player Guide basically says "level to 66 and grab poo poo from the REM when you can" with a passing reference to leveling stuff with the Pengdra cycle, which makes sense. I guess my question os more, "What are my team building goals" cuz I don't know poo poo about that.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Got a Y'shtola. Debating between using her ult as my only blue FUA, or pixeling her as my only orb unlocker, possibly as an assist.

Are assists reversible, or permanent?

Sir Gladu
Nov 26, 2008

UberChair, I hate breaking it to you, but there's no godfest going on. A god carnival isn't the same thing. And you got nothing relevant in the current meta, except Fujin, who is a great endgame sub.
If you want to carry on with this, you could make a rainbow team with nephtys to get you through more content before getting a better leader, or at least a "dark rainbow team" for her.

isndl
May 2, 2012

UberChair posted:

Hello! I noticed there was a godfest going on currently and therefore it was as good a time as any to hop back on the ol' PAD-train, since I hate my free time and possibly my wallet and want to drown them both in colorful orbs and animes.

However, it's been years since I played this game and aside from a general knowledge of "if it has cool art and is also a god, it might be a good pull", I have almost no clue what kind of team I should be building. My box looks like this so far:

Not pictured: tons of evo material since I wasn't really paying attention to the giant letters saying "Evo Carnival" or whatever on the PAL machine. Nephthys was my first REM roll and I got Fujin a little later, who I understand is good later on? Not sure about now. Either way, I'm focusing mainly on metal dragons and snatching relevant evo mats for Nep and such, since I'm overwhelmed by all these crazy dungeons and poo poo going on now.

Is that what I should be doing now? The New Player Guide basically says "level to 66 and grab poo poo from the REM when you can" with a passing reference to leveling stuff with the Pengdra cycle, which makes sense. I guess my question os more, "What are my team building goals" cuz I don't know poo poo about that.

First step, favorite all your REM stuff. If you're not sure, use the Sort function to sort by MP value, and favorite anything that's 3k or more. Second step is to run the daily gift dungeons in the Special tab, they'll have the bronze GIFT tag on the button. After that just start working through whatever dungeons you think you can do for clear stones and check Specials for gifts every day.

Ignore the Pengdra cycle, the old guide is horrifically outdated and it's an absolute waste of stamina to be evolving them, just run the weekday metal dragons instead if you need exp fodder. Depending on what evo materials you need you can ask for a coop carry. Your box doesn't have much in the way of synergy so for now use Nephthys as your lead with whatever good color coverage stat sticks you can find, preferably with dark as one of their attributes but it might not always be possible. As you clear dungeons for stones you'll get more rolls to start building an actual team.

delfin posted:

Got a Y'shtola. Debating between using her ult as my only blue FUA, or pixeling her as my only orb unlocker, possibly as an assist.

Are assists reversible, or permanent?

Assists can be removed at any time, there's no penalty other than the 1mil coins you spend when you put them on. If you aren't planning on rolling FF collab any more I'd say pixel form might be better because it'll be your only source of void punch and there's lots more FUA options coming down the pipe, but you may need FUA more immediately. You could always go FUA for now and reverse the ult later though.

UberChair
Jan 8, 2008

Sir Gladu posted:

UberChair, I hate breaking it to you, but there's no godfest going on. A god carnival isn't the same thing. And you got nothing relevant in the current meta, except Fujin, who is a great endgame sub.
If you want to carry on with this, you could make a rainbow team with nephtys to get you through more content before getting a better leader, or at least a "dark rainbow team" for her.

Bahhhhh, I landed on Nep and it was in the guide so I didn't wanna keep rerolling since I figured the carnival was the same thing. Welp.

isndl posted:

First step, favorite all your REM stuff. If you're not sure, use the Sort function to sort by MP value, and favorite anything that's 3k or more. Second step is to run the daily gift dungeons in the Special tab, they'll have the bronze GIFT tag on the button. After that just start working through whatever dungeons you think you can do for clear stones and check Specials for gifts every day.

Ignore the Pengdra cycle, the old guide is horrifically outdated and it's an absolute waste of stamina to be evolving them, just run the weekday metal dragons instead if you need exp fodder. Depending on what evo materials you need you can ask for a coop carry. Your box doesn't have much in the, way of synergy so for now use Nephthys as your lead with whatever good color coverage stat sticks you can find, preferably with dark as one of their attributes but it might not always be possible. As you clear dungeons for stones you'll get more rolls to start building an actual team.

Thanks! Even though it's not a Godfest, is there anything good leaderwise I can hope for out of the regular REM or the FF one? Or should I stockpile until an actual GF?

isndl
May 2, 2012

UberChair posted:

Bahhhhh, I landed on Nep and it was in the guide so I didn't wanna keep rerolling since I figured the carnival was the same thing. Welp.

Thanks! Even though it's not a Godfest, is there anything good leaderwise I can hope for out of the regular REM or the FF one? Or should I stockpile until an actual GF?

FF collab has reasonable rates considering it's a collab and some relatively good cards (including a bunch that are currently irreplaceable outside of FF) so it's not terrible for rolling. We're due for a godfest roughly this weekend so I'd say wait until then to see what it'll be before committing.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

UberChair posted:

Even if it's not godfest, you have a pretty good starter box. Nephy and Fujin are both good starter leaders. Fujin is desireable lategame because she hard counters a particularly hated mechanic. AA Lucifer is an okay-not-great sub, but he's overdue for a new evolution that could revitalize him. The other cards you have provide baseline filler and utility. Good position to be in for saving up stones for a few days.

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug

UberChair posted:

Nephthys is a fine starter, especially since you can team up with Dark Athena friends, which will you give a significant boost in power (match 4 dark orbs to activate her triple TPA awakenings). I have Dark Athena in my first slot, if you want to send me a friend request: 355,176,208.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Zeta posted:

Just lol if all your subs don't have double 7c awakenings

Also, everyone should roll for Yuna. And if you use Anubis, also roll for Cecil, since he is an excellent inherit.

I run this exact team but my alt has the Diablos and I run Skuld instead of Nohime. Confirming it's the best.

UberChair
Jan 8, 2008

maou shoujo posted:

Even if it's not godfest, you have a pretty good starter box. Nephy and Fujin are both good starter leaders. Fujin is desireable lategame because she hard counters a particularly hated mechanic. AA Lucifer is an okay-not-great sub, but he's overdue for a new evolution that could revitalize him. The other cards you have provide baseline filler and utility. Good position to be in for saving up stones for a few days.

Thanks! I figured after clearing Castle Of Satan I would just farm XP fodder/evo materials when applicable while banking stones until I can wrap my head around how to build a team. What should I be looking for as far as filler subs? Stats-wise, I mean.

Zeta posted:

Nephthys is a fine starter, especially since you can team up with Dark Athena friends, which will you give a significant boost in power (match 4 dark orbs to activate her triple TPA awakenings). I have Dark Athena in my first slot, if you want to send me a friend request: 355,176,208.

Done! Thanks a bunch. 329-031-439 is mine, probably a good idea to throw that out there.

UberChair fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 11, 2017

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug

UberChair posted:

Thanks! I figured after clearing Castle Of Satan I would just farm XP fodder/evo materials when applicable while banking stones until I can wrap my head around how to build a team. What should I be looking for as far as filler subs? Stats-wise, I mean.

One thing that's useful to note - the PAL Egg Machine has become much more useful than it was a few year ago. Now it rotates between three different Carnivals: Evo Carnival, Rare Monster Carnival, and Enhance Carnival. Evo and Enhance Carnivals are useful for new players - Evo Carnival gives evolution materials, and Enhance Carnival gives Jewel Dragons (the main source of EXP now). You probably won't have very many PAL points right now, but once you've collected some you can roll the PEM and save yourself the hassle of farming some stuff.

As far as subs go, Nephthys is a dark-focused rainbow leader, so ideally you want dark monsters with sub-attributes that cover the other colors. The Lucifer you have is a good example - his primary color is dark, and he has a light sub-attribute. Nephthys also gains a fire sub-attribute once you evo her. But right now you're still in the early game, so you don't have access to a lot of great subs. Not to mention, your team cost is still pretty low right now, so you can just put anything you find in your team as a sub (just make sure you cover all 5 colors on your team so you can make full use of Nephthy's leader skill).

Also, it's hard to overstate just how overpowered a Dark Athena friend is at your stage of the game. Here's a quick comparison:

I matched 4 orb types, including a dark prong (4 dark orbs). Your Nephthys (on the far right) did almost 80k damage. My Dark Athena (on the far left) did nearly a million damage. So it's a common and effective strategy to lean heavily on your friend leaders while you build a good team. The most useful monsters come from the REM, so start clearing content and hoarding stones for a good Godfest.

Zeta fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Sep 11, 2017

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
arguably the FF collab is a great value investment and worth spending stones on in lieu of a godfest

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Yea listen to Zeta here. Just play with what you got, she’s a great starter. When you actually get some more stuff (which you will, just by playing) that Fujin will come in super handy later down the road.

I honestly think we should take the rerolling part out of the guide. Just pair with an OP goon friend and tear through poo poo until you get your own stuff built up.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
To sort of answer my question from earlier, lightning can take dragon killers so she is used in place of cloud for my a3 needs. The +2 combo is also invaluable on my kush team, I'm no reco so it's pretty tough to get that 3x3 and then hit other 9 combos.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

the OP needs a lot of stuff gutted that was left there from 2+ years ago, and instead of a 'list of poo poo that's good to keep', a better thing would be 'here's how to identify what makes a good leader' article, or alternatively 'just ask in discord we dont mind'

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
What is FUA?

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!
Follow up attack, resolve killer

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Follow up attack: a row column of hearts will deal 1hp after other damage resolves. Good against monsters with resolve abilities (the green and red RES badge next to d some monsters)

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 12, 2017

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

boo_radley posted:

Follow up attack: a row of hearts will deal 1hp after other damage resolves. Good against monsters with resolve abilities (the green and red RES badge next to d some monsters)

Column, not row

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
man I can't do a c10 to save my life with Anubis/Diablos

like for example the Sept quest C10

it seems like I should just be able to oneshot everything but I'm pretty awful

is the goal just to have an active every turn? can I just bring a bunch of Hakus so they haste each other to make that happen?

I also have like, Momijis and a Yuna, is that a thing I should be doing instead in case of resolve or whatever and just lean on 7c? I don't know what I'm actually doing when I can't braindead 85x something or board changer+3x85x something

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
I said that I got my first guard break, but remembered Allura has it along with everything else. Poor Reynn & Lann, I'll still keep and evo you for your art.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

UberChair posted:

For Nepthys, just toss as many REM monsters on your team that you can fit. I wouldn't bother too much with farmable subs. However, the drops from the Final Fantasy collab are pretty cheap team cost wise and you can feed matching ones to each other to get a couple of free awakenings, which is nice. Pretty much just try to cover all 5 colors.

I had an alt account that started with Nepthys, and Lucifer as a sub, a while back and it was really easy to get a whole bunch of stones. It's even easier now that you can pair her with Dark Athena.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Is it Taiwan or Hong Kong that used the same servers as JP? Is it possible to transfer a JP account to one of those and essentially have two JP accounts on my phone? I never co-op any more so I think my alt would get more use if I just put it on my phone.

On a similar note, does anyone want a really good US account that will actually use it? Not just play a little and then discard it forever.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003

DACK FAYDEN posted:

man I can't do a c10 to save my life with Anubis/Diablos

like for example the Sept quest C10

it seems like I should just be able to oneshot everything but I'm pretty awful

is the goal just to have an active every turn? can I just bring a bunch of Hakus so they haste each other to make that happen?

I also have like, Momijis and a Yuna, is that a thing I should be doing instead in case of resolve or whatever and just lean on 7c? I don't know what I'm actually doing when I can't braindead 85x something or board changer+3x85x something

A tsubaki makes things easier, can't remember if I used that on anubis or dmeta. An urd or glavenus for fua.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

cryptoclastic posted:

Is it Taiwan or Hong Kong that used the same servers as JP? Is it possible to transfer a JP account to one of those and essentially have two JP accounts on my phone? I never co-op any more so I think my alt would get more use if I just put it on my phone.

On a similar note, does anyone want a really good US account that will actually use it? Not just play a little and then discard it forever.

HK/TW is the same client I believe. You can transfer the account over to the client the same way as any other JP account since it's on the same database. Source: I used to have two JP accounts on the same phone this way.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

yergacheffe posted:

HK/TW is the same client I believe. You can transfer the account over to the client the same way as any other JP account since it's on the same database. Source: I used to have two JP accounts on the same phone this way.

Thanks! It definitely works! I now have three accounts on my phone. This will end well I’m sure.

Now to get rid of this US account. The Anubis on it makes my JP accounts sad.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Just be aware that not all events run concurrently between HK and JP. Often times, collab stuff won't show up on HK because of licensing issues. If you want to roll for collab stuff on an HK account, you'll have to transfer it to a JP client somehow. Also, if you're whaling, any one-time deal packages can be purchased twice by doing it once on a JP client then again on an HK client.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Finally beat the JP challenge 4. Whomever is the mayor rear end in a top hat who keeps making 4-seconds only dungeons should just gently caress off.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

trucutru posted:

Finally beat the JP challenge 4. Whomever is the mayor rear end in a top hat who keeps making 4-seconds only dungeons should just gently caress off.

It's pretty much the new no-awakenings as far as I'm concerned. Just plain unfun, maybe worse since even move time extending actives don't work.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
What are the yuna teams everyone is running with? Are you teaming Yuna with Diablos?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Got my Pixil sephiroth this morning, which is kind of neat. Anti-Void seems pretty limited as far as usecases go but w/e. I also realized that The original sephiroth ult got buffed. It's a shame that literally no one uses him as a leader because I would like to use him at least a little bit.

Wait I just realized he pairs perfectly with Diablos, lol

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If I want to farm ff skillups, not the monsters themselves, what's the best difficulty to run?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
New Descended boss, Rushana:

quote:

Active: No skyfall combos for 1 turn. 2x orb movement time for 1 turn.

LS: No skyfall combos, but 2x HP/ATK to God and Healer type cards. 3x ATK for each cross Wood or Light orbs.

4067 / 1828 / 722 (1013 weighted)

That seems... really good for a farmable mon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Seems like it pairs well with offensive Odindra.