Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Tahirovic posted:

I just unlocked the 121 but I am kinda in love with the WZ-120. Anyone done the transition and can tell me if it's worth it? I hardly see any 121 so I guess they are bad?

It's crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Did they boost the damage on the UDES gun in the last 8 months? I was just dicking around and hit 2500 before I even knew what was going on.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Here's my shot of the day:
http://i.imgur.com/vvWEDhF.gifv

Yes, I'm the JT88 in the lower-right corner taking a crap shot and getting something out of it anyway.
Holy rust bricks. :stare:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Did they boost the damage on the UDES gun in the last 8 months? I was just dicking around and hit 2500 before I even knew what was going on.

Congrats on high-rolling 6 shots in a row.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

No, thank You...

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The WZ-120-1G FT is a loving disgusting credit earner, much more so than my JT88. The aimtime still sucks dick, but it's a tier 8 SU-122-44 with good mobility and an invisibility cloak that prints cash out the rear end.

And it's somehow a statpadder, while you need to do like five times your HP in damage in the tier IV TD to even reach 1900 WN8 or so.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
It's a stat padder because its a premium tank so 75% of them will be driven by dribbling retards doing 500 damage a game.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
fml s18th ranked battles again

these exp boosters are waaaaayyy faster than i thought even, the battles to loving exp ratio is fuckin insane! lol

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 11, 2017

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
They're not doing you any favors. XP boosters just make the gate silver/credits, which oh hey have you heard about the new Chinese premium TD and how many of those it shits?!?!?

It's another thing they've brought over from WoWS.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

serious gaylord posted:

It's a stat padder because its a premium tank so 75% of them will be driven by dribbling retards doing 500 damage a game.
500 damage? I wish.

There aren't words really. This was a tier VII Redshire. I'm not sure I can adjust my expectations of pubbie teams any lower. Gonna have to try I guess.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I redid my monitor setup. The 25" ultra-wide (21:9) was replaced by a bigger 34" version; same resolution (2560x1080, WFHD) but a massive increase in area. It's a little ridiculous sitting <2' away from that thing and gaming since you have to turn your head to see everything, but it's awesome; I even was able to reduce the size of the minimap, which I usually have as high as the player panel.

The second monitor is a 28" 4k refurb that I got cheap from meh.com. It's the second 4k monitor I've ever seen/used/owned (the first being a ridiculous 12" panel on a Razer Blade Stealth) and it's fantastic. UHD video plays wonderfully with a ton of detail, and there's so much loving screen real estate. It's basically as high as the 34", but the latter is perhaps 6" wider. I'm running it at native resolution with no magnification, so it can be a little difficult to read text but it's manageable. I've got it sitting off to the right, next to the ultrawide, although I'm considering putting the latter on a tall VESA stand and having the former in front of me as the primary display (it doesn't have a VESA mounting option.) I played a couple of WoT battles at 4k, the first one in an SPG to test things and then another in that tier 6 Chinese TD. The 1070 runs WoT OK at that resolution, but it's definitely struggling. You can disable AA (which isn't needed at such a high resolution) and perhaps some other details to bump up the frame rate, and/or you could use the 3D resolution scaler function or whatever it's called, which reduces the internal resolution of the game (i.e. the non-interface, 3D component) to ease the load on the GPU.

All that being said, WoT is pretty great at 4k and/or on a big ol' ultrawide! Note that 4k is exactly 4x FHD resolution (3840x2160 vs 1920x1080) so you can have a moderately powerful system with a 4k panel for general use and video, and then just play games at FHD resolution which scales perfectly.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Ran a bunch of Tier IV matches in my SU-76G. Played well. Didn't matter. Tank winrate dropped from 100% to 38%. Good times.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Yeah I am somehow really bad at carrying these days, especially on the open maps I somehow end up being a primary target for arty. That and my Chinese tanks have so much mobility that I overextend or don't check the minimap enough and end up in 1 vs 8 fights.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Does this loving game have a single map which isn't cancerously poo poo?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Does this loving game have a single map which isn't cancerously poo poo?

if it does, don't worry. they'll ruin it with an update soon enough.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They're not doing you any favors. XP boosters just make the gate silver/credits, which oh hey have you heard about the new Chinese premium TD and how many of those it shits?!?!?

It's another thing they've brought over from WoWS.

I always run exp boosters because I have 300+ of them and earn them faster than I'll ever use them but yeah, it just makes the primary grind even worse. Makes those stock grinds a lot more bearable at least.

I hate the credit grind. It's so stupid. Putting in artificial gates in a F2P game is fine. I just have no interest in popping boosters and flip flopping T8 premos (especially in the current "every match is T10" meta we have) until my eyes bleed, just so I can afford one of the fifteen tanks I have unlocked after 3+ hours of that poo poo. It's stupid as hell.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I like that every map updates adds small breaks to the terrain, to make sure gun depression stays the #1 stat in the game. Sadly my beloved Chinese tanks suffer the most from this.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

So I guess I get a free tier 10 when the FV215b is replaced by the Super Conqueror.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Cardiac posted:

So I guess I get a free tier 10 when the FV215b is replaced by the Super Conqueror.

I knew buying it during the On Track last month was the right call.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

RanKizama posted:

Ran a bunch of Tier IV matches in my SU-76G. Played well. Didn't matter. Tank winrate dropped from 100% to 38%. Good times.

Yeah, that's been my experience these past few days. I've gone from a 60%+ winrate to ~35% on some tanks, albeit only after some dozens of matches. But it's been loving hell.

E: doubly so because most of the time I'm a tier 7 in a tier 9 match or a tier 8 in a tier 10 match and I'm extremely reliant on my shitbox teammates who seem to spend most of their time having some kind of retarded Poland/Russia poo poo flinging match in team chat.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 12, 2017

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Super Conq confirmed for 9.20.1. If you have the 215b in your garage you will get it as a free T10 premium tank in addition to the Super Conq:

https://thedailybounce.net/2017/09/12/world-of-tanks-update-9-20-1-super-conqueror-confirmed/

Edit: Somewhat old article about the Super Conq: https://thedailybounce.net/2017/08/11/supertest-super-conqueror-tier-x-british-heavy-tank/

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 12, 2017

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The Super Conq is going to be basically immune to HEAT, right?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I think its entire turret front and side is like spacced armor out the b hole or something.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

The Super Conq is going to be basically immune to HEAT, right?

Kinda looks like it. The turret is kinda crazy.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Watch it become the new pre-nerf IS-4.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Mesadoram posted:

Super Conq confirmed for 9.20.1.

When is this patch supposed to go live? I really should login and finish playing the conq to get the free T10.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

CompeAnansi posted:

When is this patch supposed to go live? I really should login and finish playing the conq to get the free T10.

You have about a month.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

Kinda looks like it. The turret is kinda crazy.

More bullshit for the T8s to have to fight. Honestly, at this point I think 3/5/8 is the worst thing to happen to this game. Being bottom tier unless you are like T4 or T6 just gets old. It is basically impossible to play an immobile heavy since your heavies won't go where they should and you can't relocate quickly.

HFX fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Sep 13, 2017

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Is it me or does it look like the next season of ranked will still be utter poo poo? Maybe worth playing the 60-80 battles for the first 1000 thingie reward but after that it becomes pointless again?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Barry posted:

I hate the credit grind. It's so stupid. Putting in artificial gates in a F2P game is fine. I just have no interest in popping boosters and flip flopping T8 premos (especially in the current "every match is T10" meta we have) until my eyes bleed, just so I can afford one of the fifteen tanks I have unlocked after 3+ hours of that poo poo. It's stupid as hell.

I agree, although the credit situation was far worse in AW as I understand it. You should be able to grind out enough credits to buy a vehicle in the time it takes to grind the XP; beyond that, a surplus of credits, should a player have one, would be used to finance premium consumables, equipment, etc. So you could just play the game normally, grinding up the lines, and then optionally play premium tanks to afford premium extras.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Atomizer posted:

I agree, although the credit situation was far worse in AW as I understand it. You should be able to grind out enough credits to buy a vehicle in the time it takes to grind the XP; beyond that, a surplus of credits, should a player have one, would be used to finance premium consumables, equipment, etc. So you could just play the game normally, grinding up the lines, and then optionally play premium tanks to afford premium extras.

That process actually works reasonable until you reach tier8.
I can't recall having issues getting a tier7 tank, whereas the tier8s are more painful.
I am currently cash grinding for the STA-1 while it is on sale, and then I will get the Panther2.
How is the Panther2 with the new top gun?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Barry posted:

The credit grind is easy peasy in a good clan. Run team battles with the 75% clan credit bonus AND the 50% personal reserve bonus with a T8 premium and you'll make 100k-140k credits per match. The matches are much faster so you can easily make 1m credits per hour.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
My main problem with platooning is the wait time between matches. It's so boring to just watch if you die early because arty has a hard-on for you.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

CompeAnansi posted:

The credit grind is easy peasy in a good clan. Run team battles with the 75% clan credit bonus AND the 50% personal reserve bonus with a T8 premium and you'll make 100k-140k credits per match. The matches are much faster so you can easily make 1m credits per hour.

Easy peasy as in actually having to find a good clan and the time to play team battles. Also :effort:
You know you have just thrown out 99% of all players?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Cardiac posted:

Easy peasy as in actually having to find a good clan and the time to play team battles. Also :effort:
You know you have just thrown out 99% of all players?

Uh, get good, and what not.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

CompeAnansi posted:

Uh, get good, and what not.

I am already good, so that is not the issue.
The issue with your suggestion is that it requires one to be part of a good clan that wins team battles and have the time to do clan stuff.
This rules out 99% of all players including me, since I don't have time for any organised stuff.
So your solution is perfectly OK, just not applicable to most players.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Cardiac posted:

I am already good, so that is not the issue.
The issue with your suggestion is that it requires one to be part of a good clan that wins team battles and have the time to do clan stuff.
This rules out 99% of all players including me, since I don't have time for any organised stuff.
So your solution is perfectly OK, just not applicable to most players.

Yeah, totally. I'm sure that works great if you're inclined towards that but I'm really not.

Solo grinding T8's with a booster I can get about 600k-700k, give or take. So only about 9 hours straight of doing that for a T10.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I'm having a real bad time playing the LTTB and its making me sad. I want to say around 60% of my games will be bottom tier which means I get outspotted by tier 9 and 10 mediums and I cant pen some tier 10 heavies in the side, (I can't touch the Type 5, even with premium ammo). On the rare occasions I get a good LT map, my team fail at left clicking. On the rare occasions I get a top or even mid tier game I get so excited I overextend and my team fail to left click. I need nearly 180,000 exp to get the tier 9. This grind will be miserable.

I might go back to the MT-25, that tank was great fun.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I free exped the Ferdinand's top gun. It is now a good tank. Pubbies continue to blow chunks however:

Hi Dayprowler!

When you suck that much you need to focus on aspects of the game other than game play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Cartoon posted:

Hi Dayprowler!

When you suck that much you need to focus on aspects of the game other than game play.

Getting a sub-40% winrate in the Hellcat and Stug with over 200 games is a pretty impressive achievement.