Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

it did stop him tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
neverending war in the Middle East costing trillions as we line the pockets of private arms and security corporations: incredibly realistic

stopping poor Americans from dying for the crime of being poor: utterly unrealistic

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Probably Magic posted:

I come here for hot Clinton autobio excerpts and all I'm getting is people yelling at zegermans. Do better, Suck Zone.

Do you really want pages of circlejerking without any flavor?

Lastgirl posted:

suckzone~

just be comforted that zegermans is forced to puppetmaster about his gangtags and avatar perpetually I guess since he's lame as gently caress

I have not once paid for my own AV change or paid for another's AV change, beyond that cert I PMd you once. My interchanging titles are largely the mods messing with y'all, not me.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

TBH I dearly miss My Little Zergling

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

she bootstrapped her brain good so she can do definitely healthy things like publish this book

makes a lot of sense now

i can see that this public catharsis, much in the way of ritual political seppuku can finally set her free.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

time to assume the Suck Zone posting position

*shoves head up own rear end*

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Man Musk posted:

There have literally been wars over who sets the political economy of colonial North America wtf

What's your point here?

Man Musk posted:

Poor whites, like all whites, have been both the agents and beneficiaries of slavery

This is ahistorical, though. The North and South were only meaningfully integrated along the coasts, where proceeds from the slave and cotton trade supported the shipping industries and flowed into the coffers of early New England industrialists. The western frontiers had no links whatsoever to southern plantation economies. North & South in general weren't even fully economically integrated until the rail explosion of the late 19th century, well past the development of slavery.

Even in the South, yeomanry communities were essentially self-sustaining and didn't benefit at all from the economic processes of slavery. Whites in the south benefited from the slaveocracy, certainly, having a place in the middle rungs of the racial ladder. They did not, however, benefit materially. Planters covetously hoarded their wealth, and would only agree to finance public improvements in as far as they facilitated the transit of cotton to northern & European markets. The southern interior was massively underdeveloped.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

We deserve Trump

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

zegermans posted:

stop attempting to pretend that you being a reflexive contrarian to fill the loneliness in your empty friendless life is "doing a public service"

talking about what's going on with democrat and leftist politics and making fun of bad democrats isn't "circlejerking" and that you believe the thread taking time off to tell you that your genes are scum is a conversational improvement is really loving revealing, to be honest

gently caress off back to enough sanders spam

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
zegermans is the most kid gloves big troll menace ever, big fan of the reactions

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Lastgirl posted:

makes a lot of sense now

i can see that this public catharsis, much in the way of ritual political seppuku can finally set her free.

hmmm yes........... in order to free hillary, she needs to destroy hillary

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/TinaDesireeBerg/status/907662514271293441

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

hmmm yes........... in order to free hillary, she needs to destroy hillary

best public service she's doing, it'll just have to get worse before it gets better but she's a fighter :hai:

she has one queen to slay, an it is the slay queen

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Holy loving :laffo:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

:thunk:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can someone explain that to me I am a dum dum

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hillary must be crushed

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Taintrunner posted:

she's implying that she got elected with obama

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Taintrunner posted:

"when president obama and I came into office"

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Quotey posted:

zegermans is the most kid gloves big troll menace ever, big fan of the reactions

I think he's great

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

zegermans posted:

When the flavor being offered up is Jelly Belly (TM) Burnt Popcorn...

I mean, I'm not an especially good leftist (in that I don't really trust leftists to govern responsibly any more than I trust liberals/centrists/right-wingers/nazis, that's just a list of people whose fuckups I'd rather deal with in more-or-less descending order) so I'm not super in step with the Suck Zone Ethos either, but writing off entire groups of generally powerless people as irredeemable because a few of them are part of an angry racist mob is not compassionate, it's not principled, it's not 'woke', it's not anything but small-minded, petty and sad.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lastgirl posted:

"when president obama and I came into office"

oh gently caress lol

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

it's pretty funny that this woman who wanted to lead the country can't make the connection between

takes wall street money ------> decides any large economic changes are impossible in america

when it's completely obvious to everyone else. if hillary clinton had gotten everything she wanted, exactly how she wanted it passed during her presidency, america still would not have been much different

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

gently caress off back to enough sanders spam

hahahaha I was wondering were the hostility was coming from, I didn't realize ESS was such a villain. It's god awful and bitter now but man was it ever necessary in the later months of the primary.

alsothere
Oct 14, 2014
Taco Defender
You should probably just ignore zegermans

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i think finding desperately written reddit posts was extremely funny on November 8 around 9p est.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

zegermans posted:

hahahaha I was wondering were the hostility was coming from, I didn't realize ESS was such a villain. It's god awful and bitter now but man was it ever necessary in the later months of the primary.

no, the hostility is because you're the runty kid who attaches himself to the group despite not really being friends with anyone involved and has no redeeming traits other than by being low-grade obnoxious to get attention, and nobody is quite rude enough to tell you to gently caress off permanently

you've been doing this for a decade now. it's pathetic, sad, annoying, and, ultimately, worthless

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

the longest primary in history is just getting warmed up!!!!!!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Captain_Maclaine posted:

pokemon go gently caress yourself!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

docbeard posted:

When the flavor being offered up is Jelly Belly (TM) Burnt Popcorn...

I mean, I'm not an especially good leftist (in that I don't really trust leftists to govern responsibly any more than I trust liberals/centrists/right-wingers/nazis, that's just a list of people whose fuckups I'd rather deal with in more-or-less descending order) so I'm not super in step with the Suck Zone Ethos either, but writing off entire groups of generally powerless people as irredeemable because a few of them are part of an angry racist mob is not compassionate, it's not principled, it's not 'woke', it's not anything but small-minded, petty and sad.

its also boring and redundant when there are bigger mockeries to take aim to

basically your material is loving garbage and your attempt at trolling isn't amusing

and if you're obssessed about circlejerks and hugboxes, boy i dont know what to say other than its obvious that yer just not hacking it with your shtick and you want to be louder by being contrarian obviously since thats your damage, so small minded and petty and sad kinda goes into a feedback loop here since its so self-serving :chloe:

don't engage.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Weeping Wound posted:

Welcome to the Hotel Twenty-Sixteen
Such a lovely race
Such a hateful place

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

no, the hostility is because you're the runty kid who attaches himself to the group despite not really being friends with anyone involved and has no redeeming traits other than by being low-grade obnoxious to get attention, and nobody is quite rude enough to tell you to gently caress off permanently

you've been doing this for a decade now. it's pathetic, sad, annoying, and, ultimately, worthless

imagine being this mad about internet threads

i'd rather be seen as a low grade troll than a gangtag emptyquoter completely indistinguishable from 50% of the other posters ITT

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Weeping Wound posted:

I...I don't think we survived election night, guys.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Weeping Wound posted:

please ban hillary for primary salt mods

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

zegermans posted:

i'd rather be seen as a low grade troll than a gangtag emptyquoter completely indistinguishable from 50% of the other posters ITT

Well have I got some good news for you, then!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Welcome to the Hotel Twenty-Sixteen
Such a lovely race
Such a hateful place

You can drop out any time you like
But you can never leave

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

please ban hillary for primary smalt mods

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

so all of hillary's friends are abusing xanax?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I...I don't think we survived election night, guys.

good

• Locked thread