Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

MrYenko posted:

The spec sheet is amazing, would buy. The car looks like someone beat it with an ugly stick. Wouldn't even stop at the dealer.

I dunno, the details feel extremely similar to the current Camaro SS (renting one right now :getin: even if it's not a Mustang) but it's just a bit boxier shape-wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

McPhearson posted:

Honda Urban EV Concept!

I see what they were going for, but man, that is not an attractive car.
This is always true with concepts, but especially here on a tiny car the enormous wheels really make it look ridiculous.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

McPhearson posted:

Honda Urban EV Concept!

Awwww yesssss

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I actually think that if that Honda was toned down for production as a N-EV or something it would be pretty cool. My taste in cars can be strange, though.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

ilkhan posted:

Not a single image on this page appeals to me. WTF car manufacturers?

They all look like poo poo to me except for the Model 3 and Ioniq. Make normal looking cars, idiots. I'm not trying to make a Green Statement every time I pull out of my driveway.

Vitamin J
Aug 16, 2006

God, just tell me to shut up already. I have a clear anti-domestic bias and a lack of facts.
I love that Honda. That's how retro cars should be designed, it probably comes in very close to the original N600 dimensions. The interior is dumb but it's a concept anyway. I like the idea of being able to text my thoughts to the drivers around me, but it's probably an option I should do without...

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm going to hold off for one more year so I can buy a 200mile EV with enough autonomous bullshit to let me daydream on my 40 mile traffic-less highway cruise to work. Autonomy is by far the biggest selling point for me right now, and I can't loving wait.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I still can't figure out who it is that actually wants these stupid loving "coupe" crossovers. Sure, let's take the handling of a minivan and combine it with the interior space of a coupe. Brilliant! A car that's good at nothing!

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

wolrah posted:

I still can't figure out who it is that actually wants these stupid loving "coupe" crossovers. Sure, let's take the handling of a minivan and combine it with the interior space of a coupe. Brilliant! A car that's good at nothing!

The coupe look is an attempt to conceal the sheer bulk of the vehicle by taking it out of cabin space, and half the posts from the last two pages are concept cars that'll never ship.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Cocoa Crispies posted:

The coupe look is an attempt to conceal the sheer bulk of the vehicle by taking it out of cabin space, and half the posts from the last two pages are concept cars that'll never ship.

X6, GLC, GLE, C-HR, etc. Unfortunately these stupid things aren't just concepts and are selling at least decently well.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe
Out of all these, which do you think will actually make it to production and be a tesla competitor/killer? I'm really into the Audi despite comments on its appearance.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Sicilian posted:

Out of all these, which do you think will actually make it to production and be a tesla competitor/killer? I'm really into the Audi despite comments on its appearance.

Concepts usually go Batshit crazy > close to reality > production ready. The VW and Audi are at step 2, the others are at step 1. For the VW/Audi, we'll probably see the production version next year, and on lots the year after that.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Powershift posted:

How about this one!

SAE level 3 autonomy, 429hp, 95kwh battery, inductive charging and 150kw fast charging.

The rear end looks especially terrible. :barf:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I am fine with a minivan coupe if the door slides under lincoln style.

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

McPhearson posted:

Honda Urban EV Concept!

I... uh...

I like how this car looks

(what is wrong with me)

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

McStephenson posted:

I... uh...

(what is wrong with me)

Nothing. I like it too.

But I do own two fiat 500s.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

McStephenson posted:

(what is wrong with me)
It's cool compared to the boring generic-car that everything else pictured in the last 40 posts has been.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

McPhearson posted:

Honda Urban EV Concept!

I'm in with this. Reminded me of the original Civic.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
I liked the Honda until I saw the interior. I'd buy a retro Honda design EV vehicle with modern safety, without all modern bullshit like touch screen tablets.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Merc's "hot hatch" looks pretty good.

The front quarter shots made it look like it had huge front overhang, my current #1 pet peeve, but looking straight from the side it isn't too bad. (More than strictly necessary though, the Honda wins shortest overhang this round) 200 kW sum dual motors, 60+ kWh battery with hints of battery options. Not too shabby.

https://electrek.co/2017/09/12/mercedes-adds-new-all-electric-eqa-hot-hatch-concept-to-their-eq-sub-brand/

Ola fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Sep 13, 2017

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

VideoGameVet posted:

I'm in with this. Reminded me of the original Civic.

Yep- this is absolutely why this appeals to me.

Edit: hell, I'd buy an ICE civic if it had those style notes. Then again I miss my VW Golf sooooo

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.
Fellow Video Game industry guy has modded his Telsa Roadster with a 80kwh pack.

350mile real range now. Impressive.

(not fully charged)

rhombus
Apr 20, 2002

McPhearson posted:

Honda Urban EV Concept!

I like the retro look of the exterior. It doesn't have all the unnecessary angles and creases that every modern car designer throws on there to look edgy and appeal to millennials or whatever.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Does that nose meet the pedestrian impact standards?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

The more I look at that Honda, the more I love it. I'm sure the nose can be made pedestrian friendly with soft material use.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
I am so annoyed that thing isn't coming to the US. Then again I'm annoyed that all of the EVs that got shown at Frankfurt are still 2+ years away.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

drgitlin posted:

I am so annoyed that thing isn't coming to the US. Then again I'm annoyed that all of the EVs that got shown at Frankfurt are still 2+ years away.

At best their dulled down real world counterparts are 2+ years away, at worst they are merely ephemeral eyewash in a PR-campaign to stave off the looming diesel ban.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
So are there any more long term down to earth layman's reviews out of the Model 3 yet?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

bolind posted:

So are there any more long term down to earth layman's reviews out of the Model 3 yet?

Have they even delivered any more cars? I was under the impression that it's just the fifty or whatever beta cars they delivered to employees at the "launch event" in July.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

bolind posted:

No. As a matter of fact there was a Car and Driver journalist on twitter yesterday BEGGING for someone to give him a few hours with the car in order to review it.

According to the reporter, Tesla is giving car mags literally minutes with the car, so it isn't worth bothering going through the company. The one exception was Motor Trend, I think, which got some time with the car before the "handover" event last month.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

MrYenko posted:

Have they even delivered any more cars? I was under the impression that it's just the fifty or whatever beta cars they delivered to employees at the "launch event" in July.

There's been a trickle of people reporting getting deliveries since then, but rumor is there's some sort of NDA in effect since not much else has been revealed by employees.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I think the launch was more like an extended beta program.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe
I reserved quite late but get "priority" as a current owner and because I'm ordering a premium spec car. Still getting delivery in early 2018.

Also what if they make me sign an NDA for the NDA? All jokes aside, I'm afraid I might not be stateside for my delivery depending on how timetables play out, if only forum's poster Michael Scott resided in the greater LA area.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
We reserved day one and have priority due to previous ownership. Our estimate says between October and December but we haven't even been able to pick specs.

I'll definitely say something when it happens. We're also west coast and getting the big battery so theoretically pretty close to front of the line.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The Sicilian posted:

Also what if they make me sign an NDA for the NDA?

NDAs very often include a clause about not disclosing the terms of the NDA, or in more extreme cases that the signer is under NDA at all.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

VideoGameVet posted:

Fellow Video Game industry guy has modded his Telsa Roadster with a 80kwh pack.

350mile real range now. Impressive.

(not fully charged)

Tesla offered this as an upgrade and spent quite a bit of R&D and production money for a product that was discontinued. Not sure how it is a mod if the OEM designs, builds and installs the battery.

Subjunctive posted:

NDAs very often include a clause about not disclosing the terms of the NDA, or in more extreme cases that the signer is under NDA at all.

Thats the joke.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Subjunctive posted:

In a few years NDAs will evolve as the phrase "I am not under NDA" starts to imply that one is, in fact, under an NDA that requires you to deny it. The next round of NDAs will require you to claim that you are under NDA, on the grounds that anyone under a previous iteration of an NDA would not have been allowed to say so, so saying that you are implies that you are not under an NDA. The NDAs after that will require rolling dice.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

You won't sign any NDA when buy a normal car. I bet those 30 are employees and they probably got a deal due to being beta testers and the car simply isn't done yet.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

Ola posted:

You won't sign any NDA when buy a normal car. I bet those 30 are employees and they probably got a deal due to being beta testers and the car simply isn't done yet.

It was a joke, but in the spirit of unfounded accusations and tesla hating; I'll be posting an NDA canary in each of my posts like this:

[Not Served With NDA]

If I fail to post this you know Tesla has completely corrupted me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
This thread is dumb.

I like electric vehicles and I'm excited to get a new 2017 gen 1 Nissan Leaf for ~15k after taxes.

Electric cars are pretty cool!

• Locked thread