Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Extended to 2 PM, lol, go to work

drat hell rear end bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The Division forces you to shoot thousands of hoodie-clad BLM 'looters' and no one says a peep about it, but someone sneaks a stupid frog meme into Destiny 2 and that gets everyone up in arms. You cunts all need your heads checked.

Actually the division is Extremely Problematic but is also made by a foreign studio and published by one and came out pre-escalator

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
lmao i have a loving fever, im going back to bed.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

limited posted:

Well, today was a education. I thought the KEK thing was from Starcraft as the Korean equivelent of LOL. :stare:

that's "kekeke" which does have a slight bit of overlap with "kek", both represent laughing. the former is a reduction of "hehehe" from korean, the latter is what you got if you were a zombie and said "lol" to an elf.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The Division forces you to shoot thousands of hoodie-clad BLM 'looters' and no one says a peep about it, but someone sneaks a stupid frog meme into Destiny 2 and that gets everyone up in arms. You cunts all need your heads checked.

there were a lot of people talking about the rioters in the division, what are you talking about?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
apparently the thing with not getting loot out of chests is there is a hidden soft-lock on chest farming. Something like 3 in a minute or 5 in 5 minutes (for a whole fireteam) means you don't get loot for a bit. which is very :bungie:

now thing is public event/important target chests don't count, but cayde chests do. Which is extremely :bungie:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Lumpy the Cook posted:

didnt you spend like twelve pages in the original division thread loving losing your poo poo about gollywogs while we were all instead talking about the negative portrayal of rioters and basically everyone in the game that isn't LMB?

Lumpy.... Lumpy never changes

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The only thing dumber than being offended by shooting hoodie dudes in The Division is being all WHATS THE BIG DEAL about 4chan nazi bullshit

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Lol he also claimed there was code in the game that made the enemies darker if your character had light skin and vice versa

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Lumpy the Cook posted:

People definitely did say "a peep" about that, and it's possible to be annoyed by two entirely separate things several years apart, so gently caress off.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
I was wondering why he was on my ignore list lmao

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Also the audio logs of the rioters n the Division are hilariously incongruous with the in game presentation, many are normal people slowly descending into panic and a willingness to survive by the necessary means, but in game they just dance around while carrying 69 grenades in a Herschel backpack.

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.

G1ZM0 posted:

I don't think it was intentional.

You keep using these words like anybody but you cares.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Kilometers Davis posted:

The only thing dumber than being offended by shooting hoodie dudes in The Division is being all WHATS THE BIG DEAL about 4chan nazi bullshit

In the Division you play as an agent for the US Government who slaughters disaster survivors in New York while fueling a race war. How, exactly, is that not offensive?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

They posted that the game will be up at 12 PM, then later they posted the server up at 2 PM.

I am starting to realize that theres no Destiny for me today.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
Oh poo poo here we go again

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Tei posted:

They posted that the game will be up at 12 PM, then later they posted the server up at 2 PM.

same for me

EUROPEAN DEAD ZOOOOOOONE

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Mazerunner posted:

apparently the thing with not getting loot out of chests is there is a hidden soft-lock on chest farming. Something like 3 in a minute or 5 in 5 minutes (for a whole fireteam) means you don't get loot for a bit. which is very :bungie:

now thing is public event/important target chests don't count, but cayde chests do. Which is extremely :bungie:

Ugh, this happened to me yesterday, which sucks since apparently Cayde's chests are one of the few ways to get loot to drop above the usual cap. Hopefully he sells new ones each week, would be pretty bummed if it was a one-and-done thing, especially since I got nothing but blues from the ones that actually worked.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Tei posted:

Aww gently caress I'm getting withdrawals.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

In the Division you play as an agent for the US Government who slaughters disaster survivors in New York while fueling a race war. How, exactly, is that not offensive?

I think we got a live one here boys

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Mazerunner posted:

Oh wow, I thought I just got really unlucky. That sucks.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Republicans posted:

drat hell rear end bitch.

gently caress you Bungie I'm not gonna stop hammering the login until I stop hearing other Guardians log in and zip away this thanks for ruining my day btw gently caress you again Bungie

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

DrNutt posted:

Aww gently caress I'm getting withdrawals.
Quick, we need a poorly spelt post on the official forums demanding free poo poo for the downtime ASAP! :black101:

Or maybe point out the always online model is bloody irritating, and campaign could've been offline at least. :argh:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nobody cares about the division because no one played the division and now its dead hth

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
No thread turn left

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

nobody cares about the division because no one played the division and now its dead hth

I have a co-worker who made a 12 minute long video on why the Division doesn't suck now and the entire 12 min you literally don't see one other player. Kind of have some respect for the 4 people trying to keep the dream of a good Ubisoft PvP game alive.

oh yea this video was made 3 weeks ago

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Maintenance extended by 2 more hours, They're probably doing another spot check for other hidden nazi frog images.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Turns out it was a load-bearing meme

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Ugh, this happened to me yesterday, which sucks since apparently Cayde's chests are one of the few ways to get loot to drop above the usual cap. Hopefully he sells new ones each week, would be pretty bummed if it was a one-and-done thing, especially since I got nothing but blues from the ones that actually worked.

yeah he sells new ones each week, planet matching the flashpoint planet I think. It's Nessus this week.

also worth noting his chests are account based, not character based.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Roman posted:

Maintenance extended by 2 more hours, They're probably doing another spot check for other hidden nazi frog images.

They're removing Sturm and Drang just to be safe.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Roman posted:

I bet you had to be wearing that one specific piece of gear to complete the raid and now bungie have no loving clue what to do

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Grey Fox posted:

Turns out it was a load-bearing meme

:vince:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i would be very impressed if bungie designed a raid encounter that could only be completed by a hunter wearing a specific pair of legendary gauntlets

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

For real though I'm not going to stop trying until I no longer hear other Guardian's load in on the "One Moment Pls.." screen. Really trying to contain my outrage and jealously.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Super No Vacancy posted:

It was the opposite of Destiny, where it somehow became even worse and more boring with each expansion.

I guess next time I want to play as a CIA deep cover asset murdering thousands of New Yorkers, I'll just get 9/11 Simulator- It's free, it has a bigger and more interactive game world, and its less repetitive.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i would be very impressed if bungie designed a raid encounter that could only be completed by a hunter wearing a specific pair of legendary gauntlets

Those gauntlets let you do the middle finger emote, which is essential for beating the raid boss.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Division was generally awesome until I got to the endgame and realized it was basically nothing compelling unless I liked the weird SUPER HARDCORE pvp. Worth $60 though for sure. The setting and gameplay were great. I'd like to see a sequel with a way better loot system + pve focus like D2.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

96 spacejam posted:

I have a co-worker who made a 12 minute long video on why the Division doesn't suck now and the entire 12 min you literally don't see one other player. Kind of have some respect for the 4 people trying to keep the dream of a good Ubisoft PvP game alive.

oh yea this video was made 3 weeks ago
The sad thing is, they did fix what people were complaining about, mostly the progression, PvP and gearing problems. But they took way too long to do it, so it's dead as a doornail.

They managed to put in a microtransaction shop in record time though! :downsgun:

It's pretty much the same with For Honor. The actual gameplay isn't terrible, it's the balancing and everything else. It probably didn't help they admitted to the playerbase they weren't intending for everything to be unlocked without microtransactions.

It just seems to be Ubisoft's MO recently. Release something always online that looks promising, soak up all the money from the first few months of release, do something blantant to piss people off, then use the playerbase dropoffs as a excuse to reduce / get rid of the servers. All while producing smaller DLC's to keep making cash from folks still sticking with it.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Yo anybody playing Lawbreakers?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

btw this feels personal cause I woke up at 4am sick today took a bunch of cold meds I got in Unkraine that work better than anything in the States but I have no idea what's in it, anyways I came across the gold chest area in Artifacts Edge and at 6:30 I figured I'd give it a shot and no joke an hour and a half later when I was finally standing on the ledge to drop down and open it the screen went black and I saw the maintenance tweet. i drugged myself with Eastern European pills, jumped around in a small, single caved room for nearly 2 hours this morning and the server shut down right as my frustration goes away. What did you do with your morning?