Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

raditts posted:

Is there even any gameplay footage of it? I have yet to see any in the promos they've put it for it.

theres a story demo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also citing sub numbers seems dumb because i sure as hell have a bunch that i just haven't bothered to unsub. probably more useful to cite stuff like an average view count.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Her head seems too small???

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

dogsicle posted:

also citing sub numbers seems dumb because i sure as hell have a bunch that i just haven't bothered to unsub. probably more useful to cite stuff like an average view count.

I guess, if you're that committed to missing the point

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

CJacobs posted:

You heard it here from twitter user @Shattered_Earth, every single person subscribed to pewdiepie is ok with dropping harsh n-bombs in video games. All of them. Every one of them

Harsh, but fair.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they supposedly changed chun li from that awful trailer, but:

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/886200128767377410

i don't really see it

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Her head seems too small???

I am pretty sure chunners just has an abnormally small head, this is a thing in like most of her appearances in games. I once noticed years ago that she could probably grip her own head like a basketball and I have never been able to un-see it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MvCI looks like a chinese mobile game

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

In Training posted:

MvCI looks like a chinese mobile game

It looks so cheap and ugly, it's a real shame

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Chun Li is Chinese

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CJacobs posted:

It's unsurprisingly the number of subscribers pewds has

oh i hadn't thought of that, go figure

i mean it's youtube and the guy's been around for almost a decade, there's a high probability that most of them don't even watch his channel anymore but by the nature of youtube, they're still subbed. hell i'm still subscribed to billymc's channel

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

CJacobs posted:

I am pretty sure chunners just has an abnormally small head, this is a thing in like most of her appearances in games. I once noticed years ago that she could probably grip her own head like a basketball and I have never been able to un-see it

It's not right :argh:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

What I can't get over with MvC Infinite is how drat ugly it looks. Like a lot of the characters are just straight up unappealing to look at.

How colorful and flashy and energetic and fun MvC looked was what caught my attention with that game as a kid, and that was something the games maintained even through UMvC3. Now Infinite looks like a half-assed MCU movie and those aren't exactly great looking to begin with.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

raditts posted:

I guess, if you're that committed to missing the point

i'm not really sure what your point is

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wait, are you not supposed to be able to palm your own head

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Raxivace posted:

What I can't get over with MvC Infinite is how drat ugly it looks. Like a lot of the characters are just straight up unappealing to look at.

How colorful and flashy and energetic and fun MvC looked was what caught my attention with that game as a kid, and that was something the games maintained even through UMvC3. Now Infinite looks like a half-assed MCU movie and those aren't exactly great looking to begin with.

Looks fine to me, OP.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

nachos posted:

Literally the entire Republican Party tripped over each other rushing to call themselves a deplorable when Hillary said that only a portion of Trump voters are. I don't think they care about being outed anymore.
Hillary triples down on being among the most horrible, nasty people US politics ever created and even dedicated a book detailing her not at all personal failures.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 12, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CJacobs posted:

You heard it here from twitter user @Shattered_Earth, every single person subscribed to pewdiepie is ok with dropping harsh n-bombs in video games. All of them. Every one of them

i mean, that's literally true yeah

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

like lets not pretend the guy only suddenly was racist just now, what a shock to his fans. he's been ALL ABOUT THE RAPE for years and years

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

corn in the bible posted:

like lets not pretend the guy only suddenly was racist just now, what a shock to his fans. he's been ALL ABOUT THE RAPE for years and years

Whoa hey let's not misconstrue rape fans as racists

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
hey does anyone like video games

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i hadn't even looked at the roster until now but uh

no phoenix wright
no doctor doom
the only two new capcom characters are mega man x and jedah, which are both cool but come on

glad to see my boy dormammu back though i really don't think i'm going to dedicate much time to mvci

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember pointing this out back when he was first starting to get super popular and a friend and I were telling others in lp about how lovely this guy was. I think it was the video clip show I linked to them that was a kind of microcosm of how bad he was since it was a montage of him talking about wanting to rape dead little girls in an rpgmaker game called ao oni.

The only funny thing was when I noticed back then that he had an LP of silent hill 2 so I went through looking for the scene of pyramid head raping the mannequin monster because I needed to know what his response to actual rape imagery in a game would be. Throughout the vid he was making rape jokes all the time, then he got to that scene and his face was just like ":stare:" and awkward silence.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

yes, i like video games a lot

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I like tennis games, why don't they make them any more. I have fond memories of top spin on the OG xbox. And virtua tennis on the dreamcast.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

nachos posted:

I like tennis games, why don't they make them any more. I have fond memories of top spin on the OG xbox. And virtua tennis on the dreamcast.

I was wondering a while back what the current state of tennis games was. Is it Mario Tennis or bust these days?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

nachos posted:

good news, there was a top spin followup announced recently

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

so he's finally here, pejorative pewd
if you know the word, you can say it too
put your hands together, if you want to tweet
as we take you through this racist beat

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

plz dont pull out posted:

I was wondering a while back what the current state of tennis games was. Is it Mario Tennis or bust these days?

Seems so. Maybe they can add some tennis courts to Everybody's Golf.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Quest For Glory II posted:

so he's finally here, pejorative pewd
if you know the word, you can say it too
put your hands together, if you want to tweet
as we take you through this racist beat

I'M A WHOOP IT ON

*breakdances*

That's rad!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like video games.

I've been playing dungeon fighter online again. I made a Female Priest and have been playing as her. I advanced into the Mistress subclass.

God's all "hey I heard you wanted world peace so I was gonna do that but then I made you into a demon instead, sorry about that, better luck next time" lmao

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

nachos posted:

Seems so. Maybe they can add some tennis courts to Everybody's Golf.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/23/15682328/tennis-xbox-one-video-game-ps4-world-tour

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I keep seeing this car with a huge El Shaddai decal on their windshield and I'm reminded that I'll never be as cool as the world's only El Shaddai superfan

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Corn, thank you

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am unironically jazzed that a pro tennis sim is being released next year. I hope it has a story mode as is the current trend with sports sims

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

Is there even any gameplay footage of it? I have yet to see any in the promos they've put it for it.

They've had plenty of gameplaye footage and a demo...

In Training posted:

I just remember the new MVC comes out this month and that absolutely nobody gives a poo poo. I hope Capcom goes out of business

Don't you keep posting about how much Street Fighter you've been playing?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
you know how there are games where you'll start playing and "one more turn" for literally 8 hours in a row?

Darkest Dungeon does that for me. Every single time I start a new game I can't stop until I'm literally falling asleep.

Other games in the past that have done this : Heroes of Might and Magic 2/3, Civilization 2/3/5

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

glam rock hamhock posted:

They've had plenty of gameplaye footage and a demo...

Don't you keep posting about how much Street Fighter you've been playing?

Street Fighter II, yeah. Thats a good game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

It looks so cheap and ugly, it's a real shame

I don't think Capcom have made a good looking 3D fighter yet. MvC3 was the closest but the models still mostly looked worse than they're crappy low res sprite counterparts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

nachos posted:

I never thought I'd enjoy a tennis game then Virtua Tennis came along

• Locked thread