Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Koi Kaze finally out in Deresute

Militheater event has started. Seems like the Yayoi ranking SR has a change in Yayoi hairstyle as well. Song is cute but by god it's hard to grind it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/demirinz/status/906172113232343040

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
https://twitter.com/khntkn/status/906058703098396672

I don't know what most of that says, but people putting messages in event rankings is always neat.

Wonder how they coordinated it. Believing 40 people just managed to come up with a coherent message on a whim like that is a bit much.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I don't know how you'd even assure yourself of an exact score like that in a groove event. It'd be more-or-less straightforward in a token event but it seems like the exact scoring factors in groove would make that difficult.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I assumed they changed their names after the rankings, because doing it otherwise would definitely be impossible, like you said.

Especially since I'm pretty sure that when scores are equal, it's first in time.

oh

170903. Yeah, I didn't notice that, that's a real nice touch. But that's definitely doable — I'm almost positive that you get a fixed number of points for a given rank/difficulty. Well, besides the relative difficulty of getting your score in the right spot, assuming you can't just get S's. Now, if it was a live party, that'd be a different story.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

According to the smart people on Reddit your exact groove score depends on your finishing applause level. This is good, because it makes it possible to get a very specific score, but it also means you have to do exactly what's needed to get that score.

I guess if you're good enough you can just fiddle enough at the beginning to set yourself up for a constant stream of 50+s to take you there.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I appreciate all animus that look like pop team epic

Nice! Now if only we can fusion both of ours into the idolized version (lol as if, I really like the unidolized mouse w/ chips version)

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Chill la Chill posted:

I appreciate all animus that look like pop team epic

that guy IS the pop team epic guy lol

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Futaba Anzu posted:

If you don't make that your avatar I will be very disappointed, PandaK.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

what are you going to do, probate me?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Futaba Anzu posted:

what are you going to do, probate me?

I already told you, I'm going to be very disappointed.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Allarion posted:

Idolw@tch returns! At 1pm pdt/ 4 pm edt/ 8 pm utc!

Starting in 10! https://cytu.be/r/kotori

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Well, it's no Shooting Stars, but, people might be holding back now because they know the 2x/4x option will come eventually. Also, it's longer overall.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Got my 2nd Live ticket for Sunday October 15 yesterday, picked it up at the physical Village East box office since I was in the area anyway, plus no service charge. Just gotta make sure I don't lose the thing in the intervening month, since it's just a regular looking movie ticket.

Gonna be a helluva birthday present to myself, coming a week after, plus me winding down from working NYCC for the 8th time the weekend prior... So excite, gonna finally be able to bring my nesoberi to a LL event!

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

According to the smart people on Reddit your exact groove score depends on your finishing applause level. This is good, because it makes it possible to get a very specific score, but it also means you have to do exactly what's needed to get that score.

I guess if you're good enough you can just fiddle enough at the beginning to set yourself up for a constant stream of 50+s to take you there.

Oh, that's pretty interesting, actually. It makes perfect sense that each note's score affects the amount of +applause you get like that. I also never noticed that the different applause levels gave different points, I've always just assumed it was ~500 pts/ 3+e (M) (S score), rather than that scale. I guess that's the only event type that actually gives you something besides a possible higher score for doing M+, too — seems a B rank M+ gives you a few more points than an S on Master (unlike everything else, which is a straight increase across the board), assuming their chart is right.

Also worth noting: of their small chart of recent event borders, this event (shortest duration)'s 2000 rank border was outstripped only by the enka song with a Kaede, which was two days longer. I guess some people really wanted a boatload of Fumis.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/HARUMAKING777/status/906878956606955520

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I purged a bunch of friends on love live WW that hadn't logged in for over a month (or several) and now I have no friends. :downs:

I have a lvl.100 Valentine's Yohane UR with princess heal in my main team slot if that appeals? ID: 619058730

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
I started playing LLSIF over the weekend. Still not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing as far as leveling and stuff, but I did pull this today

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Happy birthday, birb

astr0man posted:

I started playing LLSIF over the weekend. Still not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing as far as leveling and stuff, but I did pull this today

Good start!

Futaba Anzu posted:

Excellent!

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

It's still summertime for birb

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

astr0man posted:

Thaaaaat's a die.

emormu
Jan 16, 2012

GhostStalker posted:

Got my 2nd Live ticket for Sunday October 15 yesterday, picked it up at the physical Village East box office since I was in the area anyway, plus no service charge. Just gotta make sure I don't lose the thing in the intervening month, since it's just a regular looking movie ticket.

Gonna be a helluva birthday present to myself, coming a week after, plus me winding down from working NYCC for the 8th time the weekend prior... So excite, gonna finally be able to bring my nesoberi to a LL event!

Changed my ticket to Sunday since that is when the group I will be with is mainly going (also have a race on Sat that I completely forgot about). Maybe I'll see you there. Still need to decide which nesos to bring.

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

coolusername posted:

I purged a bunch of friends on love live WW that hadn't logged in for over a month (or several) and now I have no friends. :downs:

I have a lvl.100 Valentine's Yohane UR with princess heal in my main team slot if that appeals? ID: 619058730

Sent a request, I'm Nyamazing! That Yohane is going help me out so much.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Can someone explain the LLSIF birthday step up scouting thing for me? I get that you do 30, 40, 50 loveca rolls to get the guaranteed SSR+ on the last roll, but I was confused by the "solo" thing. Do you only get 1 card per roll or is it 11 cards where all 11 are the same idol?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

astr0man posted:

Can someone explain the LLSIF birthday step up scouting thing for me? I get that you do 30, 40, 50 loveca rolls to get the guaranteed SSR+ on the last roll, but I was confused by the "solo" thing. Do you only get 1 card per roll or is it 11 cards where all 11 are the same idol?

The latter. It's a cheaper 11 roll that only has Kotori in the box.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
yeah, like so:

Kotori is very cute, but I'd have liked something more :sigh:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

astr0man posted:

for leveling, there's 2 schools of thought:
  1. level your lovely cards that you're never going to use first, because you want to max level everything so you can't feed them to other idols until they've been maxed
  2. level your best cards first, because gently caress clogging your inventory with hundreds of lovely cards waiting to be maxed, all the while having weak teams

The advantage of 1 over 2 is that if you do max level all your Ns & Rs you'll get a dozen or so gems out of it from missions. The important thing, really, is to make sure you're maxing out their bond for the one gem each.

Welcome to idols!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

yeah, like so:

Kotori is very cute, but I'd have liked something more :sigh:

Kotori ftw

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

for leveling, there's 2 schools of thought:

This was helpful thanks! Is it ok to use stickers for idolizing cards or should I just be saving them up to buy blue tickets?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think some people use them to buy skill up stuff?

But I only want cute rare idols in my team so I just convert all the R Seals to Blue Tickets.

SR Seals are used to idolize SSRs and URs.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I did a 30-gem kotori pull and got an SSR. I think SSRs clogging up your pool is the new thing. I have a dozen of them that are unmatched :v: but I don't want to carelessly get rid of them like I do with SRs

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

For sticker usage I use the 20 R stickers to idolize a SR then dump the SR after I level it and get the love gem from it. Then I get 25 SR stickers to idolize my URs. Maxed idolized SSRs are really strong I'd hang onto them until you find the team they can fit well into, then I'd dump the unusable ones and max out the team ones. When I started out on my JP account I would dump all my SRs without idolizing and get blue tickets until I got an ultra rare. It worked really well, but it was super frustrating.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

astr0man posted:

This was helpful thanks! Is it ok to use stickers for idolizing cards or should I just be saving them up to buy blue tickets?

I personally wait to idolize Rs until I get a matching one, but the only reason to do that instead of using a sticker is to save the 50k it costs to do it with the sticker. Either way, it's well worth it to idolize your Rs, because then you can get a gem for max bonding them, and a gem is certainly worth more than an R sticker.

Leos Klein posted:

For sticker usage I use the 20 R stickers to idolize a SR then dump the SR after I level it and get the love gem from it. Then I get 25 SR stickers to idolize my URs. Maxed idolized SSRs are really strong I'd hang onto them until you find the team they can fit well into, then I'd dump the unusable ones and max out the team ones. When I started out on my JP account I would dump all my SRs without idolizing and get blue tickets until I got an ultra rare. It worked really well, but it was super frustrating.

I don't think a gem is worth more than 20 R stickers, though. Also new friend certainly doesn't have enough SRs to be getting rid of them at this point.

Hate-Senpai posted:

I think some people use them to buy skill up stuff?

But I only want cute rare idols in my team so I just convert all the R Seals to Blue Tickets.

SR Seals are used to idolize SSRs and URs.

Yeah, this is really what they're for. With my R stickers, I buy the monthly skill-up teachers from the sticker shop, then spend any leftovers on blue tickets. SR seals either idolize cards I like or occasionally are used for blue tickets as well. For new friend, I'd advise spending all spare stickers on blue tickets to fill out the roster.

Oh, just in case you aren't familiar with blue tickets: the last tab in premium scouting in the scouting menu lets you make blue ticket pulls, which, at the basic level, cost 5 blue tickets for a single 80%/20% SR/UR pull. Well worth it. Avoid the pull that only costs 1 blue ticket; that's a trap for whales.

Also, add folks from the OP to your friends list! I try to make a habit of accepting all requests I get just in case it's someone from here. Having UR friends really helps out in getting better scores at the beginning.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
oh poo poo, no one asked new friend the most important question: who's your best girl?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Oh I wasn't sure if that list in the OP was still valid so I hadn't added anyone. You can add me to the OP too: 481736825. I'm assuming I am on the EN server because the separate KR server doesn't exist any more right?

and best girl is Yohane

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
A reasonable choice. Yoshiko is good.

we r frnz

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

astr0man posted:

Oh I wasn't sure if that list in the OP was still valid so I hadn't added anyone. You can add me to the OP too: 481736825. I'm assuming I am on the EN server because the separate KR server doesn't exist any more right?

and best girl is Yohane

Request sent.

As for what to do with Seals, I usually just use 20 to idolize my SRs, to get through my massive backlog of them from events and such, plus whatever I pick up from scouting, though it is mad expensive. I have been building up a bunch of G just selling excess school idol skills and just not spending it in events, so it's not too big of a problem, though next Medley or Challenge Fest I might feel it in the end depending on what bonuses I spend on. I probably should spend more of my normal seals on blue tickets or those skill boosting teachers (I had bought one or two a couple months back, but just never went all out on them like I probably should have realized was important to boost skills and such).

Haven't gotten much more than 1 SR seal from an event, as I just can't bring myself to practice away my max bonded SRs, and I haven't maxed any of them yet either because I don't practice away my max leveled and bonded Ns, even though all they do is sit in my album taking up space that I need to spend loveca expanding it like every time I do an 11 scout. I probably should cull a bunch of them, but I just can't bring myself to do so, therefore my teams continue to only be around level 50 or so.

Still, I usually don't do too badly in Score Matches and stuff like that, though I think my Event Score ranking suffers a bit from it.

Speaking of scouting, my Kotori birthday scout yesterday morning wasn't too bad, only got one new SR, but got to idolize two more, even if I had already gotten one with seals. Oh well, more skill slots is always worth.

Also, last weekend I was in Flushing for some dim sum with family and I dropped by my "local" (to my parents' new house, I guess, 2 hours from where I currently live by mass transit) animu shop and convention dealer's room stalwart and asked if they had any new LL merch. Owner who I am somewhat friendly with said that they had some signed full sized file folders, so I decided to check those out. First basket they pointed me towards had a bunch of older Muse ones, which are still cool (like head shots of their original maid outfits from that second single of theirs) plus "signed" printed signature Ruby, Maru, Kanan, and Riko ones in their first single costumes. Not seeing any of the ones I wanted, decided to check the other basket which didn't have as much available. Near the bottom, hit the jackpot, found one with a waifu and got it for $6.

I already had the printed signature postcard with all the Aqours members that they gave out at the First Live screening back in March, but I was still happy to find this! My LL merch shrine grows, stuck it with the rest of my stuff to bring to the Second Live screening next month. So excite!

emormu posted:

Changed my ticket to Sunday since that is when the group I will be with is mainly going (also have a race on Sat that I completely forgot about). Maybe I'll see you there. Still need to decide which nesos to bring.
Yeah, maybe I will see you there. My AV is a fairly recent photo of me (only 3 and a half years old, I guess) and I'll likely have my You nesoberi with me and an old and battered GitS:SAC shoulder bag filled with other merch and with pins down the front strap since I don't have an ita bag to display it all yet.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 13, 2017

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u_-WoeIj1c8

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Love Live. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Nico's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation - her personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand their stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Love Live truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Nico's existencial catchphrase "Nico Nico Nii," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Kimino Sakurako's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂

And yes by the way, I DO have a Love Live tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personell kid 😎

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Powerful and potent birthday wishes to the sweet angel