Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
i want froskurin to be my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

https://twitter.com/iCrystalization/status/907583801240571904

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
congratulations to tsm for getting embarrassed at msi and still getting a group that looks like the play in stage.

#boysfromthebay
#blessed

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

there is an outcome where Team WE can't end up in any group but D so it's not like TSM just gets a free group

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
stop telling me facts and start telling me when the tsm syndra skin goes on sale tia

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

well even if Team WE ends up in group D there's a non-zero chance that they play jungle Ezreal against TSM and lose for no good reason. of course there's a non-zero chance that they play jungle Ezreal against TSM and somehow the ardent censer Janna/Twitch/Ezreal comp destroys them, too.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

for what its worth CJ vers Ever 8 are playing the final game to decide who gets relegated. i think both teams are boring but Cepted is still pretty hyped up. he's gonna look really good with his hands outstretched towards the LZIM payroll department while they beat him with canes

Tuiri
Jun 9, 2013
G2 are going to break Deficio's heart once more.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I actually really like Misfits in that group. I think it will be WE - Misfits in Group D.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Rookie's face when he immediately condemned China's #1 to death by drawing SKT was the best part of this draw. Also TSM gets the softball group again and if they don't make it into Knock-outs it's their own drat fault

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The question for me is do AHQ even bother getting on the plane.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

njsykora posted:

The question for me is do AHQ even bother getting on the plane.
Only if they bring in Westdoor to play Akali and Fizz randomly

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Sexpansion posted:

I actually really like Misfits in that group. I think it will be WE - Misfits in Group D.

it's always a toss up when you get a (mostly) rookie team playing internationally for the first time but it would be so sick if my UK boys alphari and maxlore showed up. i think group D will be a fun watch for sure

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Digital Jedi posted:

TSM getting the best possible draw to make it out of groups

Group A:
Edward Gaming
SK Telecom
Flash Wolves

Group B:
Longzhu Gaming
Immortals
Gigabyte Marines

Group C:
G2 Esports
Samsung Galaxy
Royal Never Give Up

Group D:
Flash Wolves
Misfits
Team Solomid

Yolo Flashwolves such a good team it gets two chances to make it out of groups :v:

RealFoxy posted:

Rookie's face when he immediately condemned China's #1 to death by drawing SKT was the best part of this draw. Also TSM gets the softball group again and if they don't make it into Knock-outs it's their own drat fault

Word, this is TSM's chance to earn a quarters spot fair and square. No excuses if they can't make it!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

there is an outcome where Team WE can't end up in any group but D so it's not like TSM just gets a free group

Still, that's probably the best possible group they could've drawn. Comparatively, IMT may as well have been handed a bottle of wine and a gun unless LZ does some 2016 ROX-level slacking off in Groups.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
ohh poo poo we get PoE vs bjerg again as well. group D owns

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Lovechop posted:

i want PoE to humiliate at least one team at worlds by winning a game with nashor's orianna

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Lovechop posted:

John Cena vs an Evil heel? No way, I've never seen this before!

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
IMT has a hard group but they can conceivably get out second. Even though it looks like TSM has an easy group, I actually think it's kind of hard assuming WE gets in.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Vermain posted:

Still, that's probably the best possible group they could've drawn. Comparatively, IMT may as well have been handed a bottle of wine and a gun unless LZ does some 2016 ROX-level slacking off in Groups.

its possible that by the time worlds comes around the LZIM players will have run out of food and may suffer from undernourishment, and be willing to throw games in exchange for food, socks, and underwear

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

IMT has a hard group but they can conceivably get out second. Even though it looks like TSM has an easy group, I actually think it's kind of hard assuming WE gets in.

I think a lot of it will depend on if they can get Cody Sun's nerves sorted out by the time of Worlds. The current meta is so insanely ADC focused that you have to have near-perfect positioning in pitched fights or else your team's probably gonna lose.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

i hope GAM win group B to be totally honest, Levi is one of the most entertaining dudes to watch

Ya Levi is actually insane.

Vermain posted:

i want PoE to humiliate at least one team at worlds by winning a game with nashor's orianna

Hopefully he goes full PoE with Nashors+Roa.

I know in the post draw segment Deficio and others compared them to Spylce which I think is crazy. Only thing they have common is players with 0 international experience which will hurt them but they are in a way easier group.

Anyway its hard to predict some of the groups because the third pool teams from play ins could completely tilt those groups. Especially WE or Fnatic if they dominate in the play in stage.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Lovechop posted:

how insane is it that NA lost their pool one seed and still get that group lol

For like the last 3 years NAs 1 seed has been against the dumbest hardest possible groups & meanwhile EU gets a groups like TSMs this year and everyone pats themselves on the back about how developed their region is.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Work Friend Keven posted:

For like the last 3 years NAs 1 seed has been against the dumbest hardest possible groups & meanwhile EU gets a groups like TSMs this year and everyone pats themselves on the back about how developed their region is.

yeah TSM have had insanely hard groups for the past 2 years at least (KT, LGD, OG, TSM was probably the most stacked group worlds ever) so it's fair enough that they got an easier one this time. it's just funny that it took losing pool 1 seed to do it lol

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
They're playing the long game baby.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

They're playing the long game baby.

So playing till finals to get trashed?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

rabidsquid posted:

C9 or FNC if they get out have a 50% chance to end up in group A, lmao. if team WE get out they can only go to B or D, and i would like GAM to have the best chance of advancing so go gently caress with group D please

This was my first thought as well after checking the draw.

Cloud 9 can only end up in A or C, neither of which I can see them finishing higher than 3rd in.

Fnatic can only end up in A or B, might have a small chance at B, but absolutely no chance in A.

That's of course assuming a lot about the playin round. Could very well have some upsets there.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Digital Jedi posted:

So playing till finals to get trashed?

Do you think literally anyone anywhere would be sad or feel it was a disappointment if any western team made it to finals.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Do you think literally anyone anywhere would be sad or feel it was a disappointment if any western team made it to finals.

Second place is first loser baby!!!!

at least win one game in the quarterfinals :(

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Tsm's group is the easiest if you ignore group b's existence and the fact that at worlds 3 things are guaranteed:
Skt first place
Europe #1 seed collapses
Tsm eliminated from groups by wildcard team

So it has been seen, so it shall be

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Yes but none of them post on this forum so who cares

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?

RealFoxy posted:

didn't they have the hardest group of season 6?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

mirrorquiz posted:

didn't they have the hardest group of season 6?
TSM were the only team to beat SSG besides SK Telecom, and the ONLY team to drop a game to Splyce. They lost to SPLYCE. And RNG wasn't doing great either.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

RealFoxy posted:

TSM were the only team to beat SSG besides SK Telecom, and the ONLY team to drop a game to Splyce. They lost to SPLYCE. And RNG wasn't doing great either.

What the hell are you talking about? TSM 2-0'd SPY. RNG was the team that lost to SPY.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Yeah TSM went 0-2 vs RNG (and iirc they could've easily won the second game) and 2-0'd Splyce.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

My brain doesn't work good no more :downs:

TSM lost to the team that lost to Splyce

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

rabidsquid posted:

well even if Team WE ends up in group D there's a non-zero chance that they play jungle Ezreal against TSM and lose for no good reason. of course there's a non-zero chance that they play jungle Ezreal against TSM and somehow the ardent censer Janna/Twitch/Ezreal comp destroys them, too.

ezreal jungle owns

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I posted it in the main thread, but I figured it'd be good to talk about 7.18, since, as far as I know, this'll be the patch Worlds is played on with Ornn disabled. Some key points:
  • Gragas' early clear is going to be less safer, and the change to Body Slam makes nailing Flash -> E more difficult. I expect he'll drop some in priority.
  • J4's probably won't stop being a major power pick. The Aegis nerf hurts lategame, but teams are generally picking him for early ganking power rather than his ability to survive late.
  • Expect to see a lot more Nidalee coming out. Teams are finally catching on to the fact that Nid can build Ardent + Grail and turn into this unstoppable siege machine by midgame, which lets you still pick a good tank support like Braum or Ali without sacrificing Ardent. Buffing her heal value only cements this further.
  • Expect Rakan to move down in priority with that change to Grand Entrance. Talisman/Righteous + Quickness + Grand Entrance is no longer a guaranteed pick (though it's still drat close to it). I think Ali will move up to largely take his place.
  • I expect mid Lucian to fall off pretty hard with the nerf to Relentless Pursuit. If you're looking for a double ADC comp, you'll probably see either Corki mid or the legendary jungle Ez instead of him.
  • Tristana's still going to be a top priority pick because of her safety, but she'll require a lot more time to get going. You might actually see Cait poking her nose out again, especially with the change to Fate's Call, and especially if lane bully supports like Karma or Zyra sneak back into the meta.
  • The nerf to Stoneplate might knock Cho'Gath out of the meta. Not sure how much of a damage nerf it is, but it's not insignificant. You might see slightly less tank priority overall, though I suspect teams will still be building strong frontlines regardless.
Kinda disappointing they didn't change Ardent, but I can understand why they're hesitant. Despite some goofy situations with it (like Stoneborn Morgana or jungle Sej buying it), you're actually seeing a fair amount of diversity in support picks still. It's not just people fighting over Zyra or Karma like you saw in the 2016 meta: you've got teams going for Janna/Lulu, but you've also got teams heavily prioritizing Rakan/Ali/Braum/Thresh, or even weird Trundle pocket picks.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Sep 12, 2017

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I don't think those changes to Stoneplate and Kalista will do much as you're picking Kalista and Cho probably more for objective control than their actual fighting strength, though making Cho's ult less of a carry deletion button is a good thing. Reverting Fiora's nerfs will basically mandate blind picking tanks to get bramble vest going. I also approve of anything that potentially brings Ivern back into the meta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I had hoped for a GMB - FNC group, but I'm content with WE - GMB too