Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

life is killing me posted:

How many medals did he get for leading his illustrious S1 platoon in loving up more awards and giving the awards to his paperwork bitches for not loving up routine pay inquiries?

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Nevermind

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Answer the question!

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

r/ProRevenge posted:

Due to the well of my friends' "def not an axe murderer" date recommendations drying up, I have turned to that most sacred of modern relationship institutions: online dating. As a very busy person trying to get it in with other very busy people, I prize honestly and directness above all else when it comes to profile creation. I include full body shots in my photos, try to minimize the use of MySpace angles in selfies, and write at the very top of the summary/caption/profile that I am fat. Not "curvy," not "thick," not "lots to love"--I'm loving fat. I'm not ashamed of it, but I also known that weight is a dealbreaker for lots of people. I don't want to waste anyone's time.

About a year ago I met "Evan" via Tinder. We exchanged friendly messages for a few hours one night and agreed to meet up for drinks the following evening. I waited for a full hour past the designated time, and just as I was getting up to leave, the texts started rolling in.

"I can see you sweating from here." "How long does it take you to roll out of bed every morning?" "Is there an earthquake or are you just getting up for more pretzels?"

Really idiotic, juvenile poo poo. Four separate numbers, commenting on things like my clothes, which clued me in that the senders were nearby. This went on for 15 minutes before I finally saw Evan, trying to hide in at a corner table and giggling with a group of buddies. I made eye contact, saw that he saw me, and then walked out. The texts kept up until I blocked the numbers a few hours later.

I ran into Evan about 3 weeks later. We got on the same elevator, and he tried really hard at being super interested in the emergency phone instructions. I just confronted him, and he admitted it was just some "game" that him and his friends play. He knew I was fat before agreeing to meet up; they all did, because that's what they do. Match up with fat women, then either ghost them or "troll" them at the meet-up. It was also kinda obvious he'd never seen any consequences from this bullshit, as he was sweating pretty hard and looked more humiliated than I felt. I just said whatever and walked out, expecting to never see him again.

About a month ago, some local foodie wrote a great review of the restaurant I own, and we've been slammed ever since. In the past, I stayed mostly in the kitchen, but I've been doing more and more front-of-house stuff lately, and Valentine's Day I was working a bit of a split between the two.

I saw Evan just as he was pushing in his date's chair. My name isn't on the restaurant, and he didn't see me. I checked the section up at the hostess stand and saw that one of my favorite old-timers, Nan, was going to be his waitress. I went to the bar till, took out $400, put it in her hands, and said, "This is going to be your only table for the rest of the night. You are going to make this the worst date he has ever been on."

She spilled every single thing she brought out to the table, all over him. I was waiting for him to blow up on Nan, but he bottled it up, obviously trying to make a good impression on his date. She seemed like a perfectly lovely lady; I told Nan to make sure everything was good for her and terrible for Evan.

She poured ice water on his dick. She smacked the back of his head with the edge of a tray. Spilled soup on his shirt. Dropped every fork he asked for. I personally oversalted his food, used the poo poo liquor for his drinks, used flour instead of sugar on his dessert. To be honest, I don't know why he didn't just walk out. He must have really wanted to gently caress this woman.

Finally, he cracked. Demanded Nan find the manager and bring her out. I was only too happy to emerge from the kitchen with my chef's coat and say what, I'm not ashamed to admit, I'd been planning out all night.

"I would have said hi earlier, but I didn't want the earthquake to disturb your dinner."

I will savor the look on Evan's face for the rest of my life.

He was a little too flummoxed to explain, so I pulled a chair up to the table and introduced myself to his date, Amanda. Told her how I met Evan. Showed her some fun old messages. Then I told gave her a voucher for a free meal on her next visit and told Evan to get the gently caress out and never come back.

He deleted his Tinder profile.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Trebek posted:

Answer the question!

Yes.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Sorry, your answer must be in the form of a question.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Sorry, your answer must be in the form of a question.

Yes?

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

That's a really slow play for a lovely bon mot. "Hey, remember one of the many things you said about my fat rear end a month ago? Didn't want to let that disturb you." :smug:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Unfortunately, Evan and Amanda actually met on Voat, and spent the rest of the evening bonding over the crazy fat girl who was such a jerk to them. They married and had many horrible babies and are still in love to this day!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
FUNsubstance.com!

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011

"Trash Boat" posted:

[/ProRevenge bullshit]

I have never seen a story from that lovely sub pop up on the frontpage that seemed even remotely true. And people just lap that poo poo up.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

So she made the date pay for that meal? I need all the deets to be perfect dammit.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

FeastForCows posted:

I have never seen a story from that lovely sub pop up on the frontpage that seemed even remotely true. And people just lap that poo poo up.
/r/ProRevenge is thinking up the perfect comeback three hours later and then telling ten thousand people that it totally happened.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Elysiume posted:

/r/ProRevenge is thinking up the perfect comeback three hours later and then telling ten thousand people that it totally happened.

SO you are saying it should be /r/L'espritD'escalier ?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/catblackfrazier/status/907488125445963779

'It was a hack!'

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Elysiume posted:

Except most of the time the comeback is also mediocre at best.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

Except most of the time the comeback is also mediocre at best.

Let's see how smug you are when I continue this conversation in my car with a dumber version of you.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Joke's on you buddy, there's now way I could be dumber than I already am :smug:

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Because there are definitely rfid chips on each can of Pringles...

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

Told in the breathless tones of an over-excited seven year-old.

"...and they had to close the restaurant!"

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
So when you guys finish reading some stdh do you hear "please like and subscribe" or is it just me?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

In my other life where I write movie screenplays, I've always wanted to do a thing where a character meaningfully repeats a line from the beginning of the movie and the other character doesn't get the significance, and they try to explain, and the other guy is like "dude why would I remember a random thing I said a month ago."

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Wait, why did the cop give the mom money for the pringles? It was the mom's fault in the first place for letting a six-year-old eat something that hasn't been paid for and then not scanning it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

King of Foolians posted:

Wait, why did the cop give the mom money for the pringles?

The cop was the kid. The mom was the store. OP was running away from himself the whole time, a child of capitalism but also the arm of fascism. It's very deep and nanomachines come into it somehow (hence the alarm).

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

King of Foolians posted:

Wait, why did the cop give the mom money for the pringles? It was the mom's fault in the first place for letting a six-year-old eat something that hasn't been paid for and then not scanning it.

Because the cop was a good guy and 2 bucks wasn't that big a deal?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

life is killing me posted:

Because the cop was a good guy and 2 bucks wasn't that big a deal?

I'm sorry the stdh.txt is that the kid didn't get gunned down by the cop

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Len posted:

While we shouldn't just assume the kid is white, it doesn't specifically say he's a minority so it could really go either way.

Unless "pringles" is a covert identifier?

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Len posted:

Me too, one day though I'll find that perfect stdh.txt that has it all

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Completely implausible; whoever wrote that is too fat to run out of anywhere.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
It took me a couple reads to figure out what was even supposed to be happening there.

In retrospect I shouldn't have read it the first time.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Jerry Cotton posted:

Completely implausible; whoever wrote that is too fat to run out of anywhere.

tumblrd out.

Haifisch posted:

It took me a couple reads to figure out what was even supposed to be happening there.

In retrospect I shouldn't have read it the first time.

same.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Fathis Munk posted:

Joke's on you buddy, there's now way I could be dumber than I already am :smug:

*no

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Wait... why do you need papers signed by a doctor to say that you're allergic to your own carpet? No treatment thanks, just a note will do.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Wait... why do you need papers signed by a doctor to say that you're allergic to your own carpet? No treatment thanks, just a note will do.

Why? Well, when you're going to write an especially unbelievable stdh (even by stdh standards) that also puts forth your dumb opinions and lack of any knowledge whatsoever about vaccines

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

My guess is to get health insurance to pay for removing the carpet.

Just a guess, because with STDH anything goes.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Breaking a lease on a rental?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Her kid is covered all over in tiny red spots and keeps coughing, what else could explain an unvaccinated kid being so sick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Oh noooo, human DNA!!! What could possibly happen if you inject human DNA into a human?!

I rest my case :v: