Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

see this is why I asked where Clinton campaigned in that she actually won. loving incredible that she'd take this cop-out, and a less charitable reading would imply that she was so bad that it wouldn't matter if she campaigned in Wisconsin - she would have lost anyway!

Of course she would have, people there are racist

it was just racism, nothing else

racism is an unbeatable strategy in America

The republicans have finally figured out the "be really racist" exploit and now it is literally impossible to win against them

:baddemsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

lol at Hillary unironically arguing that the real problem wasn't all the bad poo poo she did but that people had the temerity to not pretend that it never happened.

I mean

that's kinda the treatment Trump got

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i think hill has said bernie isn't a dem like 5 times in this psa interview so far and i'm not even halfway through

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

there are at least three things wrong with this tweet

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Have you ever imagined
how the world might look
from underneath your shoes
to those you've trampled down?
That's a rhetorical question, honey.
Please don't answer.
I don't want to hear your voice right now.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

zegermans posted:

I mean

lol no

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

Of course she would have, people there are racist

it was just racism, nothing else

racism is an unbeatable strategy in America

The republicans have finally figured out the "be really racist" exploit and now it is literally impossible to win against them

:baddemsay:

I'd say that racism has become a much much stronger tool in a post-Obama world given how much casually racist people's brains absolutely loving broke under a black president. Anyway winning in the future isn't about convincing Billy Ray Sue Bob Jim Cetus III to not :votegop: it's about appealing to the base that is completely alienated and didn't bother to vote.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

k

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

I mean

People talked about his skeletons all the time, it's just that the kind of person who votes for Trump is well aware he's a huge scumbag and doesn't give a poo poo

zegermans posted:

I'd say that racism has become a much much stronger tool in a post-Obama world given how much casually racist people's brains absolutely loving broke under a black president. Anyway winning in the future isn't about convincing Billy Ray Sue Bob Jim Cetus III to not :votegop: it's about appealing to the base that is completely alienated and didn't bother to vote.

:agreed: actually, I'm just sick and loving tired of the "rural America is just racist, that's it, no reason to actually care about them beyond figuring out how to make their votes worth less" attitude that is still somehow getting stronger in blue states

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

loquacius posted:

People talked about his skeletons all the time, it's just that the kind of person who votes for Trump is well aware he's a huge scumbag and doesn't give a poo poo

:agreed: actually, I'm just sick and loving tired of the "rural America is just racist, that's it, no reason to actually care about them beyond figuring out how to make their votes worth less" attitude that is still somehow getting stronger in blue states

worthless is one word

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

natl popular vote compact bicht

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

hot take you can't be pro nazi punching and anti dehumanizing redneck filth

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
rurals everywhere suck rear end lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Squizzle posted:

worthless is one word

speaking of worthless

https://twitter.com/ericawerner/status/907616199453954048

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

this idea that every person in every state that went red in 2016 is automatically a Nazi is kind of what I'm talking about

actual Nazis can get punched all day ofc but it only took like 15% of a state's population to tip it to Trump and a nonzero quantity of those people were just desperate

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

well that's lovely

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

this idea that every person in every state that went red in 2016 is automatically a Nazi is kind of what I'm talking about

actual Nazis can get punched all day ofc but it only took like 15% of a state's population to tip it to Trump and a nonzero quantity of those people were just desperate

I'm not sure it's forgivable that just because you're desperate you vote for the idiot fascist straight up promising to make life more difficult for others.

I agree you can't just write off all of rural america, there are decent people that live there. Hell, I live there. But I also walk past at least 4 confederate flags... in Illinois.. every time I take my daughter for a stroller ride.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

zegermans posted:

I'm not sure it's forgivable that just because you're desperate you vote for the idiot fascist straight up promising to make life more difficult for others.

I agree you can't just write off all of rural america, there are decent people that live there. Hell, I live there. But I also walk past at least 4 confederate flags... in Illinois.. every time I take my daughter for a stroller ride.

lol I'm glad I live in a civilized area

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/shitshowdotinfo/status/907529602280644613

https://twitter.com/shitshowdotinfo/status/907523891014316032

lol HRC went full Russiagate in her book.

KREMLIN'S PROPAGANDA

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

pelosi is a. helping trump pass legislation and b. fighting single payer.

when does she switch parties

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

Is the plan just going to be pass some total garbage bill that has nothing to do with healthcare but call the bill "Medicare for all" and then act surprised when people get mad

the plan is to promise "Medicare for all" over and over again until they win the presidency and both houses of Congress, stall for two years by claiming they can't pass it yet because of filibusters and political capital, and then act surprised when the next midterm elections go overwhelmingly in the GOP's favor

loquacius posted:

the "rural America is just racist" thing is popular because it's an easy way to dodge responsibility and feel positive about losing

if they pretend racism is the number one priority of rural America and nothing else matters to rurals at all, then they don't have to think about the possibility that they had a bad platform that had zero appeal outside of liberal strongholds, nor do they have to consider that maybe their messaging was awful. they can just blame everything on not being racist enough, and then they don't have to critically examine any other part of the campaign they ran

and from there, they can reframe it one of two ways. they can paint it as a necessary sacrifice to win (just like the Dems are currently doing with their open embrace of anti-abortion groups) or they can present their loss as a triumph of moral courage for refusing to be racist

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Al! posted:

pelosi is a. helping trump pass legislation and b. fighting single payer.

when does she switch parties

This means Pelosi gets things done :grin:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

specifically keep going away from the clinton's mansion or else you'll be enslaved again

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/907618652194668545
https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/907619665576210433

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

loquacius posted:

People in cities are angry because they're getting hosed over by rural voters. Pretty classic divide and rule tactics that work both ways. Both sides are really gutting hosed by Capital but good luck with that argument.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

btw if anyone didn't click this link before do it now

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

zegermans posted:

I mean

Trump got a huge pass because he was promising the satisfaction of the basest Id within MAGA CHUDs, and as long as he could fulfill those promises then nothing else mattered.

Clinton by comparison promised practically nothing, other than that she wasn't Trump. Her die hards had to project their own ideals onto her in stead of having a genuine platform.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Hillfolk are weirder than any Bernie Bro

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

white sauce posted:

Hillfolk are weirder than any Bernie Bro

I didn't mortgage my house to pay for an obviously failing primary campaign nor name my daughter Hillary

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

I didn't mortgage my house to pay for an obviously failing primary campaign nor name my daughter Hillary

Congrats..?

You still voted for a slave owner lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

white sauce posted:

Congrats..?

You still voted for a slave owner lmao

a slave owner who made an entire party defend her rapist husband

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Rurals" is culture war bullshit.

Only 15-20% of Americans live in rural areas and most of them don't vote.

Meanwhile, suburban areas continue to vote GOP and cities continue to be racist as gently caress.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

I thought you said you weren't a Hillfolk :toughguy:

At any rate one of my Facebook friends changed her Facebook display name to "<first name> Hillary" and still has not changed it back

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

Nice, which chapter in Clinton's book is this from?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
if their votes were worth less, bernie would have won

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Al! posted:

if their votes were worth less, bernie would have won

The primary?? No, pretty much the opposite.

He would have won the general either way.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

how we celebrating What Happened Day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nikita Khrushchev posted:

how we celebrating What Happened Day?

I'm exchanging my labor for wages.

• Locked thread