Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
so whose re-reg is that anyway since i dont keep up with this godforsaken forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Should I post entire text of Combat Liberalism.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

John Henry Miller posted:

You are wasting your time. Condiv is a completely insane tankie. People in gulags deserved to be there, the Soviet Union didn't pollute and everything the United States does is bad.

You can't argue with someone like that because their worldview is so fundamentally warped.

Nice meltdown

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

InnercityGriot posted:

She's hilariously defensive on the Pod Save America podcast too.
Hillary was on Pod Save America? That sounds awful and I'm trying to find it.

"Support our President and legally elected government" = "deserves to be imprisoned" according to liberals.

The violence of the USSR wasn't some aberration. Violence and oppression are an essential part of leftwing thought. Coercion is the only way it works.
Yeah gently caress right off.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Skyscraper posted:

I'm guessing the poster was talking about the lady member of the 538 podcast.

E: Clair Malone?

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 12, 2017

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

"Support our President and legally elected government" = "deserves to be imprisoned" according to liberals.

The violence of the USSR wasn't some aberration. Violence and oppression are an essential part of leftwing thought. Coercion is the only way it works.

I'd gladly imprison you for these terrible posts

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

The Kingfish posted:

I'm guessing the poster was talking about the lady member of the 538 podcast.
Oh, that makes sense. Thanks.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Skyscraper posted:

Yeah gently caress right off.

It's their latest pod that dropped today.

Within the first eight minutes, "focused on people who want to defend the legacy of democrats."

:commissar:

The Aardvark fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 12, 2017

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

The Aardvark posted:

It's their latest pod that dropped today.

Ah you're right, it's on their RSS but not on the page that serves the podcasts. Always a good sign.
For anyone looking, here it is hot and fresh out the kitchen

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

HAHAHAH nvm. Here is Hillary Rodham Clinton on Pod Save America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EojYHbbltnI

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so whose re-reg is that anyway since i dont keep up with this godforsaken forum

My money's still on MIGF, but there really are so many candidates.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

first lie/halftruth is at about 6 minutes in. Bad Bernie "not even a democrat" Sanders dragged the primary out disrespectfully unlike HRC in 2008

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
I always thought Pod Save America had a lot of promise that just never gets realized. The normal crew is great when they can actually discuss the problems and challenges of their own preconceived or assumed ideas. That just doesn't happen very often. I recently picked up another episode to see if they've changed and it started out with a discussion about North Korea where one of the hosts pointed out how Trump's stance was not helpful (attacking the South Korean President) and the other host came back with the question of what was helpful. The answer was a summary of everything that had been done up to this point (sanctions). Yes, it's in a bad situation and the President isn't helping, what should the President be doing? Everything that has been done to reach the current situation. Shocking.

On the other hand, very good representation of the Democratic party.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

My money's still on MIGF, but there really are so many candidates.

Nah MIGF actually saw the light (a tad too late tho) and freely admitted that Bernie Would Have Won

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Everytime you start to get sympathetic to the Pod Save America guys just remember that they are 100% power-worshipping Obama Courtiers who are ok with blowing kids and grandmas to pieces in the Middle East and shoving everyone who isn't rich into the mud because Our Market Meritocracy Must Be Respected.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Everytime you start to get sympathetic to the Pod Save America guys just remember that they are 100% power-worshipping Obama Courtiers who are ok with blowing kids and grandmas to pieces in the Middle East and shoving everyone who isn't rich into the mud because Our Market Meritocracy Must Be Respected.

I too love building strawmen and then yelling hyperbole at them.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

white sauce posted:

Nah MIGF actually saw the light (a tad too late tho) and freely admitted that Bernie Would Have Won

MIGF hasn't seen any "light"; he's a gimmick poster whose positions change on a whim, depending on who he wants to annoy at that moment in time.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Good comeback, bootlicker.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
If you didn't attempt armed insurrection, you were technically ok with Obama blowing up those grandmas.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Avirosb posted:

If you didn't attempt armed insurrection, you were technically ok with Obama blowing up those grandmas.

All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Avirosb posted:

Ah, I see you criticize capitalism, yet you also participate in it! Checkmate.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The Kingfish posted:

first lie/halftruth is at about 6 minutes in. Bad Bernie "not even a democrat" Sanders dragged the primary out disrespectfully unlike HRC in 2008

I was going to listen until I read this. Ugh. That's become my least favorite Hillbot excuse: "He's not EVEN a DEMOCRAT! That matters because _____"

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Holy poo poo this HRC interview. She just said that wallstreet donors were giving money against their financial interests when they gave to Her and Obama.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Majorian posted:

I was going to listen until I read this. Ugh. That's become my least favorite Hillbot excuse: "He's not EVEN a DEMOCRAT! That matters because _____"

You should still listen.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

You would think someone who isn't even in your party offering a serious primary challenge to the heir apparent would give some pause at least, but when you're 100% certain of your world view...

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

She thinks people were dissatisfied with the Obama years because Sanders riled up the ignorant masses.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The Kingfish posted:

Holy poo poo this HRC interview. She just said that wallstreet donors were giving money against their financial interests when they gave to Her and Obama.

Hahaha

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Majorian posted:

It's that plus, UHC isn't realistic! bullshit. Jon Lovett actually asked her good questions, I thought, and she came off poorly in the answers. The Pod Save guys are frustrating because they seem aware of the arguments presented by the left but either screen them out (they have Democratic Party operatives or celebs on but no leftists, ever, except glenn greenwald like once) or they acknowledge the argument but do nothing with it. They have a pretty big platform, I sort of wish they were more useful, but Obamabros can only do so much, I suppose.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Pod Save America *NEVER* shoved anybody into any mud (Verrit Authentication Code: 68135489013598)

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

You would think someone who isn't even in your party offering a serious primary challenge to the heir apparent would give some pause at least, but when you're 100% certain of your world view...

They probably looked at Trump's success and saw a parallel.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Just remember that something like 80% of Dems like Sanders, and that Hillary's popularity has dropped further since she released this book and started talking. Almost nobody is buying this.

Skyscraper posted:

Pod Save America *NEVER* shoved anybody into any mud (Verrit Authentication Code: 68135489013598)

What's funny is these water carriers cannot refute the substance of my statement so they start throwing out vagaries about hyperbole or Facebook-level absurdities.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah Bernie, an independent with little national name recognition prior, doing as well as he did in the Democratic Primary should have been a canary that something was seriously wrong but instead they want to pretend they can yell at people enough to come vote out of obligation because the party leadership can never be wrong despite constant loses.

The fact they still don't understand that the Democratic branding is mud is pretty bad. They KINDA get it when you see them make claims they can't support certain candidates because if people are reminded a Democrat is running they will vote against them but that's more of an excuse to ignore certain races.

Just remember that something like 80% of Dems like Sanders, and that Hillary's popularity has dropped further since she released this book and started talking. Almost nobody is buying this.

What's funny is these water carriers cannot refute the substance of my statement so they start throwing out vagaries about hyperbole or Facebook-level absurdities.

It definitely feels like people are seeing this as a loser flailing desperately to save face more than anything else. I don't see why anyone would be in the tank for her anymore unless you are personally attached to her failed campaign in some way.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Sep 12, 2017

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

There's barely any substance to refute. Hillary voluntarily supported the Iraq war, and a phenomenally deadly drone campaign under Obama. I'm not sure what part you would be exaggerating.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Skyscraper posted:

There's barely any substance to refute. Hillary voluntarily supported the Iraq war, and a phenomenally deadly drone campaign under Obama. I'm not sure what part you would be exaggerating.

Clinton herself might be poo poo, but her worldview - of endless competition in a cut-throat meritocracy where "the best and brightest" make it to the top and rule over The End Of History as bipartisan competent managers - is still very popular with plenty of middle-class Dems and the party leadership.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

The Kingfish posted:

She thinks people were dissatisfied with the Obama years because Sanders riled up the ignorant masses.

"My teeth hurt."

- Average American

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Kingfish posted:

Seems like they were giving it to exactly the right person, to me.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
HRC is a treasure and I'm glad she has decided to spray agent Orange across the jungles of Democratic politics.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

You should still listen.

Why, exactly? Genuinely asking, because nothing I'm reading here is encouraging.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Is there where we make snarky posts about mainstream Democrats saying Bernie's ideas were too extreme and could never get passed and now like 5-6 Democrat senators are co-sponsoring his Medicare for All bill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ericawerner/status/907616199453954048

• Locked thread