Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I hope y'all weren't watching the special editon of Jedi because Jabba's palace takes a lot of hits from that, besides the big one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

ROTJ is trash outside of the throne room stuff.

I've always thought this as well (or, I guess, since I was 15) but rewatching it recently I found much of it to be pretty tedious and a little corny.

e: Strike that, the space battle is pretty incredible effects-wise and very worthy. Narratively it's a bit clunky, but watching it as an adult with a pretty firm understanding of special effects processes, I'm in complete awe about how they pulled off some of those shots.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Sep 12, 2017

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
When I rewatched it I completely forgot how clumsy and lame the introduction to the second Death Star is. I didn't even remember there being a scene before the Tattooine stuff.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Whenever I rewatch Return of the Jedi I just turn it off once they get to Endor. Sometimes before.

I really really liked Rogue One.

Welp that's my Star Wars opinions.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

A girl i kissed in high school just won an emmy for her fx work on american horror story

Im famois

My bro made the seaweed in Finding Nemo 2: Really Though Where That Lil Mug A

Get hosed lil mama

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Real talk it's always a good laugh to post some of our terrible childhood movie projects and preface it "featuring Oscar Award winner"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i used to live with a professional dominatrix in toronto who was the first person to die in a lovely b-movie that david cronenberg was in. also trent reznor once took her to dinner. funny thing is that when she got home from work she was super submissive and baked me cookies and stuff. she just couldn't say no to $300/hour, legally, and not ever doing actual sexual acts (in fact if she had done, the place would have been shut down hard).

breaking up with her was probably one of my top 10 stupid moments in life, but poo poo, i was only 22 (she was 26).

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

glam rock hamhock posted:

I thought Rogue One was basically just as safe and derivitive as TFA which I barely tolerated in TFA. Like, I put up with that in TFA because if course it was gonna be that way but I was hoping for something at least slightly different in the side movie. What we fit I think was significantly less interesting the few lines that part if the plot in the ANH indicated

I liked TFA because the characters felt like they had some chemistry and the cute humor worked for me. Rogue One had none of this.

Otherwise, yeah.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

Anonymous Robot posted:

My bro made the seaweed in Finding Nemo 2: Really Though Where That Lil Mug A

Get hosed lil mama

Thats actually cool as hell

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Lurdiak posted:

It was a really bad call.

They should've hired it out to LolaFX. They do a lot of business with them, LolaFX did a lot of great work like young Tony Stark in Civil War, but no, Disney decided they'd do it in-house

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
http://trib.al/JckLO0h
:lol:

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

In honor of Hillary's book release i will be telling every woman i see today that i respect them

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

In honor of Hillary's book release i will be telling every woman i see today that i respect them

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

...what?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Guys, I regret to inform you that Dickeye hasn't seen The Princess Bride.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Guys, I regret to inform you that Dickeye hasn't seen The Princess Bride.

Has he seen the better Cary Elwes swashbuckler, Robin Hood: Men in Tights?

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

plz dont dox me

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

I'm the bag of groceries blocking the elevator door from closing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I heard an NPR interview with her in the car a couple hours ago and all she kept saying was "I lost because I'm a woman and Bernie Sanders didn't fall in line like a good soldier"

:jerkbag:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

precision posted:

I heard an NPR interview with her in the car a couple hours ago and all she kept saying was "I lost because I'm a woman and Bernie Sanders didn't fall in line like a good soldier"

:jerkbag:

Speaking of NPR, the last few times I listened to it, I had to shut it off. Their news stuff is shockingly right-wing, it seems really credulous to have guys from AEI and Manhattan Institute for Policy Research on all the time, always using weird neocon phraseology.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Oh good now I don't have to watch Stat Wars 9. And they took off Lord and Miller. Sheesh anything interesting in Star Wars? No.

Just give me an Obi Wan trilogy only if Ewan McGregor is doing it. gently caress just give me Ewan in a flowing beard Jesus look doing anything having fun adventuring.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Gatts posted:

Oh good now I don't have to watch Stat Wars 9. And they took off Lord and Miller. Sheesh anything interesting in Star Wars? No.

Just give me an Obi Wan trilogy only if Ewan McGregor is doing it. gently caress just give me Ewan in a flowing beard Jesus look doing anything having fun adventuring.

Give me a trilogy of Obi Wan in the desert, starring Ewan and no one else.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Has he seen the better Cary Elwes swashbuckler, Robin Hood: Men in Tights?

no

if i ever posted in the shameful thread it would burn to the ground

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CelticPredator posted:

I don't understand that show. It's like something Aliens made.

coven is good and asylum is buck wild

like ann frank is a character in that show and its not the craziest twist

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Speaking of NPR, the last few times I listened to it, I had to shut it off. Their news stuff is shockingly right-wing, it seems really credulous to have guys from AEI and Manhattan Institute for Policy Research on all the time, always using weird neocon phraseology.

This American Life ran a segment a few months back on Free Trade where he was like "what's up with free trade, and why do Trump, Hillary, and Bernie hate it?" He got a guy from Planet Money to basically say that giving Chinese people jobs in the cities instead of no jobs in rural areas and reducing product prices are good, of course without mentioning that people are being paid slave wages and working in horrific conditions.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
The Safdie Brothers gave Barry Jenkins a run for his money
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSdxbBsShak

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Grendels Dad posted:

Give me a trilogy of Obi Wan in the desert, starring Ewan and no one else.

I'd be satisfied if they just started the Obi Wan movie with 15 minutes of this, like the start of Wall-E. The other star wars side story already stole its opening scene from a better movie, just make that the tradition.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

NPR is unlistenable. Just garbage at this point.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Speaking of the Safdies, has anyone else heard the rumor that they paid crew members of Heaven Knows What in heroin?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Budgie Jumping posted:

Speaking of the Safdies, has anyone else heard the rumor that they paid crew members of Heaven Knows What in heroin?

For personal use or for resale? Because if it's the latter, you could do worse

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

For personal use or for resale? Because if it's the latter, you could do worse

I don't know but it's incredibly lovely either way. If it's true.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Maybe it's just because I just have Massachusetts​ NPRs but they seem mostly fine outside of the shows that were already bad like On Point, which itself is still fine when they have a guest host. Still easily one of the better places to get news from.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

For some reason I've been going through Tony Scott's filmography again. It's insane to me how night and day the difference between Robert Shaw and John Travolta is. And I'm usually pretty generous to Travolta performances.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Bar Crow posted:

NPR is unlistenable. Just garbage at this point.

I feel like I just didn't notice before or something. No way was it this bad before.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

This American Life ran a segment a few months back on Free Trade where he was like "what's up with free trade, and why do Trump, Hillary, and Bernie hate it?" He got a guy from Planet Money to basically say that giving Chinese people jobs in the cities instead of no jobs in rural areas and reducing product prices are good, of course without mentioning that people are being paid slave wages and working in horrific conditions.

They've always been tilted in that direction, basically doing these bloodless "explainers" on really important concepts and movements and so on. Now I have this feeling whenever I hear that stuff to just go "who is this for?"

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I feel like I just didn't notice before or something. No way was it this bad before.

They've always been tilted in that direction, basically doing these bloodless "explainers" on really important concepts and movements and so on. Now I have this feeling whenever I hear that stuff to just go "who is this for?"

It's been really bad for a very long time. I never listened to a minute of it until my early 20s (mid 2000s) and it was openly the propaganda wing of the Democratic Party by then at least. A radio station by and for Acela riding Clinton-Gore die hards

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I feel like an important moment in someone's radicalization is the moment they figure out npr is trash

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Now I have this feeling whenever I hear that stuff to just go "who is this for?"

Its for me, a dipshit

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes I feel this thread specifically exists to call me a garbage person for liking the fairly normal things I like.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Budgie Jumping posted:

I haven't, but it sounds like a load of bullshit. And not just typical rumor-mill bullshit, but, like, really really stupid bullshit. They did apparently put the star of Heaven Knows What through rehab. Via Fader:

quote:

After shooting Heaven Knows What, Josh cleaned out his personal bank account to get Holmes into a rehab facility in Florida. He also helped her land a literary agent to publish her memoir.

Where did you hear that rumor by the way? Because I would caution you against hanging in circles that apparently are too stupid to figure out that heroin costs money and poo poo and doesn't just, like, spontaneously generate in the hands of no budget filmmakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

PSL is one of the most prominent communist parties in my area, and boy does their sane and agreeable domestic policy not align with their foreign policy of "Salvador Allende? Class traitor. Basshar al'assad?? Oh hell yase baby"

• Locked thread