Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

DICK DICER posted:

If theres no solution by morning im riding to Platte

If you're so intent on it, have at it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Maybe he can build a trailer out of the second bike and haul it all back

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
I'm pretty sure we can get this fedexed on wed. Would get there on monday, I think.
How much is the poo poo worth?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
$1300 bike, $200-400 Vanson leather with history. But my issues are if it bites stings or sucks, its taking a chunk out of me im covered in bites head to toe and im going loving insane

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

man, biting flies are the loving worst. For whatever reason they were way worse than usual at my house this summer. I normally spend most of my summer sitting outside or otherwise doing outdoor things but the constant biting just made it unfun. I sympathize.

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wonder if the Valentine ShopKo or somewhere would have cheap tent to get by till tools/other stuff arrive?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
edit: nevermind, bad joke.

I pity the bug that drinks your blood though, I bet they make it two feet then fall to the ground.

double edit: VVV ok, restored.

DICK DICER posted:

im going loving insane

We better get that box to him before we find out what the next phase looks like.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Sep 12, 2017

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

As Nero Danced posted:

edit: nevermind, bad joke

Post itttt

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

antimatt posted:

Reminds me of The Sword. Check out their album Warp Riders.

Just wanted to pop in and say that I loving love The Sword. Age of Winters is extremely my poo poo.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
That town has to have a farm supply store, get a bottle of permethrin and spray it everywhere. Personally I use the 10% horse spray concentrate mixed up in a 2 gallon sprayer. Kills every bug it hits and has a long residual. I treat clothes/shoes and spray it on myself before going into the woods.

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Local shopko has this guy available for in store pickup: http://www.shopko.com/product/entity/9970.uts It weighs 20lbs and comes in a weird duffle bag package though:

What's the cargo situation on the trek like? Seems like a cheap tent might take some of the pressure off.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

rdb posted:

That town has to have a farm supply store, get a bottle of permethrin and spray it everywhere. Personally I use the 10% horse spray concentrate mixed up in a 2 gallon sprayer. Kills every bug it hits and has a long residual. I treat clothes/shoes and spray it on myself before going into the woods.

Purchasing products with "meth" in the title might be a less than stellar idea.

(in keeping with the bad joke thing)

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Box is gonna be 117 with 1700 insurance (which seems like a good idea all things considered).
Just gotta get confirmation my guy is able to get to the gas station tommorow.
Would get there on Monday.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

nm posted:

Box is gonna be 117 with 1700 insurance (which seems like a good idea all things considered).

sending pm

nm
Jan 28, 2008

We are go, go, go

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

nm posted:

Isn't it Monday already

(I'm in Australia and unsure of the moon time zone that Nebraska occupies)

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Don Dongington posted:

Isn't it Monday already

(I'm in Australia and unsure of the moon time zone that Nebraska occupies)

Next monday. We need tommorow to get a volunteer who knows not one of us (he Is The real hero), to slap the label on tommoroe. Fedex pickup on wed. Then somehow the rest of the time for fedex to get the box 160mi.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Sorry i had a tantrum ive just gone far too long without purpose and now im basically cosmically cock blocked

Have a music video

https://youtu.be/8VqJGRHuKUE

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You got time bro. There will be tools arriving soon!

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

DICK DICER posted:

Sorry i had a tantrum ive just gone far too long without purpose and now im basically cosmically cock blocked

Dude it's understandable, you're in a field in nowhere with a job to do but no tools. Very frustrating. You have kicked rear end getting here and everyone here respects the poo poo outta you for making a big change for the better.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Tools are coming big guy. Shiny and chrome ones.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

14in dick has a 110in box. Really makes you think.

edit: maths

nm fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 12, 2017

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Shiny and chrome tools are headed to ValentineHalla. :aaaaa:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

HandlingByJebus posted:

Shiny and chrome tools are headed to ValentineHalla. :aaaaa:
This assumes fedex doesn't gently caress up, but at leas now it has $1700 of insurance on it.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'd trust fedex about a million times more than geyhound.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
3m makes a lotion that's 34% DEET. Should keep any bugs away from you for a while.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Ohrmazd posted:

3m makes a lotion that's 34% DEET. Should keep any bugs away from you for a while.

If there is no shower access, I'd avoid the DEET if possible.
Permethrin based repellents in the clothes will actually be more effective (for the covered areas and nearby) and won't cause skin issues due to the whole no shower thing.
Read the bottle. You really, really need to get the clothes wet as gently caress. Remember your socks. This can also work on tents and the like. You need more liquid than you think.

If you must use a skin on repellent, 20% Picaridin is just as effective as DEET (this isn't some "all natural" bullshit that doesn't work), but causes less skin issues when not washed off as far as I can tell. It also is much more friendly to fabrics (DEET eats a lot of synthetic fibers). I used it on my bike trip in the south (with some permetherin soaked clothes) and it worked excellent.
Note, however, that it a synthetic pepper like substance, so wash you hands and don't put it on your face as it will burn the gently caress out of you eyes. Maybe keep it away from the dick as well. Buy the cream, not the spray on (and the opposite for DEET).
I'd try the permethrin alone first. You don't really want to have bug repellent building up on top of each other.
(Also, someone maybe send dave some baby wipes?)

nm fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 12, 2017

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

nm posted:

Maybe keep it away from the dick as well.
Eh, nothing a little panther piss won't clean right off.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
On that, does Dave have access to potable water? I assume so? Is there a camp shower in the box coming from North Platte? If not, that might be a good one for the shopping list, as if he starts rocking into Napa smelling like a hobo, poo poo might get difficult.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Ahahahaha I buy Dave a pizza and less than twelve hours later GM 4.3L Intake Manifold Gasket Syndrome strands me halfway to work.. Well done, Dave.

(Gasket job was done before I bought it, but my brother and I are assuming the rear end in a top hat PO went with the OEM gaskets instead of the Fel-Pro metal ones and Dex-cool did it's magic again. Parts are acquired and work starts on my next day off.)

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

nm posted:

This assumes fedex doesn't gently caress up, but at leas now it has $1700 of insurance on it.

Yeah but carrier insurance never pays out unless you have receipts to prove what everything was worth. :allears:

Fedex is slightly less rear end in a top hat to deal with than UPS.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Yeah but carrier insurance never pays out unless you have receipts to prove what everything was worth. :allears:

Fedex is slightly less rear end in a top hat to deal with than UPS.

The good news is that with a basically new bike, we'll do pretty ok. Bike flights apparently deals with the insurance stuff and allegedly is pretty good.
I wish I'd had the idea of just recommending that we bike flight this box from seattle to north platte and this thread would have been a lot less epic.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

nm posted:

The good news is that with a basically new bike, we'll do pretty ok. Bike flights apparently deals with the insurance stuff and allegedly is pretty good.
I wish I'd had the idea of just recommending that we bike flight this box from seattle to north platte and this thread would have been a lot less epic.

To be fair, just having the bus Dave was on carry it with him isn't exactly some lunatic idea that we didn't think through. Even with Greyhound's reputation I'd have put money that Bike Flights would be more likely to lose it than Greyhound just because it seemed like there were more moving pieces with the flight option.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
FYI if it's insured he'll need to be there to sign for it.

He might need to anyway.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

thebigcow posted:

FYI if it's insured he'll need to be there to sign for it.

He might need to anyway.

He will need to sign for it to get it. However, it is being delivered to the field. I recommend that on Monday dave just hang out until fedex shows.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

DICK DICER posted:

SubRosa: No Help for the Mighty :q:

Earthless: From the Ages or Rhythms of a Cosmic Sky

If you dont know much Mike Patton, GIT SUM

Mr Bungle (self tifled), Fantomas, Tomahawk, all gold

.....Ziltoid the Omnicient

Is it bad or good that most of these are already favorites of mine.....Have I stared too long into Dave?

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb2UhUKTRXo This is the album i feel sums up this journey.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

DICK DICER posted:

"none of this is normal or should ever be considered okay"

New thread title right here.

nm posted:

He will need to sign for it to get it. However, it is being delivered to the field. I recommend that on Monday dave just hang out until fedex shows.

What else has he got to do? And/or they can't do the usual thing where they lightly knock on the door and sneak away when the dude's living in a glorified collapsed tent.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The truck is probably all SAE right? I hope the poo poo I'm sending is useful.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

You can take like 90% of the thing apart with a 1/2" socket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

ExplodingSims posted:

You can take like 90% of the thing apart with a 1/2" socket.

...and for the other 10%, just add 'a hammer'

• Locked thread