Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

zegermans posted:

imagine being this mad about internet threads

i'd rather be seen as a low grade troll than a gangtag emptyquoter completely indistinguishable from 50% of the other posters ITT

we're really impressed by your gimmick of exploiting classism because it's not a bannable offense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

not a fan of this "power through depression" message.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I...I don't think we survived election night, guys.

this being the island from lost is a much better reality than one in which donald j trump is actually president

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

imagine being this mad about internet threads

i'd rather be seen as a low grade troll than a gangtag emptyquoter completely indistinguishable from 50% of the other posters ITT

Lol how about you don't post at all and tend to your wife and child?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Hillary is the most smug loser in history, goddamn. I hope she runs in 2020 and eats poo poo yet again.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

zegermans posted:

not a fan of this "power through depression" message.

i'm interested in the context for the depression medication quote though, it could be depression is a raising issue or 'everyone that is sad should take prozac!!!'

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Vox Nihili posted:

Hillary is the most smug loser in history, goddamn. I hope she runs in 2020 and eats poo poo yet again.

I want trump to get into the democratic primary somehow and beat her again.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Frijolero posted:

Lol how about you don't post at all and tend to your wife and child?

sadly he is. drat his employer for not blocking somethingawful at work

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

What's your point here?

This is ahistorical, though. The North and South were only meaningfully integrated along the coasts, where proceeds from the slave and cotton trade supported the shipping industries and flowed into the coffers of early New England industrialists. The western frontiers had no links whatsoever to southern plantation economies. North & South in general weren't even fully economically integrated until the rail explosion of the late 19th century, well past the development of slavery.

Even in the South, yeomanry communities were essentially self-sustaining and didn't benefit at all from the economic processes of slavery. Whites in the south benefited from the slaveocracy, certainly, having a place in the middle rungs of the racial ladder. They did not, however, benefit materially. Planters covetously hoarded their wealth, and would only agree to finance public improvements in as far as they facilitated the transit of cotton to northern & European markets. The southern interior was massively underdeveloped.

White Americans from all social strata enjoy a higher quality of life to their global contemporaries throughout much of American history

The average Trump voter today has a higher income than the average Clinton voter

My point is, you can't begin to discuss socioeconomic issues without talking about race

This recognition will b wot separates the wise bernieman from the flunky bernieman

(In b4 another politician is derided as opportunist itt for willing to go anywhere near the 2)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Supporting MfA is the easiest political calculation any Democrat could make right now, and Pelosi still flubbed it.

She's the House leader and the de facto whip. If she were to support it she'd be expected to whip for it, which is the last thing she wants. She only whips in favor of cool stuff like cutting social security and deferring medicare to age 67 (circa 2011).

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Sad about Hillary losing because the government will now hunt you openly? Just get a doctor to prescribe you medicine, binga bang bong so simple

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

we're really impressed by your gimmick of exploiting classism because it's not a bannable offense

I have more of an issue with class traitors over the capitalists because they should know better - and lack of education isn't an excuse for not having eyes and ears. When your health insurance goes up 20% at your $10/hour job and it makes you have to chose between fixing your work-induced chronic back pain or paying the rent, your thoughts shouldn't be "ugh black people on medicaid don't have these worries!". I dunno I guess I'm taking from privilege?

Capitalists can be defeated by unity of the proletariat. Class traitors make that impossible.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

sadly he is. drat his employer for not blocking somethingawful at work

I'm the IT guy. That is to say I'm the guy that people talk to to keep the network running and fix computers, but I don't get paid for it, I'm actually a chemist. Capitalism.

this company made 5 million dollars last year profit off of 60 employees and refused to pay for our insurance premium hike this year, choosing instead to gimp our plan.

sidenote anyone know any good unionization resources

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

zegermans posted:

I'm the IT guy. That is to say I'm the guy that people talk to to keep the network running and fix computers, but I don't get paid for it, I'm actually a chemist. Capitalism.

see if you can transition into IT, i got to show up high for work nearly every day

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

I have more of an issue with class traitors over the capitalists because they should know better - and lack of education isn't an excuse for not having eyes and ears. When your health insurance goes up 20% at your $10/hour job and it makes you have to chose between fixing your work-induced chronic back pain or paying the rent, your thoughts shouldn't be "ugh black people on medicaid don't have these worries!". I dunno I guess I'm taking from privilege?

Capitalists can be defeated by unity of the proletariat. Class traitors make that impossible.

There is an entire industry devoted to ensuring Americans stay as ignorant and spiteful as possible. If you were as smart as you you think you are you'd understand this simple fact

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

see if you can transition into IT, i got to show up high for work nearly every day

my knowledge of networking kinda ends at "plug poo poo up and connect a printer, also ban specific sites via the router and idk ip forward something maybe?"

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Squizzle posted:

she lost a shoe

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

white sauce posted:

There is an entire industry devoted to ensuring Americans stay as ignorant and spiteful as possible. If you were as smart as you you think you are you'd understand this simple fact

I get that but like

people have eyes, ears, and brains

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

zegermans posted:

my knowledge of networking kinda ends at "plug poo poo up and connect a printer, also ban specific sites via the router and idk ip forward something maybe?"

i mean that was also my sum total of networking knowledge when i started. as long as you have a cell phone with a decent data plan in case the internet goes down and you know how to properly phrase google searches you'll be fine

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Man Musk posted:

White Americans from all social strata enjoy a higher quality of life to their global contemporaries throughout much of American history

The average Trump voter today has a higher income than the average Clinton voter

My point is, you can't begin to discuss socioeconomic issues without talking about race

This recognition will b wot separates the wise bernieman from the flunky bernieman

(In b4 another politician is derided as opportunist itt for willing to go anywhere near the 2)

White Americans enjoyed higher qualities of life to "global contemporaries" because there was a ton of easily available land to be stolen and settled, which prevented the sheer scale of squalor that plagued European communities. To pretend, however, that this means there was a spread of wealth throughout all of white society is ahistorical, and to imply that the dirt poor rural whites of the era materially benefited from slavery is demonstrably false. It just simply isn't true.

To use the broad difference of wealth among whites as a race compared to others, in order to erase the white underclasses is liberal nonsense. The average Trump voter was an upper middle class petit bourgeois, not a rural dirtfarmer.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so all of hillary's friends are abusing xanax?

finally, an explanation for huma.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

finally, an explanation for huma.

I didn't know stockholm syndrome was a side effect of xanax

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

gently caress off, tim.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

zegermans posted:

:allears: oh tell me about Bill Clinton's history of non-consensual sexual acts, Sean Hannity

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

looking for a :filez: of the book i have discovered someone uploads a torrent of the WSJ every single day lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

looking for a :filez: of the book i have discovered someone uploads a torrent of the WSJ every single day lol

now THAT's good business sense

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

zegermans posted:

:allears: oh tell me about Bill Clinton's history of non-consensual sexual acts, Sean Hannity

definitely a conspiracy that bill clinton has way more accusations of sexual harassment than any other president cept trump, never ever trust women

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
im the japanese guy who works tirelessly every day to translate WSJ scans when they come out

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Karl Barks posted:

clinton was an alpha with extreme emotional control

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/oJRiTdR.gifv

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

don't doxx me

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

lol thats actually a pretty good point

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Zas posted:

lol thats actually a pretty good point

don't hold that thought

https://twitter.com/katereadsbks/status/907662831822110720

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ahahahahahahhahahaha that's the worst one yet

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
My Large Adult Undecided Voter Daughter

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Man Musk posted:

if "not voting" could win an election, not voting would have won the POTUS ballot by plurality

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

My Large Adult Undecided Voter Daughter

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Al! posted:

ahahahahahahhahahaha that's the worst one yet

My gut reaction was that it must be a joke, but KateReadsBooks literally transcribes books as she reads them. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

that kinad reminds me of the new season of OitnB where the guard that murdered poussay goes to her dad and he's like wtf do you want from me, closure? gently caress off

• Locked thread