Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Apollo was bad in his first game but has become good. Neither Phoenix nor Apollo should be retired but are reaching the point they work better as support for a less experienced attorney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

i don't get the love for apollo justice but at the same time i get the feeling that people who really like apollo and think phoenix should be retired don't understand what's likeable about nick. it's an ouroborus of misunderstanding

He's kind of plateaued as a character and reached the height of his development. Like for the last 2 games his main role has been as the experienced boss who helps other characters grow and go through their arcs. There's just more potential with Apollo and Athena (especially Athena now that Apollo had a game fully about exploring his past and him graduating from the Wright law offices, and starting his own office is a good end for him too) getting focus and cases about them. I love Nick and he's a cool and good dude but there's more to explore with the kids.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Also maybe for once in this goddamned series maybe we could get a trilogy that is actually planned out from the start

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Apollo was bad in his first game but has become good. Neither Phoenix nor Apollo should be retired but are reaching the point they work better as support for a less experienced attorney.

Apollo was fine in his first game, it's just everything else that wasn't.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah, Nick works as the established boss character and the new attorney should get the main crux of the story. But we also havent somehow finished the Apollo/Trucy plot so whatever.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I feel like that plotline being abandoned as well as Trucy's decreased role in 5 was a byproduct of Capcom going "poo poo, people got mad at 4, step back, step back!"

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
That was the right decision since the main thing that game had to prove was that they could salvage what was left of the series after that. They also focused on the wrong thing anyway since the two are already siblings, parents be damned.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I feel like that plotline being abandoned as well as Trucy's decreased role in 5 was a byproduct of Capcom going "poo poo, people got mad at 4, step back, step back!"

I mean SoJ ended with Thalassa and Phoenix meeting up and going "yeah we should probably tell them".

Also, Trucy is definitely going to play a bigger role in AA7 when she takes over Apollo's perceiving duties as Athena's assistant after Apollo is arrested for the murder of famed singer and now artist Lamiroir.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
admittedly i would be down with a case (or game) where nick fakes his death, fully trying to play up and parallel mia but then he's like "that's why i knew it would work, apollo!"

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They should go back to the tine period after AA3 but before nick lost his liscense and have all of the games in that period

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think we can all agree that the slower version of Apollo's theme in 5 may well be the best music in the series.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ace Attorney 7 should have a 100 year timeskip and take place on a space colony.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

mabels big day posted:

They should go back to the tine period after AA3 but before nick lost his liscense and have all of the games in that period

There's only so many cases he can take in one month

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Waffleman_ posted:

Ace Attorney 7 should have a 100 year timeskip and take place on a space colony.

do you play as phoenix wright's illegitimate great-grandson with iris

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

mabels big day posted:

Isn't the period between the end of AA3 and Nick getting disbarred only something like a month?

Waffleman_ posted:

This will happen but it will turn out to be a replica of the world built underneath San Fransokyo and the game will secretly be the second Professor Layton crossover.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Eat you Neo Kobe Pizza, 4poll-0

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

I think we can all agree that the slower version of Apollo's theme in 5 may well be the best music in the series.

It's a good track and used very well in the final case.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Raxivace posted:

Isn't the period between the end of AA3 and Nick getting disbarred only something like a month?

Yeah, it's why AAI and AAI2 are like a week apart from each other.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

chumbler posted:

If that's the piano version it is very good

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Barudak posted:

Eat you Neo Kobe Pizza, 4poll-0

Game is set in Neo Olde Tokyo, third case tasks you with defending the Steel Samurai on charges of murdering the Evil Magistrate.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

Game is set in Neo Olde Tokyo, third case tasks you with defending the Steel Samurai on charges of murdering the Evil Magistrate.

Phoenix Wright VII: Aluminum Attorney

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
They should make ace attorney investigations 3.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ace Attorney Investigations: Franziska von Karma

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Carlosologist posted:

Lawyering from beyond the grave would be the natural conclusion to the spirit channelling

also agreed that Athena should get an extended arc to herself. my dream is that they use her arc to bring back Franny

Have her as the prosecutor and make Blackquil Athena's assistant. I loved their dynamic in SoJ.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Waffleman_ posted:

Ace Attorney Investigations: Franziska von Karma

Add a whip minigame.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tap the touch screen to whip these fools into shape!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And since she's working with Interpol, the game can go all over the world.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Impossible, that's Ema

She can be Athena's detective now that Fulbright is gone! Give me a game with a female prosecutor, attorney and detective capcom

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

fractalairduct posted:

She can be Athena's detective now that Fulbright is gone! Give me a game with a female prosecutor, attorney and detective capcom

Capcom knows where their fujoshi bread is buttered

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Capcom knows where their fujoshi bread is buttered

Hey Ace Attorney has more gay people than just Nick and Edgeworth.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
It'd be neat to have Phoenix in a support role now that they finally did it in SoJ's final chapter's final half, though I think it'd be fun with them switching which of the attorneys become the lead depending on the case and whether or not they're awailable or not. I'd also be down for more cases taking place outside of Japanifornia. I'd also be down with a game focused on Apollo Justice and his newfound quest to fix and reestablish Khura'in's law system (perhaps getting visits from Phoenix and/or Athena somewhere along the way).

In general, I guess I feel that having multiple lawyers around so that they can switch up who'll be the lead and assistant is the best way to go about it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'd like at least one more case of Athena and Apollo together at some point.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Hell, I'd love more cases with Athena headlining.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Raxivace posted:

I'd like at least one more case of Athena and Apollo together at some point.

I like Apollo and Athena as a team better than any other investigation/court team so far, so I'd love to see Apollo and Athena become a main team again when Apollo is finished with his work in Khura'in.

(But in general, I'd love more lawyer duo teams because being flexible about which one is the lead and which one is the assistant is a good asset in my opinion.)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Capcom just stealth released Spirit of Justice on Android/IOS today.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Capcom just stealth released Spirit of Justice on Android/IOS today.

Nice, I have to wonder how it performs on mobile though, since the 3DS was lagging on the more cinematic scenes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Any phone made in the last five years is more powerful than the 3DS, so

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

I am suddenly a jewellery person.

https://twitter.com/courtrecords_/status/911115255182376960

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also the AA stage show at TGS is in like 12 hours and I don't know if I wanna stay up for it in case of AA7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Also the AA stage show at TGS is in like 12 hours and I don't know if I wanna stay up for it in case of AA7.

That's in the morning where I am, I can watch it for you.