Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Rhyno posted:

The truck is probably all SAE right? I hope the poo poo I'm sending is useful.

But is the camper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Did we ever figure out the brake pedal linkage fouling on the frame?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Did we ever figure out the brake pedal linkage fouling on the frame?

Hammer

strip the front end back off and grind

I WOKE UP WITH A FLY IN MY NOSE

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Don't smoke the fly pellets.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Anuvin posted:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0273/4347/files/1995_coleman_destiny_series.pdf?166952328207538286288

This has a very detailed breakdown that is a lot more informative. Also, if you go back sometime in the last ten pages someone posted a picture of the mechanism.

Edit: Thanks again to everyone in this thread, it makes me very happy. Bonus thanks to Dave and Tremek for being badasses.
Edit: here it is

I saw the diagram the first time, just didn't quite understand where cables were going. It looks to me like something that can be taken apart and replaced with a ratchet strap until it comes time to let it back down.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Okay gently caress please im begging for that tent from shopco even if i onlu use it a few days im torn to pieces and i cant stop scratching i have bites loving EVERYWHERE and no way to escape

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Is there a tent on its way at the moment? The Shopko in Valentine has in-store pickup, so I'd be willing to buy this tent right now for Dave to pick up today.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Deteriorata posted:

Is there a tent on its way at the moment? The Shopko in Valentine has in-store pickup, so I'd be willing to buy this tent right now for Dave to pick up today.

Theres a camp hammock in my bike box showing up next week

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

Theres a camp hammock in my bike box showing up next week

Is that a yes or no on the tent? It's not much but will keep the flies off you.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Can we use dick dicer as the pickup name?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hornets and huge massive ground spiders have claimed the truck. Sorry Sims

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Deteriorata posted:

Is that a yes or no on the tent? It's not much but will keep the flies off you.

Yes please there wont be anythint lefr of me by next week

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016
I feel your pain about getting bitten to death by flying fuckers. This is the only stuff I have found that eliminates the itch:
http://www.shopko.com/product/entity/93307.uts

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

DICK DICER posted:

Okay gently caress please im begging for that tent from shopco even if i onlu use it a few days im torn to pieces and i cant stop scratching i have bites loving EVERYWHERE and no way to escape

Why cant you zip the trailer up to keep them out?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I think the door fell off or something. There are probably fly sized holes all over too.

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I'm definitely willing to kick in on the tent even if it gets tossed in a week. Totally feel the pain on evil nebraska bugs.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

I thought the door couldn't go in because the roof couldn't go high enough to make it go in.

Edit: I'd kick in on the tent but I just kicked in for the bike shipping and I've spent a lot this month :(

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

OK. Tent is bought and paid for. It's under the name of Thomas Moyer and Order number = 927119

Head down to Shopko and pick it up!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

shortspecialbus posted:

I thought the door couldn't go in because the roof couldn't go high enough to make it go in.

Edit: I'd kick in on the tent but I just kicked in for the bike shipping and I've spent a lot this month

Dont worry about it but yes its this reason

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

https://northplatte.craigslist.org/rvs/d/1965-aristocrat-lo-liner-rv/6282239773.html

Let's build an RV convoy.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

2020: Burning Man is bankrupt, replaced by a yearly pilgrimage to Nebraska, home of a man they call the Inch.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

2020: Burning Man is bankrupt, replaced by a yearly pilgrimage to Nebraska, home of a man they call the Inch.

Same amount of dangerous fire, fewer middle-class assholes.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

spog posted:

Same amount of dangerous fire, fewer middle-class assholes.

Im p sure thats why djdaddo has come to check on me every morning lol

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
You have a miniature dog on your shoulder.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Yeah but carrier insurance never pays out unless you have receipts to prove what everything was worth. :allears:

Fedex is slightly less rear end in a top hat to deal with than UPS.

This is what FedEx requests as part of the claim:

quote:

Proof-of-value documentation: copy of original invoice from vendor/supplier, copy of retail invoice/receipt, final confirmation screen (if it’s an online order) with proof of payment, itemized repair invoice or statement of non-repair, appraisal(s), expense statement — any applicable documentation.

So an original receipt is good, but you can also just show how much the bike is worth using advertising, etc.

My wife got FedEx to pay out on $1500 worth of ceramic art they destroyed, and that was basically without any ability to document a market value (since uh, they fuckin' broke it before it could be sold). We just took pictures of the completely wrecked box, the contents, and a piece of paper we'd made with the prices of the pieces on it. They did not push back at all.

The real value with insurance though is that the packages get flagged as high value and handled accordingly. When I was at UPS in the mid 90s, all the high value boxes went in a locked cage and us basic bitches on the sort line weren't allowed to handle them.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Fo3 posted:

You have a miniature dog on your shoulder.

Its been semi following me around town barking at me

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

DICK DICER posted:

Its been semi following me around town barking at me

Is the dog's name Cherokee?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Is the dog's name Dogmeat?

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

I feel your pain about getting bitten to death by flying fuckers. This is the only stuff I have found that eliminates the itch:
http://www.shopko.com/product/entity/93307.uts

Was seriously expecting you to just link the panther piss.

Savington
Apr 9, 2007
I'm not Stinkmeister, this title is here so waar can tell the difference between Stinkmeister and myself in mafia games.
I am not a Fedex user, but with UPS, you can literally send a driver with a label to any location and they will attempt to pick up a box meeting the description on that label. If they find it, the driver will put the label on it, put it in their truck, and bring it to the sorting hub. It's called UPS Returns Plus. Unsure if Fedex offers this, but it's worth looking into.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Savington posted:

I am not a Fedex user, but with UPS, you can literally send a driver with a label to any location and they will attempt to pick up a box meeting the description on that label. If they find it, the driver will put the label on it, put it in their truck, and bring it to the sorting hub. It's called UPS Returns Plus. Unsure if Fedex offers this, but it's worth looking into.

They didn't seem to offer tgis. However, the label has been stuck on apparently.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I am going to have some random guy stick a sticker on a ps4 super x addition and send the fed ex guy in to get it for me.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Label is attached.

Tent deployed, nearly 2 dozen bites encircling this ankle alone. Could easily be hundreds total.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Yay! Once you get the camper sorted out, you can use the tent for storing stuff out of the weather. Money well spent.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Thought you hadn't fixed tge rear light issue

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Thought you hadn't fixed tge rear light issue

I didnt lol

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
They've landed

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Oh poo poo I thought that was the rear of a bike with panniers on it and lights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Does anyone else find it ironic that Dave finally made it out to Valentine, and now the unbearable itching, scratching, and sores actually are being caused by swarms of tiny living creatures attacking his body?

• Locked thread