Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Gingerbread House Music posted:

Oh, i know. I'm just confused by the weirdo posting after that.

You seem to have a recurring issue with this thing called "context". I suggest you work on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

A TURGID FATSO posted:

You seem to have a recurring issue with this thing called "context". I suggest you work on it.

Are you talking to me???

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
3/5 of Immortals show up late and hungover to their Grand Final match versus North. They got penalised a map then go on to lose 16-9 in the only game played.

IMT disband, -TACO +boltz please

https://twitter.com/SelflessRyu/status/906966002164011010

https://twitter.com/SelflessRyu/status/906968843129683969

https://twitter.com/NWhinston/status/906982089429475329

mcvey fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Sep 11, 2017

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Are you talking to me???

Ohhhhh, I see what you're doing here! How funny and topical! Are you still mad about you melting down due to an innocuous observation I had? Cool. Now let's move past this derail before you continue to make yourself into more of a tool, shall we?

mcvey posted:

3/5 of Immortals show up late and hungover to their Grand Final match versus North. They got penalised a map then go on to lose 16-9 in the only game played.

IMT disband, -TACO +boltz please

https://twitter.com/SelflessRyu/status/906966002164011010

https://twitter.com/SelflessRyu/status/906968843129683969

https://twitter.com/NWhinston/status/906982089429475329

This isn't the first time guys from Immortals have made themselves out to be unprofessional dickheads. It really is time that the organization takes some time to address the issues at hand and get rid of guys who keep loving up in big ways.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Ohhhhh, I see what you're doing here! How funny and topical! Are you still mad about you melting down due to an innocuous observation I had? Cool. Now let's move past this derail before you continue to make yourself into more of a tool, shall we?

What are you even talking about?

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Just shut the gently caress up oz, thanks

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

surc posted:

Just shut the gently caress up oz, thanks

How's your team coming surc?

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

How's your team coming surc?

Aren't you like a racist or something?

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
And he has a tattoo for a bad team in a game he doesn't even play.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

mcvey posted:

Always felt it was kind of a con that SK kicked boltz for TACO. Even if the guy looks like he's permanently on death's door, he's been a solid workhorse player from day one. TACO has gone on to be alright, but he was literally garbage for like 3 months straight or something. And boltz is still probably just better overall. Not to mention more obviously less of a prat.

In my vaguely monthly CS:GO overlook, things seem pretty topsy-turvy. Mouz looking strong with their new roster. North not totally failing at every event. G2 winning some games. For the first time ever I'd say it's pretty hard to pin down the best team in the game. You could put the Gambit major as a fluke event, but the LAN results post-major have been all over the place.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Kwilty posted:

Only if goons are a race!

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Jeza posted:

For the first time ever I'd say it's pretty hard to pin down the best team in the game. You could put the Gambit major as a fluke event, but the LAN results post-major have been all over the place.

Yeah there's definitely no clear top team at the moment. Even the top 3-5 is hard to pin down. I guess that's probably a good thing for competitive CS? More parity is always fun when it comes to watching games, except when Fnatic was the undisputed #1.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Should've gotten SK tattooed on his dick. Right on the top of the shaft, below the fer. People only see it if his pants have fallen. If they still can't it's probably just coldzera in the room. Probs not gonna hit the taco if that's the case. Felp, you win some you lose some

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

And he has a tattoo for a bad team in a game he doesn't even play.

He doesn't love the team he just loves the wiki

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Macnult posted:

He doesn't love the team he just loves the wiki

No, it's just all a ruse to hide my love of dota2.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Can we stop giving this jerkoff attention? Just report, block, and move on.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 11, 2017

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Kwilty posted:

He's a nazi sympathizer, which is honestly probably the same thing

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Advocating against initiating violence = maxi sympathizer, lolk

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Many sides :thunk:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Get hosed nerd

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

So the answer to my question was yes, yes you are a racist.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
we should all be maxi sympathizers. the fight against menstruation can't be done with bare hands

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Paradox of tolerance. Maybe see what you can learn about this.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I did a few rounds of War Games last night when it was deserted and had a few games of flying scouts against (mostly) bots and caught up on points to get a (lousy) operation drop. Lately I am feeling more like wishing people could just put their differences aside and just have fun with some good old-fashioned shooting each other every now and then.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:

Jeza posted:

Always felt it was kind of a con that SK kicked boltz for TACO. Even if the guy looks like he's permanently on death's door, he's been a solid workhorse player from day one. TACO has gone on to be alright, but he was literally garbage for like 3 months straight or something. And boltz is still probably just better overall. Not to mention more obviously less of a prat.
In my vaguely monthly CS:GO overlook, things seem pretty topsy-turvy. Mouz looking strong with their new roster. North not totally failing at every event. G2 winning some games. For the first time ever I'd say it's pretty hard to pin down the best team in the game. You could put the Gambit major as a fluke event, but the LAN results post-major have been all over the place.

Counter point: SK are the best team in the world. Also the positions people play need to work with the rest of the team, don't want 5 entry fragging stars. Will be interesting to see how Faze goes, a lot of raw power and expertise but are they all going to play around Guardian on the awp? Guardian seems to be a pretty up & down player. If he's not playing well and tilting how long will rain/niko/olof put up with it.

nftyw posted:

I did a few rounds of War Games last night when it was deserted and had a few games of flying scouts against (mostly) bots and caught up on points to get a (lousy) operation drop. Lately I am feeling more like wishing people could just put their differences aside and just have fun with some good old-fashioned shooting each other every now and then.

Agreed. I really enjoy flying scouts and I don't usually snipe

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Why do you hate maxi pads? Are you a Republican?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

yolandi posted:

Counter point: SK are the best team in the world. Also the positions people play need to work with the rest of the team, don't want 5 entry fragging stars.

But TACO is an entry fragger?? But also worse at it than boltz. Don't get me wrong, it's not like TACO is the worst ever, but in the -steel -boltz and +fnx +TACO switcheroo, it was fnx that was the net gain and not TACO. Even across SK's most successful year, 2016, TACO had a negative entry kill/death ratio.

Are they the best team in the world still? Possibly? But it's more of a case of no other team stepping up and SK just being there by default. They've shown quite a lot of weakness imo. Will be interesting to see the upcoming ELEAGUE and ESL One NY, although from the looks of it they've landed pretty safe groups in both. If they don't do great in either tournament, I'd say their ranking looks pretty dicey.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
i paid absolutely no attention to this past tournament but hearing that lucas and henrique are continuing their reputation of constantly being drunk at the least appropriate times and thereby loving their teammates doesn't surprise me in the least. why do teams keep signing these idiots

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

Jeza posted:

Are they the best team in the world still? Possibly? But it's more of a case of no other team stepping up and SK just being there by default.

That was enough for 6 months of Astralismania :shrug:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Cogu replacing kng for e-league let's goooooooo old man power :banjo:

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
All I know is that I'd love to see BIG with some real talent on the roster (which I doubt will ever happen). At the moment their play seems to be completely dependent on if tabseN is going god mode or not.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

playing a lot of pubg lately and coming back to a game where the shooting isnt absolute aids is just... :discourse: mwa

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Dongicus posted:

playing a lot of pubg lately and coming back to a game where the shooting isnt absolute aids is just... :discourse: mwa

What game are you talking about I'd like to play it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Viper_3000 posted:

All I know is that I'd love to see BIG with some real talent on the roster (which I doubt will ever happen). At the moment their play seems to be completely dependent on if tabseN is going god mode or not.

keev needs to step up, too.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
CSGO Beta patch
code:

Significantly reduced unarmored aimpunch.

Additional changes to pistols with the goal of emphasizing skillful use of the weapons.

Glock: Slight adjustments favoring accurate players who close the distance to their opponent.

Increased base damage
Reduced damage at longer distances
Slightly improved accuracy while firing rapidly
Slightly improved accuracy while moving

P250: The P250 has been adjusted to reward longer-distance engagements, particularly against unarmored opponents.

Increased base damage
Reduced armor penetration
Improved damage at longer distances
Reduced accuracy while moving

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

New aim punch:

https://plays.tv/video/59b8853c85a4c28fb9/new-aimpunch

Seems pretty significant and therefore good.

e: comparison
https://gfycat.com/GraciousVioletHydatidtapeworm

mcvey fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Sep 13, 2017

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

All those changes look good, p250 gets a buff where it sucked the most, glock benefits holding W and firing fast.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Hmm those aim punch changes

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Photex posted:

All those changes look good, p250 gets a buff where it sucked the most, glock benefits holding W and firing fast.

Sad to see armor pen go down, wonder what that means for the 2-taps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:

Jeza posted:

But TACO is an entry fragger?? But also worse at it than boltz. Don't get me wrong, it's not like TACO is the worst ever, but in the -steel -boltz and +fnx +TACO switcheroo, it was fnx that was the net gain and not TACO. Even across SK's most successful year, 2016, TACO had a negative entry kill/death ratio.

Are they the best team in the world still? Possibly? But it's more of a case of no other team stepping up and SK just being there by default. They've shown quite a lot of weakness imo. Will be interesting to see the upcoming ELEAGUE and ESL One NY, although from the looks of it they've landed pretty safe groups in both. If they don't do great in either tournament, I'd say their ranking looks pretty dicey.

I think having a set of personalities that gel and play well together is a pre-req for a #1 team. Just look at UK cs and how none of the teams ever manage to stick together or find success. Like even a Renegades from AU team got somewhere, and its not like they got that much exposure to quality competition.

That said I don't really know the Brazilian players well enough to get the skills and relationships. Agree also that SK aren't a convincing #1. I wonder if the closeness between the top teams is about game balance and overall skill levels vs elements of randomness. There have been some pretty big hitbox/hitreg fixes over the last few years so I'm less inclined to think its due to randomness, but we've probably all seen one missed shot in a key round turn the tide of a match.