Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

with TouchID the phone has unlocked itself before you've even pulled it all the way out of your pocket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

oh that's cool. no problems with accidental pressing, i presume

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Face ID looked about as lovely as described in the leaks, unfortunately

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Face ID looked about as lovely as described in the leaks, unfortunately

it copped out on hair force one right at the start of the demo

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
oh good they did get rid of touchid

guess I'll be holding on to my iPhone forever then

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

next year they'll make touchid work through the screen and then brag about how innovative they're being and also about how they're giving their customers more options

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

just for people who may be new to this game: if you can help it avoid the first years' version of any new apple platform, maybe even two years

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

My Linux Rig posted:

oh good they did get rid of touchid

guess I'll be holding on to my iPhone forever then

you can just get 8, op

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
nope if touchid ever returns it'll be on the back because that's how samsung does it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Stymie posted:

nope if touchid ever returns it'll be on the back because that's how samsung does it

it'll be on watch

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

you will move your watch to your phone and it will unlock with nfc

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

watch id, a timeless apple classic

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

qirex posted:

just for people who may be new to this game: if you can help it avoid the first years' version of any new apple platform, maybe even two years

but I need those snapchat filters noooooooow

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

what's the normal people language difference between 2.4 and 2.8 appertures

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

qirex posted:

the 8 seems basically 7s-y in this respect at least

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

qirex posted:

which means for those of you just now learning this your poo poo out of luck because it's new iterations of every product every year from now on

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

also whoever asked, i think it was u kenny, its f/1.8 on 8 normal

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

qirex posted:

mate i have 3.5 year old nexus 5

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

qirex posted:

jokes' on you, I'm on the "new poo poo" upgrade cycle because I looooooooove death

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
it has wireless charging though, so now you'll be able to charge all your favorite coffee shops and airports when they implement it in 2080!

you won't need cords again! (except you will)

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i like the screen but thats a lot of loving money just to have a better screen

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

qirex posted:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

siri is not available in latvia, :rip:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

reviews of the iphone x: "amazing phone with serious flaws"
reviews of the iphone xii: "cyborg tim has done it again"

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

poty posted:

i like the screen but thats a lot of loving money just to have a better screen

not gonna lie I was going into this ready to put money down on a x but the delay is going to give me a lot of time to rethink that

I'm on a 6 so if I split $1k over 3 years' worth it's not *too* bad

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

another iFail with features anroid has had for years wow

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

looking at the faceid demo fail it was because it has that "must enter passcode first time" state. I thought it just didn't recognize his face. some idiot who set those phones up just got fired lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

akadajet posted:

looking at the faceid demo fail it was because it has that "must enter passcode first time" state. I thought it just didn't recognize his face. some idiot who set those phones up just got fired lol

:laffo:

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

akadajet posted:

lmao

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

akadajet posted:

tbf, touch id will do that seemingly at random too, it's not just the first time the phone is turned on

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

qirex posted:

reviews of the iphone x: "amazing phone with serious flaws"
reviews of the iphone x 10.2 jaguar: "cyborg tim has done it again"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
idk if it's a security feature or just sloppy programming but it'll happen a couple times a month without me ever shutting off my phone

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

infernal machines posted:

tbf, touch id will do that seemingly at random too, it's not just the first time the phone is turned on

it's if you haven't unlocked your phone in 24 hours or something

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

looks like yet another excellent year to own an SE

i still use a 5s that i've yet to see from apple a compelling reason to upgrade from

also, steve would have taken all the means of producing (including killing the engineers who worked on them) the SE/6s/6s+/7 and melted it to slag and only then announced the X

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

also whoever asked, i think it was u kenny, its f/1.8 on 8 normal
it was me, namaste cinci. makes sense but good to have confirmed

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

infernal machines posted:

idk if it's a security feature or just sloppy programming but it'll happen a couple times a month without me ever shutting off my phone

I think it requires a passcode once every so many days or when you haven't unlocked it in 12 hours or so

whatever the numbers are I always need to enter the passcode in my work phone on Monday

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

cinci zoo sniper posted:

what's the normal people language difference between 2.4 and 2.8 appertures

A smaller number lets more light in so you can have faster shutter speeds and/or less noise. It also has a shallower depth of field so background stuff gets blurred out more.

A bigger number lets in less light so you have to have the shutter open longer and/or more noise. It has a deeper depth of field so more stuff will be in focus.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
god, imagine getting an 8+ like some filthy poor when the X exists. like, you'd have to kill yourself to escape the ridicule.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

you know it will be iPhone High X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

tk posted:

A smaller number lets more light in so you can have faster shutter speeds and/or less noise. It also has a shallower depth of field so background stuff gets blurred out more.

A bigger number lets in less light so you have to have the shutter open longer and/or more noise. It has a deeper depth of field so more stuff will be in focus.

i see, so 2.4 (the x one) is a bit better for lovely on the go "funny thing is happening" photos

• Locked thread