Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

lmao

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://clips.twitch.tv/SnappyGenerousPeafowlRalpherZ

:laugh:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

tuo posted:

Honest question: if you had to decide between the two, what would you rather do: read a book written by Derek, or watch a movie starring Sandi?

I'd choose the movie because at least that would finish at some point

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
What is the deal with the old men streaming on Twitch? How many over 40 streamers are there? Are any of them successful?

Still can't wrap my head around twitch. Why watch someone play a game I could be playing myself? Part of me wonders if the twitch watchers are all little brothers--scarred from years of sitting on the couch and getting punched if they reached for a controller.

(I do have a 20 something in-law that streams Destiny 8+ hours every day. He legit makes $150K a year, which blows my mind, from just subscriptions.)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Maw posted:

I'd choose the movie because at least that would finish at some point

i don't know man, sq42 won't even release, much less finish until like 3000AD

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Quavers posted:

:laffo: that sound effect is perfect

I'd forgotten how annoying those immersion animations are. Let me wait around while my commando tilts his head around as he climbs into the seat. The suddenly your view jumps back to the normal jank.

Totally seamless and not at all infuriating

Maldavos
May 26, 2015
Grimey Drawer

Dammit, I like that book. I knew there was something wrong with me.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheAgent posted:

I'm talking with Steam right now, because I'm assuming what people will do will buy and then refund immediately. If that happens enough, they yank the game off Steam drat quick, effectively closing any hope of the game being on that platform.

I will buy a copy and never play it, but I support local, organically-grown video games.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

HycoCam posted:

What is the deal with the old men streaming on Twitch? How many over 40 streamers are there? Are any of them successful?

Still can't wrap my head around twitch. Why watch someone play a game I could be playing myself? Part of me wonders if the twitch watchers are all little brothers--scarred from years of sitting on the couch and getting punched if they reached for a controller.

(I do have a 20 something in-law that streams Destiny 8+ hours every day. He legit makes $150K a year, which blows my mind, from just subscriptions.)

Twitch is a friend simulator. You spend time with someone and bullshit about games

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

HycoCam posted:

I mean, we've got a subform dedicated to watching people play video games. Streamers you enjoy are certainly more interesting than anything I could watch on TV. And your relation making 150k a year is exactly why every over 40 something is trying to get into it.

No idea why you'd stream Star Citizen though, even if you hope to get in the ground floor.

Berious posted:

Twitch is a friend simulator. You spend time with someone and bullshit about games

Yep, checks out.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Some people watch women with big tits who happen to play games as well

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

runsamok posted:

Through the wonders of Spotify I have been made aware that your avatar dances in near perfect time to Vampire Weekend's "Unbelievers".

Cannot unsee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWP07YgUWig

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Berious posted:

I'd forgotten how annoying those immersion animations are. Let me wait around while my commando tilts his head around as he climbs into the seat. The suddenly your view jumps back to the normal jank.

Totally seamless and not at all infuriating

Yeah but when they switch on VR you'll understand *immediately vomits onto keyboard*

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Maw posted:

Yeah but when they switch on VR you'll understand *immediately vomits onto keyboard*

True story, streaming SC one time I got drunk enough that the stupid loving head animations actually legit gave me the spins and I almost barfed.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Berious posted:

Some people watch women with big tits who happen to play games as well
Some people buy jpegs for women with big tits.

Some people buy jpegs of women with big tits.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

True story, streaming SC one time I got drunk enough that the stupid loving head animations actually legit gave me the spins and I almost barfed.

R u okay commando?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

This is my favourite thread gimmick.

Other possible names:

WeeksNotMonths
MinimumViableProduct_Soon
CloudImperiumRightsLtd
RefundToWin_Not_PayToWin
PledgeMore_DontRefund_Pls
WaitingForPoopMocap
3_0_BigEndOf2016Release

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Maw posted:

R u okay commando?

NO

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

:argh:

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

tuo posted:

Honest question: if you had to decide between the two, what would you rather do: read a book written by Derek, or watch a movie starring Sandi?

Didn't we all watch the tickler movies?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Out of all the SC streamers I think WTFO used to make decent money off of it. One of the dad streamers that will remain nameless because I am not THAT much of a dick only makes ~600 a month off his near full time promotion of SC.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Maw posted:

R u okay commando?

I live. No power or water or internet, but we're good. Also my tree decided it didn't want to be a tree any more:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

aleksendr posted:

At the Idris you can romance if you play your cards right.

Trading cards as well?!?!

Beet Wagon posted:

I live. No power or water or internet, but we're good. Also my tree decided it didn't want to be a tree any more:

It's merely resting.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Raskolnikov posted:

Out of all the SC streamers I think WTFO used to make decent money off of it. One of the dad streamers that will remain nameless because I am not THAT much of a dick only makes ~600 a month off his near full time promotion of SC.

600 a month is cool if it's just a bit of a side hobby, dad streamers are ace and make me laugh so long may they lumber the earth

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

tuo posted:

Use the book as kindling for a fire I can nap next to while Sandi's bullshit movie plays in the background. I fall asleep before the movie starts, wake up at the credits roll, laugh as Sandi uses a fake name.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Raskolnikov posted:

What is full time for a streamer? 10 hours a week?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

That's good to hear!

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

tuo posted:

I imagine a book written by Derek to be like those old "Choose your Own Adventure" novellas.

"As I mentioned in my September '16 blog, Star Citizen - Punches Below its Weight,...

[If you have not yet read Star Citizen - Punches Below its Weight, turn to Page 304 now]

...it all comes down to the numbers. Follow the money, as the saying goes! And that's exactly what I did, as detailed in my February '17 blog, Star Citizen - A Trail of Broken Breadcrumbs...

[If you have not yet read Star Citizen - A Trail of Broken Breadcrumbs, turn to Page 549 now]

...which proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the shell game of moving funds between UK, US and German companies...

[ICYM, turn to Star Citizen - Proving Beyond a Shadow of a Doubt that there is totally a Shell Game of Moving Funds Between UK, US and German companies, turn to Page 2002]

...and that I totally called it. Now, to briefly review how this all started...

[Turn to Page 100 and read 5 pages in reverse]
[Turn to Page 1 and read 5 pages forwards]
[Turn to Page 95 and read 5 pages in reverse]
[Turn to Page 6 and read 5 pages forwards]
[Turn to Page 90 and read 5 pages in reverse]
[Turn to Page 11 and read 5 pages forwards]

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

Bad tree.

At least it didn't take out the pool enclosure.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Golli posted:

Bad tree.

At least it didn't take out the pool enclosure.

Eh, it's my neighbor's pool enclosure so gently caress it lol.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Mr Fronts posted:

[Turn to Page 100 and read 5 pages in reverse]
[Turn to Page 1 and read 5 pages forwards]
[Turn to Page 95 and read 5 pages in reverse]
[Turn to Page 6 and read 5 pages forwards]
[Turn to Page 90 and read 5 pages in reverse]
[Turn to Page 11 and read 5 pages forwards]

Basically a "you are the hero" sort of book. But this time you'll be Dr. Smart.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

Eh, it's my neighbor's pool enclosure so gently caress it lol.

It's times like these that really brings a community together!

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Golli posted:

It's times like these that really brings a community together!

Yeah he should poo poo in the pool SC style and blame the hurricane.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

neonbregna posted:

What is full time for a streamer? 10 hours a week?

~6-8 hours a day.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Quavers posted:

This is my favourite thread gimmick.

Other possible names:

WeeksNotMonths
MinimumViableProduct_Soon
CloudImperiumRightsLtd
RefundToWin_Not_PayToWin
PledgeMore_DontRefund_Pls
WaitingForPoopMocap
3_0_BigEndOf2016Release

PutTheFunInReFUNd
Icould<USE>theMoney
SunkCostFallacy
DEREKSMARTDEREKSMARTDEREKSMART
HypeTrainNeedsMoreCoal
JourneyToTheBottomOfThePaaaaaarp
PledgeDrive-By
#600ReasonsToRefund

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Hav posted:

It's merely resting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjOSLCR2hE

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Raskolnikov posted:

~6-8 hours a day.

Playing 40 hours of video games every week sounds like an awfully dull way to earn a living.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Beet Wagon posted:

It has aspirations to be a sleeper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

41 minutes guys until WTF reaches his 3 day destination point. Let's watch!

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus