Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I'm not sure exactly what they expect Weyland to do now. That core set lineup is pretty awful for them. Keeping Project Atlas is nice, but they aren't threatening to do anything with it. The most they can do is trace you for maybe 3 meat damage. Also, Hostile Takeover being a 1-of is some real bullshit for new players.

I mean, it wasn't great before, but I think my dumb one-trick GRNDL deck is just dead now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

The Lord of Hats posted:

I'm not sure exactly what they expect Weyland to do now. That core set lineup is pretty awful for them. Keeping Project Atlas is nice, but they aren't threatening to do anything with it. The most they can do is trace you for maybe 3 meat damage. Also, Hostile Takeover being a 1-of is some real bullshit for new players.

I mean, it wasn't great before, but I think my dumb one-trick GRNDL deck is just dead now.

I think you're meant to deal meat damage in little chip-damage amounts, and snipe cards the runner needs later and/or force them to hold back cards they need to protect them. CS2 Weyland plays almost like a rigshooter deck.

With Ronin and Junebug, it looks like Net damage is supposed to be the "big gulps of damage" flatline threat.

Slio
Jan 17, 2009

namad posted:

Didn't FFG promise that the core set and the four major expansions would never rotate?
Maybe this is best for the health of the game but they've made cards I bought from them, that they promised would always be playable, unplayable. Or did I misread all their original promises in the first place?

When they announced rotation, the specific language they used for the Core Set and Big Boxes was "The Most Recent Printing Of This Box Will Be Legal" giving themselves wiggle room to do this with.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

namad posted:

As someone who doesn't own any datapacks at all. I'm kind of pissed about this. One of the main reasons I bought the core set as well as all four major expansions was that they would never rotate out.

Hitler promised not to invade Czechoslovakia, Jeremy. Welcome to the real world.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Is there a good list has what's leaving and what's being added. I don't want to manually check it off against the spoiler.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Karnegal posted:

Is there a good list has what's leaving and what's being added. I don't want to manually check it off against the spoiler.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g4klp1AUwqzkwKFFG0_SwB3acmHMdiVOsDiyI65N8Cc/htmlview

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
I think they got caught in a bit of a bind between saving cards and refining the Core set experience - Scorch and Siphon going is quite sad, but they basically bent the whole Core Set around themselves. Parasite I'm a little more conflicted on - I think it needs to exist in the game, but they need to divorce it from all the support they kept tripping over for it. I dunno how you fix it where the game is now.

I'd expect Account Siphon to come back in a "remove from the game" form. You can see where Mining Accident was them putting a toe in the water, but it's not enough.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Destrado posted:

I think they got caught in a bit of a bind between saving cards and refining the Core set experience - Scorch and Siphon going is quite sad, but they basically bent the whole Core Set around themselves. Parasite I'm a little more conflicted on - I think it needs to exist in the game, but they need to divorce it from all the support they kept tripping over for it. I dunno how you fix it where the game is now.

I'd expect Account Siphon to come back in a "remove from the game" form. You can see where Mining Accident was them putting a toe in the water, but it's not enough.

Parasite leaving gives them the opportunity to print weaker variants that will see play. I imagine one that trashes at the start of turn when viruses equal strength, 1 that trashes when viruses = cost. Hell, could have one that's functionally the same as Parasite but at a higher cost both in credits and influence.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

The saddest things I'll see go will be desperado, siphon, ABT and scorched earth. Thought I'm wondering with revised 2.0 and rotation happening for worlds, what's going to happen with the MWL. There are still obvious ones that need to stay on there like Mumba temple, Architect and NAPD. But does Faust need to stay on there with no Wyldside? Or clone chip with no kate or parasite?

berenzen fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Sep 12, 2017

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Gotta say, this is really invigorating; I'm pretty excited for the new meta now that a lot of the same poo poo we've seen for 5 years is fading away.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
I'm kind of said to see Noise go. Sure, I know why they did it, but he was my boi for good few years. :(

Similarly, while I perfectly understand the reasoning behind it, I'm slightly sad to see Fast Advance essentially entirely gone from NBN's slice of the color pie. It was this dependable bedrock allowing to try various dumb gimmicks with the rest of the deck.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Reina Roja is the default Anarch all is right with the world.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Radish posted:

:yeah:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Checkmate

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm gonna miss Kate a lot

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Did Stronger Together every get an alt art printed? I can't imagine it did, but with the new core rotation I'm only missing that and Making News to have alt arts of all the core set identities (RIP Noise and Kate and EtF). My spot-glossed core set IDs will be a tad lonelier, though.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I'm glad I have Haylay because I pretty much just played her and Kate runner side since I started.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Radish posted:

I kind of wonder if losing siphon is meant to push econ pressure more into the red side of things

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

The MWL changes coming next month should be pretty interesting to see. One/both of FIHP and Estelle Moon will certainly be added, and I could see Sifr getting downgraded or removed (although I think that bringing it below tier 2 is probably a mistake). There will be a bunch of open slots between rotation and the new core set, so Boggs is going to have a lot of freedom with how he shapes the Worlds metagame.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I'm gonna miss Kate a lot

It's ok Shaper still in a good spot. Anarch is i dunno yet.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Static Equilibrium posted:

The MWL changes coming next month should be pretty interesting to see. One/both of FIHP and Estelle Moon will certainly be added, and I could see Sifr getting downgraded or removed (although I think that bringing it below tier 2 is probably a mistake). There will be a bunch of open slots between rotation and the new core set, so Boggs is going to have a lot of freedom with how he shapes the Worlds metagame.

I don't want to see more granularity (a ** card like Sifr), I think the */*** mix is a good way of clearly stating "this is a good card, but it needs a little more" and "don't play this out of faction, and be prepared to warp your deck around it in faction"

Adding another tier just shifts the ideology to "we hosed up on pricing these; here's a soft-errata for them"

MWL is gonna be weird with Yog, Parasite, SSCG, Blackmail and others gone. Wonder if Boggs will stick with his totally asinine "there should be 20 cards" idea and just put a bunch of troublesome but not broken stuff at * just to justify the list?

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

The (unsubstantiated, but imo credible) rumor on stimslack is that the 20 card limit is allegedly a limit imposed by FFG employees who are not Boggs.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Once this new starter hits, what will be the allowed cards? I've fallen out of this game since the playerbase here is nonexistent but if it's a small enough pool I could maybe convince my girlfriend to give it another shot. If it's just everything except the cards removed from the old starter I'll probably not be very lucky.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
The Core 2 dream was real all along :unsmith:

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Radish posted:

Once this new starter hits, what will be the allowed cards? I've fallen out of this game since the playerbase here is nonexistent but if it's a small enough pool I could maybe convince my girlfriend to give it another shot. If it's just everything except the cards removed from the old starter I'll probably not be very lucky.

Also, the cards from genesis and spin that were not added to the new core will be out as well, but if you are playing casual, who cares?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I guess that's a good point.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

also i totally called CT for Kate and Reina for Noise, go me

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Zephro posted:

also i totally called CT for Kate and Reina for Noise, go me

Everyone called CT for Kate, but I thought it was REAAALLLLYYY obvious that Null was being set up as the new core Anarch.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Everyone called CT for Kate, but I thought it was REAAALLLLYYY obvious that Null was being set up as the new core Anarch.
I'm just happy that we have Dinosaurus forever. Look at him. Look at that cute goofy grin. A good dogge dinosaur

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
So what console will crims even use now? Logos? Box-E? Polyhistor now that Jackson is dead?

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

The Corp-side stuff is more interesting, actually. Ash is in the core but Caprice isn't. Caduceus and Hive beef up Weyland a bit. No Scorch removes the signature Weyland ability and combined with Midseason rotating probably kills the entire Supermodernism archetype, which is a real shame because it was my favourite way to play Netrunner. Jinteki gets Celebrity Gift to fix their traditional Core money problems, and Ronin and Wall of Thorns to fix the "why would I ever check advanced cards when I can win off R&D" problem with the shellgame in Core 1.0. Stronger Together sucks rear end, but that's karma for ETF being so good for so long and it might let some of the other HB identities shine. NBN is unrecognisable from Core 1.0 - no Astro and no SanSan means fast advance isn't happening. No Breaking News is also huge. Adding Bernice and TGTBT focuses them on tags instead, but I'm not sure how you'll ever get a psychographics off without Midseasons to power it.

Still it should massively shake up the meta. Should be pretty exciting.

edit: talking about Core only here. You can still Supermodernism with Hard-Hitting News etc. But Weyland and NBN are totally different from their Core 1.0 incarnations. HB has gained rigshooting as well as its usual tricks of money (though less with no ETF) and fast-advance. Jinteki is the closest to its Core 1.0 incarnation, but considerably beefed up.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Sep 12, 2017

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

For criminal in-faction consoles, doppelganger is reasonable, the gauntlet is reasonable, forger is good if you're geist, logos is cool and perhaps playable...

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CodfishCartographer posted:

So what console will crims even use now? Logos? Box-E? Polyhistor now that Jackson is dead?

Box-E is, I think, really underrated at giving crim a way to defend against BOOM! without resorting to hiring mercs

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

I'll probably just keep shoving 2-3 copies of aaron in my criminal decks and hoping that's good enough tbh.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I wasn't going to buy the new core sets but then they showed the new CT art. :negative:

Dinosaurus even has an eyepatch!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Rest in piss Yog, unloved and unwanted.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yog just can't catch a break in any card game.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Kaethela posted:

I wasn't going to buy the new core sets but then they showed the new CT art. :negative:

Dinosaurus even has an eyepatch!

I hadn't noticed. It's cool that she's a couple years older, you get to see a little change. I like that Gabe now looks like the Dos Equis guy.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Poor Gabe, got nerfed to only have three fingers instead of five.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Considering changing my title in memoriam once rotation hits

• Locked thread