Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

el B posted:

Yo anybody playing Lawbreakers?!
lol even the division right now is a booming runaway blockbuster compared to Lawbreakers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
The best part about the Division was when I traded it in for Overwatch.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
I wish I could have but I got it digitally. That game was so bad if I’d gotten it for free I’d still be disappointed

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

"Yesss twitter exploded about the Hunter arms. Let's use this opportunity to patch a bunch of poo poo, fuuuck"

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

The best part about the Division was when I traded it in for Overwatch.

You played yourself

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.

Waffle House posted:

"Yesss twitter exploded about the Hunter arms. Let's use this opportunity to patch a bunch of poo poo, fuuuck"

This is all your fault

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

KillTylerDurden posted:

This is all your fault

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Actually the division is p good now

It was garbage from 1.1-1.4 tho, for real

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It's fine to dislike the Division, but maybe not in the same breath as complaints about grinds and terrible PvP because uh

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
It was fun as hell twinking in the level 14 DZ with min maxed gear.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Actually the division is p good now

It was garbage from 1.1-1.4 tho, for real

I bought into that for a time because goons started giving a poo poo again, but when I actually played it was still really lovely and the writing made me want to eat my own testicles

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

poptart_fairy posted:

It's fine to dislike the Division, but maybe not in the same breath as complaints about grinds and terrible PvP because uh

Oh please Destiny is on practically an entirely different plane of existence from loving Division's terrible terrible PvP. They're not even comparable.

TomVanDam
Apr 25, 2010

Javes posted:

It was fun as hell twinking in the level 14 DZ with min maxed gear.

That's it was brother. That it was.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

DrNutt posted:

Oh please Destiny is on practically an entirely different plane of existence from loving Division's terrible terrible PvP. They're not even comparable.

lol ok

Why the Destiny threads so intent on jerking off about this.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Are the endgame mobs still tremendous bullet sponges in The Division?

I'm glad I played The Division and I want a sequel, but I ain't going back to that shooting over Destiny

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Grey Fox posted:

Are the endgame mobs still tremendous bullet sponges in The Division?

Nope. At their worst it's a clip or two of ammo.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

poptart_fairy posted:

lol ok

Why the Destiny threads so intent on jerking off about this.

Because this is the Destiny thread and some dipshit brought up a lovely Ubisoft game.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

poptart_fairy posted:

Nope. At their worst it's a clip or two of ammo.

I mean, that's a lot of ammo for dudes who are mostly at worst weirdos dressed as soldiers or whatever.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

DrNutt posted:

Because this is the Destiny thread and some dipshit brought up a lovely Ubisoft game.

Even without Lumpy stupid loving gimmick these threads are weirdly hostile about the Division's existence.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
Don’t worry he was here

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

sexpig by night posted:

I mean, that's a lot of ammo for dudes who are mostly at worst weirdos dressed as soldiers or whatever.

Genre convention. Robots or not its still dumb I found myself dumping entire inventories of ammo into some bosses here, but that's how RPG shooters go.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

i still love the division but even I won't defend its lovely benny hill sketch PVP

1.8 looks really good but unless they completely rework the movement system I'm not holding my breath for the pvp to be suddenly great

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Division was originally pushed as a Destiny-killer so when it promptly faceplanted like so many Halo-killers before it that was funny

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

poptart_fairy posted:

Even without Lumpy stupid loving gimmick these threads are weirdly hostile about the Division's existence.

Because it loving sucks man. I'm still annoyed at myself for buying it, having played the lovely beta and knowing how much it sucked. Mostly because I listened to people on here saying "it's actually good now!" I should have known better.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

poptart_fairy posted:

It's a bad game.

e: oh and uh, racist too.

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

that feel when the server downtime is extended

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

poptart_fairy posted:

Hmm yes how "weirdly hostile" to point out a thing in a video game that everybody is talking about in the thread at the moment that you feel is bad. Weeeeird. Ly hostile.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

DrNutt posted:

Because it loving sucks man. I'm still annoyed at myself for buying it, having played the lovely beta and knowing how much it sucked. Mostly because I listened to people on here saying "it's actually good now!" I should have known better.

Move on with your life.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hey we should talk about a good videogame like Destiny 2

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Hmm yes dumping thousands of rounds of ammo into an ancient reality bending robot is the same as doing the same into a guy wearing a hoodie, this is a thing my brain has zero problems with as it is a genre convention.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

poptart_fairy posted:

Move on with your life.

I tried but the servers are down.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Is it like D1 where you shouldn't even step into crucible until you have meta weapons?

Auto rifles feel really good for some reason to me. I used to hate them.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

DrNutt posted:

Hmm yes dumping thousands of rounds of ammo into an ancient reality bending robot is the same as doing the same into a guy wearing a hoodie, this is a thing my brain has zero problems with as it is a genre convention.

And why does everyone run the same quest? I don't understand RPGs.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Roman posted:

i still love the division but even I won't defend its lovely benny hill sketch PVP

1.8 looks really good but unless they completely rework the movement system I'm not holding my breath for the pvp to be suddenly great

Yeah p much this.

I will admit to liking the divisions dark zone pvp in a certain respect: I get physically aroused loving over people who play the game to gently caress over people.

I played the actual last stand pvp for a while but then they nerfed Deadeye and the only way to play now is to chicken dance like a retard with an m4.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

poptart_fairy posted:

And why does everyone run the same quest? I don't understand RPGs.

These apples and oranges are the same thing, I totally agree.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

poptart_fairy posted:

Genre convention. Robots or not its still dumb I found myself dumping entire inventories of ammo into some bosses here, but that's how RPG shooters go.
Yeah but having to score five consecutive headshots on Fireman Ed with your most powerful rifle every time you rounded a corner just felt like the developers didn't really know what to do at the end.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah p much this.

I will admit to liking the divisions dark zone pvp in a certain respect: I get physically aroused loving over people who play the game to gently caress over people.

I played the actual last stand pvp for a while but then they nerfed Deadeye and the only way to play now is to chicken dance like a retard with an m4.

Loved too grief people in the Division

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

96 spacejam posted:

cold meds I got in Unkraine

Such pathos, you must be a poet

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Norns posted:

Hey we should talk about a good videogame like Destiny 2

I think the raid will have a laser section, *does some googling*

Something like this game:
https://jayisgames.com/games/reflections/

Two notes of interest:

- Ratking seems interesting for the raid.
- We have not seen or hear about a epic weapon that is really good for the raid yet (like Touch of Malice), could be a quest we already have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Grey Fox posted:

Yeah but having to score five consecutive headshots on Fireman Ed with your most powerful rifle every time you rounded a corner just felt like the developers didn't really know what to do at the end.

You're a big strong muscle man hacking at a dude for 30+ strokes with an ancient cursed fire-sword in diablo, it's a freaking video game

Not everyone wants to play a twitchy shooter, ymmv bro